***CHEETAHS***brisk sunday running...

Good morning cheetahs

My DH and I celebrated our 28th Anniversary yesterday..:)...We went out to a new vegetarian/organic restaurant last night. Very Good!!!

Cathy...That was just the weirdest thing about the temp drop the other day! Yes we are done with the house and packing...Karen, Mike and I did have a beer as we burned the last of the leftover wood stuff in a big burn pile. So kind of a toast...:)..I did get your email, but have not had time to reply yet. Hopefully later today. Looks like a great workout and no so uncomfortable run yesterday...:)

Karen...So sorry about your Mom. I was very close to my Dad and am so thankful his death was fast so I did not have to watch him suffer. My heart goes out to you sweetie...Don't worry about the overeating, it is common during this kind of stress. Sending {{{HUGS}}} and you are all in my continued prayers...

Dallas...Funny abut the crunchy! That is what my MT says about my feet!! I agree as my MT finds ALL those painful spots you did not know you had.

Christine...luckily this was not my childhood home as I grew up in Southern Cal, but my parents moved to this one about 1984 so there were plenty of memories. Both Karen and I agreed we were so tired of the house from all the moving that it is easier to let it go. Thanks for the Hugs...:)..great job with the 30 mile bike ride and taking Jimmy to the park for some exercise!

Shelly...I have trouble getting my biceps sore too. 4DS did get them a bit last week. I ended up doing ITR also yesterday. It did help with a bit of stress...Glad to be out of that house!

Gloria...WOW, my DH would love to have 100 acre parcel to hunt on. Most of the time he does go with someone but for some reason it bothers me when he goes alone. I have watched too many CSI's!! I sure hope the owners can get things taken care of so your DH does not loose his hunting spot. Beau has issues with the bathroom trash too...interesting. Congrats on signing up for your 1st marathon!!! Napa is March 1st. 11 degrees yesterday????
swoon1.gif

Jackie...Congrats on doing so well in the HM even with the cramps!! Do you drink any kind of sports drinks? The Enlyten strips at Rite Aid might also help with cramping. Sounds like great food at the end. Did your boss qualify? Thanks re: the house. I am glad to be DONE!

We are all done at my Moms!!! Yippee!!! I am doing a 16 mile run this morning and then have to go to a dreaded Baby shower...Hopefully I can watch some FB later...:)

Have a great day...

Last edited:
Good morning ladies!

I'm so very sorry that I have to, for the most part, skip personals this morning:eek:. I only have a little bit of time before I head out to work. I should be back tonight with the complete version, though.

Karen - Oh, hon, I'm so, so, sorry for what you're going through. {{{{{HUGS}}}}} and then some. My heart breaks for you and your family right now. I'm just glad that we are here, at least in some capacity, for you to unload, share, vent, whatever you need. I completely understand about you needing to just get it out there. Right now isn't about beating yourself up over what you eat or don't eat...you have enough to deal with right now. It's just not that important right now, okay? ITA with Christine about contacting hospice now...MK's husband had nothing but wonderful things to say about them. DO take care, sweetie!

Jackie - WOW!!!!! AWESOME JOB!!!! Congrats on the terrific time and on pushing through those last couple of tough miles! That was quite the spread they had there for you...sorry it didn't completely agree with you though:confused:. How are you feeling today? I hope you're all snuggled up and in veg mode right now:D.

I have to admit that I had a great time at the party last night...although I got home *much* later than I had wanted to (around midnight). The party was a bit drawn out so I really couldn't leave any sooner. Of course, my favorite partner-in-crime (BF) was there so we had a blast providing our own running commentary of the evening's festivities and fashion *lol*:p:D. My one peeve the whole night was how loud the music was:confused::eek:. OMG!!!! I've been in clubs that were quieter:rolleyes:. Between the latin and club beats going on all night I felt like I was still vibrating when I left there lol!

Gotta get motoring and get to work here in a bit. I've got a late night there so I probably won't be back here before 7 or so. Enjoy your Sunday ladies!

Jackie- Your race was fabulous!!! I am so impressed with how well you did!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Karen- Reading your post brought back a flood of memories from 1988 when we pretty much watched my Mom go through similar stages of Brain Cancer. I so remember how my Mom did not recognize her own home , and that is when it became apparent to us that the end was near. IA agree with Christine about contacting Hospice soon. Please do not worry about the stress eating. It will pass. And come here as often as you like to vent. I look for your post every day to check on you. (((HUGS)))

Carole- Happy anniversary! 28 years is an accomplishment indeed!!!! Have a great run today and stay warm. Hopefully the baby shower will be quick and painless. It may require you to chant in your head silently 'serenity now' And hopefully you can catch some good FB afterwards to relax!

Last edited:
Karen: Just wanted to send hugs, prayers and support your way. ITA with the others. Don't get down on yourself for the eating right now. It will pass and you will be fine. ((((HUGS)))))

Happy Sunday All!

HAPPY ANNIVERSERY CAROLE!!!! 28 years? Wow! Impressive! Glad the restaurant was fabulous! Glad it was not your childhood home, but, I can imagine that after everything you’ve gone through the last few weeks, you are ready to let it go. Happy to hear you are done! Enjoy the run! Sorry you cannot get out of the Baby Shower and on a football day!!!! :mad:

Wendi – sounds like you had a good time last night. I hate loud music – it hurts my ears!

Man, did I sleep well! I did not want to get up. I have not been hungry the last few days, which I’ve really been enjoying! I’m not sure if it’s because of the headaches or if it’s because I reduced the amount of cardio I do. I’ve switched to separating weights and cardio. I, unfortunately, believe that it’s because of the headaches – or whatever is causing them. I don’t have one today, but I’m a little stuffy. :confused: I plan to take Jimmy out today – either for the hike (if DH is up for it) or for the run I meant to do yesterday. DH is not feeling too well, so I’m not sure he’ll be up for a hike.

Morning Ladies,

First, I have to say:

:)Jackie!!!:) ~ WTG!! Awesome time especially in those temps!!! :eek: Enjoy that post race high! :) I was thinking of you all day as I was freezing just about everywhere I went. I couldn't imagine running in that. :eek: My feet went numb too at about mile 9. I blamed it on the shoes.LOL:p I bet you slept like a baby during your nap!:D

Carole ~ Happy 28th Anniversary!!!

I'll come back after I read the rest of the posts!

Hiya cheetahs! Well, I broke my resolution to boycott iTrain. I signed up for the monthly motivator and will add to my collection for the next few months. I do really like their workouts. Anyway, I purchased iTread#8 and got in a great workout and tacked on some at the end for an 8 mile run.... felt great!

Tomorrow I accompany DH to Martinsburg, WV to a VA hosp for an appointment and we'll do some major shopping on the way back. I hope to get a good start on holiday shopping. It should be a pretty trip anyway. I Love West Va!!

Cathy- Sorry to hear that you are dealing with a nasty case of ITB. Dealt with it myself after running my first marathon still injured with a groin pull.... brainless of me I know. I guess trying to compensate for the pain in the groin I put too much stress on the ITB band and I was quite a mess afterwards. Anyway, you've already researched and are well aware of the best things to do for this. I can only add my enthusiastic backing of use of the foam roller... it really made the difference in my case anyway. I was recovered from it after about 4-6 weeks.

Karen- Just joining in with the cheetahs in sending you another huge {{{{{HUG}}}}}. I PM'd ya.

Christine- Great that you got in a good stress relieving bike ride... and a fun hike today too! Jimmy will be in doggy heaven! Sorry you are dealing with nasty headaches... I find those to be appetite killers also!

Carole- HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! We still have a year and a half to even get to #25. We waited til rather late in life to make the big step. You and your DH must have been quite young... KUDOS to you two for hanging in there thru thick and thin!!!!!! wow.... an honest to God for real vegetarian restaurant??? No such critter anywhere in site around here I'm afraid, not that Jerry would go there anyway! Hooray for finally being done with that massive moving task... it should make your run great today! Good luck sitting thru that shower today.... you have my UTMOST sympathy!!!!

Wendi- Great that you had a good time partying last nite... IA about the loud music. I find it quiet annoying to have to shout practically to be heard. Hope your work days goes well for you.

Wendy- Just poppin in with banner messages today? Whatcha up to?

Judy- So is all that beautiful family of yours gonna be home for the holidays? Any runs this weekend--- braving the elements outside?

Dallas- It is FREEZING in your part of the country!! For this last marathon (temps in the 20s) I couldn't feel my feet for at least 5 miles! I used those warmers that you open up and shake to activate... worked great for the hands but not practical to use for running shoe inserts I'm afraid. anyway... hope you stay warm and don't have to go out too much today!

Jackie- Congratulations again on your fabulous accomplishment! Hope you are enjoying your Sunday and resting on your laurels!

Later today I'll be doing LIC lower body circuit and fry those legs again:eek:

tata

Christine ~ The snow was a light snow, but constant the last few days. The problem is it's so cold that there's a lot of ice under the snow. My ABS has been working overtime! :eek: It's a little frightening when my car is going one way, but supposed to be going another. :eek: Do you think you may have a sinus infection? Healing {{{VIBES}}} Thank you for your kind words the other day...I'm a little behind on my personals. :eek: Yeah, that's an appropriate title for B&G Leg Blast premix. :eek:;)

Karen ~ IA with Judy and Christine...Hospice was a tremendous help w/my mom. We really should have called earlier. I was a bit in denial myself. :( (((HUGS))) It's never going to be easy to make that call.

Wendi ~ Enjoy your day at work. :)

Carole ~ It's weird, isn't it that they find those spots. She asked me how I was feeling and I said pretty good...that soon changed. Well, hopefully this will take care of that. Glad your mom's house is DONE! Yippee! enjoy your 16 miler. At first, I thought, **huh** watching FB (Facebook), then it hit me. :p enjoy the games. Oh, I don't know that there's tissue damage. He just said *if* there is. We'll see how this MT goes first.

Cathy ~ Glad your modification on your run helped. I'd be glad to modify if I could run pain free. :confused: Yeah, glad I'm not the only one crunchy! We could change our names to the Crunchy Cheetahs! ;) That cartoon pix was too funny!:D re: your Tech class...maybe it's good those shy ones signed up. I was always shy in school. Maybe that would have helped? I was happy too with where I was running wise. Now I feel like I'll have to start all over. UG!H!

Jackie ~ That pilates definitely works the right areas.;) It's a premix on her Brand New Butt DVD. I thought I'd pull out some lower body workouts that I don't normally do. I'll stick with no/light weight work for lower body for a bit. How are you feeling today? Thanks for the pie recipe...better wait until I can burn some major calories before I make it though! ;) I finally saw your window treatment pictures. We have similar taste. :)

Brighton ~ Oh dear...how are you feeling today? Did you get that 6.5 mile run? How did the pinched nerve feel after that? Take care. Hope the throat thing went away too.

Shelly ~ IA, I love ITR the most. Fun choreography, music, etc. I do heart that bag workout though in Rumble. Yep, i hope massage therapy will do the trick. It's a busy time anyway, so maybe lighter workouts will be just the ticket. IA, it's hard to get bicep DOMS. I know PUB gave me some when I first started using that DVD. My chest was still talking to me y-day, however from GS-CT. ;) DS5 was sitting on my lap and every time his head moved...I was :eek: lol

Gloria ~ Thanks for the recipe!! I hope to make it this week. :) Bet that nap was great. I could have used one too y-day. I felt so tired the whole day. I hate when that happens. Did you get that treadmill run in too?

Wendy ~ Sounds like you're enjoying the bells too? Where did you buy your bells? Which workouts did you get?

Judy ~ I got my in laws one of those digital frames last year. I was excited about it too. :) Today, I'll finish the stocking stuff as well. :) How is your foot?

Linda ~ Thanks for explaining the Squeeze workouts. Sounds similar to Slim series (light weights/high reps)???

Posh ~ See above what I said to Carole about the chiro. How were the stores? It's been pretty dead around here. Usually I don't like to venture out to stores as Christmas gets closer, but it's been fine.

Well, I'm meeting some friends for shopping and dinner. I won't be home until later. Oh, y-day I did EXT and Tracey's yoga. It was an aiight (as Posh would say ;)) workout. I need to shake things up here...the boredom is setting in w/the EXT. I've been looking into Pilates Reformer or Gravitron classes. Anyway, today is a rest day. However, I didn't want to take one.

Hi to any Cheetahs I may have missed.

Have a great day!

Shelly ~ Posting at the same time...yep, you don't have to tell me that. Somehow, the girls picked an outdoor mall to shop at today! :eek: Maybe I'll chicken out and hibernate. :p iTrain does have some great workouts. I posted a question to you in the yahoo group. Do you still sign in there? Otherwise I can repost here in a PM.

Shelly: I'll be heading to my FIL's girfriend's house for our annual holiday visit/gift exchange/dinner shortly. Enjoy your roadtrip tmrw. Sounds like fun! :) Have fun with your ITrain work outs. I *heart* them but I think everyone knows that by now. ;) Oh and by the way, when I was referring to KB work outs the other day I meant kettlebell as opposed to kickboxing. :D

Dallas: I have several kettlebell work outs: KB Goddess, Extreme Cardio Kettlebell Work Out, Kettlebell your way to a perfect body volumes 1 & 2, Iron Core Way Volumes 1&2 and Kettlebell Bootcamp are the ones I recall off the top of my head. I love them all but some more then others. Have fun shopping and at dinner.:)

Afternoon, cheetahs!

A very quick post here…Been on-the-go all morning, visiting my sis & BIL in PA, getting cards done, etc. Taking a moment here to catch up with you lovelies as I decompress from the ride on the Schuylkill
th_zombieeyes.gif
, and then it’s off to tackle major schoolwork which cannot be put off. A workout, unfortunately, seems unlikely, but there's no time to be sour about it. :)

Onto personals:

Karen—so sorry for the nightmare you are going through. Major (((HUGS))). IA, forget about the food. You don't need to be hard on yourself right now.

Jackie—how do you feel today?

Christine—yes, we can absolutely hang in there for two weeks (+ two days for me). :) :) :) Countdown is ON! Nice job with a chilly 30 yesterday. Hope you are not coming down with something.

CaroleHappy anniversary! 28 years is truly something else nowadays…Cute thread title. It is extremely brisk here today. No rush on the email—I am so far behind in everything these days—I totally understand! :D Yesterday wasn’t too bad with the ITB. I saw your post in the OD and see a mistake I was making was to ice only on days it was hurting me. So, TY—good to know! Congrats on getting the house done! Hope the shower today wasn’t too painful. I have one coming up I will not be able to duck out of.

Shelly—hope you can knock out a good portion of your shopping list tomorrow. Heading out on a Monday seems like a good plan. I have to say, I am feeling much better after yesterday’s run than the previous one (after which it hurt just to walk for two days). I seriously suspect the heel lift may have been the culprit. Were you rolling and icing daily, too?

Dallas—*lol* about us being Crunchy Cheetahs. :) Have fun shopping & eating with friends. The classes sound like a great way to head off the boredom as you take care of that hip.

Posh—where ya at with those stamps? :D Thought you were comin’ over to help me plow through this pile. *lol*

Alright, I’m officially caught up.

Hi to everyone else! Hope you’re enjoying your Sunday.

Shelly – Good job on the 8 mile run! It’s tough to boycott good workouts even if you don’t always agree with the business practices. Glad you had a good run. Enjoy your shopping trip tomorrow!

Dallas – oooh, ick – ice under snow is a major issue! I can imagine that you’re very thankfully for those ABS right now!! I once went sideway down a mountain in my little Jetta so I know the feeling of the car supposed to being heading one way but going another. Sounds like a fun day for you! You need it. Enjoy it!

Cathy – I think I’m okay – figure if I can run when I haven’t been running lately, I can’t be too sick. Just the weather. Yeah – two weeks – we can handle that. We won’t count the 2 days for you. :D

I did go for a run with Jimmy! :D:D:D:DTook Grace along and did iTread 6 Outdoors. I run all but the last ½ mile (well, ran 6 minutes, walked 1) so I ran 4.5 miles. I was pretty impressed with myself for not having run in a long time. Jimmy had a blast too. I finished off with a nice 20 minute “Hip opener” yoga workout from the new one I have – LOVE IT! Off to shower, get my nails done, then go catch the Pats play.

Hi everyone!

Shelly: Yeah, getting into kitty litter would be worse! :eek: Thanks re: the marathon. It was emotional for me just signing up. It is a huge commitment. Do you have a workout room? DH has a heavy bag from way back in the day, but it just sits in the garage now.

Cathy: How are you doing? It sounds like this ITB flare up is really frustrating you. :( Keep on with the rolling and ice. You are right about Cid and Sandy, there are not many people whom I cherish so much. Glad I could make you laugh. :) I got to see Sandy's son who is in the Air Force. He has grown up so much in just a couple months. He is going to be stationed in Korea. He leaves on Wednesday. His job is to be in charge of ammunitions. He is the one who pulls the trigger I guess. Scary. He is so young. You are so deserving of the compliment! :)

Karen: (((HUGS))) I wish I had the words of wisdom to help you through this.

Christine: How was the hike? I would love to be in California right now. :) DH and I used to take Ellie to the dog park in MT. I had never heard of one before that. DH and I miss MT so much.

Carole: Ellie only gets in the trash when we are gone for a while. I think it is her way of saying "you suck for leaving me alone for so long!" With Pip, when she is in the house and not sleeping, she is always after it. It is just gross. What will the weather be like for the March marathon? We are up to 14 degrees today! :eek: How was the long run? Hope you got in some football! Happy aniversary! :)

Dallas: I just have to tell you that your avatar always makes me smile! :) The nap was good. I did end up running 3 miles last night. I hope you like the soup. :)

Got in 3 miles last night. Boy am I tired. I've got some school work to do. No workout today.

Hope all are having a great day! :)

Hey there!

Jackie - Congratulations on your race! You did great! Don’t you hate those nasty cramps!! They have gotten me in the last 3 races I have done L How are you feeling today?

Carole - Happy anniversary! Congratulations! Glad you had a good dinner! Enjoy your 16 miler and the dreaded BS ;)

Shelly- Cool! You should come on down to Charleston and visit! Hope you have a good trip!

Wendi - Glad you had a good time at the party, even though you had to deal with the loud music! Sounds like fun! :)

Karen - I am so sorry for all that your mom and your family are going through. Life really does throw us some painful curves L You guys are in my prayers. I agree with everyone else, goodness….do not worry about the stress eating, at all! This is one of the hardest things a person has to go through in their lives.

Cathy - LOL….Yep…some people at VF said they sold Squeeze “right away” because it was not difficult enough. LOL….I must really be a weenie…it seems like I just get more and more sore :eek: France, Italy…Greece! Can I go with you??

Gloria - Yes, DH does tie flies. LOL….He cracks me up when I watch him. He looks sooo serious while he is doing it J Hope your DH enjoys the Fly tying show! I am sure mine would like to be there! :) Good job on signing up for your marathon!!

Christine - I am sorry your are having such a time with the headaches! I do know when I cut down on mileage after the marathon….my appetite went waaay down! Hope DH feels better, as well as you! Enjoy whatever you decide to do, whether it is the hike or run!

Dallas - You’re welcome for the Squeeze info! I will have to add on thing…it seems like the more I do these, the tougher they get! I think it is because I am so sore…and I think I am catching on to the form a little more (maybe) ;)

Hey to everyone! What a whirlwind this weekend has been!

Yesterday I ran 4 miles and did Sq. Stronger.

This morning I ran 5.5 miles and did Sq. Lower Body Challenge, the abs and windshield wiper moves from the first Squeeze.

Hope everyone has a good evening! I have got to get busy and get some laundry done!

Hi Cheetahs! Thanks for the congrats on my race. I did shave off 12 minutes from my last half. I'm pretty proud of that. I'm hoping they will post the results soon.

Shelly - I didn't train with any of the Powerade or Gatorade. I was scared to drink any during the race. I could feel all that water sloshing around in my tummy and it wasn't a good feeling. Even with the Clif Blok, I could only get one down. I've never cramped before. I did take note of it and will definitely try some different things before I attempt or if I attempt another half. Enjoy your new iTreads! Guess it's ok to get some new workouts and Grace does get the job done.

Karen - So sorry to hear things have gotten worse for your mom. She is constantly in my prayers. I know how I felt when my Dad didn't recognize any of us in the end. You have a lot on your mind and can see why you would resort to eating. But, don't worry about that right now. You do whatever it takes to get you through this. ((((HUGS))))

Carole - Happy Belated Anniversary to you and DH! Don't do any kind of sports drinks. Thanks for all the suggestions to help me get through my next half. I'll talk to boss in the morning to see how he did.

Wendi - The old legs are still sore. It hurts to walk. It hurts to go to the bathroom. I did make it to church and afterwards visited my mom. Helped her to get her Christmas cards done. Hope you had a good day at work.

Judy - How did DS game go?

Christine - Glad you slept well and you're able to put your finger on what might be triggering your headaches. Glad you and Jimmy had a nice hike. Good job on the run! Hope DH is feeling better.

Dallas - My body was so sore I couldn't take a nap but I did stay glued to the couch. Didn't sleep well last night either. Every time I moved I could feel sore muscles. I'm the only one here to eat the pie I made. So, I have to have small servings. Should have frozen half of it. I need to check out the Yahoo group. So, we have similar taste in home decor? Hope you had a good rest day.

Wendy - Have fun at dinner.

Cathy - Hope you got a lot accomplished even though the workout had to be moved to the back burner. When is the next skiing trip for you? I'm moving slowly but moving. RP told me he had to ice his knees and may need to take a break for 10-14 days. I'm looking forward to an easier week.

Gloria - Good job on your 3 miles yesterday. Hope you got some rest in there between the school work.

Linda - So, what do you do for your cramps? That was my first time ever cramping. But, that was also my first time running less than a 10:00 minute mile. Good job on your runs.

Need to go and find a nice easy workout for tomorrow and then I'm back to vegging on the couch. Maybe some of this soreness will be gone by tomorrow.

Jackie - LOL...I have "never" run a race in less than a 10 minute mile! :eek: (Except the Poca River Run, which was 9.3 miles) You did so good! It seems that once I really start cramping, it is too late for me. I keep it up throughout (at least off and on) the race :( Afterwards, I drank lots of sports drink and ate pretzels. That seemed to do the trick. I guess I am just dehydrated?? So, you only drank water? That "may" have been it if you sweated a lot. You may have been depleted of sodium and potassium. Even when it is cold....I end up sweating a lot after the first few miles. My running buddy barely breaks a sweat...even in the heat. I just don't get it!

Hi Ladies,

Since I'm waaayyy past my bedtime and wide awake, I thought I'd pop in here. We had so much fun. Who would have thought shopping could be so much fun! I was glad I was done before I went...so there was no pressure. Guess who we saw when walking out of the restaurant?!?!?....Drew Peterson!!! The girl he was with looked like his missing wife. I'm not kidding about that.:eek: All the girls agreed. The one store we shopped at after dinner was closed to the public and had waiters walking around. LOL! Now THAT is the way to shop! ha ha!:p:D

Jackie ~ I remember being so sore after my half. Take it easy! Yeah, I posted about our similarities on the yahoo group. :)

Linda ~ WTG!!! on your workouts! Have you seen the Firm Wave informercial? I was on the EXT the other day, but I have to say it intrigued me. ;) I'd have to research that one. I've never done Firm workouts before.

Gloria ~ I'm glad my avatar makes you smile! :) I hope to try the soup out this week. I'll let you know. Thanks for posting it!

Christine ~ You're right, tonight is just what I needed. I was resistant. I always think the kids won't be "right" without mom. They were sleeping when I got home. :) WTG on iTread outdoors! Glad you and Jimmy had such a good time! :)

Cathy ~ Did you get all your work done? What is Schuylkill? I'm excited about the one class now. The one girl told me tonight that the pilates reformer would be a waste of my time. :( oh well...glad I know now.

Wendy ~ Thanks for listing your workouts. Next question, what poundage kettle bells did you buy. I have a 15#. I thought, maybe, kettle bell training might be a good way to cross train right now. However, I think the hip flexor is called into play on those swings!?! I only have Iron Core 1 & 2.

Nighty-night!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.