Clean Eating and Working Out

hannahsmom

Hi! Clean Eating

I was thinking this the other day and wondering if any of you know the answer. I get confused on this and it occurred to me that I might actually be eating to less because I am working out. I usually workout about 5x a week. I lost 65 pounds already (in 2 yrs) by portion control and not eating after 7:00 and exercise of course. I know that if you want to loose your last 15 pounds you need to really watch what you eat and eat more veggies and lean food and eat clean. If I am trying to eat around 1400 calories a day, eat clean and do an hr strength video or say a 45 min cardio (sometimes 1 hr) then should up my calories to 1700 that day? Am I eating too less? Should I eat more veggies? Am I eating too little? I think it’s around 1400 calories but then with workout it might end up being lot less. Here is a typical schedule:

Day 1 – workout was 1 hr strength, ½ hr cardio

B - 1 egg scrambled (made with 2 egg whites and 1 whole) with 1 red pepper, 1/2c mushrooms, 1/2c onions
S- Orange
L- chicken pistachio salad, made romaine, grilled chicken with pistachios some grilled onions, ½ cup cucumbers, avacado/lime dressing
S- Smoothie made with 2% milk, strawberries, raspberries, 1 scoop protein powder
S- about 12 baked tostidos with salsa
D- orange roughy, 1 cup veggies
s- 2 sugar free fudgiscle

Day 2 – cardio workout (45 min sometimes I do 1 hr of Cathe)
B- oatmeal, 3/4c 2% milk, 1 scoop protein powder
S- zone bar
L-South Beach Wrap (220 calories) / cottage cheese w/fruit
S-apple, w/peanut butter
D- pork tenderloin, 1/3c brown rice, 1 cup veggies
S- 1 sugar free creamsicle, 10 tostidos w/salsa

Day 3 – cardio, pilates
B- omelet made with 1 cup veggies
S- yogurt or zone bar
L-Greek salad made with grilled chicken, 1 egg, cucumbers, tomatoes, beets, 1 small red onion / cottage cheese with fruit
S- about 10 tostidos with salsa
D – salmon or chicken, 1 cup veggies, 1/3 c brown rice

This is typical for me. I might get off track and eat something I should once in a while but usually this is a mainstay for me. I bought a calorie book today and a Heart Rate Monitor (polar F6) so I am hoping this helps. Does anyone know how much more I should be eating and if so what should I add?

Thanks

Teresa

I know that either Fitday or Sparkpeople are free websites that you can plug your food into it and it will track your calories. I am not sure about FitDay, but I know that SP also tracks exercise and sets a recommended calorie range for each day based on your weight loss goals and calories burned. Maybe those sites could help you figure out your total calories.

HTH

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.