Clean Eating for Vegetarians?

hriacobacci

Cathlete
I'm new to the forum and have been seeing lots of posts about clean eating. Does anyone know of a really good resource for clean eating recipes for vegetarians?

Well, I am terribly fond of my baked cheetos and pizzas oh and cheese. I would like to find some healthier versions of some of my fav junk foods (like pizza and pasta). I do like Vegetarian Times as well. They always make everything look so yummy!

veggies

clean eating?
spr.gif
well i think you dont have to try to worry yourself about clean eating with vegetables since veggies are just so easy to eat and there are no harmful effects..

If that's all I was eating was straight veggies then yes. But some of the meat substitute products (for the necessary protein) are highly processed and sodium-packed (not all, but some brands). It's also easy for vegetarians to overload on the carbs so I was looking for advice or suggestions on what others are eating is all.

clean eating?
spr.gif
well i think you dont have to try to worry yourself about clean eating with vegetables since veggies are just so easy to eat and there are no harmful effects..

It is pretty easy to eat a junk food vegetarian diet these days because they have managed to create so many seemingly "healthy" versions of everything. The meat analogs are really processed and full of sodium. Try looking for recipes to make your own. Also, if you haven't already eliminate all the white stuff - white flour, white sugar, white rice... Try to make as much of your food from scratch as possible and minimize how much processed food you buy and buy lots of it fresh.

Don't worry too much about protein. There's no need to use meat analogs to get enough. Focus on bean and grain dishes, and you'll be fine. If you eat dairy, yogurt is a really good source, too. The grain Quinoa is an excellent source of protein - they say it's supposed to have all 9 essential amino acids. You can find it at most health food stores.

Clean Eater and Vegetarian---

Hi! Tosca Reno is the "mother o clean eating!" I think her and Cathe should get together and tour the US! Anyhow, she has lots of wonderful ideas that are simple and great tasting. My kids love the foods I prepare and i am can say that with Tosca's clean eating and Cathe's fat shredding workouts, I feel better than I did in my teens and 20's! Take baby steps, just like with your workouts and soon you will find that it is easy, convenient and cheap to eat clean!
Good Luck!! OBTW: Have a great big bowl of natural oatmeal with milled flax and bee pollen in the morning, talk about nutritious and delicious!

There is a vegetarian cookbook that is my favorite. The Passionate Vegetarian by Crescent Dragonwagon. Its a good read. She uses some vegan recipies and some recipies with eggs, milk and cheese. All the recipes I've tried came out good. Some low fat and some not.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.