:::CHEETAHS:::Monday

gwd

Cathlete
Good morning Cheetah babes!

Just sitting here sippin' some java and waiting for the ol' bod to wake up before heading out for my run. My brain says go for 10 miles, we'll see what the bady has to say about that *lol*. Gonna go as far as I can...you can bet I'll be channeling some of Cathy's determination should the going get rough:D.

Karen - Oh, honey, you've had a he!! of a string of bad luck lately, haven't you:(. I hope that was the end of it last night and everything makes a trun for the better today. I swear, when that kind of day rolls around you can't decide whether you should laugh or cry, sometimes both right?

Christine - Oh, how disappointing that DD couldn't make the run. I wish her luck in her testing for her belt! It sounds like you had a great time, though. I wish you were just a leetle bit closer or I would join ya next time! Give Kimo a good squeeze for me, will ya?

Gloria - {{{HUGS}}} being sent your way. You are a wonderful person to be there for your friend. Prayers that he stays safe.

Gonna go peruse the forums for a bit and then map my route for today. I should be back after my run. Have a fantabulous Monday!

Good morning, everyone!

Carole :: awesome run yesterday! Sendin' more blue sky vibes your way. Did a wallop with the good 'ol silly putty hammer straighten out DH? At least you have your Monday all to yourself to bliss out. :)

Posh :: yeowch on that add'l root canal. I know that feeling as I had one of mine during the brief period when I was uninsured...I am seeing the same with regard to sodium. Stopped at the health food store yesterday and picked up some wheat germ, so hopefully that will help boost my potassium grade. This is the perfect program for high-achieving nerds, isn't it? *lol* :) I love Nature's Path cereals -- I will have to check out the oatmeal and some of their other products. So we both had some tough runs this past weekend, huh? Gettin' out there in the smoky conditions when you have asthma and nothin' but hills--man, you sure hit the trifecta! I feel ya on the hills. I am surrounded by them as well, and because I'm doing a series of loops on the long runs, I am finding myself getting my arse spanked but good!

Wendi :: enjoy your 10 miler. I wasn't planning to take the Fri class, but I'd like to meet up with you all after.

Christine :: Aside from the current scary wildfire situation, your descriptions of California always give me the urge to pack up and head west. Sounds like a colorful place and a great time yesterday. Good luck to DD15 in her purple belt test today!

Gloria :: (((HUGS))) comin' your way. I hope you're feeling a little better this morning.

Yesterday turned out to be a lazy day for me. No workout. Today starts my new rotation. It'll be HSC.

Have a great one!

Good Morning Cheetahs! :D

Gloria - {{{HUGS}}} I'm thinking of ya! That has to be tough.

Wendi - enjoy your run! I know, DD15 was upset. She wanted to run badly. I wish I were closer to all the East Coast Cheetahs, too! It would be so fun to run with y'all.

Cathy - ;) Too funny about my descriptions making you want to move out here. I do love my adopted state, but there are things I don't like - like the cost of living and the fact that the kids here grow up thinking a Lexus and a BMW in the driveway is normal. Enjoy HSC! And a lazy day after a long run is sometimes needed.

Not awake enough to decide if I am indeed going to work out. I do have a blister on the bottom of my foot (a standard place for me to get one), but other than that I'm doing well. I have Strike Zone on my rotation, which I may just do. :p There's a fire now outside of Yosemite. That's one of the most beautiful places on earth. I so hope it doesn't reach into Yosemite.

Hi cheetahs

Good morning all. I spent most of yesterday doing house repair on my in laws place here. The walls have some serious water damage... they really need to install new windows or get a really good sealing done. Anyway, they wanted us to panel over it but Jerry convinced them it would just mask the problem. I repaired the damaged drywall and today will repaint before heading back to Philly. I got out this morning for a beautiful 3 mile run in the cool fog. Got quite a dose of thunderstorms yesterday!

Cathy- Enjoy HSC today... that's a great one! Absolutely positively I understand about wanting to run alone. Just a friendly offer if you were interested:rolleyes:. Actually, I am that way myself usually... I vastly prefer running alone. Occasionally tho I do find it useful to pair up and run with others... it is valuable in training. Anyway, I would be thrilled to meet up with you on the Friday before the RT. I know you have a phobia about the step class but why not just come and do your own workout and then we can all go out from there? BTW- is the pain in your toes on the bottom- in the middle (around the third toe).. could be Morton's neuroma.

Wendi- Good luck on the 10 miler today. IA about Cathy's determination... very inspiring!!! Do you have the whole day off? I hope so!

Lorie- The pre RT Friday step class should be a fun one! Especially with you there:D I actually enjoyed this one last year at the RT more then the RT classes.

Karen- I have no kids (except the furry kind) and I absolutely am in awe of those of you who juggle regular workouts along with all those extra demands on your time. Kudos to you!! How was the beach trip?

Dallas- I'd say the chances are VERY high that your DH is just dealing with colitis -- not to dismiss that of course, it's still a painful condition BUT one that is quite treatable. With the added stress of his mother's condition it makes sense that this is what he is dealing with. The colonoscopy will definitely confirm it tho.... keep us posted! Re: my opinion on orthotics. Really just a suspicion I've been developing. I'm not an expert on the topic at all.... far from it. Just my musings and observations. I ran with with the special stablizing shoes and tried all sorts of orthotics. Now I run with neutral cushioned shoes, no orthotics and my feet have never felt better. I'm letting them "do their own thing" so to speak.

Posh- quite a novel yesterday! Great to hear you are doing well and don't EVER say you only got in a "lousy" 5 miles!!! 90% of the population couldn't even dream of doing that! Give yourself a little credit here. It speaks volumes about your fitness level that you consider 5 miles a disappointment! Sorry you are dealing with humongous dental bills now.
I went thru that a few years ago... $5000.00 in one year out of my own pocket for things "not covered". There is always some reason the insurance companies come up with for not covering. Yes, I am anticipating getting alot more snow then what I am used to this year in PA!!!

Take care y'all!

Hello again... missed a few...

Christine- Loved your race description yesterday... sounded like FUN!
How long was it anyway? Best of luck to your DD today in her testing. I'm sure she will fly thru it! I'm pretty concerned about that Yosemite fire too... such an incredibly beautiful place!

Gloria- You are such a sweet sensitive soul!! Being so worked up over the welfare of your BF's son. These days it's alot easier for those in the military to keep in touch with loved ones and they are also treated much much better then say what my poor DH went thru with Vietnam.
He'll be FINE!!!

Carole- Hiya! How was the run yesterday?

I'll be doing Amy's ASCII/Slo Mo circuit when I get home later too.
tata

Shelly - Nice of you to work on your IL's house on your days off. Glad you were able to convince them not to panel - I could not even imagine the mold if they did that! Ick! The W2W is exactly 6 miles. It's billed as a 10k, but it's not really. And as we were running by the ocean it was cool (about 60 degrees) but MUGGY! I was dripping sweat, which I rarely do here in San Jose. Afterwards I was glad I had my sweatshirt as I was chilly. Yes, the fires are getting some really pretty areas this year. Big Basin and Yosemite are two of my favorite places in the world. I have my fingers crossed. Oh, I just found out that DVD Swap is sending me Mindy's Kick Butt BootCamp. I'm excited to be getting that one!

Last edited:
Howdy ladies!

I'm back from my run and I had a great one at that! Good news...10.1 miles in 1:29:45. Yay, I finally broke the 9:00 mark...woohoo *doin' the happy dance*. I have never felt so relaxed for 8 miles...it got a little harder after that as the last 2 miles were all uphill. Bad news...I split my pants at some point along the way:eek:. Thank god it was just in the inner thigh area and didn't spread. The area I was running through is *not* the place to be with a split crotch if you know what I mean *LOL*. I think that's why I was so quick...it's not an area that I like to hang around in for too long;).

Cathy - I gotta tell you girl I definitely had you for inspiration for those last 2 miles. Now I gotta catch up to those 14 miles lol. Have a great time with HSC...always a fave! It's no doubt you needed a bit of a rest after that run. I GTG after the class would be awesome! You know, maybe you could sit in on the class? Not trying to twost your arm or anything, love. Re: orthotics...I tend to agree with Shelly but am definitely a newbie with little experience on this. But I have to say that after I ditched those Super Feet inserts and just went with the new sneaks I have *yet* to have any more PF issues at all. Food for thought?

Christine - Ouchie! Hope that blister doesn't give you too much trouble. Enjoy SZ if you do decide to do it! How horrible that Yosemite is now threatened, as well.

Shelly - Wow, busy bee! Do you *ever* slow down lady:eek:? Glad you had a nice foggy run this morning...love those! Yuppers...I've got the *whole* day:D. Gonna mow the lawn, repot some plants, tend to the veggie garden and then have lunch and the rest of the day with DSO. Haven't been able to see him much this week with the show and whatnot.

I'm pretty gross (TMI I know) so I'm going to go jump in the shower, have some breakfast and get going on the yardwork. TTFN!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...thanks, it was a great run weather wise yesterday! And our Air quality is much better. Thank God for Mondays...:D..Have fun with HSC today.

Christine...the race yesterday sounds like a blast for you guys. All the goofy people would be fun to watch. I will have to think about doing it next year!! I hope your DD15 does great on her TKD test. Is the blister from the race yesterday? Enjoy Strike Zone. I also saw that Yosemite fire on the news yesterday...awful.

Posh...sos sorry about DH's other root canal!! Yikes. Not fun at all for us to still be dealing with the smoky air. Puppies can put you through your paces but they are fun! I am happy that Sadie and Beau are finally playing.

Wendi...Luckily the air quality was back under 100 yesterday which made for a better run. Scrabulous is a Scrabble type game on Facebook. Good job breaking the 9:00 mile mark! Sorry about your wardrobe malfunction!

Shelly..the run yesterday was great. The smoke was not bad at all and my friend and I had a nice 10 miles. Have fun with Amy's circuit today.

Karen...sounds like quite the rain storm yesterday!

Gloria...that has to be tough about your BF's son. Sending {{{HUGS}}} your way.

I am planning on P90X+Upper plus, abs/core and a 3 mile run. I get a massage this afternoon, so nice to have that to look forward to.

Have a great day...:)

Back again:).

Carole - Quite the workout you've got lined up for today. Ahhhhhh, enjoy that massage! BTW, I have Brook's Adrenaline GT8s, too...aren't they the BEST! I have had *zero* issues with my PF since I got those....love em! I've never even ventured into Facebook land, nor will I don't think lol.

Cathy - I don't know how much info the nutrition plan gives you regarding food sources of various vitamins/minerals, etc., but I found this and I don't know if this is helpful to ya....

*Excellent* Sources of Potassium...swiss chard, crimini mushrooms, spinach.
*Very Good* Sources...fennel, kale, mustard greens, brussel sprouts, winter squash, blackstrap molasses, broccoli, eggplant, cantaloupe, tomatoes
*Good* Sources...parsley, cucumbers, bell peppers, apricots, ginger root, strawberries, avocado, banana, tuna, halibut, cauliflower, cabbage

Really got to get moving here. Sometimes I find it hard to tear myself away..sad I know LOL!

Good Morning Cheetahs. Got in a sprint intervals today. I went about 4.5 miles doing them on the treadmill alternating 5 mph jogs on the treadmill for a minute recovery and 7.5 to 8 mph sprints between 2-4 minutes. It was tough. I'm trying to better my time on the 5k in Aug but I dont' think I'm up for that yet since I haven't ran for speed in the past few months. Plus with going on vacation I don't think sprints are on the agenda just nice long beach runs. Yeah!!!!!!

Wendi- You are one speedy cheetah. I trained for like 10 weeks for my 10 miler and did it in 1:32 min. I remember running that race thinking to myself in the moment that I couldn't give it anymore. That was my all. You did fantastic. I am so happy for you.

Christine- Take care of that blister girl. I'm so gald you had such a nice time yesterday.

Shelly- We don't leave until Sat. I'm just talking about it so much becaue I really can't wait to go. We are going to Wildwood NJ and making a day trip to Cape May. We have gone every year since I was a kid. I look forward to it just as much as I did back then.

Carole- AHHH You lucky girl. A massage. Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy.

Off to make the girls some breakfast. Oh and me too!!!

Wendi- where in the heck do you find out how to order the nutrition program and the prices. I swear on my life all I keep getting is the demo. Then I went to shop Cathe to see if it was there. I'm so lost.

Karen - I think Cathy said that you have to click on the purple "Premium Membership" thingy in the Workout Manager. I haven't had time to check it out just yet. I pulled that info off World's Healthiest Foods website. I know Cathy was having a tough time getting enough potassium in every day. Ahhhhh, long beach runs sound NICE! WTG on those toughie sprints! Don't sell yourself short there girl. Oh, thanks hon *blushes*...not as fast as some though...still working on it;). It was just fun to get out there on a beautiful cool morning!

Going now, honestly:p.

Wendi- Thanks for the info. I sitting here eating my breakfast trying to avoid the after sprint headache I ususally get. I was reading last night that I should eat every two hours to get the carbs back in from a long or strenuous run which I don't do. i usually am busy with the kids and just eat when they do. I am going to try today and see if it works. I'm still super impress with your time girl. I know the work it takes to be fast.

Christine :: Saw about the fire threatening Yosemite. :( I hope it can be brought under control. Enjoy SZ if you decide to do it.

Shelly :: *lol* It's really not a phobia--I just know my limits. :) I'd be happy to meet you all @ the Four Seasons after the class, and we'll go from there. Maybe Carole will want to fly out and pay a visit to Helga again. *ha ha* The pain feels like it's in the last three toes. Good thing you were able to convince the ILs to bag the paneling idea.

Wendi :: great job on that strong & speedy 10 miler today...Nah, it wasn't the long run at all that prompted my slacking yesterday. Sheer laziness. Brought on somewhat by my BBQ indulgences. ;)...I am a fan of SuperFeet, actually. I was skeptical when the Fleet Feet salesperson suggested them some years ago. I figured he was just adding to his sale, but I was kind of desperate at that point after having struggled through AT and decided to give it a go. Have used 'em happily ever since. Personally, I prefer how they feel, but I think that what works with running shoes is a highly individual thing. Earlier this winter, when I had my new skis customized, I learned that I have a leg imbalance, which apparently contributed to my difficulty with left turns. It was quite frustrating to have my brain wanting to do something that my left foot or leg just would not cooperate with at all. Well, the remedy for this was that a cant strip (wedge) was placed in the one ski. I could not believe what an instanteous difference it made. I now can turn left with absolute ease. Well, it got to me thinking--any issues I've had (whether little or big ones) are always in that stinkin' left foot or leg. Bunion--arthritis--AT--if I have aches during or after a run, it's this leg--and now the toes. Not looking so much like coincidence. I mentioned it to the chiro, and she confirmed a leg length discrepancy and ordered the heel cup. After some experimentation with it, I can say that running with the heel cup *does* feel better than going without it. However, (I think I mentioned this), it's an adjustable one, not a customized one, and I just feel it'd be best to have a doc who specializes in this area be the one to handle it appropriately and safely. I don't want to do anything to screw up being able to run the marathon...Thanks for the potassium sources. The program makes suggestions, and I looked into it on my own as well. Problem is, I mostly reach for the items in the *good* category. I am shooting to up my grade, but that is an area that I don't think I can achieve A's in. 4700 mg per day is a lot. I'll be happy with C's. *lol*

Carole :: Oh yeah, no work, no DH, and a massage later--what's not to love about your Monday? :) Enjoy!

OK, off to go bust some butt!

Wendi- I got it. I had the stupid pop up blocker on and everytime I would hit the purple thing it would never show up. Then it dawned on me the blocker was on. Thanks for the help.

Okay, yardwork...check. Didn't get petunias repotted but, oh well, maybe tonight.

Karen - I hope you're able to ward off the post-sprint headaches with some good grub. I get post-run nausea if I go too hard. Hoping that won't happen today. So far so good. Although, the legs are already talking...gotta keep moving today or I won't be *able* to move tomorrow *lol*.

Cathy - Oh, okay, it sounds like, in your case, you *are* on the right track with the orthotics and are very smart to get them looked at by an orthopedist so they can be tweaked if need be. You know, potassium is the one thing that I tend to have in excess and now I know why. I have criminis and a cup of spinach in my omlette every morning, quacamole and a banana as a snack, 1/2 can of tuna everyday, and eat broccoli, brussel sprouts, eggplant, tomatoes, and cauliflower like they're going out of style...it's no wonder! In fact, what's in my fridge right now...roasted cauliflower, roasted brussel sprouts, steamed broccoli and grilled eggplant *LOL*. I have more problems with getting enough calcium as I'm a little leary of too much (and ws told to stay away from supplemental calcium)being prone to kidney stones and all. I'd have problems getting A's on that one :(.

Gotta get moving here and meet DSO for lunch :9. I'll see you all tonight. Have a good one!

Good afternoon Cheetahs!

Wendi - Great job on the 10 mile run! Super time too! Now you know how to get that run over with quicker by splitting your pants! LOL! Enjoy your day with SO.

Cathy - Hope you enjoyed your lazy day yesterday. It's nice to have those roll around from time to time. Enjoy your new rotation.

Christine - Ouch on the blister! Glad it's not interfering with your workout. Thought they were getting the fires under control. Hope Yosemite is not affected.

Shelly - Nice of you and DH to repair inlaws house. Glad you got in a good cool run.

Carole - Glad to hear the air is better there. Enjoy your workout and massage.

Karen - Nice job on the intervals today! Don't blame you for being excited about vacation and getting away.

Hello to all others.

Saturday, I only got in a 3.5 mile walk. Yesterday was a rest day. Today was BBC treadmill and 4DS Chest & Back.

Gotta get back to work.

fly by

Hi Cheetahs-
yes this is a fly by. Today has been one of those Mondays one would rather forget. And I am normally a fan of Mondays for regrouping and getting back on track mentally and physically.

Lets just say a handful of unanticipated :mad::mad::mad::mad: irritating issues popped up and I went on a cleaning frenzy to get calm. Then it was off to the treadmill for CC#3 and the 'coaches notes' and 'interview' by Jim Mclaren from CCPP. That was a mental lift, and I clocked in 6 miles in 56:10, a record for this old inexperienced lady.

I still have to hit the grocery store and vacuum, and I'm feeling like cooking a good dinner. So no personals, however, Shelly, I want you to know I have worn my Garmin on the golf course several times, and by the end of 18 holes I am always over 6 miles. Also, my HR can get up into the 160s on the hills with the golf bag! I no longer consider a round of golf a rest day!

Hugs friends!

Last edited:
Hi Cheetahs!

Thank you all so much for the hugs. These people are like family to us and we all hate to see people close to us hurting. He is 19 and can take care of himself. Shelly, you are so right. :)

DH is off today so we are busy around the house. I will get a run in when he goes fishing later and do personals then.

I have not forgotten about our Cheetahs who need the hugs much more than I do. :)

Hope all are having a nice day and getting in some good workouts. :)

hi everyone! i have been busy today doing mundane things (like setting up my new laptop) and am only now getting around to posting! shame!

gloria-you are spot on about perspective. anytime i am doing rescue i feel a great sense of perspective.

dallas-yes, our summer is pretty short. we only get six weeks off. the kids get ten and the teachers get eight. stinks!

wt-i actually got those cargo shorts at costco! they were perfect for the trip. i did sign up for the premium membership and am liking the nutrition software. today, i am doing a one-day "detox" (you don't fast or anything...just eat what she recommends) from my fave holistic nutritionist, gillian mckeith. she blows tosca away!!! i love her. she's on bbc america. she does a great show called "you are what you eat." it's awesome!

carole-is the smoke situation any better?

posh-linus would love to come visit you! i did have a great time in aruba. it's so relaxing and everyone is so friendly!!!

wendi-that was the name they told me. it's probably something else in spanish. i know what you mean about that saying. it's a very powerful thought.

christine-your race report was too funny! sounds like you had a great time!!!

shelly-i am so glad you are going to be at the step class! you have to promise not to laugh at me when i mess up...it's been quite a while since i've done any step!!!

so, today was maximum intensity strength all but legs and steady state on the ext. so far, i haven't had any candy (my downfall) and i hope to keep it that way. i am following "you are what you eat" by gillian mckeith so i can focus on making better choices. i am doing her one-day detox to get started. it's not really a detox since she has you eating real food, she just tells you exactly what to eat. i *heart* gillian and LOVE her tv show. she kicks tosca's arse!!!:p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.