Chicago?

NY25

Cathlete
Any Cathletes living in Chicago? What is it like now? What would you say/suggest to someone considering a move there?

Hello NYC, I've lived in Chicago all my life and I love it. Of course, being a big city as it is, you will always hear the negative (gangs, murders, etc. etc.) but Chicago has so much art, culture, shopping and fun activities to offer. Chicago offers various ethnic opportunities - yes, to be honest it's a little segregated as far as neighborhoods go. As far as the job market goes, yes, it's competitive, but I believe it's competitive every where during these difficult economic times. I would come out here for a few days and look at Chicago as a place to live not like a vacation. Like any other big city, there are bad neighborhoods and good neighborhoods and "changing" neighborhoods. Personally, I feel very safe in Chicago. The only issue would be winter - we can get some nasty cold weather during December through April, but when Summer does finally around, wow, we really appreciate our Summer.

PS: Chicago Style Pizza - the best!!

Take care. Let me know if there's anything I can help you with.

Hi. I live in the western suburbs and really enjoy the area. As mentioned previously, there are so many options for sports, arts, shopping, education, etc...in the city as well as the burbs. Lots of traffic, though, so the work commute can be quite lengthy depending where you live.

I moved here from northeast Ohio and I must say that although the winters are cold, the snowfall here is less than Ohio.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.