CIA 2901: Amy Bento - Kickbox Surge

Iris_g1

Cathlete
I'm just wondering what you guys think of Amy Bento's upcoming workout. I am trying to decide if I should pre-order or not. I haven't been crazy about Amy's kickboxing workouts in the past, but I do enjoy "Rumble". Not crazy about "In the Ring", although I do like the med-ball premix. What are your preliminary opinions? Do you think it's worth pre-ordering?

Kickboxing workouts are my all time workout favorites, and I am always looking to add new videos to my collection, but I need to start being a little more selective with my spending. I can't wait until we start hearing more details about Cathe's new STS Cardio series. I am REally looking forward to more Cathe cardio :)

i pre ordered this one b/c i enjoyed the last CIA kickbox/hi-lo workout she did but when i saw the clip i have to say i wasn't WOWED. i love amy's workouts dearly so i feel a little bad saying that i may not be crazy about this one. i did like in the ring myself but this one just looks like rehashed versions of earlier workouts not mashed up so well and the music, just not feeling it. i guess once i get it i will have a better idea b/c sometimes those short clips don't do it justice.

kassia

I'm liking the new trend of using recognizable songs (I loved the music in Hi Lo Knockout). All I've seen is the collage clip and for me, a minute isnt long enough to make a decision. I'm excited about it and actually plan on revisiting her other kb workouts soon)

Having all of Amy's workouts and loving most ( Rumble wasn't my fav...), I am going to reserve judgement until I have the workout. The clip just isn't enough to get a true "feel" for the workout until I do it myself.

Have you looked at the preview clip at www.collagevideo.com ?
If you haven't been wild about Amy's KB in the past, you might not like this.
After seeing it, I'm very glad I didn't preorder: her form seems worse than more recently, and there's a real 'not-really-kickboxing/hi-lo" look to it.

I agree with Kathryn!

I previewed Amy's new kickboxing and new kettlebell videos and I don't think I'll be ordering. Her kickboxing form is getting worse, probably because of the way she strings together the moves (and how quickly you have to go from one move to another).

And the kettlebell video looked decent until I got to the part where you swing the kettlebell overhead and hop across the room! I'm no kettlebell expert, but that looks like an accident waiting to happen!

However, I did preorder Cathe's new series because I've never been disappointed with her workouts.

(Hi, Kathryn!)

(Hi, Kathryn!)
Hi back at ya!

Yes, that "skittering" across the room, like the KB is getting away from her, and the worsening KBoxing form made me glad I didn't preorder. I LOVE Amy's music choices, and want to like her, but I think she and I may have at last come to a permanent parting of the ways!

I preordered and I'm glad I did. Amy is doing herself a dis-service though. She is not putting up a clip on her site which is sually 7 or 8 minutes and gives you a great feel for the overall workout as opposed to the little one minute clip from collage. I know I will like it though and I love the little bit they have in the clip at collage. I enjoy the way Amy's kickbox is very hi/lowish, with great tunes, and tough, funky, creative moves. I love In the Ring and traded Rumble away. Rumble is the first Amy Bento workout I didn't care for (actually, really, really didn't like it...boring). I am ordering Amy's first kettlebell workout (3-n-1) and when I get comfortable with kettlebell's, I plan on ordering her her newest...I think it looks like a ton of fun and tough! She is supposed to put up a clip of the kettlebell workout (last weekend) but it's not up yet.

Yes, you can cancel orders with Amy. I have done so in the past. But make sure it is before she announces she's shipping!

Clare

I preordered and I'm glad I did. Amy is doing herself a dis-service though.

well she did mention cost being an issue and although i am sure she is getting paid well for doing this, its really CIA and greg's production and she won't be carrying it after the pre=sale, so i guess from a finical standpoint it made sense not to spend more money(being she will be filming her own stuff soon)that wouldn't suit her company. i do agree it kind of stinks b/c we get a better idea of the workout from her longer clips. somebody did suggest using youtube the way cathe does and it might help offset SOME cost.

kassia

Thanks everyone for your opinions. I did preview the clip on Collage, but like others have mentioned, it's soo short, I can't really get a feel for the workout. I didn't like those jumping side kicks, but at the same time it does look like it could be a pretty fun workout. I don't like hi-lo workouts, and this seems to have a little hi-low feel to it, so I think I'll just wait until the workout is actually out and people have actually done the workout :)

Good plan!

If I'm not sure about a workout, I wait for the reviews (or comments on the forum) before I make up my mind. That way I'm less likely to make a mistake and end up with an attic-stuffer.

I did not pre-order her kettlebell or kick box workouts. For some reason I do not seem to click with her. I have tried to like her but can't seem to really enjoy or look forward to doing most of her workouts. I have decided to spend my money more wisely and not have so many workouts end up in my "dead workout box!" I totally disliked -- "In the Ring." I did it twice and could not bring myself to do it again. Rumble was okay but there was not much intensity in it. I have probably done ASC3 and Hi/low knockout more than any of her workouts. I agree that her kettlebell workout did look an accident just waiting to happen.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.