Cheetahs- Come visit our den! Sunday Nov 4

Carole: Your post re: my watching the marathon gave me a chuckle. :) How was your run with your sis? How long did it end up being? Can't wait to see the pics of your house!

Cathy: I got the email. Thanks so much! I will try to think of gift ideas so I can post them tmrw.

Christine: Happy Birthday! The massages and dinner...what a great way to celebrate. Enjoy football today. :)

Lori: So did you run today?

Lorie: Glad you enjoyed BootCamp today. How was lunch with your friends? What's up on the DF front?

Wendy...so when will you be tackling a marathon???...:)..the run ended up 16.25 miles. I knew my sister was a bit off on the calculations...but we started a bit faster than I wanted as the 1st part is a lot of downhill. So the last couple of miles were torture on this old body!!...:)

Good afternoon Cheetahs!

My half was harder than I thought it would be this morning. The temp was in the 40's but wasn't bad at all. I completed it in 2:26:28. I knew I was in trouble when I could feel my hamstrings right off the bat. They're still sore from all of those stairs and walking in NY. It was such a boring race too. There was nothing to look at but highway. The hills weren't too bad though. My legs started getting heavy around mile 8. The last 3 miles my feet went numb and I thought they were coming from under me. I did a lot of walking. I had some Sport Beans with me and that helped some. My legs are so sore right now. I took a hot bath and that helped. I ate some orange sections after the race and I finally had some breakfast about 12:45. Not feeling too hungry. I definitely know now that I don't want to do a marathon.

Cathy - Yay for you starting your Christmas shopping already. I use to have mine completed by Nov. 11 years ago. It's getting harder for me to do it that early now because my family has everything. Hard to decide what to buy these days.

Shelly - I'm definitely ready for that vacation. That will give me time to think about the last half marathon. Today made me not want to do it but I've come so close - only one race left. Rich old farts are all taken by the 20 something girls. :7

Wendy - Think I need some beer now. Only thing is that I don't like the stuff. I'm glad you're feeling better.

Wendi - Good job on BM2. Glad the horse show went well. Hope work was good.

Sunny - Hope you had a good run!

Lorie - Laughing at you doing 4DS KB and thinking about DF mom. :) That should help to work some frustrations out.

Carole - The pants worked fine this morning but I also had on a little jacket and I got a little warm. Thought I would pull it off along the way but just didn't take the time. I know you will be happy to be finished with everything. Hope you had a good run.

Christine - Think I could use a massage but it will have to wait. Good luck to your Pats!

Lori - Glad you a good night at work. Way to get the rest in.

Linda - Can't wait to hear how your race went today!

I got Amy Bento's Slo Mo and Hi Lo Dome yesterday. Will probably use those and Cathe together when I get back. Think I'm going to take a nap now. I feel a little wiped out.

Jackie

>Wendy...so when will you be tackling a marathon???...:)

TBH I have dreams of possibly running one in 2009. I have no idea if that will actually HAPPEN but I am thinking of working towards it....:) Is that crazy??

>..the run ended up 16.25 miles. I knew my sister was a bit off on
>the calculations...but we started a bit faster than I wanted
>as the 1st part is a lot of downhill. So the last couple of
>miles were torture on this old body!!...:)

Sorry that the run ended a bit painfully. Nice mileage though! WOW! Good for you. I hope you are kickin' back watching the games now. You deserve the R&R for sure!:)

Yay Jackie! Great time girl! You rock!

So do you see yourself running another half? Sorry it turned you off to the idea of running a full marathon. I just hope you don't regret running this half. You didn't sound too thrilled with it from what I gathered from your post. Perhaps you just need to find a different one for a 2nd go around! }(

Have a great vacation!!!

Jackie..Congrats on the half!!! I know it is awful when you feel a muscle when you 1st start off...I'm sorry...you did awesome running thru it. Boring runs can take their toll but you still did it and I am proud of you!! You so deserve a nap....

Wendy...crazy for thinking about a marathon in 2009?...There is now way that is crazy...I think you should do it...If you get a good training schedule, you will definitely finish. I am not in too much pain, just really beat. I need an Ultra and a shower and then the games!!

jackie- congratulations!!!! i am glad you did it. i can understand your feeling of not wanting to run any further than a half. i have a confession i ran the 11 miles today but i wasn't happy doing it. i know for sure i would not want to ran a marathon. congrats again on a job well done:)

wendy- crazy? you ? nah...:7 go for it girl! what is your slo mo rotation going to look like?

cathy- when is your cruise? i am so jealous...;o)

carole- enjoy that ultra you have definitely deserved it after the mileage you put in today:7 .

lori- yep it was me. have a good day today!

lorie- i hope your talk goes well.

ttyl...

Hey everyone!

Jackie - Congratulations on your 1/2! I am sorry that you didn't enjoy it very much, though! :-( It really makes a difference if the course is boring! Good job, though! And hope your pulled muscle gets better soon!

Wendy - Goodness gracious! Some people run full marathons much faster than I can complete a 1/2! I know I am slow, but that is just amazing! Congrats to Paula! Hope you are feeling better! Good for you on listening to your body! No, actually, this was my second 1/2 marathon. But the first one was called a "walk", but we ran it. Running was allowed in it.

Carole - Good job on your 16 + mile run! Enjoy the game and Ultra! Yup! I will be joining you guys for the Slo Mo!

Lorie - I would love to go to Vegas and do the Santa run! I would also love to do the Vegas Marathon! Wow....that is a very good deal for the flight and motel room!! That is great!

Cathy - I would think it is safe to have put Susan's name in, too. She probably still wanted in. Thanks for doing all of this!

Christine - LOL..enjoy the game! My DH and I had to hurry home from lunch/dinner in order for him to watch that game! He loves them both! Good job on your workout! Ahhhh! A message would feel so good right now!!! :p

Lori - I love being able to run outside all week! I hope it works out so you can get out and enjoy it! Glad you got caught up on the rest!

Sunny - Wow! Great run and weights with SM! Did you enjoy the SM? I am going to go preview mine after I finish posting!

Wendi - Glad the showing went well!

Shelley - You had me cracking up about the rich old farts! I know that has got to be rough trying to fit in workouts after 12 hour shifts! You sure do a great job, though! Hope you enjoyed your tempo run!

Well.....here goes :+ First off...after hearing Paula Ratcliff's time on a full marathon, it makes me want to go hide in a corner! LOL. I really did enjoy it! It started out cold (32 degrees) and ended up around 45ish. I felt really good all the way through and I wish I would have picked the pace up, but I am still a little unsure on how fast I can run certain distances. My time was slow, but hey, what can I say? I had fun ;-) The official times have not been posted yet, so I am not sure exactly. It was either 2:29 and something or 2:30 something. I really, really did enjoy it. That is very unexpected, because we weren't allowed to use our iPods and I didn't know how I was going to get through it without it. I thought it would be sooo boring! But it was actually quite pleasant :) My goal is to be able to run a marathon. I know it will be a very, very slow marathon...but .....a girl can dream, can't she? ;-)

I am starting to get tired now, so I am off to finally preview SLOMO!!!! Woohoo!

TTFN!

Linda

Wendy :: great job getting in a run despite being sick!…I will have to think of some gift ideas also…Hey, ’09?…are you thinkin’ Disney?

Lorie :: the Great Santa Run looks hysterical, but the packages from Philly are still just bit too steep for me right now…I saw a helluva deal back when the idea first came up and I shoulda snapped it up right away. BUT I’m hopin’ we can plan a cheetah GTG for ’08. Hope the talk with DF went in a positive direction.

Carole :: http://www.millan.net/minimations/toolminis/xtext_wow.gif 16 miles! Rock on!…yes, we fly out early Thursday morning…the ship leaves harbor Thursday night and the wedding will be on Saturday morning on Disney’s private island. Today I bought some pirate props b/c one of the nights is Hawaiian or pirate themed.

Jackie :: http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/happycelebrations/th_respect.gif WTG fightin’ through a tough HM!! Hope the nap recharged you a bit…I have two deadlines I always set for myself. 1) My Christmas shopping must be done by the end of Black Friday weekend, and 2) my taxes must be done by Valentine’s Day. Both make life SO much easier. With the Christmas shopping, I have started as early as Columbus Day weekend, but that hasn’t happened in recent years.

Sunny :: I leave Thursday…Don’t be jealous…It cost a small fortune for what is essentially a two-day cruise. I mean, a RIDICULOUS amount of money. (For what we paid, we could have cruised somewhere for a week!!) But I will get every penny’s worth, I can assure you, even if it means I come back 20 lbs. heavier. *lol*

I hope my Trainer from Hell didn't read that last line. :7

Gift exchange participants :: Wanted to mention that you will get your pollyanna's mailing address when the card list comes out (via PM). I thought I'd give that another week's time in case anyone else pops in who wants to do that.

So if you are interested in the holiday card exchange and I don't already have your mailing address from last year, please PM it to me. Speaking of the card exchange, does anyone celebrate something other than Christmas?

And sorry if I sound like a broken record about it, but you never know who's lurking or not lurking, and I just want to make sure everyone's included who wants to be.

ETA: Linda :: your post snuck by me. CONGRATS on your finish! I'm glad you enjoyed it even though you couldn't use the iPod. Sometimes I make myself run w/out it, so I don't get too attached.

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]
[font face="comic sans ms"]When I look at the smiles on all the children's faces, I just know they're about to jab me with something. http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/cartoon/homersimpson.gif

cathy- LMAO!!! just remember to enjoy yourself:) :p be sure to let me know what you think of the disney cruise. we are thinking of taking the kids on that cruise next year.

linda- congratulations!!!! you did an awesome job. oh btw- the sm i did today was stretchmax.

wendy & carole- i did get a chance to preview the 65 min fb slo mo workout and i think that is what i am going to do tomorrow and wednesday.

ttyl...

Sunny :: I will definitely be enjoying myself and making the most of it...I'll be sure to give you a review upon return :)

Cheetahs, I can't wait to get away from here for a few days. I just got a call from one of my administrators. The issue I've been having at work made the front page of today's paper in the county where I work. :( I was *just* starting to feel good about this thing.

[font face="comic sans ms"]When I look at the smiles on all the children's faces, I just know they're about to jab me with something. http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/cartoon/homersimpson.gif

Good evening Cheetahs!

I wanted to catch up with you tonight since I have an early morning at work and want to get HIS/LIS and Shoulders in before I leave in the morning.

Sunny - I've always wanted to go to a figure competition...talk about motivation! WTG on your run today!

Lorie - Great job on BC today! It was probably a walk in the park for you after BBC :7! Thinking of you tonight....okay, that sounds a little stalkerish *lol*!

Carole - Wow, what a run you had today! Enjoy the game...I'll join the "Go Pats" legion seeing as I spent most of my life in MA.

Cathy - Thanks, I got the email. Ooh, now to think of what I might want, oh goodie :D! I like your little mish-mosh last night. I hope you enjoy every minute of your cruise...you deserve to have a good time considering the circumstances. How's the tan coming? I'm so sorry the work issues have popped up again. Try not to think about it while you're away.

Christine - Mmmm, bean and rice burrito :9. I wish I could say I stuck exactly to the plan but I did sneak 5 soft peppermints (we use them as treats for the horses) during the course of the day...bad Wendi!!! I promise to be better tomorrow. What a lovely evening you had last night! I've always wanted to do that with my SO. Enjoy the game!

Lori - LOL at "BM2...never going to end". The very first time I did it I hadn't previewed it (big mistake!) and when I saw the card that says "repeat segment" for the finished combos I actually said aloud "You're @$%^&$$ nuts!!!" I'm glad that your extra long shift wasn't too bad. I hope you are able to get some good runs in this week. I'm hoping to capitalize on some good weather here, too.

Wendy - You were very wise to take it easy today. It sounds like your body knows what it needs right now. I'm currently looking at going back to school and am doing the research on that now. I wish I could change my hours but that is an impossibility in this line of work, especially since I'm the only one riding/training. I heard someone say once that "horses aren't a job, they're a lifestyle". Well, I've had enough of this lifestyle, I want a *job*. You go get that goal, girl, if that's what you want to do!!! We'll all be here cheering you on!

Jackie - Congratulations!!!! I'm sorry it started off rough but you pushed through it...WTG!!! Now, rest those very tired and sore legs. Enjoy your vacay...you certainly deserve it.

Linda - Congratulations!!!! It sounded like you had a great race! I'm curious about the "no iPod" thing...was there a reason? Probably a stupid newbie question and, since I don't even own an iPod, I was just curious. Oh boy, now we have two Cheetahs thinking about doing their first marathon. Go get 'em!

Well, I'm off to bed...pretty pathetic considering it's only 6:30 but my tank is on empty right now.

Carole :: I PM'd you...Is the game over? Who won?

Wendi :: I am thinking of some gift ideas and will post tonight, so I can get one more thing out of the way...I am wondering about Lorie, too. I hope she feels up to posting tonight...Thank you!...The tan is coming along really nicely.

Nope game is still on...thank you....I am one of those people that think things should be read. I will PM you back..

i would like to know what issue cathy is dealing with as well. especially since we are in the same field. i can't believe whatever it is is in the paper!!!

as for an update, basically, he is acting like nothing is really wrong. he still wants to be engaged but wants to hold off on any wedding plans (meaning no vegas but i am still thinking about going to be with my cheetah girls). with everything that went on this weekend, i just don't have a lot of energy to discuss it roght now. add that to the fact that i can't really say much about his mom because he just won't see my side of it as far as she's concerned. i did tell him that i would be cordial to her and exchange pleasantries and definitely be nice, but there would be no more phone calls and i would not answer her personal questions nor talk to her about anything of substance. unfortunately, this has shown me that i can't trust her and it seem to me that the whole time she was talking to me it was to get information about him.

i had a great time with my friends and really enjoyed being out and about.

i am not sure how i feel about the whole thing. i don't want to let one (albeit pretty big) argument ruin things, but i do feel a bit detached and not into it. i am hurt and it is going to take some time for that to go away. i don't like th way he reacted and i don't know if i want to be with someone who would take his mom's word over mine unconditinally.

i am just confused right now. where i was upset before, i am just feeling indifferent right now (which is usually the kiss of death for me, but then again, my relationships don't usually last past three months and this is going on a year and a half). i think the point is not to make any rash decisions right now and let some time pass. i definitely feel better today than i did yesterday and will probably continue to feel better (especially with my cheetahs in my corner!!!).

i'll keep you posted!

OK, for whoever has me for the gift swap, here are some ideas in no particular order:

[ul type= "square"]
[li]Workout DVD: am interested in Amy Bento’s Slo-Mo Challenge DVD or Eionn Finn’s Power Yoga for Happiness DVD[/li]

[li]Sweatshirt – M or L – Generally, I like plain stuff – but a crew-neck sweatshirt from someplace local to you would be cool - any color but pastels[/li]

[li]Subscription to Runner's World[/li]

[li]Water/hydration pack[/li]

[li]Socks – patterned, cozy (my feet are always cold) or fun/cutesy socks are OK – anything but the itchy kind :)[/li]
[/ul]

Lorie...you know what? I think you really have your head in this. No, do not make any rash decisions now. I can understand your indifference. Manipulative people are all over. I feel bad about his Mom as that is such a tough thing. You know it'd be way cool in LV but if it does not happen, no problem. Let your mind think about things....I feel confident you will do the right thing...

Lorie :: I will PM you...would rather not post it...I am glad that you feel better about things and think it's probably wise not to make any rash decisions at this point. I meant to add earlier...at first, I thought it was odd that he was so hell-bent on keeping the wedding plans secret from his parents (I understand the whole eloping concept, but if they found out, what's the big deal?) but seeing as how they then invited themselves (I can't even imagine), I can see why he might want to keep his distance. Sounds like there are some issues there. Still, I definitely understand your concerns. I would be feeling wary, too.

I *so* wish I could join you all in LV!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.