CIA 2203,2204??Any Good?

dee

Hi,

Has anyone tried CIA 2203 Cardio Strike plus Boot Camp or CIA 2204 Step Til you Drop?? How are they in comparison to Cathe's?? Is the music any good?? Thanks in advance for your help.

Sincerely,
Dina

Hey, by chance I just purchased CIA 2203 Cardio Strike Boot Camp!!! I don't have Step Till you Drop, but I must say that looked appealing too. I also ordered Christi Taylor, which, I must say, seems like a big dissapointment. I just viewed the tapes, but alreay I think I am going to return them. CIA 2203, although I haven't done it yet (did a very small portion) looks pretty fun!! The girl is a little corny that teaches it (Terri Reeves?). She says things like "Atten-TION!!!" and "AT EASE" and she makes this really funky noise when she punches, so it is funny. But it seems to be funny to me to do any other instructor other than Cathe just because I am not used to them. I always initially dislike them, but try to make myself give them a fair chance. I also recently got Taebo, which looks fun and Mindy Mylrea's Strength Express, which looks good too. Now I am in a quest for a Med Ball!!! Walmart here I come!!
I am also thinking of getting these when I return Christi Taylor. Let me know if anyone has any experience with these:

Reebok: Intense Moves with Gin Miller
CIA 2101: Extreme Intervals
Body Pump Video Only
Winsor Pilates Abs Sculpting
The Firm: Super Body Sculpt

I would not get Step Till You Drop, but I like more interval cardio with alot of changes. I say go for it if it looks good. Make sure to view it on Collage Video!!!

Janice

Hi,
I have Intense Moves with Gin Miller. It's quite challenging. I think it's a little more challenging than IMax2. I think IMax2 is nothing compared to Intense Moves. Of course I have not tried IMax1 yet. A friend told me IMax1 is easier than Intense Moves. I really enjoy Intense Moves very much. I give Gin Miller 2 thumbs up with this video. It's worth it!

Hi Janice,

I have Intense Moves and I loved/hated it so much I did it once a week for 2 years until I found IMAX (which is easier). It is extremely challenging if you follow along with Gin and not the others who do modifications.

Does CIA Bootcamp look challenging??

Thanks for your reply,
Dina

RE: How do you return tapes?

I like parts of Step Til You Drop - I love the first section with athletic stepping, but not the next two. The middle one is too easy and the last is just too complex (can't believe I'm saying that - I can't get enough of Cathe's complex step but this is just not the same). Oh, I really need to warn you about the last segment too - the guy is really, really risque in his comments about shaking your booty, dancing around a pole (!) etc. - I will not do this one in front of my kids. The yoga-based 15 min. stretch is wonderful - it actually turned me on to yoga. So I use the first section and the yoga a lot. As for the kickbox, I found that disappointing, just doesn't raise my heart rate enough. Cardio Kicks and Powerstrike do it better.

Meredith

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.