Cheetahs- Come visit our den! Sunday Nov 4

trooper15

Cathlete
Good morning all! I'm having a pretty nice stress free night at work. Has everyone remembered to set their clocks back? Here in the wild west of Arizona we don't set our clocks back for no one!!!

Later y'all!

ShellyC

Good morning, Shelly, and all the other cheetah babes!

Sending lots of speedy cheetah vibes to [font face= “heather” size=+1 color=red]Jackie[/font] and [font face= “heather” size=+1 color=red]Linda[/font]!!!! Run strong!
http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_goodluck.gif

Shelly :: You Arizonians got it right. :) I hate all this tomfoolery with the clocks…it makes weekday runs (during light) such a challenge. Glad tonight has been stress-free for you.

Lorie :: http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_consoling1.gif I’ll be thinking of you today and hope that whatever the outcome of your talk is, it will be for the best for you. You deserve nothing less. If turns out the wedding is postponed or called off, I say go to LV, anyway, and rock out with the cheetahs!

Wendy :: sorry that cold is plaguing you again…hope the Airborne, tea, and vitamin C do the trick.

Lori :: that is definitely a scam email and NOT authentic eBay. Glad you didn’t get snookered. Hope you enjoy a nice, long run today.

OK, I went back and searched through old threads and saw that Susan *did* say she was interested in the gift exchange and to count her in. I haven't heard from her, but I think that's probably still the case. What do you guys think? Should I go ahead and put her name in the mix and do the drawing today or should I wait for confirmation? (I was hoping to do it today b/c this week'll be a little hectic getting my stuff together for the cruise.)

I'm also happy to say I started my x-mas shopping. I went to Bath & Body Works and bought a whole bunch of Cinnamon Bun Heaven lotions. They are 50% off right now ($4/bottle) and I thought they would make great gifts for the secretaries at school and some of the ladies in my chiro office who I've become friendly with. I use the Cinnamon Bun shower gel and the lotion myself - they smell yummy!

I will be doing SC&C today plus a run.

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]
[font face="comic sans ms"]When I look at the smiles on all the children's faces, I just know they're about to jab me with something. http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/cartoon/homersimpson.gif

Good morning Cheetahs!

Shelly - You are early this morning. I wish the time would stay one way or the other. Of course, the extra hour helped this morning because I couldn't sleep anyway. Don't think I realized how closely everything was scheduled with vacations and the half marathons. I'll still try and do my best.

Christine - Did you work all of that Halloween candy and IHOP pancakes and pizza off?

Lorie - I'm not caught up on previous posts. But, will keep you in prayer that everything works out for the best.

Wendy - How are things going today?

Carole - Way to burn some calories with all the cleaning and raking leaves!

Cathy - I thought Bee Movie looked really cute. Don't know if I can drag DBF to see that. Will pm you my email address.

Linda - Good luck with your half today! Mine is in Memphis about an hour away. Will think about you too while we do this together. I start at 7 am.

Lori - Hope you got some sleep last night. I never respond to any of those messages from ebay.

The temp is in the 40's. Decided to pull out the pants this morning. Thought I would check in since I had a little time on my hands. Will check back later.

Enjoy your day!

Jackie

Jackie- Good luck for you today intrepid cheetah road warrior! I guess you'll be ready for some fun and relaxation in Tobago!!

Linda- Good luck to you too on your HM today!!! I'll be looking forward to reading your race report :7

Most important though to both of you HAVE FUN!! That's what it's all about:)

Cathy- Good morning! Susan does check in sporadically but I know when she says she wants to do something she means it and follows through. I'm sure she'd want to be included in the gift exchange.
Your cinnamon lotion sounds like a great gift idea! Hope you have a good run today.

I'll be doing a 30-40 minute tempo run when I get home. After I wake up it'll be some core work.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

ShellyC

GRRRRRRRRR! I just hit "post" and lost what I had written. Personals and all. ACK, I HATE technology sometimes!x( x( x(

Off to get coffee and then I'll try again.

Oh, and btw....GOOD MORNING CHEETAHS!:)

Okay I'm back to try again. :p

I am watching the NYC marathon coverage with great interest.

WOW...too funny! They actually SUGGEST you drink some beer post-race to aid in the recovery process! And to think all of this time, I just thought these folks that would go have some beers after a race were just hopeless lushes!:7 :p ;)

Cathy: Shhhh...don't blow my cover and go tellin' everyone how I wanted a beer after my half okay!? :p LOL
The cinnamon bun lotion/wash sounds yummy! I used to use Bath and Bodyworks stuff but it became cost prohibitive. I may just have to start buying it again though. :9

Jackie and Linda: Good luck today ladies! 2 Cheetahs running halfs on the same day! How great is that!? Linda, is this your first half? After having just completed my first I am EXTRA excited for you ladies! I can't wait to hear your stories. :)

Shelly: Why the short work out today? Is today your rest day perhaps? :p

So I felt like total crud before I got up this morning but after being up and about for a bit I feel a bit better. I'm not sure what I will do yet but I am considering shortening my planned run instead of cancelling it. My running buddy is joining me so I would hate to cancel. We haven't run together since early in my half training.

BBL!

Hi Wendy! I'm working 3 12 hr shifts in a row so it doesn't leave much time to work out. I'll do a rest day tomorrow and for today a shortened workout. Well, I couldn't find a rich old fart to marry like Anna Nichole so here I am;-)
Where are all those rich old farts anyway?
I bet you'll feel better after your run:)

I forgot earlier to offer more hugs and well wishes to Lorie!!
Hope today is a bit better for ya.

ShellyC

First of all...sending Cheetah Power to Linda and Jackie!!!! GO GIRLS!!!

I feel great this morning with the extra hour. I was actually able to get all of BM2 Scrambled Eggs in...goodness know I needed it after picking at the candy at the in-gate of the horse show all night x(. We didn't end up showing until about 6pm, ugh, but the horse was great and the kid/owner put in the best two rounds she's ever had on him so we were thrilled with that :7.

I have a bit of a time crunch here so I'll try to get to as many personals as I can...

Wendy - I'm glad you seem to be feeling better, just don't push too hard if you don't feel up to it. I would have *loved* to have had you for dinner!!! Although, dinner wouldn't haven't been until 10ish :-(. An easy week for me is somewhere between 50 and 60 hours. It's not uncommon for me to have 70 hour weeks though x( :-(. I *HATE* it...that's why I'm trying to get out of it...I want a NORMAL life.

Cathy - Sorry about the email address...check your PMs. Were you able to get a workout in last night? The wind here (and at the horse show) was incredible...thank goodness the show was indoors. Good deal at B&BW!

Lorie - Continuing to send {{{{{HUGS}}}}} and support. Hang in there sweetie!

Sunny - So, how was the figure competition? I can't wait to hear your impressions of it.

Carole - That shows what a big football fan I am LOL...couldn't even get the day right! Enjoy it today!!! I actually *love* when I get on those cleaning "binges". There is such a sense of accomplishment when you're done, almost like finishing a really hard workout!

Christine - Oh, you had me drooling reading your post yesterday. I am definitely in for a clean-eating challenge!!! I normally eat very, very clean but have gone off the deep end for about a week now and am ready to get back on track. I've been so tired this week and I know it's because of the way I've been eating so I'm starting fresh today. Today's menu...
B - Mushroom and spinach egg white omelette, coffee with skim milk
S - 1/2 cup steel cut oats with half an apple
L - salad with shrimp, nat pb on 1 slice of sprouted flaxseed bread, apple
S - Cottage cheese and a banana
D - Turkey chili (which is very clean!), steamed broccoli and peppers
S - Plain yogurt and grapes
This is pretty much how I eat most of the time and I always feel great when I do so I'm determined to get back on track

Shelly - Awesome job finishing that run yesterday :eek:! It sounded like a toughie. Did you ever give your boss an answer about the photo shoot? LOL about the "Anna Nicole" comment!

Lori - I hope you're feeling a bit more rested today! I agree that sounded like phishing. I'd be happy to send the recipe. It's so easy and only takes 45 minutes total on the stove...I'm just not sure how to translate it to a slow cooker.

I've got to get going. Work is going to be NUTS today...not looking forward to it! TTFN!

Happy Sunday cheetahs,

jackie- good luck today. i know you are going to kick butt!!!

linda- go get 'em girl. can't wait to hear your race report!!!

cathy- oh now i am going to have to make a trip to bath and body works. i used to shop there all the time. great gift idea!

shelly- enjoy your run today!! lol, re the old farts, i was wondering the same thing.:7

wendy- i truly hope you do not get sick again. enjoy your run! so what is our rotation going to look like? i haven't even opened the dvd's to look at them.

wendi- the competition was so much fun!! what an awesome experience. it's definitely something i would do again. those folks are in such great shape.

lori- sending many, many hugs your way. i am praying you and df are able to work things out as to what is best for the both of you.

carole- so when are we staring the slo mo rotation??!!

today's workout is an 11 mile run and then a segment of SM.

ttyl...

shelly-glad your work has been stress free today. of course i forgot to set my clock back. i woke up thinking that i slept soooo late, only to realize i really didn't.

cathy-i am not really looking forward to our talk today but i think the time has made some of the angry feelings dissipate. i fear that it will be like some of our fights. we won't really talk about much but act like things are back to normal. although, i am positive the wedding is called off. he said some BS about wanting it to be on his terms and by telling his parents (which in turn made them invite themselves) it is not the kind of wedding he wanted. like i said, i am sad about not being in vegas with my cheetahs, but i don't want to go by myself! i don't have anyone here who runs and would be interested in going.

as for the gift/card exchange, maybe make one more announcement about it (liek today) and let them know that you will be picking names today. i am excited to participate.

jackie-thank you for keeping me in your prayers. i need it and appreciate it immensely.

wendy-i HATE when i lose posts. i think cathy's idea of doing them in word is pretty smart. i might try that. thanks so much for your kind words and support. i can not tell you how much it means to me to know that i have the cheetahs in my corner. what wonderful women you are. hmmm...beer before a race? interesting. as for feeling like crud, maybe you shouldn't work out. don't stres your body.

wendi-thanks for the hugs. it means so, so much. all of scrambled eggs...you go girl!!!

sunny-thank you for your support. i know things will work out for the best. it may not end in us being together, but it will be for the best. i TRULY believe everything works out the way it's supposed to!!!

i am not sure if i am going to work out today. i want to go meet one of my best friends and talk to her about this whole thing. she always gives good advice. i would like to ocome back and do some 4DS kickboxing as i picture df's mom's face!!! x(

hopefully, i will get the chance to be back later with an update.

you and your support is so meaningful and helpful. it warms my heart. :)

Good morning cheetahs

Shelly..I am jealous of you not having to go thru the Daylight savings crap! I read that Ryan had an enlarged heart, but was cleared to run. Not sure that was the factor but after the autopsy they should know more. So one more 20 miler and then the taper after your challenging 11 mile run. You are so ready for your Marathon. Enjoy your 30-40 mile tempo run and core work.

Cathy...I did the stand up one once, as I prefer the booth. Good workout yesterday. I love Bath & Body works. Moonlight Path is my favorite...Their sales are awesome! Have fun with SC&C and a run.

Jackie..GOOD LUCK! I rarely sleep well the night before a race. They say it is important to sleep well at least 48 hours before the race...pants would be a good idea in those temps.

Wendy...I would do CardioX before a short run sometimes. So you are watching the NYC marathon with great interest??? :)...Hope you feel better as the day goes on.

Wendi...funny about the football but College is played on Sat, and I prefer Pro on Sun. Yes it did feel good to clean and rake. I seemed to just put a dent in the leaves....we have 3.5 acres and around our house is a huge area to rake. (No, I don't rake the whole lot!!) Good job with Scrambled eggs, I love that premix. I hope work is not too crazy for you today.

Sunny...I think we could start tomorrow. I think Amy is making up a rotation. I will check it out. or we could just wing it. Have fun with your 11 miles and Sm today.

Lorie...I hope you and df can talk today. As he has been good up to this point maybe just talking everything over would be good. it could very well be cold feet about getting married. You'll be in my thoughts again today.

Linda...I bet you will do fine running this half solo! GOOD LUCK!!! I hope you can join Wendy, Sunny and I doing Slo-mo next week.

Lori..I bet you did pick up the pace while DS was crying. Asics are good shoes and I would think after 8 months you do need a new pair!!

Our friend from church came over to help DH with the floor molding yesterday. We are almost done and soon I can post some pics. Today is a 10-12 mile run with my sister and friend. A course we have not done for awhile so I am not real positive on the distance. Then I will look forward to the Football game of the year. Pats/Colts!

Have a great day..:)

Hi cheetah babes!

This will be a quick post as I am starting to get chills. Workout done! I really like SC&C...the core work in this one is growing on me. (I'm a bit challenged when it comes to hip thrusts. :)) Gorgeous weather out there today. Put in the usual 3 miles...the fresh air was welcome. Just downed a super-tasty banana nut bread/pb protein shake and now I'm off to squeeze in a tanning session.

OK, so last call for participation in our holiday gift exchange!! Please post/PM me ASAP if you'd like to join. Details were posted in y'day's thread. :) :) :) Right now we have 10 participants. It's gonna be so much fun!!!

BBL for personals...I promise!

[font face="comic sans ms"]When I look at the smiles on all the children's faces, I just know they're about to jab me with something. http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/cartoon/homersimpson.gif

Happy Sunday to everyone!

First – I have to get this out of the way – GO PATS!!! Now I feel better. :+ I had a really nice evening last night. DH scheduled our massages (he got them for me and him for my birthday) so we had those at 6PM – I had a Swedish massage - it was very nice. Beautiful place. Then we went for a nice dinner, then home to sleep as we were exhausted! Today will be S&H C&B, and some yoga, then of course the Pats/Colts game.

GO JACKIE GO!!

GO LINDA GO!!

Lorie – You must just be beat! I know how exhausting such emotional times are! Hope you two can work it out, and if not, you find your path to true happiness! I would have a big issue with the wedding being on HIS terms. It’s your wedding too. And it was really rude of his parents to invite themselves. They should respect your wishes of having it just be the two of you. Any way you can still go to Vegas by yourself and hang with Shelly and Carole? Do what you need to do workout-wise. A few days off won’t hurt you.

Lori – that email from eBay was not from eBay – they would never ask that information. It’s easy to “spoof” email addresses. Glad you didn’t send it to them!

Shelly – I set my clocks back. It nice to see daylight at 6:30. I guess we’re all back on normal time again. You Arizonans have it right, I swear. Glad work was fairly stress free! Enjoy your run and core work!

Cathy – Go ahead and put Susan in. I’m sure she’s still in. She loves this kind of stuff. Great job on the Christmas shopping! I started, too – bought for my nieces and nephew in England – it takes time to get there. Adopted some animals from the World Wild Life Fund for them. They get a stuffed animal, a photos of that animal, and a story about the plight it’s in. All the kids love stuffed animals, and my nephew is really into animals, so I thought that would be good.

Jackie – You’re amazing with all your races! I was very good yesterday, and plan to be today as well. LOL. Good luck on your race!

Wendy – HATE THAT!!! What’s wrong with wanting a beer after a half? Are you supposed to carb load? :+ A beer always tastes so good after a run like that. Glad to hear you’re feeling better! Have fun with whatever you decide to do!

Wendi – I enjoyed the extra hour, too, although I was up at my usual time. I love BM2 Scrambled Eggs! Great to hear about the show and the kid/owner doing so well! Love you menu for today! Can I come over? LOL. Here’s mine:
B – egg white omelet with spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms and some chicken
S – smoothie with protein power, flax seeds, banana and blueberries
L – Chicken Taco salad – no shell, salsa dressing
S - Bean and Rice burrito
D – Roasted Chicken (breast meat only), rice and a salad

Sunny – Good luck on your 11 miler! Your race is coming up, isn’t it? How exciting!

Carole – I’m looking forward to seeing your finished photos! Enjoy your run! And GO PATS!!! :+

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

christine-actually, i feel pretty good today. i have a bit more clarity (especially after hearing the cheetah's advice and talking to my best friend). i have decided i am going to tackle boot camp as i have never tried it (just got it). after, i am going to shower and go meet some friends for lunch. df (?) said he would be here around 3, so i'll plan on being back then.

carole-it is comfortine to know you are thinking of me. i feel so much stronger knowing the cheetahs are in my corner! i think i have decided that regardless of the outcome, now is not a good time to get married and it will be put off indefinitely.

cathy-don't forget me for both the card and gift exchange!

i will keep you posted.

wish me luck on BC as i have heard it's tough!

Good Day Cheetahs!:)

Its taking me forever to catch up with threads today cause I am playing with DS in the meantime. Im pretty sure I will have to write so much, then reread and edit:)

I had a much better night at work last night. I rested from 11:30-4:30:) then slept from 8:30-11:30 at home. I feel good. Im hoping for even more rest tonight b/c I won't get to bed tomorrow morning. I decided to keep DS here with me considering I only have 2 days off and back on Wed morning. I was looking at the weather channel yesterday and seen all the good weather comming our way this week...thinking I could run allllll week! FORGETTING that I am back to work! BLAH!:-( I should be able to run Mon,Tues,Fri and Sun if the weather stays the way its suppose to. Prehaps i will up my mileage somedays!

Cathy** I am very excited about the gift exchange...I love getting presents!:) :) LOL I hear ya on sitting around in sweaty clothes to. I do it to often and end up getting quit chilly and need a hot bath more then a shower.

Lorie** I hope your BF as some good advice for ya. Im not good at advice but I am good at listening.

Wendy** Have fun with your run!

Wendi** I love srammbled eggs, its one of my fav. The first time I did it, I didn't think it was ever going to end

Shelly** I didn't know we were working the same schedule this weekend. But you didn't have to work an extra hour last night! It didn't really matter to me cause I slept through it anyway:)

Sunny** Enjoy your workout! I think your the one running 11 miles today? I wish I were!!!

Carole** Yeah, I love my asics and probably won't buy any other brand for a while. Looking forward to seeing those pics! Enjoy your run...AGAIN...SO JEALOUS! hehe

Jackie** I didn't respond to the email and DH said I should forward it to ebay. I thought it was weird last night when I logged into my ebay act and the same exact message wasn't in my inbox.

Christine** Glad to hear you had a good day yesterday!

Im not sure what todays workout will be but it will probably be no more then an hour.

Alright, have a good day everyone!
Im gonna check to see if I missed anyone

Lori:)

Back for personals!

Gift exchange participants :: please check your email…you should have received an email from Cheetahrunners with the subject line: Cheetah gift exchange!! :) Whenever you’re ready, you can post your wish list to the thread, so your Secret Cheetah can start shopping for you!! *squeals* Oh, I love this! It's so much fun shopping for others.

Jackie :: Bee Movie was a clever, feel-good little flick with some good chuckles in it for the adults. I’m partial to Jerry ~ just love how he delivers. Looking forward to your and Linda's race reports.

Shelly :: I believe you’re right…I went ahead and put Susan’s name in. Enjoy your run & core work. I think it’s sort of a risk to buy scented anything for someone, but I’ve done chocolates and Wawa (local convenience store) gift cards for our secretaries, so I just want to change it up. This scent is pretty mild. I hope they like it. *lol* about the rich, old farts. If you find any, point me in the right direction.

Wendy :: no worries…I have gone for beers after evening races before. Sometimes a beer and pasta party is part of the event. Gotta love those! I got away from using Bath & Body stuff, too – for the same reason as you – but I find I can get a decent deal with sales/coupons.

Wendi :: late night for you! Glad the showing went well. I did work out last night – went with 4DS C&B and KM w/u and kick/punch combos. Sorry work's gonna be crazy today.

Sunny :: hope you had a great 11-miler. SM after sounds wonderful.

Lorie :: I’m gonna take a look-see at those LV flights again and see if they might have dropped. Still thinking of you. Let us know how it goes. BC followed by some girlfriends time sounds like just the thing to work through some of this. You will do great with BC. Are you kidding? You’re an animal, Ms. Double Barry! ;) :7

Carole :: enjoy today’s run! Can’t wait to see the pics of the finished floor.

Christine :: go PATS!!! :) I know nothing about football, so I might as well join your bandwagon. :) A couples massage + dinner sounds fabulous. I think I am going to schedule a cabana massage for myself when I’m in the Bahamas. Aren’t I terrible? I refuse to buy them a gift, but I’m going to parasail and get a massage. What a thoughtful gift the World Wildlife Fund animals will be for your nieces and nephew. No wonder DD14 is so socially conscious.

Lori :: glad you had a better night at work…enjoy your workout!

OK, I have to run out for a bit…to pick up some things for the cruise.

Good Afternoon Girls.

I ended up going for my run but I only lasted for a slow 2.50 miles before I decided to stop. I could definately feel the difference being under the weather so I didn't push it. I'm glad I went though.

I've been watching the marathon coverage since I got home. They are predicting the women's winner to come in at about 2:20! AMAZING!

I've eaten lunch and am now brewing my java. I will make DS his lunch once the women's winner crosses the finish line and then hopefully I'll get to see the men's winner cross and finally I think it will be nap time for BOTH OF US!;)

I'll be back for personals once I grab my java!

BRB!

Shelly: Okay you are forgiven for such a short work out today. ;)

Wendi: So are you job hunting currently or just trying to cut your hours at your current job?

Sunny: I was going to do a faux X rotation using heavy weights but I think I will do the same just switch to endurance instead after I try out Slo Mo this week!

Lorie: Well I did work out today but I listened to my body and took it slow and short. I don't think I'm any worse for the wear. I hope you got to talk to your BF and were able to figure some things out.

Well the women's winner Paula Radcliffe came in at 2:23! I'm off to make lunch for DS. I'll finish personals later on!

BFN!

i just finished boot camp (the original). i really enjoyed it. i liked how it kept moving from one thing to the next. i was scared of the terminators but think they are much easier than the burpees from hell!!! now, i am going to jump in the shower and get ready to go meet the girls for lunch (and possibly an adult beverage).

cathy-costco has GREAT travel deals to vegas. df and i wer going to fly out on thursday, stay at the bellagio, and fly back on monday for about $550 each. oh how wonderful it qwould be if we could get all the cheetahs out there for the santa run!!!

well, off to shower.

i'll try to be back later to fill you all in. if i don't make it back, you know you will all be in my thoughts.

Christine..I am really looking forward to the game and hope its a nail biter!

Lorie...we are always in your corner. I hope the talk goes well. You know it would still be fun if you wanted to do LV anyways. I can understand completely if you don't want to go, but Shelly and I would love to hang with you. And my sisters are pretty silly themselves! Way to go with the original BC!! That is a tough one.

Lori...I normally get stuck on certain shoes brands myself.

Cathy...the run was fun just a bit longer than initially figured! So your sisters wedding is this weekend?

Wendy...good job listening to your body. Wow Paula did well, I cannot even imagine running that fast for a marathon!!

So, the 10-12 mile run turned into 16.25 miles!!! Needless to say I am wiped out. We started way too fast and I paid for it the last couple of miles...sleep sounds nice but I sure do not want to miss this game!!! Off for a nice warm shower and then some Football...http://smilies.sofrayt.com/sae/football4.gif[/img]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.