::: CHEETAHS ::: Monday, 11/5

RE: ::: CHEETAHS ::: Monday, 11/6

Hey everyone. I'm back for a few personals before it's off to do my work out part 2! LOL }(

Barb, Sorry your day didn't go too well after your run. Hope today is better for you!

Laurie, Hives? ACK! Hope Faith is better soon! Do you know what caused the break out? Congrats on your workouts and the urban rebounder. I have one and like it but haven't used it in quite a while. I really need to pull it out again once the new Cathe work outs aren't so NEW anymore! LOL

Mattea, So are you HAPPY you have this piano now? LOL I did not have gloves on when I ran. I looked for a pair but couldn't find any. I'll have to make sure I buy a pair just for running that way I know I'll keep better track of them. Does it matter what they are made out of?? The course I ran y'day I have run before. It's a tough hilly course through grass, road and woods. I like it but it exhausts me. We only do it once in a while!

Carole, So what do you think of LIC? I cancelled my TM run after class today. My Ipod needs to be charged. I'll be doing the cardio blast premix of DM instead!}(

LD, I am PETRIFIED to do BM2 in full! I keep avoiding it!:p I did the upper body portion the other day and it was TOUGH! I loved it though! Have fun! It certainly was on the cold side for my run y'day, but all of my layers were very thin which is why I wore so many! LOL

Judy, OUCHEES! That run + part of B&G sounds brutal! Good for you!}( I just realized I never got back to you on the CC problem you were having! I'm sorry!!!! I guess you got it to work though...How did you like it?

Well, I'm off to do DrillMax cardio blast premix. Wish me luck! }( If I don't come back in an hour or so, please come check on me! LOL :p

The show is open thank goodness. Now back to normal. Jess, I have to put my Halloween stuff away too.
How do you use the roller for ITB. I'd love to know.
I ran yesterday 3miles for the 1st time in a week. Now I'm going to open my new Cathes.
What kind of a run/Cathe rotation are you all doing with these?
Colleen

Jess-sounds like you're having a productive day. Thanks for the yoga tape tips. I ordered the Baron Baptiste one for athletes and will see what I think. Good luck with PT Wednesday. I'm sure it will help a lot. Have fun shopping!

Coco-congrats on the show opening.

Wendy-- I share the fear of doing BM2 from start to finish. I have liked what I have done so far. I really love the colors of the outfits.

Judy-great job on the run with CC. It's amazing that you can go faster with some "push" going on. The mind-body connection is really powerful. Glad the trip was fun, too!

-Barb
:) :) :)

Good Afternoon ladies,

I don't think i will get a chance to workout today for some reason my knees are hurting. Does anyone has any tips they can share about achey knees?

thanks in advance.

hello to all the cheetahs. sorry for being so short and to the point but duty calls:-(

ttyl...

Hello ladies,
Wow, I have had a busy day today. I just got back from my chiro appointment and it went well. I had my first adjustment and the results of my xrays and it looks like my upper spinal column is out of alignment and that means the whole back is out of whack. I need to go 2 times a week for about a month and then go from there. The adjustment was very gentle and I can't tell yet if I feel differently. She said my hips are even now, but my right shoulder is still lower than the left. Anyway, I am glad to just be doing something about it.

Today, I am taking a rest day. I ended up doing the scrambled eggs pre-mix off of BM2 and it was long and pretty tough, especially on the 8 inch step. I would totally recommend this for a good calorie burn. I burned more with this one than DM.

I just found out that my mom has lung cancer. She did not tell any of her kids and she has known for about a month. I feel really bad that she did not tell any of us kids. I am not sure what to say to her or how to approach this whole thing. I think I am still in shock over the whole thing. Again, I am still processing this whole thing. I just feel sick about it. I know several of you have gone through this recently, so any words of wisdom on how to be there for her would be appreciated.

Barb, I would recomment the long and lean dvd by Baron. I really like that one and it has a good ab portion and he covers everything.

No time for personals. Have a great day ladies!

Susan

Susan, Many (((((((hugs))))))) go out to you and many prayers for your mom. I'm sure your mom felt badly telling you kids. Parents can be funny like that. Like they don't want to BURDEN us with thier problems. I know it's tough. I went through it with my dad. I really don't have any advice to give as I don't believe there is any RIGHT way to handle it. Just act from the heart and don't be afraid to cry if you need to. Take care of yourself!!!!

Barb, I LOVED BM2's u/b work! It's fabulous! I think the outfits in all of the work outs are super cute. There is one w/o though where Cedie and someone (I forget who) are wearing this black and white outfit that give the faint illusion of them being in a tux. It is a black top with white on the shoulders and chest. For some reason it looks like a tux to me and I think it's really sharp lookin'!:)

Sunny, Sorry about the knees. I don't have any advice. I'll leave that to the professionals in the group!;-) Hope you feel better! Why not try some upper body work instead?

Well, DM cardio blast premix is DONE! 36 minutes of WOWEE-ZOWEE! What an AWESOME short cardio work out! OMG! I was sweatin' and breathin' up a storm! Tougher than 1/2 of IMAX 2 IMO! }(

Susan--I'm sorry to hear about your mom and about the mixed feelings about not being told. I can understand feeling upset she didn't tell you. But I think what Wendy says makes sense, too. It can be a burden for the person with cancer to figure out how to handle communications.

I have a dear friend whose daughter had a brain tumor 2 years ago on TG -- thankfully for her daughter is ok for now -- but she has talked a lot about how hard it is to be both the one people come to for information and questions (out of a sense of caring) and yet to be overwhelmed being the one going through the horrible time.

((((hugs)))))))to you!!! No easy answers...

Thanks for the yoga DVD suggestion and glad to hear the chiro appointment was productive.

-Barb
:) :)

Barb...it must have been our DH's UMS day....:)...(Ugly Mood Swing!)

Runnergirl...I loved LIC and I sweated alot! Have fun with BM2...For yoga I like Bryan Kest (Mr Yummypants) and Baron Baptiste.

Laurie!!!...awesome you got the workouts!! I bet you are previewing as I type!! So Faith sings Kiss too...:)

Judy...B&G after a 6 mile run!!! I am impressed...:)

Mattea...you were right the biceps were tough in LIC! I loved the abs...good job on the hill run....Drillmax for tomorrow....:)

Jess...Looks like your Mom had a nice B-Day. That sounds like a very special church service...I hope the PT can help your IT band...I am so glad you decided to go...

Wendy...LIC is a great workout! Way to go with the Cardio Blasts in Drillmax!

Colleen...I am doing a modified version of Cathe's Nov 5 week rotation,. I will run 3-4 days a week and the Elliptical 1-2 times as an add on to the rotation.

Sunny...I'd say new shoes for the aching knees...but you did get new running shoes, right?

Susan....sounds like the chiro appt went well...I am so sorry about your Mom's diagnosis!! What a shock for you....my thoughts and prayers are with you, your family and your Mom...I agree with Wendy about acting from the heart...

I had a great time with LIC...I really like these circuit workouts better than the ones like HSTA or HSC. The biceps are tough and as I didn't change my 33 lb barbell from my last workout I about died in the overhead press and then found out Cathe was using a 20 lb BB!!! The abwork is truly fast paced and I was covered in sweat....not sounding too pretty!!!

Where has Christine been?....

Susan -

{{{{HUGS}}}}I am SOOO sorry to hear about your mom! I can only imagine what you're going through right now! What a shock!! I know when I found out about my mom I had so many different emotions, I could not quite grab one and feel it before it moved on to something else. It's not easy watching someone you love undergo something like this.

I know it's hard to understand why she did not tell you, but there could be many reasons. She might not wanted to have burdened you or made you feel obligated to her. Or she may have needed some time to come to terms with it herself before she had others know. My mom decided that this was her time, and she was going to do whatever she wanted and only what she wanted. That was hard to deal with as she spent a lot of time with her brothers and sisters, but not with her daughters and grandchildren. Having gone through a minor scare myself recently, I know that just confronting the possibility of your own mortality is daunting. People react in different ways.

Do you know more? How far along, what treatment is she considering or undergoing... Email me - I am happy to meet you somewhere so you can just talk to someone neutral. I'm thinking of you!!!

Hey all! Sorry I've been AWOL - just some emotional crap I'm dealing with with DH and DSS. Won't bore y'all with the details. I'm not feeling very social today. Which is ironic as work is kind of busy! Oh well, I'm not complaining on that front! Did The Gauntlet and SJP Abs this morning. I sooo need to get back on the good eating bandwagon (it's been almost a week!). I'm starting to feel rather rotund! So far so good today, but it’s the hours between 4 and 8 that get me!

Cathy – oh, sounds like I’ll LOVE B&G! I cannot wait to feel DOMS in my butt!! I’m excited! Walking or something will help with the DOMS.

Wendy – Sounds like you’ve got a great day planned! I start cold runs with as little on as I can bare as I know I’ll be striping! I get so warm when I run!

Barb – LOVE the mishmash! Nice that you had a good run yesterday, and the “Not communicating well days” I know well. I’m living them right now. (Actually, it’s not communicating at all for the moment).

Laurie – you are so wonderful. I’m reading what you’re writing to Elaine and having lost my mom in January, I so understand what you mean. The anger – I saw my dad go through that. He shunned the church for a while, mad a God for taking my mom and leaving people who hurt others. He’s starting to move on, but it took a while. Hope your daughter is feeling better! Hives are not fun! Enjoy your new workouts!!

Elaine – you’ve been given such great advice. I think the only thing I can add is knowing that my dad got really lonely in the evenings. During the day he kept himself busy, but once everything was done, and he was sitting by himself watching tv, he tended to really, really miss my mom. I would call him during those hours, to let him know that I’m thinking of him. Some losses are only fully understood by family members, and talking with them really, really helps. I’m still sometimes blindsided by the whole idea that mom is no longer around. Just the other day I was driving home thinking of Christmas and trying to make plans, when it struck me that I don’t need to worry about a gift for mom – I started crying right in the car. I’ve heard grief comes in waves. For me, especially now, after this amount of time, it kind of sneaks up on me and attacks. You remain in my thoughts and prayers, Elaine. As does your SIL.

Mattea – I have to admit I’m concerned about LIC. I cannot see that I’ll get a good enough workout. We’ll see. I’ve heard I’m wrong! Enjoy your piano!

Carole –I’m here! Thanks! How’s John doing? I’ve been thinking of him. And yeah! I’m an avid cycling fan, so when I heard the my hero was running the NY Marathon, I was thrilled! I love that he did so well. Did you read the article – he said it was tougher than a leg of the Tour de France. I can see that. I think it’s an epidemic about the DH’s…

LD – enjoy BM2! I will get these tomorrow and I’m starting with that one on Wednesday! Cannot wait! I like Rodney Yee’s style. I have Yoga for Athletes – which is really just a really good stretch with some yoga moves tossed in. And his Power Yoga tape. They’re both great. I just wish he would wear something a little less tight. It’s a bit distracting. :+

Jess – We’ll be trying out the new ones together!! I’m looking forward to DM, too – well, pretty much all of them. Sounds like you had a fab weekend!

Colleen – great job on the three miles – how was opening night?

Sunny – my knee is bothering me today, too – not the IT Band, but right on the knee cap. I hate achy knees! I just ice them whenever they hurt.

Susan, I am really sorry to hear about your mother. I will keep you and your mom in my thoughts and prayers. Bigs hugs to you.
LD

Wendy :: oh, oops, yeah, I did goof on the date. But hey, cut me some slack already ~ it’s Monday! :) Sorry, I just don’t think I have that maniacal cheetah gene :) -- so I will get back to running tomorrow. I really am THAT sore! My old gloves were New Balance that I bought in the running section of a sporting goods store, but the new pair I picked up this weekend are North Face and I found them in the ski section. They’re a little bit lighter, which I prefer. I agree, it is hard to gauge the temperature sometimes.

Barb :: sorry you had an annoying day yesterday. At least you got in a good run! I lost it when I read the comment about your DH being in your way, but hey, he lives there, too. Too funny!!!

Laurie :: Poor Faith! I hope she’s feeling better. I guess she is if she’s rockin’ out to KISS!! She sounds like quite the performer. :)Glad you received your DVDs…enjoy!!

Mattea :: thanks for the info on LIC. I think I wanna try that one next. Cracked up about the hours of “fun” at the piano.

Carole :: thanks for sharing your thoughts on LIC as well.

LD :: oh yeah! B&G sure is a punishment! How’d you like BM2? I want to preview that and DM tonight. Rodney Yee is good…I had a few of his beginner videos some years ago…Recently I bought Yoga Shakti…that one’s good. I’m not using it so much since I am taking classes at a nearby studio, but that would be my choice for at-home yoga. :)

Jess :: I do the same thing – check the tracking constantly! I am antsy waiting on something from Ann Taylor. I love packages and have NO patience! Funny — I now get recruited to do heavy lifting, too.

Judy :: glad you enjoyed your weekend and a run w/ your brother. Do you normally talk when you run w/ a partner? Just wondering. I usually run solo, but when I'm with a friend, we have a tendency to gab and go slower. I cannot believe you did even a portion of B&G after a run!!

Colleen :: congrats on the successful opening AND on receiving your new DVDs! I am not doing a rotation with mine just yet.

Sunny :: not sure what to do for achy knees. Rest and elevation sound like a good place to start.

Susan :: interesting diagnosis at the chiro’s…glad you are on your way to alignment…but then I gasped as I read through the rest of your post…I’m so sorry about your mom. Do you know what her prognosis is at this point? I’m not sure what else to say that could possibly offer any comfort, but I’m sending some big (((HUGS))) your way.

Christine :: sorry you’ve been going through some “stuff,” too. If I remember correctly, your DSS was not always so darling. Hope there’s a positive resolution in sight!

Well, I am going to revel in my rest day. Despite cheetah pressure to do something active, I am indulging my aching tuchus! Might try to get some grading done. The pile never ends!

Have a great night, everyone!

Cathy :)

Susan. I am so sorry to hear about your Mom's illness. Please accept my prayers for her and your family.

Colleen

hello ladies,

here for a quick minute to say thanks to those who responded re: my knees.

carole- i did get new shoes. could those be the culprit?, hmmmmm

susan- ((((hugs))) to you and your mom.

i did sneak in a workout today- i just got in my new barry's bootcamp workouts so i did the chest and abs. i skipped the cardio portion due to my knees. great workout!

have a nice night all!!:)

I think I'm falling apart! I'm going to get a biopsy in the area where the calcium deposits are, but the doc doesn't think there's anything wrong. The biopsy is simply to be 100% certain. So, while we're in his office, he does a standard physical exam and finds a lump where my thyroid is! He wants me to get that checked out. I will be getting an ultrasound there next Tuesday. I was reading about these, and I don't think it's a big deal, but still I'm feeling very lumpy!

Hang in there Christine! It's good you have doctors who are careful.
It's good you can get an appointment for the Ultrasound without too horribly long a wait.
I have fingers & toes crossed for it all!!!!!

(((((hugs))))))
Barb

Thanks Barb!! {{{HUGS}}}back at ya. I agree that it's good to have doc's who are careful. It's another case where 1 out of 12 people have these nodules, and less than 10% are cancer, and if it IS cancer, unless it's REALLY advanced and spread (and I have none of those symptoms), it's curable - simply remove the thyroid. I'm not that worried about this. It's just odd because even before he felt my throat he was asking if I had thyroid problems. I said no because I can lose weight (I'm not right now but I CAN if I put my mind to it) and I hear those with thyroid issues gain weight. But something must have made him suspect. Weird...

Christine, (((((((HUGS)))))))) girl! Hang in there! You are just having a run of bad cr@p goin' on but I'm sure it will all turn out okay!

Carole, Your description of all of the sweat and stuff while doing your work out was great! Maybe Cathe should hire you to do commercials for her!;) I'm gettin' a job w/Jari so why not have a Cheetah workin'f or Cathe as well, right? :7

Cathy, Thanks for tellin' me about the gloves. I'll have to go shopping soon. I will probably want them for the race over T-day weekend anyway!:)

Okay, it's off to bed with me. I'm beat!

Ciao Bellas!:*

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.