Chin-up check in June 17

honeybunch1

Cathlete
I did my sets of chins before doing Imax 3, then did some more after I was done. Now I can have donuts! And pizza!

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." Mark Twain ;-)

The donuts I had this morning. This afternoon I had some angel food cake roll with lemon filling with the pizza, followed by chocolate ice cream.

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." Mark Twain ;-)

Hey all.

Report for today: I did 4 sets of 3 and 7 sets of 2 so far. Will maybe try some more later. Wasn't able to get 4 on that first set today, but that's ok. I've done it once, I WILL do it again!!!

Having DH's family over for Father's day. So it will be a busy day.

Briee, your painting sounds like hard work, but I am sure the final result is very pleasing.

Oh yeah and back to the t-shirt thing. How bout a slogan "chinups they do the body good" (ya know like the milk it does the body good) with a picture of a fit girl chinning.

Kathryn, you are so close to getting 2!! And Soooooooooooosan, I expect to hear anyday that you've done one.

Melody, genetics or no you will do one, then two, then three,...

What about Janie, Joanne, and where is Amy with her new chinup bar??

Oh yeah and Melody, how's your DH liking P90X???? Are you ready to start a rotation?? Seriously though, P90X will help you develop the upper body strength to do those chinups.

Catherine

OK, did two more sets of 3 chinups. And just finished doing 6 sets of 4 reps bicep curls with 20 pounds. Before I could do chinups I could only curl 15. Now I can curl 20s }( }( }( . May try to sneak in some hammer curls with 25 pounders before company comes. They are due to be here at 2:00 pm- but they are ALWAYS late!!

Hope everyone's having a happy Father's Day!

Catherine

HB...A woman after my own heart!!

Catherine...you are amazing! Go girl.

Briee (busy...will post more later)

Am I allowed to check in this many times in one day LOL!!! This evening after company left I decided to give a pullup a try. Haven't ever been able to do one. Tonight I tried just standard grip and I did it!!!! Usually when I try to do a pullup I try widegrip which seem impossible. But tried just a standard grip and yippee I did it. Now I can do chinups and pullups (well singular on the pullup)

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Catherine

Me thinks Catherine went checkin-crazy today.:+ But I'd like to add YAAAA HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! on that pullup.

Briee, you just do too much. Get some rest.

I have to NOT do any chinup/pullup negatives this week (maybe longer) by order of PT/chiropractor.x( I have to work on some other things because of my neck issues. Alas, genetics and old age stink. But I refuse to give in to either:p ...motto, growing older but not up OR old, not ever.:+

ETA: OK, "Help I've fallen and I can't get up!":p :+

Kathryn...I just read your post regarding Fauxing on the other thread....LOL!!

Briee (I spoke with a TERRIBLE french accent while doing it until my kids chucked things at me so I'd shut up. Ever heard those cute little VeggieTale pea guys speaking with a french accent - I love them)

Hi there gang. I wanted to ask, even though I am not allowed to attempt the chinups right now, may I still peek in here?

Thanks Catherine. I'm a bit bummed at the moment and am known for disobeying orders, so I may have to check in to be told NOT to do chinup negatives. Oh my, how politically incorrect can one be?!:eek: :+

Good night all.

No Melody, I'm sorry, we're going to have to ask you to leave.

DON'T BE SILLY GIRL. Just answer this question....."do you eat donuts?". If the answer is yes...you may stay. Although they will probably ask you leave the clean eating forum if you try to post there. }( No, I take that back. I've been keeping tabs on what they are eating on the clean eating forum and I believe it is more of an "I wish I could eat clean but I ate pizza, pop, and chocolate last night" kind of a forum, but I think there wasn't room to post this in the subject line. :p :p :p (oooooooooo:eek: :eek: :eek: are they going to kill me for that one?). No matter. Here in the chin up forum our fearless leader is proudly consuming donuts, pizza and angel food cake for dessert (we love you HB).

The short or long of it is.....you can't leave. It's in the contract. You must stay until you do chin ups. You are just taking a break (which you NEED) and you are psychologically "one of us" for life.

We love you Melody.

Briee

Briee, you are cracking me up!!! I can just hear them over at the clean eating forum now. "Well it's more like I wish I could do chinups but all I could do is hang there and stare at the donut up on top of the bar" LOL!!!! You're gonna give up a reputation ya know ;) :p :+

Hey, where's Soooooooooooosan, Janie,& Joanne? Haven't heard from them in a while.

Catherine

Okay...now I'm rollin on the floor Catherine.

They MAY post that and I'll take it like a man}( }( }( }( }( or a chinner!!!

Briee (I'm still laughing...you described us SO very well Catherine)

Soooooooooooosan, on vacation?

OK, I think I just remembered where Soooooooooooosan is. Well, maybe. Did she say they were going on vacation? Does she not know she has to take her laptop with her and post on this check in?

:+ :+ :+ :+
Catherine

RE: Soooooooooooosan, on vacation?

I just love you funny gals. Thanks and "I'll be back" (spoken in my best Arnold voice, of course).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.