Chris, it's Kathy S. -- Help!

TarHeelMom

Cathlete
Hey Chris,

I HATE to bother you because I know you are mobbed. It's Kathy S., logged on under a new name (in honor of my TWO UNC-Chapel Hill sons :D).

I triple-checked my e-mail address on the old Forums and have followed your instructions on resetting my password VERY carefully. The new Forums keeps telling me I've been sent an e-mail to allow me to reset my password. Nothing's come thru, and I've been trying for quite a while now. :( I must be doing something wrong, huh? This is so ironic, since Debbie and Lorrayne and I have been reminding Road Trippers all week to be sure they checked their e-mails addresses before the old Forums went dark. I may never live THIS down! :eek:

What else do I need to do to be able to post under my "old" name??

Thanks so much Chris! And HUGE CONGRATULATiONS to you and Cathe - the whole new "place" is just amazing!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathy S. a/k/a TarHeelMom

Have you checked your junk mail folder?

I am having the same log in problems and had to create a new user Id and a new email address which I don't want to use. I've tried numerous times and have checked my spam each time. Anymore ideas?

Deb

It is best to just wait as email like this can easily be delayed or marked as spam. Always check your spam filter and make sure to check your junk mail

Apparently there are several of us that are having this same issue. I too regisered under a different user name and email addy just to get in. Just like Kathy tried the other way and kept getting that an email was sent and nothing. Nothing in spam or junk mail either. How long to think we should wait for an email to come? I've never had problems with emails from the site before. I really would like to use my original user name.

thanks

Same here...

I used to be Oldfirmie :( but I can't get on...I've been waiting for my email since last nite and it is not in my spam folder :(

Same here! I have tried since yesterday to get my password reset. I get a message that says it has been sent.

I checked my spam folder and also double checked my junk mail filters.

I have tried to reset my password about 12 times since yesterday and nothing happens. I am sure it is the correct email address since I have gotten all forum notifications on this email and I checked my profile before the old forum went down.

Carola

Check your ISP's junk mail folder

One more idea: check your ISP's junk mail folder on their server. Many ISPs (Comcast and AT&T among them) have a spam filter system that takes out some emails before they even reach your computer. In order to check that folder you need to use their webmail email access, not your computer's email program.

For example, at AT&T, go to http://webmail.att.net/, then login using your at&t email address and password (make sure to choose your domain from the drop-down list). Once you are logged in, you will see a list of mail folders on the list, with one named "Mailguard". check in there to see if any mail has been filtered by accident. (While you're there, mark the email as "This is not spam", so it doesn't happen again.)

For comcast, go to comcast.net, and click email in the upper left hand corner. Then login. (I can't give more specific instructions than that because I don't have a comcast account anymore)

Other ISPs should have a similar setup.

Hope that helps some people! Good luck!

Add me to the list. I've checked my spam filter and have never had a problem receiving emails from this site before.

My old user name was ElaineP

One more idea: check your ISP's junk mail folder on their server. Many ISPs (Comcast and AT&T among them) have a spam filter system that takes out some emails before they even reach your computer. In order to check that folder you need to use their webmail email access, not your computer's email program.

For example, at AT&T, go to http://webmail.att.net/, then login using your at&t email address and password (make sure to choose your domain from the drop-down list). Once you are logged in, you will see a list of mail folders on the list, with one named "Mailguard". check in there to see if any mail has been filtered by accident. (While you're there, mark the email as "This is not spam", so it doesn't happen again.)

For comcast, go to comcast.net, and click email in the upper left hand corner. Then login. (I can't give more specific instructions than that because I don't have a comcast account anymore)

Hi Jodi! What about hotmail?

Belinda:eek:

I have been checking my webmail email access also since yesterday as I did know about the additional spam filter catching some of my spams before they were released to my computer however none have showed up. I have comcast.net too. So unfortuneately this isn't the problem with me.

Hey Chris, thanks for responding and trying to help. I checked my SPAM box -- zippo -- and then I changed my SPAM filtering on my Comcast account to completely ALLOW SPAM. (UGH.) Then I tried again and went to bed. ;) This morning nothing had come in. So I tried again. Nothing.

My e-mail address is still exactly the same as it's been for years. Any other ideas for me?

Kathy S.

Marla, glad it worked for you!

Belinda, the only way I know of to check hotmail is at hotmail.com. You might want to look at your spam settings there to allow all spam and then try again. Other than that I don't have any more ideas....sorry.

Sorry it didn't work for everyone. Oh well, it was worth a try.

Please add me to the list also.

old username-got2bfit. I verified my email was correct in my profile and have never had a problem receiving emails from this site. There is nothing in my junk mail folder. It is very frustrating to say the least.

Thanks

Marla, glad it worked for you!

Belinda, the only way I know of to check hotmail is at hotmail.com. You might want to look at your spam settings there to allow all spam and then try again. Other than that I don't have any more ideas....sorry.

Sorry it didn't work for everyone. Oh well, it was worth a try.

Thanks Jodi! Nothing!!!!!:confused:

Belinda (bayerngirl)

Last edited:
All the forum mail is going in my spam folder on the AT&T web site. I've tried to adjust it and this post is a test to see if it again ends up in my spam folder. Can someone reply to this post so I can see where it goes? Sorry to bother you all with my test post.

Thanks,
Marla

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.