::: CHEETAHS ::: Thurs., 11/30

Cathy: Men just suck! Who needs 'em right!:p

Judy: Hope shopping was nice. I'm doing that tomorrow with my mom!

Sunny: Your opinnion is not humble at all! It's right on track girl! Thanks for the inspiration btw...I ran 4 miles too after reading your post!:)

Carole: When I went from my pick up to a car again, it was like getting into a hole! LOL I will probably end up in a smaller SUV again when we trade in the Hyundai. My DH is pushing for it for some reason. I don't really mind so long as it's one I feel comfortable in. It can't be TOO big.

Laura: I hope you find time for that work out tonight!

Christine: You Californians are just plain evil, aren't ya!? Those poor Seattle folk! Well missy, you don't scare me! Not one tiny bit!:p :+

Shelly: I can't wait to hear what you think of the stairmill when you finally DO try it. It's a hit at my gym. I'm just too much of a spazzy dork for it!:7 When is your marathon? I can't keep up! LOL

Susan: Sorry your girls are sick. Hope they feel better fast.

Jess: I take my coffee with sweetener and I prefer half and half but will take milk if I have to. I am not a fan of black coffee at all. I can drink tea black but that's it. I am a fan of the flavored coffees as well as plain. I drink both kinds all of the time!:9 So when I am groaning tmrw over BS&B I can think of you suffering with me?}( Loved the new pics, btw!

Elaine: So when's the marathon? My best friend's sister is a kindergarten teacher. I don't know how she does it. I like kids but I think I'd go batty trying to do that job!:+

Barb: Seems the 4 miler was a popular distance today! LOL

*Dances into forum singing a happy song* YEAH!! The doctor called, the nodules are benign!! I’m lumpy and bumpy but I’m cancer free!! *does another happy dance* I want to THANK YOU for all of your support and your good thoughts and prayers! They helped so much!! Y’all are the absolute best – I hope you know that! {{{HUGS}}}

Elaine – you are too sweet! Thanks! I love that photo (it’s actually in the entry way of our house). Thanks to my sister for organizing the photo session. I’m horrible that way! Glad your DD has a wonderful kindergarten teacher. Teachers are SO important for kids. I’ll be thinking of you this weekend – even though you are refusing to tell anyone where you’re running… :+

Barb – Thanks for the information (and your support!). I’ve been drinking fortified Soy Milk, but I don’t always get two glasses – it’s nice to know that one will do the trick. That’s a load off. I’m taking Carole advice and listing my daily intake to make sure I’m getting enough various vitamins and nutrients. I can tell a difference around my middle – it’s amazing what real clean eating will do for the waist!

Jess – the garage, oh, yeah, don’t get me started on the garage. :p DH cannot stand to be indoors, so he used to hang out in the garage all the time. Just stand there and look at the mountains. Well, then we had the house wired for cable, and he had a hook up put in the garage, and well, it became a 2nd family room complete with a retractable wall. Then we had hardwood floors put in the indoor family room, so the garage became the place for my weights, and finally I just switched completely. I like having the room and all my crap handy. (Sorry you asked? :+) As for the photos – I just upload them to imageshack.us and use the “Direct Link to Photo” and paste it in the forums. No need to resize – it just accepts any size.

Wendy – I think you could beat me up with your workouts, so I’m sure I don’t scare you! :+ I think you’re doing the right thing with your workout and I wanted to run 4 miles today (I feel sooo left out!) but it was too cold, thanks to y’all stealing our weather… :p

Christine, I'm running CALIFORNIA INTERNATIONAL MARATHON IN SACRAMENTO!!!

Not sure yet how I want to approach it. Run it easy and have fun or try to kick ass (well, as much ass kicking as I am capable of anyway!:+ )

Christine -- fansastic news, Christine!! Cancer free and happy dancing and full water pressure in the shower....

about B12-- definitely keep track of that and other things, like Carole said. I drink 2 glasses of soy milk or equiv. a day, though! So I am for at least 2 servings a day of fortified food + a multivitamin and have been ok.

Cathy-- You definitely did the right thing about working out yesterday. Healing from a break-up is hard. I still have the "break-up" dress I bought after that big break up in 1988. It was very baggy so I didn't think about all the chocolate I was eating.

Jess- fun workout today. PLB floorwork is good and hard. Glad that IT band is feeling so much better. I found a "half roller" in my basement and will try that until I get the other one. I do not like leg presses but like how I feel afterwards. I dislike lunges more. I like squats best and hamstrings and floorwork better.
My 5th grader had his first day today of being a Safety at school. He was a happy camper.

Wendy--Good job on the TM run. I really struggled today with my 4 miles on the TM with Grace shouting in my ears...

Elaine--good luck on the marathon and have fun with the taper. I am so impressed and inspired that you are running another marathon. I agree about the kindergarten teachers. They are a special breed (along with Cathy).

Judy--smart to get your run out of the way before the bad weather hits. We're supposed to get ice, too, so it's probably more TM for me. It was pouring this morning here, so I was indoors and not thrilled about it. Hope shopping was fun!

Sunny -- 4 miles, too! Funny that if we get one more Cheetah to run 4 miles today, we'd have 4 cheetahs running 4miles....hey, a children's book???

Carole--I am a little less stressed today. But in sympathy with your car hassles, my "check engine" light went on. My DH is out of town, so maybe it's my car's way of saying it misses him? I like manual trans. cars, too, but have an automatic. I hope your neck doesn't keep hurting. Maybe the first few stretches in Stretch X for the neck & trap. muscles would be good in a few days??

Laura -- That's great you are getting such positive feedback about your class. It seems you have found a nitch in teaching. It's sad about the stealing issues. No easy answers.

Shelly--9 degrees in Arizona? I think your state has Michigan Envy so it's straining itself to become cold and dark and uninviting to runners! LOL. But in a few days, the weather Gods will put things back in order and I'll be running in underarmour turtlenecks and a headlamp and you'll be in shorts!!

Susan-- sorry about the sick kids. That's rough and I know what you mean about other kids being at school when they should be at home -- but they are there long enough for your kids to get nice and sick! Good job being flexible with the workout plan. Also, it's smart that you are experimenting with your cardio/strength routine to find something that will work better for you. I am doing the same right now, trying to work out of a kind of routine rut.

Have a great rest of the day Cheetahs.
And Yippeee! about Christine's tests!!
-Barb

:) :) :)

Christine,
GREAT NEWS!!!! I am so happy for you and I know you must be relieved and ready to get on with your life.

Barb, What are you doing differently to shake things up with your routine? I am always interested in what others do to get out of a rut. It is funny how just cutting down on the time of our workouts can really make a difference.

Jess, great pics of your family. I did have to bribe my 4 year old with chocolate chip cookies to go to school this morning. It worked. Heck, I would go anywhere for a cookie:) My 2 older girls slept for 2 hours. Their little bodies needed it. Now they are literally bouncing off the walls.

Well, I am off to put laundry away:(

Susan

Susan--good idea with the cookie! You gotta' do what you gotta' do with kids sometimes to keep the family train on the tracks!

So my routine change is to not do anything exercise-wise that increases my mental stress or makes me feel bored or get that drudgery feeling.

If the workout demands too much from me mentally, it's a no-go. No forcing myself to do anything. I'll keep my running steady where it is and am trying some new stuff: I've been doing JL tapes for variation, some Turbo Jam 1x/week or BM2 weights instead of my pattern or doing GS or MM this month. I also want to do some older Cathe Circuit or compound weight workouts, e.g. I did weights on C&W last week and it was a happy day.

-Barb

:)

Well, even though my legs fought me the entire time ;) , I still managed to groan through GS Legs floor work. It was tough with DOMS from y'day's work out plus the fatigue from this morning's run!:eek: }( I also did MM core work. I feel nice and beat up about now! LOL

Jess where are you from in ohio? I dont know if I asked that before.

barb,wendy and christine, yes it is nice to receive positive feedback about class. I have to teach tomorrow morning since the director called me again, saying she is sick and asked if I would sub for her. I think she hopes I will just take friday mornings over too but I really dont want to commit to two 6am classes a week through the winter time. I will dread getting out once a week this winter already. also I often do 5ks on saturdays and usually like to rest my legs on fridays before a race. unless I just tell them that I am only instructing and not actually doing any of the leg stuff if I would be doing a race the next day. I wouldnt mind doing another evening class but sometimes the morning classes not too many people show up. It does however force me to get out of bed early and workout ,no excuses.

my son ended up with strep throat. Poor thing came home and slept 7hrs straight after getting his medicine. I guess strep is going around early this year. My younger boy already had it this year. Hopefully my daughter wont get it!!(keeping fingers crossed)

well hope you all have a great night!!

Hey Laura! I'm probably a good 6 hrs from the Ohio border?? I'm not sure. I'm about an hour & a half from Indiana in central IL.

It sounds like you have a good plan for now. Fridays at 6AM is an early class!!

Sorry about your ds. I hope he feels better by tomorrow. My 2 older dd's had strep last week, poor things had bad sore throats & fevers. Once they started the meds they were feeling better pretty fast though. I hope no one else gets sick!! Thankfully my dh & I stayed healthy, I hope we can stay that way through the holidays at least!

I am soooo excited to hear your good news!!! YEAH!! LOL @ bumpy & lumpy!! And YOU are the best!!!

Funny about the garage. I always say it's my dh's territory!! He has his hunting/ camping/ fishing/ reloading stuff in there plus the bikes & all sorts of other stuff. Too much clutter, I can't handle it!! No I'm not sorry I asked, I like hearing where other people exercise!! I used to use our bedroom just for weights until I got my step. Now there's no room so I have to use the family room downstairs where there's plenty of room to jump around! (especially the hops in Drill Max!! LOL)

Have a great night, hope you are celebrating!

Hi all! I’m still doing a happy dance. DH is cooking dinner! What more could a woman ask? Wow! What a day!

Barb- You had me laughing so hard. It was a wonderful day! Tell your DH that I said thanks! He was right. And I have never been so happy to tell a man he was right! :+

Susan- that’s it exactly! I have felt I was on hold for a bit - trying to figure out what would be happening. Now I can move on. Well, if I don’t freeze first! Glad to hear your DD’s are feeling better. And I love that you used cookies as a lure for your 4 yo! I have a friend who wears a t-shirt that says: “Why are we here? What’s the meaning of life? What is my purpose? Where are the cookies?” Existentialism at it’s finest! I like your approach to your workouts, too. You’re being smart about what you need. You’re a great Cheetah role model!

Wendy - there you go again, being a Super Cheetah! I do think you could beat me up… :+ I love that feeling! I sleep so well when I feel like that.

Laura - Hope your DS feels better soon! Strep is really going around! Poor thing.

Jess - another wonderful Cheetah (we're a good group, aren't we?!) Hey we all have our unique attribute - lumpy and bumpy is me. :+

What's funny is that I collect clutter faster than my DH does. He's one of those rare men who are neat freaks without being like Felix Unger. So, he's always complaining about MY clutter. Poor guy - his "room" is the garage, but MY dog Tucker has his crate there (as does Kimo - "his" dog), MY exercise equipment is there...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.