(((Chinups/Pullups/Whatever Your Pleasure)))

OK...I gotta vent!! I had the worst workout of my life this morning and it really pissed me off:mad::mad::mad: The weights increased to 80% and I couldn't lift the amount on my workout card for the majority of the exercises. WTH?! Plus, Cathe does drop sets and goes way too fast! I slow down but still can't complete all the reps. I'm starting to question the science behind this type of lifting. Either that or I did not test for my 1RM properly. AAARRRGGGGHHHHHHH!

Deep breath............................................................................. Sorry ladies but I had to get that off my sore chest!

Catherine- Pushups came back with a vengeance is disc 22! Are you doing disc 2 today? I remember the doms well. Take care.

Linda- Whatcha up to?

Judi, sorry about your frustration. I am thinking that I am gonna sort of ignore my 1 RM. I am a decent gauge at what I can lift. I will opt for heavy wts and have then next avail wt up or down avail incase I need to use them. Otherwise I know I will wind up frustrated. I think the main thing is knowing that you are pushing to do your best ;) Keep at it!!

I am planning disc 2 tomorrow. Seems I read to do them with a day in between and with my doms I think that would be best :cool:

Catherine - Good Luck with STS!:D I will be interested to see how it goes for you. Sounds like the 1RM is more trouble than it's worth.

Judi - Sorry for your trouble with your 1RM. I would have to say if I ever do STS I wouldn't bother with the testing. Sorry to hear that Cathe goes to fast too. I have to admit, that I made most of my strength gains when I stopped doing Cathe and started working out on my own.
Anyway, you are right about Tabata being an interval workout and this rotation has applied that priniciple to regular strength training. So you do as many reps as possible for 20 seconds, rest for 10 seconds - repeat for 8 sets. Then rest two minutes and change exercises.

Okay, one word....BRUTAL!

Did Tabata Training for Chest this morning. Let's just say it was a humbling experience. Mad that somehow I managed to turn my HRM off so I have no idea of the calorie burn. Chest is already starting to get sore.

CHEST
Pushups
BW - 8 sets/10-8 reps **dropped to knees on 5th set***

Incline Bench Press
45# - 3 sets/10-8 reps
40# - 5 sets/8 reps ***Know I blew the 10 second rest here, but could not keep pushing the 45# bar. Better safe than sorry***

DB Press
20's - 8 sets/10-8 reps

DB Flyes
15's - 8 sets/8 reps

Could not believe how fast the four minutes went for each exercise.

CARDIO
Then finished with CTX Step & Interval cardio skipping the warmup.

Then of all things today I had to go get a mammogram!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:
This evening I did a bit over 1/2 of RS and my foot starting hurting :confused: I switched gears and did STS ab circuits plates and wts :eek: Talk about frustrating. A person could hurt themselves doing that one LOL!! I am sooo not an ab person.

Anyway, I have an MRI scheduled for Friday. Maybe I'll get an answer:( I really miss my intense cardio:mad:

Judi, I hope Cathe responds to your post in the STS forum. I am kinda glad I am doing this after some others have started. I bet lots of other folks are struggling with the 1 RM and just don't post much about it. I did my 1 RM much like you did. I will just do what I can and try not to get too frustrated.

Linda, I hope your mammo went ok.

Yeah, I'm hoping Cathe replies.

I just added an album of my workout area and equipment to my profile if you are interested. I think I'm gonna need a bigger room pretty soon:confused:

Today's word is ....Ow!

(Also copied Debbie's w/o just changed to my stats)

This morning I worked Triceps and Biceps.

Warmup was 4 DS HIS through First Blast.

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off for each exercise

2 minute rest between each exercise.

TRICEPS
Lying Barbell Tricep Extensions:
35# - 8 sets/10-8

Bench Dips:
BW - 8 sets/12-8 reps
***Now this is just about the hardest thing I have ever done!

Overhead Dumbbell Extension:
20# - 4 sets/10-8
15# - 4 sets/10-8
*** burned like crazy

BICEPS
Barbell Curls:
35# - 8 sets/8-7 reps (up 5#)
***By the end of this my legs were shaking. What's up with that? They weren't doing anything!

Incline Dumbbell Curls:
15's - 4 sets/8-7 reps
12's - 8 sets/8-7 reps
***Burned!

Hammer Curls:
12's - 8 sets/9-8 reps

Then finished with second combo & blast of HIS and stretch. Workout was 1:03 and burned 356 calories.

Also, I have never had DOMS from a chest workout before that went down into my ribcage.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

BBL, to chat, have to go to work.:D

Linda, we all know how much you love DOMS!!! Nice w/o. When do you see your new client??

I finished disc 2 :eek: I don't know if it went better or if I am just more tolerant after hearing Judi's perspective and reading the post on the STS forum. I will say that I stunk at the pullups and chinups. There's a reason why I do these on their own- I get better numbers LOL. I did 4/8, then 2/6 on the chins(first # unassisted second with the band) and 7 assisted pullups with the band. Didn't even attempt a real pullup at that point :confused: I added a set of 5 band pullups at the end for good measure though ;)

Today I did LIS/HIS double cardio and STS no weight abs. I'm afraid to admit I really tweaked my shoulder yesterday which added to my frustration. I was supposed to do 74# for BP but dropped to 72.5 then 70. I hit failure by the third set, struggled to rack the bar and now I am having trouble lifting my arm over my head. That was at the beginning so that explains why the whole w/o went downhill. I'm going to go light tomorrow with legs and hope it is better by friday to take on the last disc of meso 2 back/biceps. Then a rest week!

Linda- I am intrigued by your workout. Is FitnessFreak the Debbie are you referring to? Let me know how this goes for you. I might try something like this when I'm done with STS.

Catherine- Don't let my whining ruin your experience with STS. Things didn't really get bad until I started into meso 2. I still hit failure in meso 1 and got doms but I recovered quicker. Do you think Cathe goes too fast? That was my main complaint. You'll get plenty more chances to work on your chins/pulls as they are in every back workout even into meso 2.

Do you get your MRI tomorrow? Good luck:)

Judi, CRAP!! I knew that I read you had trouble but wasn't sure if it was just a momentary thing or not :confused: I hope it is better soon.

I do think Cathe moves quick. I had everything ready to go and still had to pause on some exercises to get ready. Now on a few I was ready before she was LOL!!

I added about a half an hour of Strike Zone in this evening. I was spent :eek: I had a protien shake after disc 2 waited about 40 mins and then did SZ. I ate a salad afterwards and I am starving :eek:

Catherine - Hope you get some answers on Friday about you're foot. You're right I love DOMS!:p Starting to get some more in the Bi's & Tri's. I think you did a good job on the tri's. Oh and haven't been hired by new client yet, it's in contemplation mode right now.

Judi - I don't know the design of STS, but in my opinion when trying to lift heavy you need a rest between sets. Yes, it is the Fitnessfreak Debbie.

I have a head cold so hard to do anything, but I did manage Step Blast and Abs tabata style. Workout was 1:05 and burned 459 calories.

20 seconds on - 10 sec restonly rested about a minute before going to next exercise.

ABS

Hanging Leg/Knee Raises
8 sets/9-6 reps

SB Roll Out
8 sets/8-7 reps

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.