::: CHEETAHS ::: Tues., 12/19

OH Elaine- This can be a good place to visit to distract us from our sorrows even for just a moment. ((( Hugs))) I am sorry about all you are experiencieng. Even if your runs are shorter, I hope you can do them for a small outlet to your grief.

Jes & Cathy- I am wearing pony tails all week to keep efficient!

My boys, 13 & 19 helped me return bottles and cans; then we did our huge grocery shopping trip for Christmas Eve (25-30 people) and Christmas Day (10 of us) I was glad to have them help me put it all away. We still have to oder rolls for the X-mas Eve buffet.

My workout was elliptical intervals with speed intervals added at the front end of each. And B&G I was short for time so I did 8 of the exercises, and AW ab work, I need to get in MM Back today at some point. I am dong one (UB) body part per day ths week.

Oh, we (I) made a decision. We are prchasing the Precor EFX5.23 !!! It will be delivered next week. DH is so nice to agree to it!!!

Shelly - your cats are very sweet! I just adore almost all cats. And our little Crosby seems to be getting along fine. One of our older cats is doing better than the other with him. But it is only day 3.

LD- did you get your run in? I ran with a cold this fall. It was Ok, I was just exhausted the rest of the day.

sunny- I hope that bloated feeling goes away today! I tend to slam in as much water when I get that way to flush out the bloat. It works!

Hi to Carole, Linda Barb ( if you read this) Wendy...
and welcome back Marcia!

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Linda..I love chips too, my biggest downfall. Sounds like a nice core workout.

Shelly...love the kitty pic. I have had 2 tabbys like your Rio. Enjoy PUB and the Cardio Fusion premix. Hope the bloated feeling leaves soon...

Susan...you are sweet. I just know the frustrating feeling of now working out and also that healing time is good...:)..I do wish I didn't have the chip addiction...

Elaine....sorry about the depression, I had some yesterday myself. The funeral Sat and just missing my Dad this time of year. DH & I also had a not nice day sunday with something I should never have asked...:(...don't worry, your endurance will return. I couldn't even think about running without gloves in the winter. But we are a bit colder up here than you are in your area...

Got in a few exercise from GS and a 5 mile run. I will finish up GS Legs after some shopping this afternoon.

OK, so now I *am* off to do C & T. I got a call from the school as I was getting the girls down for their naps. Hannah was in the office w/ 101.5 temp!! UGH!! Good thing the girls weren't asleep yet! So I made a call to the Dr. & am waiting to hear back from them. She was all clear in the office on Sat, no strep or ear infection but now her cough is really yucky. She said she was running hard in PE (that's my fast girl!), and then coughed so hard she almost threw up!! Yuck! So... she's at home all snuggled up w/ a blankie & movie (she will NOT take a nap anymore, but at least she'll rest!) upstairs. So now I can do my workout & hopefully the Dr's office will call back soon!!

I'm just sooo thankful that I'm still healthy & trying to stay that way! I'll update later!

I got cards from Laurie & Barb today! I just love getting *Cheetah* mail!! Soooo fun, thanks again Cathy!

Judy ~ Congrats on the kitty! My girls would be so jealous. My dh is very allergic, there's no way we could have one indoors. Our good friends have them & they just LOVE playing w/ them at their house! What a fun gift for your kids! Sounds like you'll be busy for Christmas Eve/ Christmas Day!!

WTG on the new purchase!! I'm sure you'll love it & put it to good use!! I'm the same way w/ drinking a ton of water when I feel bloated. I drink a ton anyway but a little more is always helpful!

hello ladies,

just popped in to say upperbody premix is complete! all i can say is my arms are wobbly as i am writing this. she has two upperbody premixes on this workout. one is for 80 mins and the other for 39 mins. i did the 39 min one. OMG- i can't even imagine the 80 min workout. i will get in a run later with my new runnerval workout that came in the mail today!!!!

i bought dh 2 spinerval workout dvd's for christmas...i can't wait to try them}( :p

i may have an interview tomorrow with a local gym for a personal trainer position. ladies please keep your fingers crossed for me.

also, just found out my gym is going to start having group runs next month. yippeeeeeeeeee!! just what i've been looking for. running partners. i am so excited.

elaine- sorry to hear about your feelings of sadness. it's very understandable considering everything have gone thru. i hope you feel better very soon.

judy- congrats on your elliptical. i love having one in my home.

carole- i hope you and dh have already made amends. i hate when things are amiss between dh & i.

ttyl:)

OK. I'm back for a minute. Put some bread in the oven and when I pull it out I'm going to try LIC using the lower body premix. Hope I like it.

Sunny, Yes, be sure to let us know how you like the new workout you will try today. Sorry baby is sick! I missed it, did you have to work over the weekend or were you able to be with your family?

Jess, Hopefully the IT band twinge is not a big deal.

Marcia, I believe I read somewhere the elliptical was invented by some guy who had a competive running daughter who was injured. I've used mine successfully for crosstraining while gearing up for a marathon.

Carole, I have had kettle chips but I don't like them much. Too thick and hard for my tastes. I like good old Ruffles when I am in the mood for potatoe chips, which is not often. I prefer buttery salted popcorn!

Linda, My DD wants to take dance lessons so after Christmas I will put her in a class. We tried to convince her to take lessons when she was 4 but she wanted no part of it. She is terribly shy (yet getting better) so it will be interesting to see how she does.

Wendy, I'm a medium rare steak eater. But there is only one restaraunt where I eat it because they have the best steak ever and noone even comes close to stacking up. Now that I think about it the last time I had one was my b'day last year when my brother took me out to dinner cause he knows I love the steak at the restaraunt I mention. So that's the last time I had one.

OK. The cardamom bread is done (mmmmmmmm) and I MUST go workout now. I'll be back with more personals later! :7

Hi Ladies.

You've all been busy chatting away while I was at work, food shopping and then working out! I'm jealous!:p

Well I started off my work out with PUB abs and then moved on to that blasted leg blast premix!:eek: I then did the standing portion of stretchmax #1 in an attempt to prevent the DOMS from coming on QUITE as strong...I HOPE!!!LOL And to think I still have to go to that kickboxing class tonight...YIKES!}( :7 }(

Well, I need some coffee now.:9

I'll be back for personals!:)

Shelly,
Your kitties are so cute. My cat really needs a partner. He gets so lonely and he is fed up with the guinea pigs taking over the house(LOL)! Enjoy PUB. I just feel great after that workout!

Judy, I am jealous of your precor purchase. I really like the precor EFX. It is a great bun and leg burner.

Wendy, You are the workout queen. It is a amazing how many workouts you can get in in a day. Just you wait until Joey gives up his nap, then you will become a gym rat. Have fun at your kickbox class.

Jess, someone needs to fix you a nice yummy treat and tuck you in with a good book. You deserve a BREAK!!! My gosh woman, I would be pulling my hair out by now with all the sickies in your house}( Take lots of zinc and vitamin c. I hope your little ones get better. There is only so much a mom can take:)

Elaine, I think you will like the lic lower body premix. I really like that one. It is very kind to body , but a good workout.

Sunnydelite, I will think good thoughts about tomorrow and your interview. How exciting for you!

Runnergirl, I am glad you feel better today.

I had a great pt appointment. I am making progress and hopefully within 2 -3 weeks they can start the strengthening exercises. They are still trying to get rid of the inflammation and tightness in my back. I guess it is in the L5 area of the back, if that makes any sense. I just have to stay calm and really listen to my body. I am kind of stressed about sitting on an airplane for 5 hours. That will probably kill my back. I am definitley taking my lumbar pillow.

I am off to fix mariah her lunch. She is obsessed with clam chowder soup, YUCK!

Susan

I only got GS chest work done, but at least I worked it good! I even did 20 extra pushups after I was done. I'll do tri's tomorrow. The Dr's office called & were able to squeeze us in. Greg came home a little early from work so I wouldn't have to wake the little ones.

So... Hannah has bronchitis too!! Poor kid, she was coughing up a storm & looks miserable again. I think that I'll keep them both home one more day & they should be able to go back on Thurs. That's when they have their class parties & Hannah is supposed to bring in her bday treats then. We'll make her snickerdoodles tomorrow, her request!!

Then we had to head to Wal*mart to get her meds & a few groceries. I had planned to go tomorrow, but I'm not going w/ 3 sick kiddos! We finally got back & can now relax a bit! I'm going to do some pilates & foam roller after the kiddos go to bed!

I'll post more in the AM! Good night! ;-)

Hi cheetahs-
Just finished ME…was really trudging my feet about working out after a long day, but I’m glad I did.

Wendy :: Rare?? No way! My father does that, too. I prefer my steak medium well. It is usually perfectly done at the restaurant we went to, but they were really busy last night. How was k’boxing?

Marcia :: I hope your presentation went well.

Sunny :: I do the same thing – wake up early when I don’t have to! Frustrating sometimes – like on the weekends -- when I wouldn’t mind sleeping in a bit longer. Ninety minutes of yoga is really not that bad IMO – but that’s when I’m in a class. I can see how a video might be a little boring. Hope your little one’s doing better. Good luck at tomorrow’s interview! Knock ‘em dead. Figuratively speaking, of course. :)

Jess :: I definitely do work the ponytails (a ponytail and baseball hat is very often my weekend look), but I do try to tame the mane and look professional for work. It’s not easy to get this ‘do lookin’ presentable! :) Hope the girls are on the mend & try to stay healthy!

Carole :: thanks for the chip link…I actually salivated looking at the pictures…I’m as bad as Homer Simpson…LOL. I have a Trader Joe’s near me, so I will pick up a bag next time I get over there. Yes, I’ll be in Colorado from the 25th to the 29th. Can’t wait! I’m sorry to hear you’ve been feeling down…Me, too, actually…I’m trying to snap out of it and remember all I have to be grateful for, but I think Susan is right – it can be a tough time of year. Are things better with DH?

Linda :: You really loaded up on your workout there…what is TJ CP? Turbo Jam…? I did get all of my grading done and updated into the computer (our grades our online) by the end of the school day, so I feel relieved about that. Aww! Sorry to hear about your granddaughter’s stage fright…is she sorry now that she didn’t perform?

Shelly :: how cute that your cats snuggled up like that. Bummer about only a light dusting of snow! How are you feeling? Any better? I am going to Breckenridge for the first time. Skiing is something I just took up last winter…I’m a rookie with a lot to learn, but I love it. I did invest in my own equipment – none of which is cheap. But it’s an incredible calorie burn and totally exhilarating. You sound like an adventurous cheetah…maybe you ought to give it a try sometime.

Susan :: sorry about using that word you hate…would you prefer a$$crack? *lol* J/k. I’ll try to stop saying it. There are certain words that make me cringe, too. I do have very thick, wavy/curly hair…it takes a long time to dry…and really, with the strength it takes to straighten it, I should have incredibly ripped forearms…ha. Hope your back’s feeling better today. I understand feeling neurotic about not being able to work out…When I went to Germany for a month this past summer, I was freaking out – afraid I was not going to be able to work out or run. Luckily, I managed to join a gym for a very reasonable rate while I was there, and I kept right up with everything despite being on vacation. Your situation is different, of course. Naturally, your mom is your first priority and your sciatica, too. But I think it will be good mentally to see that you can miss seven days and not lose anything. I hate long flights, too!

LD :: hope you feel better soon!!

Elaine :: (((HUGS))) I’m sorry for what you are going through right now between feeling your brother’s absence, feuding with DH, and your frustration with your running. I hope at least things are patched up with you and your other half. Just know that the cheetahs are thinking of you & wishing you strength to get through it. Thank you re my students…they are hyped but not too much so as we have assessments in my class all week. I’m keepin’ ‘em on their toes. *lol* about the cat scratch – how ridiculous!

Judy :: do you host both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day? What a lot of work! Congrats on the Precor…sounds like a great machine! Good question…where *is* Barb these days?

Have a great night, everyone!
Cathy :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.