children's whole food multivitamin or green food?

amybajamy

Cathlete
My son's diet is pretty good, but he doesn't always eat a lot or what I want him to eat, so I'm looking for a chewable multivitamin that is made from whole food and is organic, or an organic green food powder that is safe for children. I also don't want any iron in the multivitamin because of potential overdose.

They have whole food adult vitamins, but I can't seem to find one for children. :(

Does anyone have one they would recommend?

yes, they make whole food multivitamins for kids

Hi!
They do make whole foods multivitamins for kids. Have you tried going to a whole foods market or comparable store? I have a smaller version of whole foods (called Nutrition S'mart) where I live and they have a whole isle of childrens supplements. I give my kids a multi and an omega-3 supplement and they like them. Since I am at work, I don't have the bottle and I can't remember the brand. I will look later and post the name for you.

I forgot I did find one whole food vitamin, but it had iron in it. My son is really into pills for some reason, it scares me, and I'm afraid if he got a hold of the bottle he would eat a bunch of them especially because they taste good. I guess quite a few kids die every year from overdosing on kids vitamins, and it's the iron that's fatal.

But yeah if you could look at your bottle when you get a chance and tell me the brand and if it has iron I would appreciate it. Thanks!

I give my daughter Dr. Furhman's pixie vites, they are a bit expensive but just giver her the minimum, just to cover the basics. there is no vitamin A or folic acid, no iron. There is extra vit D.
She likes it, we put it in her morning smoothie or soy milk. Some kids eat them just like pixie sticks.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.