Coming back

Hi. Because of months of inactivity due to depression, I'm ready to resume Cathe workouts. Which weight DVD would be best to start over with? I have the FitTower workouts and many weight and step videos. Any advice would be appreciated because I don't want to overdo it and lose more time. Thank you all!

HI Susanne,

Welcome back. Have you got Cathe's lite series? If not, check it out. It will challenge you just enough so that you feel accomplished and ready for the next workout. Remember, you can always use the shorter premixes until you are ready for more.

Have a look and come back and let us know what you think. Please keep us posted on your progress.

Good luck,

Ama

I agree with Ama - try the LITE series. There's a PHA Training workout that will help you ease back into weight training. Then move on to ICE.

It definitely is harder but consistency is key. I'm coming up to 60 next Halloween and a couple of weeks of daily doses of mostly Cathe or some Kelly Coffey Meyer and I can see and feel the difference and know I'm almost where I was. It's very motivating.

You say you're returning to Cathe so I know you're not as unfit as you may think you are. Those muscles will soon be popping up to say hello.

Ama

Hi. I had a lot of personal loss in 2017 and it hit hard, so I didn’t workout. This year I started with LITE, and then used the 3 ½ month STS rotation, adding kickboxing and stepping, and slowly working up to HIIT routines. Right now I’m doing Xtrain and Low Impact Series Rotation. Grief (any emotional pain) is very physical. It takes time to work it free. Don’t forget Cathe has yoga DVDs in the LIS.

Welcome back. Other posters have given you solid advice. I also highly recommend the LITE series. Somehow those work outs just make me happy. I'm trying to get back to pre-surgery fitness after a total hip replacement. It's been a long, slow process for me. But one of the things I try to remember is that any movement counts. So the days I don't want to do anything due to other stressors in my life, I try to at least stretch for a few minutes. That has made a big difference for me and made the work outs I do tackle feel easier. Getting mobility back has been key to helping me feel more fit again. Best wishes to you!

Lots of great advice and encouragement above. :) Lite is definitely a good starting point. The easiest weight routine of Cathe's I own is the segment in Basic Step +Body Fusion. Very doable and not too long.

I find that metabolic workouts can be good when I am getting back to weight training as the weights used are light so the demand on the muscles in not overwhelming. Also, band workouts with a light tension band has worked for me when working my way back to the heavy stuff. Cathe has Travel Fit as well as the Bands and Body Weight workout in her LITE set.

On those days that it is motivation that you seek, I would not worry too much about which program you choose as long as you ENJOY it. Getting back after an absence can be daunting. When that happens to me I think back to the Cathe programs that I enjoyed the most in the past. Any particular workouts that used to put a smile on your face and that didn't hold any dread factor? You may want to use some of these oldies but goodies. You can always start out with super light weight of course or modify in other ways (knee push-ups, fewer reps, shorter pre-mixes, etc.). Perhaps you will find comfort and the consistency needed for results with familiar favourites.

Good luck, Susanne! Let us know how you progress!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.