:::: CHEETAHS :::: Muscle thru Monday

I know I have complained here of all the potholes on our road. I was so furious that I sent a letter to the editor about it that was published in the paper. This week we got a letter in the mail from the road comission basically apologizing, but they just do not have the money to fix it and are pulverizing the surface and returning it to gravel. That will be better on my joints when I am out running too! Amen! Sometimes when you speak out people listen! My DH and I are very happy about this!

Good afternoon Cheetahs!

Wendy - Laughing at all the workouts you've acquired and not used. Think you may need some intervention from Workouts Anonymous. :) I guess you could have a worse habit.

Carole - I did mean if you worked on Sat. Couldn't remember if you did. Thanks for clearing that up. Glad the hip is better. Yuk on Sadie and the skunk! x( Those things love her, huh? Ha! Ha! Funny about the douche! Good job on the 9 miles!

Dallas - Sorry you're having trouble with the Garmin in the trees. I haven't had problem with trees yet. I celebrated the unpacking by taking it easy the rest of the day. Felt good. Interesting about your neighbor usind P90X. Can't wait to hear the details. Love the PUB/PLB combo premix. Glad the tornadoes missed your area.

Gloria - How nice that you and your principal will get to walk together.

Cathy - Glad you survived the grueling 10 mile run. You got through it and that's all that matters. Enjoy your rest day.

Shelly - Happy to hear you found a potential home. Hope it works out. Yeah, I could use any kind of watering system right now that will keep me from doing it. :) Really want a sprinkler system but it's not in the budget right now.

Christine - Hope DD finds out about job soon. Idle teenager and trouble do seem to go together, huh? How is Kimo doing?

Amy - Hi! Welcome back!

Kath - Hope you had a good run. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some rain today to cool things off a bit.

Yesterday was a rest day. Today's workout was Upper Body + and Ab Ripper X. My abs are still sore either from Friday's Abs/Core+ or Saturday's Kenpo+. Decided to keep them confused with ARX.

That's all I have time for right now. Hello to all others. Hope you're having a nice day.

Jackie

Hi there Ladies.

I am back with java, ready to catch up on personals before it's time to head out to bowling and I haven't done it yet. :)

Kath: Be sure to let us know how DD's first day on the job went!:)

Amy: Thanks re my website. Looking forward to hearing from you more often over this summer. :) It's way humid here too w/soaring temps. Absolutely NASTY outside and my poor DH is working in it with a flame retardant suit on in areas of a plant that are ALREADY a little on the hot side!:eek: Needless to say I feel bad complaining about the weather right now but that doesn't mean you can't! :p

Shelly: OMG I feel so much better now knowing that you will be there with me in spririt when I am sweating my !@#$ off in a couple of months training for the 18 miler! Now that you are on the east coast we will be able to identify with one another's pain!}( Glad you had a pleasant inlaw visit last night. Happy to hear the race will probably be in good weather! I'm looking forward to it! :)

Judy: Yeah, keeping with the eating program can be tough but I stick with it as much as possible that way when I need to stray I don't feel so bad. You are braver then me out there in this heat doing yard work! Heck, I didn't even want to walk to and from my car to go to the gym this morning!:p

Lorie: Glad the shoulder is all healed. You've been through alot but you seem to be holding it together and be in good spirits. When will you re-start NROLW?

Christine: Enjoy your rest day. :) Participating in a century ride sounds awesome. I think you should do it...but then again...I'm not the one who has to train for it!:p

Carole: Enjoy your DRY heat! I wish!!!!:p

Wendi: Wow what an awful show that must've been in this godforsaken heat! UGH! Good job on the run this morning. Hope you can manage another one tmrw morning! You've been busy so you probably missed my last post...I wrote that since you are opting out of the George Sheehan classic this weekend, we will have to choose another race to do together so I asked you if you wanted to train for the 18 miler that Shelly and I are doing in October!? :p

Gloria: Glad you have some things lined up for the summer. I'm upset by this treadmill issue but determined to beat it instead of letting it get to me. I am trying to turn a negative into a positive here. I admire Cathy's ability to stay upbeat no matter what life throws at her so I am trying to do that now. :)

Jackie: Great idea to incorporate ARX into the plan! Yeah, I have a problem but atleast it's a healthy one! LOL ;)

Yay, I'm all caught up! Now I have to get DS up and rollin' with dinner. We have to leave here in a little over an hour!

BBL!:)

Howdy hot chicas!

Since I'm soooooo far behind I guess I'll just jump right into personals...

Cathy - Sending some productive grading {{{VIBES}}} your way tonight! Glad to hear that exam is behind you. You must be so relieved to finally have a break from it. WTG on your long run this weekend!!! What a gutsy effort in this extreme heat!

Amy - Can't wait to see you posting here more regularly! Great sweaty workout today.

Wendy - Uh, I most certainly did not miss that post...I'm just choosing to ignore it :p! *Fingers in ears*...la,la,la, I can't hear you lol!!! Honestly, I really don't think 18 miles will ever be in the cards for me. Let me get a HM under my belt first, will ya girl :7? I'm glad that next weekend's forecast should make for a beautiful race for you and Shelly. Cathy's positivity (is that a word?) is amazing isn't it? WTG with embracing it. Awesome job on Imax2!

Kath - Wishing your DD the best of luck in her new job! Did you get that rainy run in?

Shelly - Smart move by NOT going for a long OD run today...YIKES!!!!! Great workout you had planned! I hope that PA house pans out for ya! Although, I'm sure you're probably not minding your accomodations for the time being ;).

Judy - I got most of today off. I did go in to work around 6:30 this morning to help the girl who is doing stalls. There was just too much work for one person to do in this kind of heat. I will do the same tomorrow and have the afternoon off. There's just nothing we can do when it's this hot...not fair to the horses OR the humans. Oooooo, yummy crepe!!!! You're really doing a lot of golfing lately...I envy you. Good luck tomorrow!!! Oh, you should see how big the kittens have gotten. I'll have to get new pics.

Lorie - WELCOME BACK!!!! So glad to hear from you! Sorry to hear of your "issue trifecta" but it sounds like everything is back on the up and up. JHad to LOL about your internet issues as I was right there with you yesterday x( x(...was almost ready to break out tantrum girl :p. Soooo, do we get to hear more about your "slightly newish BF?"

Christine - Whoa, that century ride sounds tough!!! I'm sorry if I missed this but when is it? Glad you had a great time with DH and Jimmy yesterday. Enjoy your pull up bar tomorrow }(!

Carole - Superb job on your run this weekend! Ewwww, sorry to hear that Sadie had another run in with a skunk. You must sit her down and tell her to run the other way lol! Enjoy your, ahem, "dry" heat...thanks for rubbin that in :p!

Gloria - Nice to hear that you had a nice walk with your principal this morning! I think teaching those two weeks sounds like a good idea, especially with the freedom you've been given. Glad to hear that your letter has sparked at least a little change. I'm sure there are some very happy people because of your letter.

Jackie - WOW, your workouts lately have been awesome!!! Where do you find the energy lady?

Dallas - So glad to hear that those storms missed you. This weather pattern has been fierce lately!

I think that catches me up for now. I'm planning on another 5 miler before work, then stalls, then maybe MM or ME when I get home. I should be good and sweaty by then }(! Have a great night everyone!

Hola, cheetahs-- :7

Wendy :: *lol* I have about 100 people who pay me no attention on a daily basis. I'm used to it. ;) :7 I meant to tell you I tried Applebee's Fiesta Lime Chicken yesterday--two thumbs up. Really tasty! Enjoy bowling tonight.

Kath :: great news for DD...congrats!

Judy :: mmm, those crepes do sound delicious...I finished my grading in school this afternoon, where luckily, we do have AC...Yes, I did 10 yesterday (run/walk)...a golf match in this heat tomorrow? You are a trooper.

Shelly :: :7 Indeed, I am now fully caught up...Don't blame you for forgoing this morning's outdoor run. It's downright unsafe out there today.

WT :: so good to see you!!! Sorry about the minor setback you've had during your recovery time. But I know you'll bounce back in no time. Is the tear fully healed now?

Christine :: only algebra does a midterm & final, the rest of the subjects do not. I had a final batch of essays to grade, plus comments, and honors recommendations. Cracked up about the boys. That's true in my school. We only really have dress code issues with the girls, and I loathe it. I'm not the world's most observant person, and I hate having to be the fashion police. We have some issues with the shorts/skirts creeping up and the cleavage, and they get SO pissy when you confer with them about it...Whoo, that is a long time to be on a bike. Might be nice to do it once and have the accomplishment behind you...Enjoy today's rest (that really was a helluva workout yesterday!) & have fun with the new pullup bar tomorrow. I have been neglecting mine.

Carole :: I am definitely going for another Dexter fix tonight. :7 I did get through one class y'day and finished the last class today...I don't think it's luck! And sadly, I have to admit, I don't know half of the words you're using. Shame on me! *lol*

Wendi :: sorry about your internet being outta commish. I know *exactly* what you mean. It is always a painful experience to have mine restored when it goes out...so true about the outsourcing...I feel bad for both you and the horses. Who determines whether or not to show them?...IA that 10K would not have been much fun.

Gloria :: I'm surprised your principal didn't know much about it. So how was your first day of freedom? Sounds like you have some exciting plans for tomorrow! That summer school gig sounds awesome. How cool your letter to the editor was published. Save that one for your students when you teach persuasion. :)

Jackie :: hope the rain came through for you.

ETA: This time I was posting with Wendi -- Yes, I'm very relieved the Boards are behind me. (For now. :7) Bring on the summer! :) :) :) That's really kind of you to lend a hand to your co-worker. I can't imagine doing what you do in this weather!!

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Jackie: Nice workout today!

Wendy: Way to go with the positive attitude!
:)

Wendi: I just couldn't stand it any more with the road's poor conditions. Had to do something. Glad you will have the afternoon off tomorrow.

Cathy: I remember dealing with the girls about the dress code. They most certainly do get pissy about it! I am looking forward to my day tomorrow and a little nervous. It is not like we have any major rapids or anything so I will be fine. Yeah, sometimes I think principals know everything, and in more instances than one, have found out they do not. I will do the summer school. There is just no reason not to. I will make it fun, maybe do a novel study or something. Thanks re: the letter. Glad the grading is done for you. I have enjoyed my day.

Hi All!

Merry Christmas! At least that’s the way it was here today! I got my Chin Up Bar, the skirt and shoes I ordered, and the books. Everything was sitting on my doorstep underneath the bench, just waiting for me. It was fun! I immediately put together my chin up bar and realized where I wanted to use it, it won’t work because we have a door and a screen door. I can use it on the outside door, though – just hopefully my neighbor won’t be up for golf. :p I can also use it on the inside door. So, there are places. I also immediately realized that unassisted chinups are not in the cards yet. :+ I can do the ab work, though, so I’m happy about that!

I also found a metric century in July that is not only local, but is also for the Lance Armstrong Live Strong foundation – a cause I totally believe in. I have to do some fund raising, but I think I can do it. It’s not too much. I don’t have as much time to train, but I think I can do it. It does have one killer hill, supposedly the hardest in the Bay Area, but heck, I can walk if I have to. (Oh who am I kidding - I'll ride that thing if it kills me)!!!

Carole – We hit 90 today. Not too bad, but it was hot getting into my little red mini with the black interior. I’m glad you found the de-skunking recipe!

Wendi – it’s great to see you again! Sorry the horse show sucked. I would feel sorry for the horses, too. They have no choice. Glad the 10k all worked out for you. No need to feel guilty – you wouldn’t have wanted to run it in that weather anyway!

Wendy – I have my fingers crossed that you can continue to improve on the treadmill. I think I can do this ride. It’s only 65 miles and won’t take as much training. I’m looking forward to it

Gloria – This metric (65 miler) century should be okay, and it’s coming up too quickly to really over train. I’ll do a couple of long rides on the up coming Saturdays and I should be fine. Nice job on your early morning walk. Have fun with your new kayak! I love kayaking. And I think you should go for the 2 week stint. Why not? Sounds like a good thing! Yeah for you on the potholes!

Jackie – I spoke to HR and I guess because it’s a new position, the job is being held up in finance and they determine the pro’s and con’s. *sighs* Oh well, it’ll get done when it does. Nice that your abs are still sore! Kimo is hanging in there. She’s a tough old bird. :p

Cathy – I cannot even imagine how uncomfortable it would be to have to be the fashion police with new teens! I also wonder about the parents who let their girls out the door dressed like that, though. I guess they don’t always know.

Have an excellent night all!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.