Commit to get fit and lean for Aug 10, 2009

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Hallo and good morning,

I will do disc 10 today. My last week of M1, than I get a recovery week:p My back is still bordering me today, I did yoga for back pain, That helped a little. If my back is acting up while woking out, I will lower my weight.

Amelia, how did the babysitting go? Did you get MIS UB in?

Cookie, have fun at the beach. I wished I would be relaxing on the beach too. LOL! Sounds like you will get a nice workout with that Latin DVD.

Iris, WTG on PUB yesterday. Glad you feeling better. What are your results from the MIR?

Maudite, Congratulations on quitting smoking! You can do it! I smoked a very long time ago, quit cold turkey! It has been years, I done a bike ride (outside). Nice workout yesterday.

Debbie, must be something in the air! My lower back is bordering me since Saturday. Make sure you stretch your back. Sending you healing vibes.

Trish, congratulations on the weight loss! That’s fantastic!

Lori, glad you shifts are over and your back to normal. Believe it or not, I miss being around my kids. Enjoy the time with them. WTG on your run. A jewelry party sounds like fun. Did you buy anything?

Gianna, my DH is in the military. He has to stay in good shape! He loves to ride his bike. Glad you enjoyed your rest day. Those bran muffins form an Oxygen mag sounds so good. Can you share the recipe?

Helene, good job with KickMax yesterday. Sorry your DH and kids are not feeling well. Enjoy disc 4 today.

Have a great day, everyone! BBL after my workout.

Hi,

I just did Disc 10 (chest, shoulders, biceps) Plus Ab Circuits “Stability Ball Abs”…total 70 min. I also need to do some stretching later today. I walked the dogs for an hour early this morning also.

I will be back to post my workout. Need to go grocery shopping first:rolleyes: BBL!

My best to all.

ok...where did my post go? I was just reading over it:confused: i sometimes wonder if there is someone on herer playing games with us up early folks;)

Belinda..AWESOME workout girl! wow,thats over two hours of activity!

Maudite-Cold turkey was how i quite too...nice going girl:)

Helene-Your absolutely welcome...glad you liked the site:)

Hey to Lori,Iris,Trish,Debbie....did i miss anybody?:confused:

Today is week three of my rotation..doing a 60min cardio outdoors. Ive got Cardio Coach Volume 6 on tabs. then i will do abbs.

bbl gators:cool:

Good morning!!

Bayern - nice job. I did Stability Ball Abs as well this morning (although I did get all cranky and annoyed when the pikes came into play). I HATE stability ball abs!! I suspect it must be a really terrific ab workout since I hate it so much! Is this your first STS rotation that you are doing? M1 is my favorite of all 3 and I always hate it when I'm done with it.

Punka - what is cardio coach? Is that like a walking/running i-pod kinda thing? I don't even know if that made sense :)

Enjoy (or at least tolerate) your Monday!!

Good Morning Ladies

On tap for today is a run using the couch to 5k...and then the first five intervals of Imax 1....Hopefully I can make it through all that. I have DOMS from PUB....it has been a little while since I've experienced that wonderful feeling.

BBL for personals and hopefully I will have the results of the MRI by then :confused:

Workout done...CCV5 outside is ALOT harder than on the treadmill,yikes. I looked like a red-faced tomato when i was done:confused:. burned 560 cals in 55mins.

Iris-Great workout planned girl...crossing my fingers for your MRI.

Maudite- you got it! Its a downloadable mp3 program...i just love them. any workout planned for today or is today your rest day?

ok,gotta scoot...have a good one guys

Good morning girls,

I took yesterday as a rest day, my lower back is improving. I'm going to do 30 min. on the TM this morning and later tonight there is an instructor from my old gym teaching a spin class which I will take. Also food shopping and work inbetween.

Belinda - Sounds like we are on the same page, lower back pain & food shopping today. You had a great workout today:)

Lori - I say enjoy your kids when they are young, when they become teenagers you have bigger problems:D Kudos on your run yesterday.

Amelia - With the extra money you'll be tempted to buy more fitness stuff:eek: Have fun with CC6 today.

Iris - Good luck w/MRI results today, have fun with your run today.

Trish - Enjoy your workout today.

Cookie - In case you check-in . . . have a great time!!!!!!

Gianna - Do you have the Tosca's Clean Eating Cookbook? I really like that. The muffins sound so good:)

Maudite - It seems like cold turkey is the way to go. I hear a lot of success stories w/people who go cold turkey. I do a very wobbly pike:eek:

Helena - Thanks for back advice. Way to get kickbox in yesterday.

Have a nice day everyone:)

No rest for me. This morning I did STS disk 20, Premix 4 of Low Max and Stability Ball Abs (did I mention I hate the stability ball)!?!?

Morning Girls

Good Morning! After reading about all your wo results...I am READY for mine - legs today. M1 D12 & inspired to add Stability Ball Abs (Thanks Maudite!)

Helene - Sorry for confusion, basically when the sun sets at your place it is rising at mine. I am in Sydney, Australia (14hrs ahead of NJ - Cathe's World & 8hrs ahead of Germany - Belinda's World.) So I get the benefit of reading about all the great wo results accomplished by everyone - this always shakes any laziness from me.

Maudite - Pikes in Stability Ball abs - I have yet to master. I am sure I look hilarious in my attempts as my children always give me pointers as they compare Cathe's perfect form to my sloppy, struggling attempts. Best to do this when they are at school.

Amelia - I am going to google this cardio coach - new to me & I would love to mix it up a bit. Thanks.

Deb - Yes, have both of Tosca's cookbooks and another is due out this fall. My kids love the nuggest & sweet pot fries from teh family one. I LOVE the crockpot porridge.

Belinda - A military man - HOW NICE. That must help for motivation. The muffins are good. Recipe is from Oxygen May 2009 issue:

1 c high fibre bran cereal
1 c wheat bran (I was out, used oat bran)
1 1/2 c fat free vanilla yogurt
1/2 c flaxseeds (I used ground LSA)
2 c whole wheat flour
1/2 c maple sugar flakes (I can't get these in AUS, so used 1/4 c agave nectar)
6 pkgs stevia
1 tbsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 c lowfat milk
1/2 c olive oil
2 egg whites
2 tbsp vanilla extract
2 cups blueberries ( i used mixed berries, another option is mashed bananas + 1 tsp cinnamon)
Oven 375F/180C - Bake 20-25 minutes
1. Mix cereal, bran, yogurt & flaxseeds - LET STAND FOR 10 MINUTES
2. In separate bowl, mix flour, sugar flakes, stevia, baking powder, baking soda & salt.
3. Add milk, oil, egg whites and vanilla to the bran mixture. Stir in blueberries (or fruit of choice). Fold into flur mixture.
Recipe states that it makes 12 muffins.... I got 18 out of it. I think due to fact I used LSA mix instead of seeds. A much better morning tea option for the kid's lunchbox. They love them & surprisingly so does my DH.

Hi Gals!

Better late then never I suppose!:D I didn't get ANY sleep at all last night:( I was sooo tired when I got home. I went into DS's room to check on him, I moved him, covered him up and then he woke up!:mad: I think it was 5'ish before I got to sleep! No workout today either. I was thinking about going for a run tonight but after I put DS to bed it was to dark out. Oh well....Ill take it as a rest day and I may get up tomorrow morning and head out before DS wakes up.

No time for personals....hopefully I will be back in the morning!

Lori:)

Quick Hello to Everybody,
Too beat tonight. I'll try to get some personals in with a cup o Jo in the morning before heading for the Basement and Drill Max before work. Did do Disc 4 this morning and Yoga tonight. Tired and famished when I got home and tried to eat everything that was in the fridge, not a pretty sight.......sigh.....oh well tomorrow I'll have a chance to clean it up again.
A good night/good morning to all!
Helene

Hallo girls,

I am back to post my workout and personals!

Pushups - Pyramid Up
Pushups - Pyramid Up
Pushups - Pyramid Up Singles
Superset Seated Lateral Raise & Seated Rear Flys (dumbbell) 10
Standing Dumbbell Curl 19
Standing Dumbbell Curl 16
Standing Dumbbell Curl 12
Incline Chest Flys (dumbbell) 28
Seated Rear Flys into Band Pulls 8
Bonus Band Pulls
Incline Curl Alternating & Rotate at Top (dumbbell) 15
Pushups - Wide, Standard, Narrow 3 reps change on
Incline Side Raise on Stablity Ball (dumbbell) 11
Seated Barbell Isolation Curls 45
Chest Flys on Stability Ball (dumbbell) 23
Lateral Side to Front Combo (dumbbell) 7
Incline Band Hammer Curl
Core Pushups - boot camp style
Seated Front Press Double Arms 1.5\'s (barbell) 36
Reverse Dumbbell Curl 18
Stability Ball Pushups- Ball at hips,knees, feet
Functional Overhead Press (Rt & LF) then Front raises 8
Barbell Curls 45
Prone Pushups on Stability Ball
Seated Lateral Raise Both Arms High Ends (dumbbell) 5
Seated Curls Alternating + Both Arms (dumbbell)
Pushups 21\'s
Standing Barbell Front Press 36
Barbell Curl Narrow Grip
Staggered Pushups
Standing Overhead Press Both Arms (dumbbell) 20
Standing Overhead Press Both Arms (dumbbell) 16
Standing Overhead Press Both Arms (dumbbell) 13
Preacher Curl on Stability Ball Double Arm (dumbbell) 19

Amelia, don’t you hate that, writing a nice long post, than its gone? How frustrating! Those CC’s are a lot harder outside. Awesome job today, girl. I always look like a red-faced tomato after my runs. LOL!

Maudite, I didn’t like those pikes either. I do have to admit I like stability abs workouts, not pikes. I did STS (6 month rotation) in March, I finished M1. Than my sinus started to act up, I couldn’t breath. I ended up getting surgery in April because nothing worked. I started getting a nasty infection right after surgery again. I do need a second sinus surgery, but first I will do the 3 ½ month STS rotation. LOL! At least I made it once through, lol. How many times have you done a STS rotation? Great job with STS disk 20, Premix 4 of Low Max and Stability Ball Abs.

Iris, good luck today. How did your run go?

Debbie, are you stretching your back? I been doing a lot of yoga these days. Great workout plans today. How did your spin class go?

Trish, must be busy?

Cookie, have fun backing in the sun! LOL!

Gianna, thanks for sharing the recipe! It looks so good. My husband is almost 28 years in the Army. He wants to do 30 years, than we will retire. We are married for almost 26 years in December. I moved with DH around for 26 years, I am tired of moving. I am looking forward to retirement. LOL.

Lori, sorry you didn’t get any sleep, hope you got lots of rest.

Helene, wtg on disc 4 plus yoga today. How are you liking STS? Have fun with DM tomorrow.

I will see you later! Good night, everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.