+-+-+CLEAN/TIDY/TUESDAY+-+-+

Becky, I am glad you got a little rest :)

Klaudia, that is scary:( I’m glad you were not seriously hurt. I think that is a valid excuse for taking your recovery week :)

Nina, we are supposed to get an inch or two, but so far w/this storm it is looking like we are going to not get it too badly. I agree that it is different for everyone& as long as you are feeling good and the exercise is making you feel better then it is all good:)

Anne, hope your meetings aren’t too tiring.

Wendy, any idea how your chipped the bone? That sounds so painful! We went to Raleigh, NC for the weekend for my youngest dd’s 1st dance competition.

Clintonya

I'm so sorry, guys, this day just got CRAZY. This is the first chance I've had to catch my breath. I'm headed home soon to do Disc 14 of STS and then eat a yummy dinner of chicken tortilla soup (thanks to Kate's recipe). I'll try to check in again later.

anne

Hi Everyone!

I did CS of Disc 13. I will do tri's tomorrow. I just got invited to a baby shower so I ordered my gifts. I can't believe the shipping costs but I don't know when I will get out to get a gift and if I wait until the last minute everything will be gone. So the whole Washington, DC area is closed tomorrow. Most of the schools have closed through Friday and then they have Monday 2/15 off for President's Day. A lot of people came to work today to get away from the kids. Pretty funny.

Klaudia, ouch - sorry you were rear ended. Take it easy - you could be sore tomorrow. I generally don't mind a little snow but this year has been ridiculous. I don't know where we are going to put it.
Wendy, a chipped bone - that is scary. I hope you don't need surgery.
Nina, I think each person is different and we need to do what works for us. There are plenty of distance runners in the world who train just as hard as you.
Becky, I love taking naps that you feel wonderful after. Glad you got some sleep.
Clintonya, I hope you don't get too much snow. I hope you get caught up soon.

I haven't died! I promise.
The ICU is CRAZY! I think I'll be luck if I post a few times a week this month. I am post-call today, meaning I went in at 7 am yesterday and didn't leave until this morning (I have to be out by noon the next day, but luckily I got my stuff done and was out at 9am). I have kept up with my workouts. I'm starting that first week of the meso 2 for the STS/Shock cardio rotation. Yesterday was Hiit 30/30 and the med ball abs. I did some yoga in the ICU conference room last night (not a lot, but some). That room has a wall of windows on 2 walls that overlooks Cincinnati. Very pretty while it was snowing.

Today I kind of had a workout frenzy while Zoey napped. I did Disc 13 before I napped and then did 4DS Lower Intensity Step cardio only premix. I also did a new yoga DVD (Kundilini Yoga Beginners from Ana Brett and Ravi Sighn (spelling is screwed up I know) I did that in Zoey's playroom while she played. As I went in to upward dog I'd make faces at her and she'd crack up. It was fun. I look forward to doing yoga WITH her in a year or so.

Happy Anniversary Angie. Sounds like you started it off with a great workout!

Becky, did you venture out today? I live in Anderson Twp, so I take 471 and 275. The roads were snow covered but there weren't any wrecks like on I-71.

Kate, you are amazing. 4 x working out yesterday! Go Girl!

Katie, I want a GWF so badly! How much was it?

Morris, just reading about your workout makes me tired! Hope the eye gets better soon.

Colleen, my sister-in-law works in DC too. She is ecstatic about all the days off. Hope you get out of the funk. We had to buy one of those SAD lights when we moved back up north from Florida. Darkness and dreariness puts both DH and me into a funk.

Klaudia, hope you got a workout in today.

Wendy, that sounds so painful! I guess I missed the injury. Did you chip your elbow then? I did that a few months before I conceived Zoey, tripping while doing 4DS Lower Intensity Step. Hope it feels better super soon.

Anyway, DH will be back from a meeting soon and then it is a Lost and Biggest Loser night for me. I workout out hard, slept some, put Z to bed, and now I get to veg out!

I'll try to be better about coming on here and posting. During ICU months I just feel at times like I can barely keep my head above water. Good news though: I am not depressed this month like I was the last time I did ICU in October. I think Cathe has a lot to do with that (and better diet)

DrBecky (Becky Sue)

JUst had a minute to read...

DrBecky, You amaze and motivate me! You put us all to shame! Super high 5's to you!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.