~~~ Cheetahs ~~~ Wednesday, May 16th ~~~

G'morning Cheetahs! I tossed & turned last night, I had a really bad pain in my neck/ shoulder all day y'day. I think I slept on it wrong Mon night- it was so tight & I could hardly turn my head to the right. I finally got up around 3:30 & decided to try YogaX to see if I could stretch it out. Well, I did the first 50 min & am feeling sooooo much better!!! God bless Tony!! ;-) It was a little painful at first, then I felt it pop a bit & stretch out & wow do I feel better!! Guess I should head back to bed as it's still only 4:50! ;) I'll do the rest of YogaX later.

Well, I had the most wonderful evening last night! My brother looks great! The girls were thrilled to see him & it was wonderful to have everyone together! We ate at Texas Roadhouse, we'd never eaten there before. I had the portabella chicken breast & baked sweet potato- it was delicious! I'll share some pics later! He's coming to stay w/ us Sat & Sun & he'll be getting spoiled for sure!

And... my dh did Back & Biceps at 8:30 last night!! We need to take our 30 day pics, we haven't taken them yet. I can see the changes in him for sure!!

OK, I really should head back to bed. I can still get in a couple hrs of sleep! ;-) Have a great Wednesday, Cheetahs!

Good Morning Cheetah-Babes!

Jess, I am glad that yoga cured your neck pain. I have had a bit of a stiff neck from sleeping wrong (I guess) myself. Glad to hear your brother looks good. Have fun spoiling him this weekend! Hope you were able to get some more sleep!:)

I have L&G Xtreme on tap for today! I am DREADING it!:eek: I don't know what to expect so ofcourse I am envisioning the worst! LOL }(

DH, DS and I had such a nice evening y'day. I packed us all dinner consisting of Birthday party leftovers (sandwiches, chicken, pasta salad, fruit salad, potato salad) and we headed off to the park. We at dinner at a picnic table and then played on the jungle gyms for about an hour. Joey had a blast! So did mom and dad. ;) The weather was PERFECT!

Well, I have to work this morning so I don't have tons of time to blab...I'll be back later!:+

Hey...I'm back real quick to catch up on last night's personals...

Susan, How was your daughter's concert last night? My prayers are with your friend Mary. What's on tap for a work out today?

Linda, So are you going to join me in doing L&G Xtreme today? }( ;)

Kristi, I forgot that you work f/t. You will probably be OKAY sending DS off to school then UNLESS the fact that he's growing up is what gets to you!:+

Cathy, I hope you are feeling a bit better this morning.

Jackie, The way Tony cranks out those chin ups leaves me in awe!... Also in love! :+ ;) :p }(

Happy Wednesday Cheetah Babes~

~Cathy~ Are ou feeling any beter today? There seems to be a great number of kids in school around here with viruses thatreally exhaust a body. I 've been trying to keep DD Nina helathy because she has 2 AP exams this week, English (today) and world History (tomorrow)

~Wendy~ I've never even tried a chi up or pull up. I'm sure I can't even do one!

~Susan~ It is a sobering reminder ( when someone close to us is suffering) for us to live in the moment and let the little stuff go.

~Kristi~ Kindergarten for your oldest! Yes you will be traumatized! But then you might even like the idea...as time goes on.

Since I got rained out of golf yesterday, I came home and did chores and the sun came out long enough for me to get in a 5 mile run. It was supposed to be 2 miles, but with the first run of the week being cut short, I thought I might benefit from a longer run. Today will be a cardio either EXT or a Cathe and some legs and abs.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.smileyhut.com/silly/arrowhead.gif

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

Hey guys! Happy Wednesday!!!

Wendy-the park sounds WONDERFUL and heavenly. LOVE those moments!

Judy-nice 5 miler!!!!

Jess-sorry about the neck pain, but glad that Tony helped! He's a sweety! LOL I can't wait to see picks of your DB. Is he headed back to duty???? My DFiance is Army National Guard and the word is that they're being deployed for bridges and tunnels....makes you wonder what the public doesn't know!!!

OK....after a bad sleeping night because of the cat, I was up at 5:40 for Cardio Kicks with weighted gloves. I'll be feeling the lats and shoulders tomorrow, that's for sure. Legs are still sporting some DOMS from S&H Monday, and I have that on tap for tomorrow again.

Today's plan is quiet. DS and I go clean at my friend's house this afternoon. Then we've got baseball at 3:30 and 6pm. They're calling for severe T-storms, so we'll see what gets rained out.

BBL

Gayle

Good morning, cheetahs~

I am home today (have a 10:30 doc appt.) but feel better at least than I did yesterday. I sweated it out all night (had to change in the middle of the night) and the fever’s finally gone. Sheesh! And here, I thought I nipped this one early.

Now let me get caught up with personals…

Sunny ::: hope you had a good w/out – that sounds like a leg fryer you had planned.

Wendy ::: yeah, I couldn’t resist breakin’ out a new Cathe workout!!! LL is nuts! I was drippin’…I haven’t done that premix, so I’ll be curious to hear what you have to say. You are the one who turned me on to the B&G Leg Blast, which I love/hate!

Shelly ::: glad the shoulder’s on the mend…you really do have some serious hazards on the job. I didn’t realize you worked with sometimes-combative patients…yes, LL is intense!!!

Gayle ::: sorry you’re under the weather, too…hope the chest congestion clears! Good idea to take it to the treadmill.

Carole ::: LL packs a helluva leg workout into a short amount of time! I have a little DOMS in my glutes…Hope DH is in the clear now, too, with his stomach. Let us know how that leg strategy works.

Kristi ::: sounds like a good training plan. I think my body likes two rest days, too…I’m glad the vertigo is almost gone.

Jackie::: yes, I surprised myself by getting in a w/out Monday night… I felt pretty miserable during the day, and then I don’t know what happ’d…I read about all the cheetah workouts, I had the new CTX staring at me, and then I talked to one of my girlfriends who mentioned getting in a late workout, so I just snapped and figured I’d give a try. *LOL* How was Shelly’s speed ladder this morning?

Jess ::: gorgeous new avatar! All the girls look beautiful, and I absolutely LOVE your dress (love polka dots!) and cardigan…Glad your brother’s home and you’re all enjoying your time together. When does he get to come home for good? (Soon, I hope!)

Judy ::: great to see you – no sweat on the personals – you have a lot going on!…Yes, we have had a very “sick” year this year at my school…Schools are generally breeding grounds for the germs, of course, but this year it seems worse than others. After my first year or two of teaching, my immune system did build itself up, but apparently, I’m not having much luck in recent months myself.

Linda ::: Oh, noo *LOL* - I didn’t do the entire Power Squeeze after LL – just the Buns & Thigh portion (the part up against the wall). THAT would be something Shelly would do! I’da been a puddle on the floor. As it was, it was a gooooood burn…You really are mixing it up…were you getting bored w/ your workouts? I may have missed that. I know you tabled the X for now.

Susan ::: I think I gave away my C&W to a friend before I ever did it – I don’t know what I was thinking! *LOL* …I’m glad that your friend has the fighting spirit and you alongside her.

Where is Christine?

OK, I'll pop in again later. Will be mostly resting but will also try to do some grading.

Have a great day, everyone!
Cathy :)

Good morning cheetahs and happy hump day! I'm finishing up a fairly nice quiet night at work:) Didn't have to wrestle with any out of control patients tonight:) Unfortunately, this happens alot more than people think, especially in critical care. Ah well, on to happier topics.... I'm going to have 6 nights off after this:7 :7
I got in a pretty good tempo run yesterday so no running today :(

Cathy- poor baby!!! At least your fever is gone and I'm glad you're seeing your doc today- I hope you post an update later on how you're doing...... we care!!!!!!

Gayle- How's the chest congestion today? I guess it's better since you got in a pretty good workout with CK. Sorry you're sleep got disrupted by a overly frisky kitty.

Carole- Sounds like you're really going for a concentrated routine on the legs. Are you just going to do your own routines or use dvd workouts in parts? I'll be interested in what results you get from this approach.

Jackie- Have a great time with the speed ladder today }( }( With so many speed changes the time goes fast and it makes it alot more interesting.

Kristi- Wow, I am impressed with your determination girl!!! Sounds like you have a very smart training plan and I bet you'll be seeing some impressive improvements in your speed.

Judy- Sounds like you had a nice fun trip but that sure was an expensive run at the hotel health club:eek: Great to be hearing from ya!!!

Jess- Wow, you are up early:eek: :eek: It must be the excitement over seeing your brother again!!! I look forward to seeing the pics.
PlyoX twice? Oooooh, my kind of workout!! }(

Linda- I'm glad to hear the evening workouts are working for ya.
I love Tracey's Cardio Sweatfest, so I may give the Step SF a try.

Wendy- I wouldn't fret much over the L&G extreme. Don't get me wrong, it is a nice challenging workout but definitely one you can handle!!

For today it'll be a nice upperbody workout when I wake from my nap,
something like PP UB x 2, but I may change my mind and later an hour on the EXT :7

Later y'all

ShellyC

Hey, Shelly & Cathy!

My chest congestion is now pretty much gone. Still some yucky stuff in my throat, but nothing that Cardio Kicks didn't knock out of me! LOL

Gayle

Good morning!

Cathy - LOL....yeah...that would have been a tough one! Those up against the wall are awesome, aren't they? I sure hope you feel better soon! I guess I was just burnt out and exhausted from everything. I don't really know why. So..I just started doing what I felt like at the moment for a while. And even started working out at night.

Gayle - Enjoy your ballgames! Sounds like fun! We are supposed to get rain here today, but no storms. I love thunderstorms, so I kind of wish we would get some!

Judy - Sorry about the golf getting rained out! Good job on the run!

Wendy - I guess I'll have to pass on the L&GXtreme tonight....cause I did B&Gs standing last night. Awww shucks! ;-) Just kidding! Wish I would have remembered it last night! Let me know what ya think of it! THe picnic sounds awesome and relaxing!

Jess - I am glad your neck/shoulder is doing better now! Sorry it kept you awake! I have had that happen before and it is nooo fun. I would go buy Thermacare and put it on my shoulder and neck at work. It felt great. (don't know if it should have been ice, or not...but I used heat). Anyway....maybe I should have tried the yoga! I agree...your new avatar is beautiful! Glad you had such a good visit with your brother! That is great!

Last night I ran 4.75 miles and did the standing portion of B&Gs.

Hi to everyone that follows and hope everyone is having a great day!

Linda

Shelly - 6 nights off! You lucky girl! I am glad you had a quiet night at work! Enjoy your days off and whatever workout you end up doing!

Linda

Hello cheetahs,

jess- you were up early this morning! so glad to got to see your brother:)

wendy- what a nice evening for you and your family. i just love fun family time! l& g sounds scary however if you can conquer the B & G leg blast you can handle anything...;o)

shelly- 6 nights off, lucky you!!

cathy- so happy to hear you are feeling much better. sometimes our bodies just need to rest. enjoy your workout today. i was trying to be shelly yesterday...lol

kristi- yes it's hard when the little one starts kindergarten even when you are used to dropping them at daycare. just a sign your baby is growing up...:) however like judy says after a shortwhile you will be happy about it.

gayle- glad you are feeling better.

linda- sounds like a good leg fryer like i had yesterday, lol

i am hoping to squeeze in a 30 min run today at some point not sure it will happen. i just got offered another job (lol) at the yMca, as a wellness coordinator. it's 15 hrs a week during the day so it will allow me to not have to work so many nights. which we are so very happy about. today at my normal break i am heading over to fill out the paperwork and get the drug test done. so starting next month i will am starting work at the YWCA and YMCA:)

have a great day to all:)

Good morning cheetahs

Jess...glad you worked the pain in your neck out. How nice you get some time with your brother this weekend. I am sure you will spoil him.

Jackie...no, I have not iced my glute area much. Just stretching, using the roller and tennis ball. I hope you have fun with the Garmin Saturday! ME is a fun one that I have not done in awhile.

Linda...you have gotten in some good workouts in the last few days. Glad you are feeling better. Good job with the 4.75 mile run and B&G standing.

Wendy..I never had much luck on those wide grip pull-ups either, they are always assisted. I have no idea how that guy got the pizza mixed up so bad. I mean I was the only one in the shop??? Not sure I will even go back there for quite awhile...enjoy your killer leg workout today. I forsee some DOMS...:)

Judy..sorry about the golf rain out yesterday. Good job on the 5 miles though.

Gayle...good job with Cardio Kicks and the weighted gloves. They can really add some intensity.

Cathy...Sounds like you are on the mend from the cold sweating it out last night. I bet the doctor can help some too! DH is definitely feeling better. I will let you know how the leg strategy works out.

Shelly...I bet you are looking forward to 6 nights off!!! I am doing my own leg exercises and some DVD floorwork when I get time. Enjoy your upper body workout and maybe the EXT too!

Susan...my thoughts and prayers for Mary. I know your support is very good for her.

Kristi...good job on the tempo run. I have always liked doing leg extensions and leg curls as I don't think many standing leg exercises get into those muscle as well as the extensions and curls do. But changing things up is fun too.

I am with Cathy...where is Christine?? Hope things are all right...

Today I am doing legwork (quads and hamstrings), S&H Back & Biceps, abs and a 4-5 mile run.

Have a great day...:)

Good morning ladies!

Jess - Wow, you are up early! Glad Tony could help with that neck and shoulder. Had to be painful if it woke you up. Glad you enjoyed your time with your brother. Will he have to go back?

Wendy - What does L&G Extreme consists of? Hope you survive. A picnic dinner sounds so nice. What a way to spend an evening!

Judy - Great 5 miles! Enjoy your workout today.

Gayle - Good job on CK! I like using my gloves too. Glad your congestion is gone.

Cathy - So glad you feel better today. I hope you're resting today with no workouts! Loved Shelly's speed ladder. It was much easier than the tempo run.

Shelly - What will you do with yourself with 6 nights off? LOL! Enjoy the time off. The speed ladder was fun. I like the 2 minute breaks. I don't feel so beat up that I need a nap. This one is definitely a keeper. Have a good workout!

Linda - Glad to see the running is going better for you. What's on tap for today?

Sunny - Congratulations on the new job offer!! It's nice to be in demand.

Carole - Another killer workout for you today! Enjoy!

I did Shelly's speed ladder this morning. Got in 8.1 miles. I did it twice for 6 miles. On mile 7 & 8, I threw in some hill work and ran at my 10K speed. Did Great Body Guaranteed stretch. Will use the foam roller when I get home.

Happy Hump Day!

Jackie

Hello again~
Just finished up a rubric I’ll need for school tomorrow and am about to get ready for my appt.

Shelly :: WOO-HOO! Six nights off is sweet! And after the other night’s tussle, you certainly deserve the break. I feel good enough that I was tempted to cancel the appointment, but I will go, anyway. I do think the bug is now on its way out.

Gayle :: that’s funny – I got sick Friday night and worked out Sat, Sun, and Monday, and each time, I felt that the workouts made me feel better. I am treating my sinuses to some chips and salsa right now :)

Linda :: oh, yes…those moves against the wall are great…I wish the DVD was chaptered a little better, so that there was a true mix & match menu, but overall, it’s a winner!! Glad the change-up seems to have done the trick.

Sunny :: more great news on the workfront! That’s terrific. Hope you can squeeze in the run.

Carole :: *lol* about the pizza shop…you were the only one in there and they STILL screwed up?…Yeah, I don’t blame you – I wouldn’t be going back anytime soon, either (probably never)…I’ll be very curious to see what the doc says…I started the penicillin Saturday night and have not missed any dosages, so I don’t understand why things got worse.

Jackie :: I am *really* tempted to try CST today…I’m feeling like I can handle it…That speed ladder does sound like an awesome (and tough!) workout.

OK, off to the doc.

carole- are you doing your own legs workout? or using a dvd?

jackie- that ladder sounds tough.

cathy-yes, things are looking better. just struggling to get my own personal clients but i guess that will come in time. you can handle cst today, go for it! hope all goes well with the doc.

where's christine and marcia???

L&G Xtreme is DONE! Looooong work out!

Warm up
Standing Legs x 2
Ankle weight work x 2
Floor work once
Stretch

Xtreme is tough but quite doable with the exception of it's length. I think that the B&G Leg Blast Premix is more intense though.

I'll be back! :)

Hey all -

I'm here - just having some issues with my DH, so I've been feeling anti-social. I think he gets MPS (male pout syndrome) every 2-3 months. Drives me batty.

All is well and I'm keeping up with y'all. Jimmy is as sweet as ever and I'm still working out. Did CC Choose Living yesterday - talk about a workout that helps one crawl out of depression! How dare I be depressed when there are others so far worse off than I am who have not lost faith? Amazing.

Hi cheetahs-

Just checking in real quick to say I did CST plus ME's abs. I kept up w/ the weights but did almost all the pushups on my knees. Didn't want to push too hard but am glad I got it in.

Went back to the doc...it's now in the sinuses and chest and he's giving me a stronger antibiotic to knock it out.

Sunny :: good point - Marcia hasn't been around much lately, either. I know she was having some health issues - hope she's OK.

Christine :: thanks for checking in w/ us...Ha - MPS - don't they all get that any time they don't get their way?? Hope he snaps out of it soon.

Wendy :: thanks for the info on L&G Extreme. How long was it?

~Cathy :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.