::: CHEETAHS ::: Tuesday

Hi Girls.

I'm back from the doc with bad news and good news. The bad news is that Joey has pheumonia. The good news is that it's just the beginning so since it was caught early it's not SERIOUS and should be easy to get rid of. Since he is running a fever today, I can't bring him into work tmrw so I can't go in. I'll have to make some calls tonight to see if I can find coverage...oh joy. LOL

Carole: Oh yeah, X DOMS is in full swing in the rear right now!!! LOL I don't know what possessed me to try HIS again but the first 2 combos aren't bad. It's the blasts and combo 3 that elude me!:eek: I got your Christmas card today. Very sweet note inside..:)

Christine: Switching from strength to endurance work outs can be tough. Good job w/LL!

Sunny: Good work out girl!

Okay Cheetahs, round 2 of Christmas cards is FINALLY out in the mail so I hope y'all get them before Christmas Day!:p

That's all for now...BBIAB!:)

Hiya Cheetahs!

This week at work has been far busier than expected and last night after work DH and I went over to DSIL’s to give her a gift and a cake for her B-day, so I’m a bit behind with a few things including posting here! You all are in my thoughts though every day! Ended up shopping til’ we dropped with DS on Sunday. We had a fun day and we found a beautiful garnet pendant for his girlfriend and I bought her a very cute, very half priced Hurley sweater/pullover. Still a bit more shopping to do and I’ll be baking every night this week when I get home from work. Now if I can NOT sample the baked goods then I’ll be successful in round one of damage control! LOL. You know, I *accidentally overheard DS and the Elves chatting it up with Santa and it appears the extra baggage on my fat a$$ is in for a wake-up call come January because I thinks I’m getting the whole set of the Body For Life stuff…yes, the book, cookbook, and journal…hee hee…my son is terrible at hiding stuff! LOL. ..Oh, and I downloaded Itread 13, 30 minute sprints and WOAH Nellie, this one nearly threw me off the back of the dreadmill!...lol

Cathy – Have a nice dinner – good you got your EXT in early. I need to get back into the habit of morning workouts because it just seems to make the day at work go by better and I like the feeling of having my evening free to do other stuff. By the way, you had me LMAO the other night/morning when you couldn’t sleep and I couldn’t go to bed! LOL…funny stuff…

Shelly – Yeah, I am seriously eyeballing that SLC half – that is if we can get the leash issue sorted out…LOL. Training for a half is so much easier than the full. I stumbled across my assorted race numbers the other day and was again admiring the one where I had run 9minute miles on a very hilly 5 mile course and another 12K I ran at 9:36 min miles, awe, those were the days…I went ahead and kept out those particular bibs to put up with my medals to inspire me to get back into shape to run well again…now all I need is a photo of YOU next to Grace and Cathe and heck, I’ll be whipped into Shelly’s slow 9 min miles in no time! LOL

Judy – Awe, I hope you feel better soon! I have been fighting off a sore throat – headachey feeling for a few days and I have been mixing up an airborne cocktail everyday to help move the bugs along….SO sweet about your stray cat and the other kitties….nice of you to take of him too.

Wendi – Hey, cool! You’re going to love the iTreads at the gym! <-----(sublimal enabling) Good thing the place is clean and I’ve found in the past the gym is best to visit in the wee hours. What is the name of the half marathon you are training for?

Christine – Are you considering the SLC half? LOL. Have fun finding a parking spot at Macy’s! Wow, when I was in San Jose for the half, we went to that mall and drove around for what seemed like days trying to find a place to hitch the horses. I would imagine the week before Christmas is pretty bad. Of course, our huge mall down in Roseville is just as bad….

Wendy – Awe, I hope Joey is ok. Good idea to get him in before Christmas so if he does need any prescription remedies, he’ll feel better by then. Your workouts are as killer as Shelly’s! Do you have a pull up bar that fits in a doorway???

Carole – The wind and rain runs are actually kind of fun – when you finish! LOL. My DH used to shake his head at me and my friend when we would come in from a rainy/wind run. One time DH got worried about us being out running and the rain turned to a massive downpour – we then spotted him driving down the road to see if we needed a ride back in.....That time we took him up on the offer since we were more worried about cars running us over than drowning…

Kristi – Yay! I love the last day of work before a break! Have fun cleaning and please do tell all about your workouts for the BOSU – mine will be very interested in your review! I hope your neighbor is going to be alright. It was very nice of you to take in her son. I would do the same – poor kid - it must be so upsetting for them to see a parent get taken in an ambulance…

Jackie – I need to learn how to do a pull up! I hope you can get some rest. I hate when I can’t sleep and then don’t want to get up…grrr – drives me crazy sometimes.

Susan – Your posts always make me hungry! Cookies…Chevy’s….YUM! Have fun at lunch and please have a wonderful time in Chicago with your family – I know we’ll all be thinking of you, sweetie, and your dad....…

Ok, hope that’s everyone…. Hope all is well with Lorie and Lori and Sunny…

Will check in later…Thomasina

WENDY! SO sorry about Joey. I'm glad you got him in before it got worse. GIve that lil' guy lots of hugs ....

Take Care...

Thomasina

Sunny - Great job!

Wendy - oh my! How scary! I'm so glad you caught it early! Joey will be in my prayers for a speedy recovery!

Thomasina - as always you have me laughing! I did itread 13 sprints - I know exactly what you mean! You're hysterical! Nah, I'm not going to run the SLC half or whole - I'm running the 10.6 miler in Big Sur the weekend afterwards. That would be too much. :p

Why oh why do I let my coworkers talk me into bad food? I let them talk me into ordering a chicken cheesesteak and fries. ICK! It was not even that tasty. Now I feel icky and bloated. I was enjoying the extra energy I've had from the last 3 days of eating well. Oh well - this too shall pass, and tomorrow is another - oh crap - potluck... Well, I'm bringing chicken and I hope someone is bringing a salad. I'll find something... I do NOT want to feel like this again until Christmas Dinner!

Hey everyone!

Cathy – Well, I am curious…. Did you enjoy your “toga” ;) Ooops! My bad! Sorry ‘bout that! My fingers didn't cooperate! Good job on the EXT! Enjoy your dinner!

Shelly – That sounds like an interesting marathon to run! I’ll bet it will be really scenic! Enjoy your “day off” with the core work and stretch!

Judy – When I went to work I checked to see if mine was the January issue. It was. I know what you mean about not knowing what program to do! I would like to go longer distances (injury free). Hope you feel better!
I had forgotten about BC having those good KB sections until you mentioned it!

Wendi – The gym sounds nice! At least next time, you will know how to do the treadmill settings. Glad you enjoyed your rest day yesterday!
It is very understandable if you don’t make it here much this week! We understand! It will be tough for me, too! Busy, busy time of year!

Christine – Glad you enjoyed the KB and LL! I’ll bet LL was tough after doing the slower reps workouts! I have been letting people talk me into bad food, too! Lots of it! And I feel so yucky! Can’t wait to get back to normal!

Wendy – Oh my goodness! Poor Joey! I am so glad that you trusted your instincts and went back to the doctor! Hope he gets better soon! I really liked the double step of 4DS, too! It may feel more intense for you next time when you are more familiar! Glad the headache flew the coop!

Kristi – My goodness! I hope your friend is okay! Keep us posted!

Carole – Good job on the run! Glad the hip/thigh didn’t act up too bad! I love to be able to shop when it is not crazy crowded!

Jackie – Oh my gosh! You sound exactly like what has been happening to me! I have been waking up around that time the past few nights! I am getting sooo tired! And my hip is bothering me at night, too. I am sorry you are having that trouble! If you find a solution…let me know!! LOL…I’ll bet Rich is just wanting more camera time! ;) Sleep well tonight!

Susan – enjoy your elliptical and abs! Ooo! Did you shake your present?

Sunny – Waving “Hey there!” Good job on your iClimb!

This morning I did SloMo BT&C, ran 5 miles on the TM and did the last ½ of Tracey’s Core workout.

Hope everyone has a good evening! Hi to anyone I may have missed!

Good Evening-

Wendy- I am sorry about little Joey! Your mother's intuition was right to have him evaluated again! Good effort on the LIS/HIS premix. I watched it while I was on the TM for my steady paced run last week. It is a mental challenge.

Carole- Thank you for sweet the card. It came today :)

Linda- You had a big calorie burn today!

Christine- Those food temptations are sabotage this time of year I swear! DH is bringing home a gift from work every day and most of them are sweets. (We did get a great gift basket from an Italian import store and it had the absolute best balsamic vinegar I have ever tasted. It was almost syrupy. And it made an unusually tasty salad dressing. (But I still ate too many sweets, and DH likes to leave them out because "they are gifts" grrrrrrr)

Well, I'm going to get cozy in a bit and curl up with a book.

TTFN

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

I got one of my male coworkers to agree to go to Weight Watcher’s meetings with me once a week! We’ll start in January. I just want to knock off about 30 pounds and I’ll be happy (and my achilles probably will be too!).

Linda – Oh, I’m with you! I get to the point by the end of December that I’m so ready to eat well. It’s funny how obvious it is to me when I eat poorly. I have no energy. Last night I was bouncing off walls! Of course, I ate perfectly yesterday! Sounds like you got in a great workout!

Judy – I’m in the same boat. DH came home tonight and plopped yet another gift basket on the table. This one doesn’t have any great Balsamic Vinegar either! That sounds very good! I love vinegar on salads. And if it’s there, I’m going to eat it. I’m bummed about the potluck tomorrow! Fortunately there is a lot of veggies and salads. I hope I can be content with those!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.