:::CHEETAHS SUNDAY:::

Good morning chatty cheetahs! Posting later than usual this morning.
Just decided to get my workout done first before coming into the den for a chat. :) Found a pretty likely house in Pa that suits our needs so I'm thinking we will make a trip there later this coming week and I'll stop by my apt in Philly on the way back to pick up keys and do a walk thru. I did BBC legs this morning w/ cardio and hadn't turned the AC onyet so I'm still soaked! Later I'll do Shoulders/Back/cardio with the delicious Joey! :p We'll likely be entertaining MIL and FIL later too (oh joy)

Carole- We're on a canal leading out to Great Bay on the Jersey Shore ... takes about 5-10 minutes cruising at low speed to get out there with a boat so Jerry will get lots of water time. Sounds like a fun, sweaty KB mishmosh you did yest. How is the hip today? Hey, re: snoring DH... does duct tape work??? (LOL) Glad you got the skunk scent out of Sadie... I'm anticipating having to deal with those again in Pa... and I have 3 dogs... oh joy! I've actually heard about using vinegar based douche for that before.

Christine- Interesting dog training class! Does it take long to teach a dog not to lunge? Actually, none of mine have this problem, just curious. How did the endurance ride around Lake Placid go? Hey, I'd go for the Moab ride.... absolutely awesome scenery!!

Wendy- This TM thing is pure mental... gotta think of some good distractions for ya! Anyway, I like your plan of tackling this issue! A word of advice from a a 3 dog owner... get yourself a Dyson Animal Vaccuum... expensive but worth every penny... take my word!! That is a problem that your visiting dog is such a jumper... not much you can really do about it either short of being with the dogs at all times when outdoors... not very feasible. Okay, lets sign you up for WVAA... (workoutvidaddicts anonymous) LOL! I'd say it's time to clean some out you know you won't be using much or at all and sell on ebay.

Judy- I bet you do miss that pool! I was doing very sweaty gardening work alot yesterday and even as murky as this canal is I was tempted to jump in a couple of times!
I bet with your garden work yest. you lost a few pounds of sweat!

Cathy- Glad you got a well deserved sloth moment yesterday!! Jerry's boat isn't a big one at all (just 14 ft) so it's strictly for the quieter bay... but that's all he wants. OMG, my eyes crossed reading the description of the test you gave (your post to Gloria yest)!!!!!!!! No wonder you are so relieved it's over. Also totally amazed you survived that first year with your sanity intact and still wanted to teach! Congrats on getting thru a tough 10 miler!! Not easy in this sauna!! Not a fan of accelerade either. My fav is Cytomax.

Jackie- Sounds like you could use a drip watering system at your place. Congrats on finishing unpacking!!! I'm impressed, it usually takes me months. Hey, forget that pause stuff.... I'm still so very awed and jealous you can do 10 pullups!!!!! DH was disappointed yesterday..no time to get his boat, hopefully today.

Gloria- Glad to hear you got a nice long sleep... ready to take on the world again? That's so nice that you are going for walks with your principal... it will end up being invaluable time for both of you!

Dallas- Great job completing that 6 miler yesterday!! Who cares about time? I didn't know my body was cabable of producing so much sweat!!! I'm only doing BBC one time thru.. I'm afraid I have very little patience to stick with a rotation for long. I'm going to try my best tho with the upcoming STS.

I believe that about catches me up. tata

ShellyC

Happy Sunday All!

20 posts at 7:20AM PDT? Holy cow you ladies are chatty today!

Cathy – I’ll bet you’re glad the NB test is behind you now! You can relax! Glad you enjoyed some sloth mode yesterday! Great job at getting in the 10 miles even though it was tough!! Glad you have a good attitude about it. Some runs just are not on. :p

Jackie – Oh good job on the sore upperbody and abs! I am stoked for my pull up bar! DD hasn’t gotten the job yet, but my boss is a bit on the slow side. I’ve been assured she will. DH is getting impatient. A 19 yo without something to do is trouble on the move.

Wendy – Oh man! I’m happy Keiko wasn’t hurt! Husky’s are good at jumping. Is there anything he can climb up on to get over the fence? You also might want to do a quick walk around to make sure there are no holes – it’s amazing what dogs will find. I won’t own a husky for other reasons – they’re bred to run 100’s of miles in the world’s harshest conditions and they are bred to be independent thinkers. They are not good house pets. I want a dog who wants to listen to me. :p Too funny about the DVD’s. I have a few I haven’t tried either. Glad your legs are sore from the kb’s. I’m looking forward to Awaken the Body. I need something like that.

Carole – Oh, man! I’m soooo sorry to hear Sadie got sprayed! I’m glad you were able to get it off of her, though. My friend whose dog got sprayed said it took her weeks to get all of the smell out. Oh everyone thinks he’s a Bernese. It’s the coloring. Too funny that your DH fell into that trap! :p The class was fun. I really enjoyed watching my friend Kathy teaching. She’s very good. I would definitely take classes from her.

Gloria – Don’t worry about your workouts. You’ll get back on track. I can imagine it would be emotionally draining! I love my bike! It’s so nice to get out there and ride! I’m actually a much better cyclist than I am a runner.

Dallas – Oh ick – I hate hot and humid. But oh yeah, I know what you mean in “where does the day go?!” I want to train for a century ride (100 miler) so I need time on the bike. This Spinervals is not hard – just long. It just felt good to sweat yesterday! ITA about Abercrombie. It actually kind of nice to be too old for those stores. I prefer the more sane ones! :p

Shelly – Oh, that’s exciting about the house in PA! It would be nice to be settled! Your In Laws are over a lot, aren’t they? Well, I guess that’s why your moved. :+ Enjoy it. My dogs haven’t been reactive either. There are a lot of different techniques out there to distract “Rover” from the other dogs. The main thing is giving the dog treats when they don’t react. It’s very interesting. I heavily socialize my dogs to people and dogs, so they are so used to other creatures that they just accept them. The ride around Lake Placid was fun – I’m going to finish it today, after my TT workout. I’d love Moab – I’m just trying to figure out how to transport my bike. I’d rent one, but for a ride like this I’d rather have one I know.

This morning is TT for Amazing Abs B followed by the rest of the ride around Lake Placid. I already have Kimo’s food cooking, so that should be done shortly. (I make a batch that lasts 7 days – it’s a pain, but worth it to me). Then I think it’s a nice relaxing day. YEAH! It’s beautiful – so I may be arguing with DH over a trail run, but I really want to get my TT in. We’ll see. Have a great day everyone!

IA Christine! Holy toledo on the posts already...just when I thought I was catching up w/personals! lol ;-)

Morning Gals!

I saw the news I guess the tornados hit where I **sort of** grew up. :eek: More sever weather on the way. It looks like when we'll be an hour from home at DD's last soccer game. Doing the happy dance over here!!! ;-)

Christine ~ Way to go...going for a century ride...I bow down to you!!!! :) There was a guy in my spin class who goes the distance. He's in amazing shape. he even ran a Century. :eek: A little coo-coo for me. :p Totally agree with you on the stores!

Gloria ~ You took a nap already. :eek: Sorry you're having sleep issues. Hope you cheer up soon. I know change is hard. We're losing a wonderful principal at the grade school level. :( I know as a parent I'm sad. The teachers are probably feeling the same as you.

Shelly ~ IA - I was still sweating when I got home even with the air cranked in the car! :eek: It's going to another steamy day. Good luck w/the house in PA! :) I always enjoyed the BBC shoulder and back work out! }( :+ Did you see the blog?!?! I'm so excited for all the changes mentioned!

Carole ~ No, the pulling sensation is in the lower part of my leg. it doesn't hurt, but I definitely felt "something" walking down the stairs. Oddly enough, that's the only time I feel it. I got up this morn and thought **it's gone** then felt it walking down to the kitchen. :( I think it's a weird place to stretch. You know the other strange thing is that it wasn't an intense workout week due to our crazy schedule and I haven't been to the stairs in 2 weeks. I just want to make sure it doesn't turn into anything, ya know!!?? Maybe a deep tissue massage is in order. ;-) Enjoy your run! I think I'll stick w/the EXT today because of the leg and heat.

Wendy ~ What did you decide work out wise? My Garmin definitely did not catch up y-day. :( If I went by it I only ran approx 200 feet. lol I did score on a new HRM at Costco. It's made from Nike and was $35. Even though the one I have still works, I picked it up because the battery can be changed in the heart rate strap. :D I want to look it up on the Internet and still read reviews about it. Did you purchase the "Kettlenetics"?

Cathy ~ WTG on the 10 miler!!! AND in this heat! I can't wait to hit that mile stone! :) I had thought we were running 7 y-day, but so glad it was only 6. The humidity got the best of me. Next week there's definitely an increase. I had pulled out my ACE manual **need to get back to studying...soon** y-day. I was thinking the peroneus, but it could be the soleus. My friend, who is a physical therapist, last night mentioned the peroneus too. It's not painful though. It's a pulling feeling. I guess that's the best way to describe it?? I get a free consultation at Athletico. I may go check it out. See above to Carol..it's only when I walk down stairs that I feel it.

HI Posh, Jackie, Judy, Wendi, Kath, Kristi and any other Cheetahs I missed!

Oh, today I'll do the EXT, some foam rolling to **try** and hit that area on my leg & core.

Did you see the blog!??!! :D

Shelly: I have cleaned out my dvd collection a few times over the years but I end up buying more then I get rid of! LOL Plus as murphys law would have it I always wish I had the work out to do at some point after I got rid of it. x( That being said, I am sure I will "clean house" again one day but not until I really make an attempt at trying all of these work outs that I haven't really given a fair shot yet. LOL

Christine: There are no holes that I am aware of. At home he can't escape as they have a 6 foot fence. Our fence is only 4 foot. It keeps our chicken little dog in so that's all that ultimately matters. We will not be watching this dog for a week at the end of the month unless we stay at DH's cousins house for the week with him so he'll have the company and we'll know he can't escape!:)

Dallas: LOL yeah I'd say your garmin never caught up. Sorry about that! No, I did not order kettlenetics. When I said it better bef for beginners I meant beginners to exercise in general, not to just kb work. I think I'd accidentally throw a 4 or 5 pound kb through the ceiling! :p :7

So I've decided to do a mish mosh of the following work outs:

Biggest Loser Power Sculpt
Strike Zone
TJ Ab Jam
Awaken the Body

I will likely do one of the Power Sculpt work outs for a little weight work, a few segments of Strike Zone for a little cardio, all of Ab Jam for the abs and then some or all of Awaken the Body for the soul! ;)

I'll be back when I'm done to tell ya how it went!

Wendy..Yes, I did a Google search about getting rid of the skunk odor on animals. Because Sadie gets sprayed mostly in the face you have to be careful with what you use, so that is why they recommend the vinegar douche. This one is what they recommend on most dogs for overall cleaning:
1 quart 3% hydrogen peroxide
1/4 cup baking soda
1 teaspoon Dawn® liquid dish soap
Apply liberally and hold your nose!

Cathy...you are so right as the tough runs do make you strong! Hey I would be happy to buy the Accelerade from you, I love the stuff.

Shelly...enjoy Mr Joey....:D...Maybe that will mentally help you later through the MIL & FIL time...Sounds like fishing will be nice for Jerry there. The hip was overall good, just a bit sore the last mile. So I rolled it out when I got home as the roller really gets into the sore area. See the formula I posted above to Wendy for skunks. No, I was teasing about the duct tape but the Breathe Right strips do help.

Gloria...yuk about the skunk smell is right. Since it sprayed in the back yard, the odor will be here for awhile.

Christine...re the skunk smell, it depends on how bad the dog gets sprayed for how long the odor lasts. I was sure feeling better about washing little Sadie than my other Bigger dogs when they got sprayed!! How is Kimo doing BTW? Enjoy your workout. It has been nice here too, might get to 90 today.

Dallas...that is a bizarre pain/or pulling. I think a massage would be a great idea. Yes, saw the Blog update!!! WOW!!!! Enjoy your EXT and rolling.

I ended up going 9 miles with my friend. The weather was perfect, just a slight breeze. Got home and rolled out the hip area, it feels good now.

Hey Girls.

I'm done with my work out. I tried 3 segments of Strike Zone but was only able to complete 1 of the 3. That's how much I liked it. :p I'm going to try High Intensity K/B again soon and see how I feel about that one but perhaps Tracey and I just don't get along when it comes to kickboxing. :-(

So here's what I did:

BL Power Sculpt warm up, intermediate and advanced segments.
Strike Zone attempt that failed miserably in under 8 minutes I think. LOL
TJ Ab Jam standing abs only.
CTX Kickbox Arm Drills wearing TJ weighted gloves. I did this to make up for SZ failure and it was awesome with the gloves on!
Awaken the Body: Last 10-12 minutes that included power yoga and a short stretch.

Gotta jump in the shower now...BBL!

Dallas: Is the pain on the outside of your shin? I have had anterior compartment syndrome. The doc said it may have been because I was tying my shoes too tightly. Whenever I am injured it is usually on the same leg. Do you do yoga? I have a nice cableknit wool sweater from Abercrombie that I bought in college. It has their logo very small on the bottom left and whenever I wear it the kids act a little crazy. I bet I wear it once a year!

Christine: I knew you were a good soul, but you even make your dog's food every week! Wow. Kudos to you! :)

Carole: Nice job getting in those 9 miles! Sorry about the unpleasant odor! I am considered a porch monkey! I love sitting on the deck! :)

Cathy: I checked out the NB site and Michigan will pay for it just like your state. Hmmmm, I will talk to my DH and my pricipal.

Shelly: I am feeling the best I have in a long time. Thank you. You are very sweet! That apartment sounds sooo inviting! How fun!

Ended up running 4 miles. I like not having pressure to work out. I have just been listening to my body and am happy right now. Talk to you all later.

I’m DONE! And I did it all. TT Amazing Abs Workout B and 90 minutes of Spinervals – the rest of the ride around Lake Placid. I’m pooped! :p But I feel good. The TT workout seemed easier this week, which was a nice surprise. I’m ready for a shower then a trip to the outdoor mall to do some browsing!

Dallas – Any damages from the tornados? Those are scary! I’ve done two centuries before but those we 10 years ago. It will be interesting. Running a century? Crazy! That is amazing! Enjoy your EXT and foam rolling!

Wendy – Ahh, the 4 foot fence explains it. Jimmy can jump into my arms from a stand still. He did it a few times as a puppy, but I put a stop to that once he reached 40 pounds. I don’t want 60 pounds of dog jumping into my arms! I got Tracey’s kick box workout because it got such great reviews. I hope I like it better than you do.

Carole – I remember watching the episode of Myth Busters when they tested the different ways of washing skunk off of dog – and that one was the only one that really worked. Good job on the 9 miles – how is your hip?

Gloria – Kimo has Cushing’s Disease and Diabetes. The vet recommended this R/D crap. When I read the ingredients it did not have one ounce of real food in it – how can that be healthy? So I researched cooked food diets (she cannot tolerate raw) for dogs with her diseases and came up with the one I feed her now. It’s chicken, brown rice, cottage cheese, green beans, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots. (The kids joke around that she eats better than they do). She’s been a good companion to us for a long time, the least I can do is make sure her last years are spent happily eating real food and not that crap the vet recommends. Jimmy gets a bit of kibble and a raw food diet that I buy at Whole Foods – I just think too many of the illnesses in our dogs later years are caused by the crap we feed them (like us). :p

Christine ~ Way to go on the workout!! You still have energy to go shopping!?!:eek: Yes, there was considerable damage where the tornadoes touched down. No damage here, but we didn't get the worst of it. Lots of dead branches and twigs in our yard.

Gloria ~ No, the area that is bothered is closer to the ankle, but on the lateral side of the leg. I do lots of stretching that's why I'm surprised this has happened. I was diagnosed w/lateral ankle impingement a couple of years ago, but haven't had a problem since. Hmmm Hopefully, it's nothing. I read a scary thread on RW forum about peroneal tendon injuries. :eek: Great job on the run!

Wendy ~ Oh no! You already received SZ and you don't care for it??!! What didn't agree with you? I had to really warm up to Sweatfest Kickbox, but once I did I liked it.

Carole ~ Leave it to me to have some strange non-runner thing happen. ;-) Great job on your run! Have you ever tried The Stick or the T-Roller? Can you recommend one over the other?

Well, the weather was pretty severe when Dh left for the soccer game. We thought it best to stay back. It's, of course, sunny now. I'm guessing the game went on as planned. The warning extended to the area were the game was. :eek: Dumb soccer ppl! x( Just cancel the game for Pete's sake! Grrrr DH said if he had the power the game would have been cancelled.

OK, better get back to the laundry, etc.

ETA: I did 35 minutes on the EXT, ARX and foam rolling stretching. It was hard to hit that area with the foam roller. Maybe that Stick that I mentioned to Carole would be a better option for that area? Anyone know anything about either one I mentioned?

Gloria :: Ooh, I'm really excited that you're considering pursuing NB cert! As stated, any questions or anything I can do to help as you explore the possibility, just let me know.

Shelly :: ooh, how exciting you may have found your permanent digs. My fingers'll be crossed for you...I'll have to check out the Cytomax...Ha :7 Yeah, that is my teaching "war story." :) Hope DH was a happy man with his boat today.

Christine :: Yeah, I am *really* glad, thanks! :)...Hope you're enjoying that gorgeous day. Yeah, we were pretty chatty this morning, eh? I know I'm guilty. :) Yes, I have a rule I can't shop in the same places as my students, so Abercrombie and Hollister are out. :7 Not that anything in there would likely fit me, anyway. It all looks so shrunken.

Dallas :: I am really not a super-hot weather person, so I don't fare as well on my runs when the humidity's up this high. Like a dingdong, I later realized I'd forgotten to eat b'fast before I left. How that happened I have no idea because I seem to think about food around the clock. :7 Anyway, maybe that made it more of a challenge...What is athletico? Hope the foam rolling helps. I have had various aches in the calves over the years. I guess most runners do. Massage, heat, and good stretching seem to do the trick. The heel lift is finally in at the chiro's (for the leg length discrepancy), so I'll be curious to see if that makes a difference.

Carole :: glad you enjoyed a solid run and the foam rolling did the trick. I did buy season one during my Target run today. :7 :7 :7 WTHeck is going on in Scrabulous??? It's a slaughter! *lol*

All right, I can no longer ignore the dreaded notebooks. Off I go! Have a great night--

ETA: Posts keep slippin' past me lately. Dallas, I have The Stick, but IMO, the foam roller gets in there even more since your body weight is on it.

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Hi CHEETAHS!!!!!!!!!!!

It has been a year but I am back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

School vaca is coming up (I am a teacher) and I want to spend some time here this summer!!!!!!!!!!!

I got new running sneaks and I am ready to begin again!!!!!!

Question - can someone tell me how to post an image on my profile???

Thanks!

Amy :)

Good evening Cheetahs :) :)

I am here to report this was my rest day-- a much needed one. I have been bad and missed my rest day last few weeks. My body said "KATH rest!!" :)

I need to read the posts and catch up on personals. :)

Don't ya just love this *poodle-do* hair weather. I swear I grew up with straight hair until I turned 30 now POOF with the humidity. It's a plus on days I wanna plop some gel in and go and a minus on days like this---can we say *POODLE-DO* Kath :)

BBL

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.