Chicken Breast - Tasty way of cooking - Your thoughts

Hi Everyone,

I admit I do not have chicken breast cause I do struggle to make it tasty.

Please share you thoughts and eventually share your recipes.
I need idea and inspiration;);)

Hope to read from you.

Hi Nathalie,

(I always enjoy reading your posts, btw.)

I'm sat at my desk enjoying a piece of chicken breast I made last night. Just to warn you - I'm a 'chuck-it-in-and-see-what-it-tastes-like' kinda gal... no measuring, no weighing. In essence - no faffing around. This means no two chicken breasts tastes the same. Anyway, here's today's recipe with approximate quantities:

- 1 Tbsp Fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp Oyster sauce
- Zest of 1 lime
- Juice of the lime you've zested
- 3 Tbsp Coconut oil, melted (but you can use any healthy oil you have)
- 3 cloves Garlic, crushed (less if you prefer)
- 1 Tbsp Ginger, finely grated
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika (optional)
- Scotch Bonnet pepper finely chopped (if you like the heat; if not use chilli flakes)

Mix all the above together and adjust to your taste. I don't usually add extra salt but feel free to do so. In fact, feel free to leave out any of the above ingredients or add your favourite.

- Chicken Breast(s), whole or cut into strips

Put the chicken breasts(s) in the mixture and leave to marinade for as long as you can/need. If you don't have time stab the breasts all over with a fork (my method, as I cook fresh food daily after work) and swish around in the marinade to cover well.

Grill under medium heat, turning frequently until nicely brown and cooked through.

Alternatively, roast in the oven, gas mark 5-6 for about 45 minutes, turning the chicken halfway through cooking.

Enjoy!

Ama

I'm sat at my desk enjoying a piece of chicken breast I made last night. Just to warn you - I'm a 'chuck-it-in-and-see-what-it-tastes-like' kinda gal... no measuring, no weighing. In essence - no faffing around. This means no two chicken breasts tastes the same. Anyway, here's today's recipe with approximate quantities:

@Scorpio3110

:D:D:D LOL enjoying a piece of chicken breast on your desk. I do eat on my desk at work sometimes depending
where I am working. Thanks so much for listing ingredients. Yes I will leave out some of ingredients. Garlic and
ginger, paprika will definetely be on my list.

Hi Nathalie,

(I always enjoy reading your posts, btw.)

As to highlighted above, It is a pleasure to post on here.
if you enjoy it then I can only be happy:):)

Thanks and Take care;),

Last edited:
How long do you cook it for?
I cook it until it looks done. You can get a meat thermometer to use until you learn how to tell it's done by looking at it. My DH always uses the thermometer! Basically the too whiteness of it will be gone, it'll smell cooked, and when you cut it the juices run clear. I can't give an exact answer because no two breast are the same width.

Good Luck,

Beth

Hi Beth,

I do have a thermometer I hardly use. I think I will rely on smell or just taste a piece.
I think the key is to leave the seasoned chicken in lemon marinade for 1 or 2 days in fridge before cooking.
Thanks Beth:)

Last edited:
I like to cook chicken with cooking wine, white wine usually. Sliced zucchini and squash, sometimes I'll add grape tomatoes for the tartness. Any seasoning I feel like on that day. Like Scorpio3110 I just throw stuff in and see what happens ;)

I like grilled chicken with orange sauce. In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar (I prefer honey), cornstarch, orange juice, and soy sauce until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.

I like chicken breast baked with sour cream and pineapples. It the most delicious combination for me. Oh and covered with cheese

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.