Clean and Tidy...Saturday 16 June

lederr

Cathlete
Morning Clean and Tidies!!!

Yesterday was an off day for me. I had DOMS from doing Legs and Glutes for the first time on Thursday. I liked it a lot! I downloaded a bunch of iTrain workouts yesterday and may try one of those today but Saturdays are my usual day off because I am usually out at dog adoptions all day. We'll see...

I hope all you wonderful ladies have a fabulous Saturday!

BBL

Good Morning Lorie and my fellow clean eaters who follow,

What an adorable avatar, Lorie! That little one reminds me of a cockapoo we had when I was a little kid. L&G is my favorite Cathe lower body workout. I love that you don't need a ton of weight (heavy weight causes me to bulk up FAST!) and there's great variety. LOVE IT! Although, I had major DOMS the first time I did it LOL. Tosca's book is starting to sound more and more interesting to me...I think I'll have to check it out. There are some tasting sounding things in there.

I got home very late last night so I didn't have time to post but it was a good, clean day for me. One positive to these really hard days now is that I have very little time to stop and eat so I often times miss some of my planned snacks. It's almost like I bank them for the next day and then allow myself a little bigger dinner. Does that make any sense?

Working out in the morning before work has not been an option because I really don't think that I would last the day if I tried to do Cathe on top of the riding load. However, I will be able to Sunday and Monday. I'm being forced to take two days off because I'm exhausted and my boss knows it, but he doesn't realize that the extra day will give me that much more work to do come Tuesday. It's kind of a lose-lose situation. I'm sorry I keep venting about this stuff here but it's really the only place that I can unload and everyone here is so amazingly supportive. I can't take this to my SO or mother because we just end up arguing about how I need to get out of this line of work, which I agree with, so it ends up being useless. Okay, done now...promise :).

B - spanish omelette
S - cottage cheese and a banana
L - hardboiled egg white with guac, salad with black beans, apple
S - flax seed bread with PB and carrot salad
D - broiled snapper with lemon-caper tomato salsa, spaghetti squash, half a sweet potato
S - plain yogurt with cherries (my fave fruit!)

Have a great day everyone!
Wendi

That's Linus. I think he's a poodle/terrier mix, but I really have no idea. He's my therapy dog and comes to work with me and works with the kids. They absolutely adore him. I love seeing them interact with him.

As far as venting...vent away!!! We are here for you.

Goodmorning Lorie, Wendi and those to follow.

Lorie, I had a rough day yesterday too. There were all kinds of changes of plans concerning my MIL, and I ended up eating a totally filthy lunch. Dinner was fine, grilled salmon, but I washed it down with a delicious Pinot Noir that lead to another glass. What do your "dog adoptions" consist of. Do you do recue adoptions, or it through the ASPCA or some other organization?

Wendi, you sure have a lot on your plate. Can I ask some nosy questions? Where do you live/work (generally - Upstate, Finger Lakes, Hudson Valley, city?) Can you make a good living doing what you do, or is it more of a job you do because you love it? Do you have your own horses? What are you training/riding the horses for? It just sounds fascinating. I have a good friend who is a "horsey" person. She tried to get my involved years ago, but I didn't have the time or the money to do more than ride every now and then. I've forgotten everything she taught me.

We are headed for a visit with my DS today. I don't know what that will mean food wise. I'll try to make wise choies. Have a wonderful Saturday.

Robin-I work with a rescue group in Atlanta called "Aiding and A-Petting" (www.aidingandapetting.com). We get our animals from shelters, ther side of the road, owner give-ups, strays that people find, abuse cases...basically everywhere. I have been doing animal rescue for ten years and really, really love it. It's a wonderful way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

Lorie - He's just too, too cute and I love that you are so active with rescues. I would love to do that because it really tears me apart that there are so many unwanted animals out there.

Robin - You're not being nosy at all! We are in the Hudson Valley in a small town called Pine Bush (Orange County...yes, as in Orange County Choppers ;-) ). As far as making a "living"...it's okay. I mean, it pays the mortgage but I certainly won't get rich off of it. Board, lesson and training money keep the farm up and running, you only make money off of sales (and we have A LOT of sale horses right now). If we can sell one or two bigger ticket horses a year (meaning 75k to 125k) the farm is in good shape and I get a little bonus from the owner/boss when we sell something.

I am a barn manager/assistant trainer/rider, although right now I'm pretty much THE trainer because my boss just tore his knee up (torn ACL, MCL, miniscus and fractured tibia). We have jumpers, hunters and ponies and show quite extensively in the northeast during the summer and head south to Palm Beach, FL for the winter circuit starting in January. If you've ever seen show jumping on TV, the Olympics, etc., that's what we do. In fact we had one horse that just missed the long list to the 2000 Olympics and had one that was being pointed toward the 2004 games but had a career ending injury in 2002. We also specialize in "retrains", meaning horses that, for one reason or another, got screwed up by someone and need to be taken back to square one. I have a bunch of these right now.

Most people do it because they have a passion for it...I used to. Right now I wouldn't care if I saw another horse for the rest of my life LOL. I am burned out and I know it. It happens to most people in the business. It's not uncommon for people to take a few years off and then come back to it. It's an incredibly time consuming occupation and I wouldn't wish the hours (especially while showing) on anyone.

I do have my own pony that I picked up a couple of years ago as a project to turn around and resell. She's finally ready to go out the door ASAP...she now has some good show mileage on her, a great show record and is ready for a kid of her own. I'm little, 5'1", 115lbs, so I do all of the ponies at home and set them up for the kids at the shows but I can't show them, though.

Okay, have I bored you to tears yet :+?! I will try to get some pics up on picture trail at some point if you're interested. I do have a webshots account that has a couple pics of my pony (bay pony, Eternal Gold) from Florida 2006 and some scattered pics from other horses and ponies that we've had over the years. The Millbrook's Prestige pic is actually me from about 10 years ago :7 LOL! I hope this works...

http://pets.webshots.com/album/551616716FrtNwB

If the link doesn't work my user name is gerwd and they are in the Horse Show Pics album.

Wendi

Hi, Ladies,

What interesting reading this morning!
Lorie - That picture of Linus is adorable!
Wendi - I'll say it again...I'm just in awe of your work days!
Robin - Good luck today with your travels!

My plan today:
B- oatmeal, half a chopped apple
s- watermelon, a few nuts
L- plain yogurt with berries, cup of lentil soup
s- raw veggies and hummus
D- grilled tuna, leftover quinoa, spinach
s- watermelon

Everyone have a great clean day!
Patty

Hello everyone, I still can't move very well from the operation, but it's getting a little better. I just received my new Step and it's killing me not to be able to use it yet.

Today, I'm focusing on Cleaning up my act. Not only will it be clean, but I will focus on consitent times in between when I eat. That usually tames the sugar monsters:)

Lori, I also love your avatar, sooo cute. I also have been working with animal rescues for about 6 years. I had to stop fostering them since my last adoptee has special needs since she wasn't socialized enough when she was a pup. So I recruit people, namely my family to go into the shelter to help. Every year we have a grape jamboree fesitival and huge parade, and this year I'd like to recruit some people to help me enter some of our local sheltered dogs either in the back of my dh's truck or walking them, whichever I think it would be a huge turnout.

OK sorry about going on and on. Those fur-babies are one of my bigger passions to help.

Anyways, I think it's great to have a fellow animal rescue aide here:)

Carrie

020706_10006740003.gif

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but5/lb/209/145/179.0/.png[/image][/link]

http://www.picturetrail.com/uid6743693"

Good morning ladies!

Wendi, I loves lookign at your picture! You do have some demanding work! You need to be proud of yourself. I looks like what you do has had an impact on many people and animals alike! Keep venting here, it's fine.

Robin, like you I had a filthy day also. Well, a filthy night. I did my usual during the day, but after DS's graduation we went to Appleby's and I had baby back ribs and lot of fries. Then, for the finale I had a sundae. DS's only graduate HS once, so I'm not too worried about it.

Today, I'll get back on track.

Robin, hope you have a ggod visit with DS.

Lori, yoru avatar IS cute!

Patty, do you make your own lentil soup?

Carrie, forgive me for not knowing, but what operation did you have?
Phyllis http://www.smileyhut.com/silly/arrowhead.gif

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

Help, help, help!!

It's TTOM, and I want to grab everything in sight, sweet or salty!!

Today has definitely not been tidy, though it's not been disastrous. Jelly on the PB toast for breakfast, a half-slice of pizza for snack, a few chips and salsa at dinner. If I can just make it to bed without totally caving in I'll be OK. Keep the chocolate far, far away!!

Laura

Hi, Ladies!
A quick check-in to say I'm doing better today with the clean eating. Had Kashi waffles and oatmeal for b'fast, and a salad for lunch. However, had a small cup of low-fat ice cream after salad. Got to find a way to curb sugar cravings! Have a great weekend.
Valerie

Hello everyone!
Lorie, your doggie are lovely! i'm rushing cause we're heading out camping, so i didnt get a chance to look at everyone's picture trail.
I have 2 adopted dogs myself, David Bowie, and Roxie Music!
Well, i've only brought raw veggies and fruit camping, how much trouble can i get into right :)
breakfast was usual oatmeal, but lunch, got into those damn carob raisins again. why do i buy them.
Well, i should be back tomorrow, have a wonderful weekend ladies.
Steph

GET THIS...so, I told you guys that DF has been a pretty unhealthy eater. Anyway, when this challenge was proposed I went with him to the bookstore to look at Tosca's book. I showed it to him and asked if he wanted to do the challenge thinking he would ask me what crazy train I just got off of. He looked at it then said, "sure!" Okay, you can imagine the look on my face. This coming from the man who loves his wings and beer. So, we did it really strictly for two weeks and he did it. I thought he'd jump at the chance to go back to his regular eating once the two weeks were up but he hasn't. Although, he doesn't want to give up beer totally and has indulged in that. So, here's the "GET THIS" part...last night after work he went out and bought Tosca's book!!! I have a copy but we don't live together so he only looks at it when he's here. I am so proud of him! He is really taking this lifestyle chage to heart. I know the beer isn't good, but if that's his one cheat, then so be it. I do make him drink the Michelob Ultra, so at least it has less calories.

Wonders never cease...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.