*CHEETAHS* Tuesday 2/3

JAFitMama

Cathlete
Hey there Cheetahs-

My posting here has has been spotty. I got up early to enjoy some quiet computer and coffee time and when I checked my e mail I got some disturbing news. My best friends brother, age 45, suffered a cardiac arrest after doing his morning swim. He was revived with CPR and an AED . He is in cardiac Intensive care right now (but not at DH's hospital) There is more to it but I cannot post here.

Brighton- I have been reading about your injury and have you in my thoughts. It sure seems like you are doing every thing right to heal.

Jackie- that was some weight you managed with the vest and the BB

Wendy- GS always fry my UB as I tend to go as heavy as possible too.

Hi Laura! I am glad the Garmin is working out. I missed the 26.2 irony. (?)

I have chest DOMS today from 1RM testing and I think I have to retest for some exercises because I read that if you get anywhere 20 reps, the weight was too light an is inaccurate.

Last edited:
Morning Girls.

Judy: (((hugs))) So sorry to hear about your BF's DH. I surely hope he will be OKAY! :( So let me ask you, what happens when you "fail" during a 1RM squat test? You can't get back up to standing so you drop the weight to the floor from the squat position or do ya just fall on the floor with weights and all!? :eek::D;):p

Today's work out is a 3-4 mile run and Squeeze. I may do B&G Leg Blast again instead. Not sure yet.

Strangely, my upper body and abs are not feeling it from y'day's work out. It's still early though and there is also tmrw!:eek:

I had a horrid night's sleep. NIGHTMARES all night. ACK. :( I also have an achey back. I am sure that is from sleeping in a bad position because it started hurting over night and there is no other reason it should bother me....

I got caught up with personals last night so I'm outta here for now but I'll be back! :cool:

Today was the Cardio premix from LIC, plus the abs section. So, so easy with all my running, but that wasn't true before. It was a nice, low-impact way to get some cardio in. "Come on legs! Just 3 more weeks and I'll give you a break!" :D

Judy, I posted a story, I think it was Saturday, about how our back up energy system comes to rest on the display "26.2" volts. We decided it was a sign that I am truly meant to be a Cheetah. :p

Sorry, Wendy that you're stuck with us "newbies" as check-in partners. :( I'm sure the long-termers will be back soon! ;)

Brighton--Sorry, sorry, sorry. I'm plodding along with you, though apparently making faster progress. I do plan to take a whole couple weeks off after the 1/2 from running and then come back with distances < or = 6 miles.

Laura: I am only sad that the check-in has become so small. Newbies, old-timers makes no difference to me! I love all my Cheetah pals! :D

I opted out of my run today after all. I'll do it later in the week. I decided to do CLX Burn it Off instead since it's on tap for this week anyway. It was fantastic! I just had a snack and will do some laundry/cleaning before finishing up the rest of my work out for the day.

BBL!

Good morning, Cheetahs! :)

After the ice & stretching I'm feeling a bit better this morning, but I can tell the ITB is still a little wonky. So I'm planning on taking a rest from working out today and will just do the roller/ice/stretching. Tomorrow I hope to get do a CC workout on the EXT. I'm hopeful if I can keep up my cardio level that I won't be too far behind when this bugger finally heals. :rolleyes::cool::rolleyes:

(((Judy))):
Oh, I am so sorry to hear about your friend's brother! :( He's so young! I hope he will be okay, that is so scary! Keeping you (& your friend's family) in my thoughts. (((HUGS))) Thanks for making me feel confident about my rehabilitation activities!!!

Wendy: Yes, injuries are incredibly aggravating. I had an entire week off from all activity last week! That fall on the ice just must have made things worse, I guess. :confused::mad::rolleyes: Weird, I had nightmares last night too... and woke up with a really achy neck! Hope your back feels better as the day goes on.

Laura: I love LIC. That's a fun one. I am so glad that you are making progress with the ITB, and I'm sure I'll be right behind you soon... I have until 3/21 for our half... and I've made peace with the whole situation, so if I have to drop to the 5 miler race instead, that's just what I'll have to do. (I'll be jealous of DH & my friend doing the full half, but I'm sure I'll survive.) It's just incredibly frustrating when you feel like you're taking one step forward, then two steps back. :rolleyes:

Hi to the rest of the den!
5.gif

My work out is done. I ended up throwing in GS Legs floor work before doing Squeeze. Um...yeah...THAT FREAKIN' HURT!!!!! :p:eek::D

Thank goodness that work out is over! LOL

Just finished up my lunch. Gotta grab a shower.

I'll pop back in later to catch up on personals!

Toodles!:)

Wendy: GS floor work, then Squeeze!!!! Feeling a little masochistic today, were we??? :eek::D;):p Holy Toledo!
2.gif
I salute you! :D

Brighton: I think I had a death-wish today! :eek::D You are the third person including myself on the Cathe forums who said they had nightmares last night and someone else had them the night before! What's goin' on here!? :eek: Sending out good vibes for a successful EXT session tmrw!!!!!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.