::: CHEETAHS ::: Wednesday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/greetingsandsigns/th_morningsmile.gif cheetah babes! :) :) :)

Thanks for checking out the pics, ladies.

Shelly :: sorry to hear about the ankle difficulties..how’d it feel on your interval run? Better I hope…I’m glad you get to spend some time with DS & BIL…sorry they have to go back!…No, we didn’t exchange info, but I did find him online and we’re chattin’. You can never have too many friends, I say.

Judy :: I’ve never heard of a magnet bed – interesting!…So, you are a Precor owner, correct? I think that’d be well out of my price range but I am looking into EXTs now and I know you did some thorough shopping. Is there an EXT in a lower price range that you considered as a good buy? (Anyone else with an EXT, suggestions would be appreciated.)

Wendy :: did you catch up on sleep last night?

Wendi :: *lol* Well, you do have earlier wake-up times than me…Killer w/out last night…enjoy this morning’s run!…Thanks – I like being tan. Guess I’d better go the lotion route.

Christine :: I function better when I have a solid 8 hours of sleep…always have. My dad is like that, so I guess it’s just genetic…Love the Kimo story. Sounds like one of my colleagues who goes bananas when he sees squirrels in the courtyard. *lol* IA about the view, too – love the ocean and being at sea. Would love to do another (longer) cruise soon.

Lorie :: your post had me laughing – HH as in hidey hole???…*lol* I was thinkin’ happy hour! Maybe THAT’S the way to go…Sorry you’re having a run of craptacular days ~ sending lots of positive vibes your way http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/goodluck/th_vibes2.gif for things to turn around for ya. And do NOT feel any slacker about posting personals drama. We’re glad to hear from ya. Catch up when you can. No big deal.

Carole :: Don’t know about the EXT, but I hope soon! It depends on the cost. What brand you have or recommend? I think I will wind up putting the tm in storage b/c I so rarely use it. I bought it for rainy/wintery days only, but even then it is tough to force myself on it. It is truly a dreadmill. I love that the EXT is no-impact. It makes more sense for a 30-something+ body.

Kristi :: I missed DWTS last night and didn’t see who was booted…thanks for the info on BFL. I didn’t get to the site yet, but I will check it out.

Sunny :: wow, that was the first time you broke out 4DS BC?? It does fly by, doesn't it? Love it.

Lori :: hope your internet troubles are short-lived…Glad to hear DS seems to be adjusting well…that makes it easier on mom…Smiling at your mom’s comment. No, some people just don’t “get” it when it comes to exercise…I thought I might gain (or perhaps remain the same) b/c my eating hadn’t been too stellar in the couple of weeks *before* the cruise, either. So even a tiny loss was a pleasant surprise.

Last night I opted for 4DS KB only, deciding to push C&B to the weekend. I was not in the "mood" for weights for some reason. Today I'm scheduled to run and hit bi's & tri's, but I will probably need to work later tonight, so in all likelihood, there will be a bit of a change-a-roo.

Will try to drop in later and get caught up. Have a happy hump day, ladies!
[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]
[font face="comic sans ms"]When I look at the smiles on all the children's faces, I just know they're about to jab me with something. http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/cartoon/homersimpson.gif

Good morning ladies,

ugh, as it gets colder it is hard having to get out of bed so early....

ok, so today my workout will be the new 30 min sprints icycle and later on i will do 4DSkb, legs and core.

cathy- sometimes you just gotta do what you are in the mood for. yes it was my first time doing BC and it got my lower body good! i use alot of those moves in my bc class however next week i am going to use those jump over the step butt kicks}( .

i will check back in later to see how my girls are doing. have a good one!

okay, i am determined to write a good post later today when i have some time at work (hahahahahahahahaha! :7 ) i would like to vent, vent, vent and i know how awesome all of you are.

yes, hidey hole...it's pretty funny. when you're down there, everything is calorie and fat free, you can have johnny depp or the hottie of your choice join you, it's stocked with anything you need and what's not there, people will send to you (including lots and lots of supplies for happy hour!). The OAL is a lot of fun and really funny.

my run yesterday afternoon felt great. only thing is, working out in the early evening makes it hard for me to fall asleep. x(

well, today is weights. upper body only.

i will be back later. mwah!

Good Morning Gang:)

Just a quick check in before I head home:) My computer isn't at home so I won't be back until tonight:-(
Im not sure what todays workout will be. Everyday I have to wing it cause I still want to run outside but thats not always possible right now. Im also feeling like I don't need to go to bed but I know I will be dropping later and I have to get DS use to the sitters so its pointless to keep him home. I can do one of two things...I can worout while he is at the sitters and pick him up around 10:30....or I can just go to bed for a little shut eye!? What to do...what to do???

Cathy** My internet troubles aren't going to be over yet I don't think. I feel like beating the computer up when this happens. Im usually not in the mood to do cardio, if there is something Im not in the mood for. But b/c I have the mindset that cardio keeps the fat off...I make myself do it:)

Sunny** Enjoy your workout!

Lorie** YEs, come back later and vent! If thats what you need to do!!!

Have a good day everyone and I will be back later!!!
Lori:)

Good morning Cheetahville!

I'm sorry I didn't get to catch up with everyone last night. We didn't get back to the farm until around 9pm so the only thing on my agenda last night was dinner then bed :D. It was worth the trip though. We took two ponies and a horse over for people to try as leases and only came home with one pony so it looks like we've got the other two leased out as well....WOOHOO!!! The deal on my pony is pretty much done (but no check until next week x( ) but we had to make a couple of concessions to get it done, unfortunately. Nothing too bad but it has delayed the process.

I'm glad I only have a run scheduled for today. I'm not sure how far I'll go...probably between 5 and 6 miles depending on how I feel and how fast I'm running. I think even my toes have DOMS from the last two days' workouts. I couldn't do weights today if I wanted to...although, we have to unload hay today so I guess that counts :p.

Christine - We have primarily hunters and a handful of jumpers. We used to be more heavy handed in the jumper department but right now we are inundated with ponies! Thank God I don't show much anymore as I really don't like it. I'd prefer to do all of the training and prep at home and hand them over to someone else to show. Unfortunately, I've had to start showing again with this client's mare. It'll only be her third show and we're moving her up to the next division (but the jumps are still little at 2'6"). Right now she's playing in the hunters but we think it has enough scope (athletic ability) to do the amateur jumpers which are around 4'. Unfortunately, the client wants this to be a hunter for her daughter down the road but I don't think this will be a kid's horse. It's quite "hot", as we say...meaning it has a *lot* of "go".

Lorie - Oh, honey, this should not be a source of stress for you! You feel free to come in and unload anytime and don't worry about personals, okay? We just want to hear from you...the good, the bad and the ugly. Good for you getting your run in yesterday! I hope it helped to relieve some of your mounting stress. Too funny...HH!

Lori - So sorry to tease you with the new workouts. I can't believe you still haven't gotten them?!?! Killer workout yesterday...WTG! I completely understand the "mom comment"...I've gotten that more times than I can count. I've learned to just brush it off even though it can be oddly discouraging.

Kristi - How was your DWTS run last night? I hope DD's doctor visit went well.

Sunny - I didn't want 4DSBC to end either and that's not usually my favorite form of cardio! I *almost* started it over and ran through it again the first time I did it because it was so much fun! I was glad I didn't the next day though because I had some serious bootie DOMS the next day from it :p. I know what you mean about the cold, early mornings. I'm trying to psych myself up right now to get out the door for my run.

Wendy - Oh, I've been eyeing up a Bosu lately. They look like so much fun and a great new challenge. Unfortunately, finances won't allow one just yet, but hopefully soon. I hope you had a good time at your MIL's last night.

Cathy - I forgot to say "Congrats!" on the weight loss during your mini-vacay. That is quite impressive! I hope you are able to squeeze in workout today.

Waves good morning Carole, Judy, Shelly and anyone I might have missed!

I probably won't see you guys until tomorrow morning. Have a great day everyone!

I'll

Good morning all! Happy hump day to the cheetahs:7 Got in a decent interval run yesterday and my ankle isn't troubling me much :) :) I'm inbetween work nights (one more to go) so today will be a rest day. well..... maybe just some core work;-)

Cathy- Got back into the swing of things yet or is your mind still on a cruise?;-) It's funny but I haven't been in a "weight mood" all week! Very unusual for me. That's great that you are still in touch with your cruise friend:*

Lori- I actually always work the night shift. However my shifts are 12 hrs 7p-7a so I only do 3/wk. If I am off the next night I always nap right when I get home and feel so much better for it. In fact I can usually get in a pretty good hard workout on those days. I found your comments interesting about people who think losing weight is the only reason to ever exercise.... far too many people have this mindset I'm afraid.

SunnyD- "shellyitis"??????? Oh dear, now I have a disease/disorder named after me! :eek: }( LOL. Hopefully this was only a temporary insanity for you! The 4DS BC workout is a blast though isn't it?

Wendi- Sounds like you had a very productive day with getting rid of some of your excess ponies:) Nice KB combo workout you did yesterday!
Hope you can get in your run.

Judy- Did you have a successful shopping day?

Wendy- Going to break in the Bosu today? So far I haven't been tempted to get this particular exercise toy. Don't know why... I'll be curious to hear your opinion on it.

Christine- Had a fun time with Spinervals yesterday? It seems like you haven't been doing them quite as much as you used to. You will LOVE Amy's KBext and HSC!!!

Lorie- You have such a wonderful witty sense of humor, even when you are "down" so to speak! Please don't stress yourself over personals!!!!! You've got enough going on to stress over right now... we're happy to be a sounding board for ya! Re: your dilemma over training for your Turkey day HM. Don't fret over it. Personally I'm not a believer in sticking to a rigid routine with training for a race. Things always come up and really, you're only talking about a 4+ day difference between the last long run and your race. You'll be fine..... relax!

Carole- T minus 18 days to VEGAS :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Kristi- get in a good interval run?

Time to get busy here. Have a great one..... hi to anybody I missed today!

ShellyC

Good morning Cheetahs! Last night I got in a 5 mile run on the treadmill with HIIT for 3 miles. I was happy to do more than 4. It was a tough workout. The first and last miles were the warm up and cool down. Today will be PUB on my own during my normal lunch hour.

Cathy - Sorry you missed DWTS. I only caught the last 15 minutes. See Wendi's part to see why. I don't know if you want me to tell you who was booted off. If not then I won't spoil it for you. I wonder why Marie is still on there. I know she has a big fan base, but I don't think she is up to par with Helio or Mel. I hope it doesn't mess up the finals.

Wendi - I caught the last 15 minutes of DWTS. I only want to see who gets the boot anyway, not all the other fluff they put in the reveal show. Why don't they make it 30 minutes instead of an hour?

Shelly - Yes I got my run in. I was happy to do 5 instead of 4. This weekend I would like to get my long run up to maybe 7 miles. We'll see when Saturday comes. How excited are you for your Vegas marathon? I can't believe it is so close.

WAVES to all my Cheetah girls!

Good Morning Cheetahs!

I’ve been out of sorts the last few days. I think it’s the horrible foods I’ve been eating! I just feel un-energetic, a bit down. So, I plan to turn that around today. I will eat proper fuel and do a fun circuit workout, just to mix things up. Not sure which one yet, though. :p I’ll let you know.

Cathy - I’m with you – I need at least 7 or I am not fun to be around. Sounds like you really enjoyed your cruise. You SOOO needed it! I’m happy for you. And I’m with Sunny – sometimes you just have to do what feels right at the time. For me today, it’s tossing my rotation and doing a circuit workout. :p

Sunny – oh yeah, it’s tough getting up now! It’s so nice and warm under the covers! Sounds like the fun workout – let me know what you think about the iCycle Sprints workout.

Lorie – I like your concept of the Hidey Hole! I’ll be right there – can I bring Russell Crowe? :+ I know what you mean about working out later and falling asleep. I do so much better if I workout earlier in the day. But good job on the run!

Lori – Hope your computer issues are resolved soon! I love cardio. I love the feeling it gives me. I like lifting, too, but I get tired of it more quickly. I think you should get some shut eye, then go enjoy your time with your son. But – do what works for you!

Wendi – thanks for letting me know about your barn! I’m happy about the leases! That’s great! Sorry for the delay in payment, though. Ouch! Do you have issues with clients understanding that certain horses aren’t suited for certain people? A very spirited mare for a child does not sound like a good mix! :O

Shelly – Enjoy your rest day! Glad your ankle is feeling better and did not bother you much! I go through phases where all I want to do is one thing, then I get bored with it. I’ll pick up Spinervals again. I enjoyed my ride yesterday. I cannot wait to get my new workouts! They sound so fun.

Kristi – Sounds like a tough workout yesterday – but fun! Enjoy PUB!

Well, I’d better review my workouts to see which I want to do. Enjoy your day everyone!!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy..I have the Space Saver EXT from Nordic track, it folds up well so it does not take up too much room. It was not real expensive about $800. But I think the best brand is a Precor. Sometimes you can find sales on these EXT's. For me personally I feel the EXT is much better than a TM. Good job with 4DSKB, funny I was in a non cardio mood yesterday.

Lorie...funny about the hidey hole, they could come in handy!! Enjoy your upper body workout today.

Wendi...toe DOMS?...:)...hope you can get in a decent run today. I think unloading hay cold be quite a workout.

Shelly...glad to hear your ankle is better. Yep, LV is getting closer all the time...:)

Lori...sorry about the internet issues. So glad to hear DS is adjusting well to you working.

Christine...I think I had some of your non motivation yesterday, I did Slo-mo legs but just did NOT feel like cardio! Congrats on ordering Amy's KB and HSC...fun workouts help with motivation I think. What a cute story about Kimo...:)..Sadie loves to chase squirrels and gets way close before the jump over the fence! So which circuit did you decide on?

Kristi...Good job on 5 miles with 3 miles of HIIT last night. Enjoy PUB today.

Sunny..Glad you gave 4DSBC cardio a whirl. I might be the only one that does not love it! Have fun with 4DSKB legs and core.

Today will be Slo-mo C&B, abs and a 4 mile run.

Have a great day...:)

Carole - I'm feeling better today, thankfully! Kimo used to live to chase squirrels but old age is catching up to her, the poor girl. Of course after her short sprint out the back door, she took a 2 hour nap. :+ Enjoy Slo-mo C&B and your run!

I ended up doing Amy's A-Team BootCamp. I have never done it (although I've had it for over a year) because I previewed it and thought the cardio would kill me. Well, the cardio did NOT kill me, and while it was tough, it was not too bad. Fun little workout, actually. Lot's of equipment, but as I have a good portion of a 2 car garage, I had the room. I'll definitely do that one again. Does she have a new bootcamp out?

Hey Cheetahs-

Cathy-
I do have the Precor EFX 5.23 . Precor is actually the only brand of elliptical that gives you a 'true elliptical motion.' They own the patent. However, I believe that many other machines do give a similar motion that mimics running without impact. I am partial to the Precor because it has variations in resistance and slope. (you can hill train with it) It also has a polar HRM with it a digital read out. ( This comes into play with those cardio coach workouts) I would say decide what features are important to you and find one in your price range. Don't ditch the TM if you have it. It may still provide you with variety and a good run when it is dark out! iTread has helped nurture my return to the TM once per week.

Shelly- I did a tiny bit of shopping: some gift cards, and a beautiful multiple strand fresh water pearl necklace for D MIL. Then I spent some time information gathering. DD wants a season's pass or lift ticket package to the local ski mountain. I wish I knew if we are getting enough snow this year to make it a good deal. Youngest DS wants skis, and we are on the fence about this. They are expensive, and with the hockey commitment we don't want him injured. But we don't want to limit his free time either. What to do?

Christine- I'm sure with a few good days of extra water and healthy food choices you will be less sluggish. How did you like the new workout? Yes, we do reserve the right to change our workouts to fit our moods!

Lorie- Hang in there we are fine with anything you add. Your OAL description is right on. Give my OAL friends a cyber hug will ya? I seem to be only able to get on one or two posts per day.
Hi Sunny, Wendy , Wendi , Lori, Susan, Kristi and Carole :)

This morning I did iSprint #20 treadmill sections only. Those were great sprint intervals and I felt good. Knowing up front that I was doing 4 miles maximum really had a positive effect on my performance during the whole run!

I do however have glute DOMS from B&G standing yesterday!

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Hi Cheetahs!

I made it home last night. I'm playing catch up at work. I wanted to pop in and say hello to my friends though. I got in a few workouts. There was a spin bike at the resort but because it was outside in the humidity it didn't work as well as it should have. I could only go forward on it and no coming out of the saddle. I got in a 5 mile walk and a 2 mile run and some weights. Vacation was ok. I was expecting the island to be prettier than it was. I didn't like Trinidad at all. Tobago was much better. I enjoyed laying around the pool and the beach. The food was good. I'm glad to be home.

I got in an easy 30 minute run this morning and did Amy Bento's Slo Mo in a hurry 30 minute upper body premix. Really like this workout.

I will try to catch up with all the happenings later. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day.

Jackie

Judy - So far I've been really good. I'm feeling better, so I think eating better will be easier. I think my body wanted a break from heavy lifting. Yeah, I enjoyed A-Team BootCamp. I liked the different moves. But I do need a bigger stability ball if I'm going to make a habit of it - she does bouncing squats, and my ball is just a smidgeon too low.

Jackie - WELCOME BACK!! Sounds like a nice time - I've always wanted to visit more spots in the Carribean.

Oh man, DH is going to KILL me - I just ordered All Pump Extreme, too. So I have KBX, HSC and now this one all coming to me. Please tell me I made the right decision. And I'm hearing that Amy is making a Kettleball workout in December - I can just imagine trying to justify to DH why I need kettleballs when I have all of those weights! Oh well... Carole - do you like All Pump Extreme?

Hello Cheetahs!

Just popping in to say hello to you all!

I have been on a Leslie Sansone kick lately. I am up at 4:30AM every morning doing DVD's, and on easy days I love to pop Leslie in. She is great! :)

I am still a faithful Cathe Lover though!

Take care all!

Amy :)

Jackie - WELCOME home! I wish your vacation had been better, but it sounds like you still had a good time. Laying around the pool and beach sounds heavenly.

Wendy - Where are you today?

Hi Amy!

Hey Cheetahs,
Just a quick check-in so you know I am still here. I have the kids all week in the afternoon. They have 4 half days and Friday off and then they are off for 10 DAYS!!!!!! I will be a bit of a grumpy pants, but hopefully the workouts will help;-)

I did the scarmbled cardio from drill max today. Ladies, it is 30 minutes, not including the warm-up of non stop drills. My heartarte was up the whole time and I burned a good 300 calories. It was a nice little cardio session and then I did 4DS shoulders. It was a very good workout.

Okay, I just ate 3 little Mr. Goodbars}( They are pretty yummy, but still not as good as the good ole snickers;-)

Well, I have to pick up the kids now. Have a great day friends!

Susan

*yawn, stretch, grumble*

I just woke up a few minute ago from a 2 hour nap. I am now drinking coffee trying to become human. I had another bad night last night only MUCH worse then the night prior. I went to bed at 9:30 and didn't fall asleep with the exception of a few tiny cat naps until after 3am!!!! I was like the walking dead before! I feel better now but have that "first thing in the morning" grog to shake off still.

Needless to say, I haven't worked out yet and am quickly running out of time for it. I was going to give the bosu a shot today but there is no time for playin' around with new toys at this point. I think a short and sweet upper or lower body work out is an order.

Once again, no personals. x(
Hope to be back later to catch up though!

My work out is done!

Here's what I did using the purple dynaband (yeowch!):

GSBS&B:

warm up
*reverse grip chin ups
tback squeeze
*wide fly pull ups
modified back extensions
*o/h close grip chin ups
back side rotations
band lateral raise
band front raise
band reverse flys
*2 sets bicep curls with tubing

GSC&T:

push-ups
dips
band xbody extensions
band kick backs
stretch

*exercises I added in myself

This took me less then 45 minutes from w/u to stretch and was incredibly effective! That purple band means business baby! }(

GTG for now but hope to be back in a bit!:)

Hey, cheetahs!

Just got home and am taking a mental break before I dive back into the grading. I absolutely need to get this knocked out by tomorrow afternoon, so I may just pin the ears back and plow through as much as I can. I might be opting for another rest day. But sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Sunny :: I agree ~ I really feel BC in the legs. I thought I’d have DOMS the next day but didn’t. Still a great burn, though. I am also bummed about dark mornings and dark evenings.

Judy :: thanks for the info on Precor…I have read that it is top-of-the-line, but in all likelihood, it is beyond my budget. I really do not get the use out of my TM, so keeping it in storage temporarily it would be not be missed.

Lorie :: I think the HH is hilarious…I’ll come join you…along with Hugh Jackman and a huge slice of pumpkin cheesecake. Just because. No one should be in the hole alone.

Lori :: did you opt for a workout or shuteye?

Wendi :: hope you had a great w/out…Toe DOMS? Now that is something new! :7 Thanks re: the loss.

Shelly :: I think I am back in the swing of things for the most part, but oddly enough, I had some mild vertigo for a few days, so it made me feel like I was still sailing. :7 Glad your ankle is on the mend…I am with you – have never been tempted to buy the Bosu. But guess what? I picked one up on the way home today. After reading an article in a ski magazine about how great that kind of core training is for your skiing, I thought I’d give it a whirl. Was tough parting with $99 for it, though. But the guy at Target told me to return it within 90 days if I don’t like it, so we’ll see.

Kristi :: I still don’t know who was sent home…don’t mind if you tell me. :)

Christine :: I love, love, love HSC! Good buy! Nothing like a little retail therapy to put you back “in sorts.” :7 Hope you enjoyed today’s circuit.

Carole :: I’ve checked out the Nordic Spacesaver…it looks good…maybe I’ll find a Black Friday bargain!!…hope you enjoyed your workout.

Jackie :: welcome back! We missed you. Glad you were able to relax and still get in some workouts, too. Would love to see any pics you can share.

Susan :: wow, that’s right! I remember your kids get longer breaks within the school year…thanks for the info on the scrambled cardio from DM…don’t think I’ve ever tried that one. I just joined you by eating 3 mini Snickers. }(

Wendy :: sorry about the bad night’s sleep…hey, I bought a Bosu today!

Off to scare up something quick to eat and then hit the books.

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]
[font face="comic sans ms"]When I look at the smiles on all the children's faces, I just know they're about to jab me with something. http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/cartoon/homersimpson.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.