::: CHEETAHS ::: back to the Mon. grind - 6/25

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning :) ~ insomniac cheetah checkin' in here...

My back had gotten somewhat stiff by yesterday afternoon (thanks to Grandma's bump, I assume), and I woke up with some pain. Felt better to sit up for a bit, so what better to do at 3 am? :)

Christine :: sorry to hear about the hike being too intense for Kimo.

Judy :: So, with Maffetone, you subtract your age from 180 and that is the number you don't want to exceed? Is there a number at the lower end of the zone? I have a lot of hills near me, and I'm sure my HR gets jacked up then...however, I know I would mentally have a hard time with walking them.

Wendy :: I thought your race pic looked great!

Carole :: general question about the chiro...what would a first visit be like?

Today begins a new rotation, and it calls for yoga or StretchMax, which would be perfect for me today. Since I'm up so early, I'll probably knock it out before work. (I go back to work this week for committee #1. It is likely to be boring, but I'll just remind myself of the sweet paycheck coming at the end of it. Well, at the end of next month, rather.)

OK, cheetah babes, have a great Monday! Happy Pre-saling and TTYL!
Cathy :)

Good Morning Cheetahs!:)

Cathy: I hope you make it through the first meeting w/o falling asleep!;) Sorry about your back. Hope it feels better fast!

YEOW...I just looked at my rotation. I am starting a new one today too! I have GS Legs (standing segment only) and some step on tap. Gosh, I haven't stepped in weeks. This should be interesting!:p :7 ;)

So yesterday after my nap I did some housework. Once Joey got up from HIS nap, the 3 of us went to Sears so that daddy could buy some new jeans. From there we went out to eat at....Cathy-guess where we went-LOL...OUTBACK!!!!:7 I didn't mind. I didn't get a chicken sandwich. I got a pasta dish. It was yummy!:9 I was in bed before 9 last night. I started a new HP book but wasn't reading for long and when the light went out I passed out in a heartbeat! WOW, was I tired!

I don't have to work today and have no work out a the gym planned so I am thinking it's a good park day. Joey will be happy about that!:+

BBL!

Good morning Cheetah!

I don't have time for personals this morning. Have to get dressed and get out in the Nashville rush hour traffic. Convention starts today. It will be so boring sitting on a convention floor all day. Somebody will probably have to slap me to keep me awake. LOL!!

Wanted to congratulate Cathy, Shelly and Wendy on an awesome job yesterday. Great job ladies! The pictures look great too!

Rest day for me. Will see how I fare this morning and in the morning I'll probably try and get a short run in.

Have a great day ladies!

Jackie

Hey guys! I hope you all had a great weekend. Mine was fantastic, fun, and lazy all at the same time! LOL

Friday night I hosted our Ladies' Night Out Bunco game. Got to bed at 1:30am that night/morning. Saturday was DS's play off baseball game (that they lost and are now done for the season) and his baseball team swimming/pizza party....where I had several drinks. I haven't had alcohol is a LOOOOOONG time, so it was an interesting night. Sunday was a lazy day, sitting in my garage with my neighbors/friends while the kids played all day long. And again, I had a few drinks. What's with THAT? LOL.

Back at it today.

I'm finished with BBC Arms & Abs, which is my favorite of them all. I really like this one a lot....it moves quickly, it hurts, and Joey is gorgeous when he moans and groans! LOL. When the kids go to Rec, I'm hitting the pavement again for an outdoor run...shooting for 30-40 minutes.

I'm taking my resume into the school district offices. I'm excited and scared all at the same time!!!

BBL sometime....patiently waiting for the presale to begin!

Gayle

Cathy, Wendy, & Shelly ~ Great race reports!!! How fun that you got to race together!!! And you all look so cute, loved the pics!!!

I'm catching up from the weekend. We had a wonderful time at my Mom's, but super busy running around!! Saw my Aunt Meg, who was in really good spirits. I'm glad I had a chance to visit her. She's doing a lot better & she's holding out hope she can go home soon. She HATES hospitals. Went to breakfast w/ my Dad, sister, 16 yo nephew, and brother which was fun to see everyone. Mom & I went shopping & I got a couple cute tanks & pair of bermuda shorts. I have the WORST time finding shorts, my legs are too *athletic* to wear most of them & they look ridiculous. I also got a couple cute tanks & then my Mom spoiled the girls by buying them a few outfits (hit the 60% off racks at Bergners!). And then Scot & I went to the gym to work out. Sooo fun, we *raced* on the treadmills right by each other. I did a 1 mile warmup jog, then a 4 mile interval run. I felt awesome running! And then we lifted for about 45 min. I have some major DOMS in my chest still! }(

We got home Sat night late, and then went to church y'day & after church we went to our favorite state park for a nice hike. It was so beautiful!

And... I did a sprint tri this morning!! I'm going to be a total geek & write out a race report. First of all, I have the BEST running/ biking/ swimming buddies. I'm so lucky to have them. Our friend Melissa did her first sprint tri y'day (the Danskin one in Chicago). So... in her honor, we did our first Keep up with Melissa Triathlon. We just on a whim decided y'day that we'd do it this morning.

So.... got all of my stuff together before bed (goggles, Garmin, towel, shoes, water bottles, etc). Headed up the street to Erin's house at 4:30AM. We started off w/ an 800 yd swim in her pool, we didn't really time that part, but it was under 20 min (we think around 18 min). It's a small pool, but she did her laps on one side & I did them on the other side. So off to the bikes we went. It was VERY foggy so we didn't push it too hard. We took our usual bike route & did 13.8 miles in 57:28. Then came the run.... my legs felt like LEAD!! I felt like we were going sooo slow & couldn't hardly get moving. But, our first mile was 8:51 so we were doing better than we thought!! By mile 2 we were both feeling a bit better & kept the pace at 8:51. Then we picked it up a bit for the last mile- 8:34. And the last .1 was 8:37. Total 5K time was 27:07, and we were shooting for anything under 30 min so we were happy!

We did it!! Our first sprint tri, and we were both first in our age groups!! So... I think our time was about 1 hour 40 min 35 sec, and that's w/out the transitions timed in there. Not bad for a last minute tri in our neighborhood!!!! Erin & I both felt so great at the end & I'm glad we did it. Now one of these days we're going to do a *real* tri.

I'm supposed to do C & B + ARX w/ Greg later, I'll see how my chest feels!!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I never like many of my race pics either, but trust me there will be ones you like. Sometimes I just think it is the angle taken...I am flying in Thursday night. I think about an hour after Shelly. A first Chiro visit is mostly tests and X-rays. And talking about your health for the past years and finding out if you are having any pain at the moment. I do not think I would want a Chiro to even try an adjustment without 1st seeing my X-rays. Good job with SM.

Wendy...I looked at all of the cheetah race pics and none were EEEEWWWW. Sometimes we just don't like the shots. Have fun with GS legs and stepping. Enjoy the park later with little Joey.

Jackie...enjoy your rest day.

Jess...that sounds way fun about the sprint tri!! Not sure I could get my sister or friend to try that here, but we could use one of the lakes for the pool..:)..Have fun with P90X today.

Heather...thank you for your compliments on my picturetrail pictures...:)...And, yes, my job can be very rewarding! I can imagine your DH being in Afghanistan would have been a rough 6 months. I be you both being Military has taken you to many places. We have 2 nice lake here. Whiskeytown is one that the kayakers use. I believe they have some classes in the summer for kayakers if you want.

Christine...I am sorry about the last hike with Kimo. They do slow down as they age, just like us!

Judy...well yesterday with just my friend and I even the uphill was peaceful.

Today is P90X S&A, abs and at least 40 min on my EXT.

Have a great day...

Hey gang - We got back from our long vacation up north. Great weather and lots of fun. BUT, got back to find out that a friend/cousin was killed with her 13 year old daughter in a terrible car accident.

On a lighter note, I did a one hour power walk this morning. Didn't do much for exercise all weekend so it was nice to get back in the swing of it.:)

I'm very excited for the "Cathe PreSale", I'll be watching that very closely.

Marcia.

Hey everybody!

JESS! That sprint-tri was FANTASTIC! You did so well. Live in the moment and suck up all that excitement! Congrats!!!

Quick post, for me, again. Older DS is home with me, very very tired after our long active weekend. So the outdoor run turned into iTread 4. Logged over 6 miles and I'm all wet and sweaty! Time for a shower.

Chat more later....

Gayle

Hi Ladies:) I've been running and working out but no chance to post. I ran a hot and sweaty 8k this morning, good run but not an easy one:) I'm going to check out the space I'm being offered at Premiere Fitness today. I'm so excited and anxious about this transition. Not looking forward to giving notice to the chiro but be that as it may. They are offering me the same commission I already get which is great, plus a gym membership but we haven't discussed hours yet. I'll meet them at noon today. Here are a few pictures of Elizabeth's prom, they had a blast, pre party here then post prom cottage bash. I should have taken a picture of what she looked like the next morning. Her hair was still up but quite dishevelled:)

Cathy, Wendy and Shelly, love the pictures from yesterday. Awesome that you were able to get together and run as a pack (that's our Cheetahs:7)

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k159/LaurPic/June20001.jpg
Elizabeth getting pretty at Dolce Bella Spa

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k159/LaurPic/June20005.jpg
Elizabeth and proud Momma :)

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k159/LaurPic/June20007.jpg

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k159/LaurPic/n500710420_231095_6124.jpg
My beautiful grown up girl :)

Take Care
Laurie

Good Morning!

Tried, again, for a quick workout this a.m. before work. Didn't happen. In fact, I have absolutely NO idea how my alarm was moved from 3:20 to 3:55. I MUST have changed it in my sleep. That's o.k., though. I actually feel pretty good in that I got almost 7 hours of sleep. I'll try for a quick upper body after work. Love those premixes!!!! They are a life-saver.

Tick....tick....tick.....patiently waiting for my BBC.

Jess: Tell me about your Garmin, please. Great job on the 5K time. I'll be there one day. I would like to be under 30 min, as well. Congratuations, on finishing your first sprint tri....AWESOME! :) It's such a good feeling to meet/exceed goals, eh?

Wendy: The Cheetah pics? No EWWWWW! Everyone looks great and like they are having a lot of fun. Those are the best pictures and the most memorable. I'll bet you'll remember yesterday for a long, long time.

Carole: Have you recovered from yesterday's run? How often do you go for runs like that?

Marcia: I'm very sorry to hear about the accident! How terrible! I hope everyone who knew them are doing alright with the news. I like to Powerwalk. How far did you go in the hour?

I hope everyone has a great day!

Cheers,

Laurie ~ Elizabeth is a BEAUTY!! (like her Mom!) You both look great!! I love her dress & hair too, she looks like a beautiful princess! Good luck w/ the work transition, I wish you lived closer!!! BTW, what's your opinions on chiropractors for younger kids? MY SIL swears that I need to take Kiersten to one to get her neck/ head looked at. We are going to Physical therapy this week to see if that helps. She's been up in the night crying about her head/ neck hurting ever since her surgery. I'm so frustrated about it all right now! Anyway, just thought I'd ask (and Carole, feel free to jump in since you go to a chiro too!).

Good job on the run!!

Hey Heather!! I have the plain Jane Garmin 201, I've had it for almost 2 yrs now. They have lots of nicer ones out there now (I think Cathy has the 301?) that have HR monitors & more gadgets w/ it. I've been happy w/ mine though, it's great for telling me my pace & distance which is all I really want/ need.

Yeah, we're total goobers making up our own tri but it really was fun!! It's great practice for when we do a real one!! Good thing Erin has her own pool! ;-) The bike to run transition is the hardest one, your legs are SOOO heavy after the bike & you feel like you're running through Jello!

Sorry you slept in, but you must have needed the rest! Enjoy your workout later!

Me again. How did I miss the picks of you Fine Cheetahs from this weekend? I had to go back again and find them. I'M JEALOUS! I WANNA RUN WITH FELLOW CHEETAHS TOO! LOL SOON, I'm sure!

Laurie-your DD is gorgeous, and cute, and adorable. Nice pics!

Gayle

Thanks Jess, she's a beauty inside and out:)

I feel for you for what Kiersten is going through, so hard seeing our babes in pain. I am inclined to restrict my chiropractic visits to an 'as per need' basis. If my back hurts I go, if it doesn't, I don't. Many chiros believe passionately that chiro can cure all that ails us. I don't subscribe to that view point. I think the best chiros are the ones that want to treat you for a specific condition, get you back to pain free and out of the clinic. Many chiros want their patients in for regular adjustments once a week, this may work for many people but it doesn't work for me, I have a huge trust in our bodies abilities to heal and that if you are active and taking your joints through their full range of motion then the body will continue to work well. JMHO. I think it's a fantastic idea to take her to physio. They are able to do assessments that very specifically diagnose what soft/bony tissue is involved. Physios give you the tools to get better and strategies to remain that way. Good luck and let us know how it goes.:)

Take Care
Laurie:)

Good Afternoon cheetahs,

today's workout was isculpt 12. full body circuit using all bodyweights. kicks some serious you know what, lol:7

laurie- your daughter is adorable!

I will try to come back later for more personals.

ttyl....:)

Hey.

I'm done with GS Legs standing but there is a change in plans for cardio. I wrote the rotation as step today and a run tmrw. Well, tomorrow I am leaving here by 8:15am to go to the zoo with my mom and Joey and probably will not be back home until after dinner soooo that leaves no opportunity to run. I CAN, however, sneak in an early morning step work out if I want so I am heading to the gym this evening with DH for today's cardio. I will do a step work out early tmrw morning if I am feeling energetic. If not, no biggie as I've got a couple extra cardio work outs under my belt already...

Jackie: I hope the convention didn't totally put you to sleep! LOL

Gayle: It's okay to kick back with the alcoholic beverages now and then even if that means 2x in one weekend once in a blue moon! LOL I love having my drinks and see reason to give 'em up!:9 Good luck with the job prospect!

Jess: Man, do you ever run out of energy girl? You are right up there with Shelly for being this little ball of fire!}( Good for you!:)

Carole: The park was nice. I thought it was going to be hot and muggy but it ended up being breezy and on the cool side. PERFECT park morning!:) The pics we cheetahs took were fine. It's the pic that the race folks took of me that is awful!:eek: LOL Shoulder and arms today, ey? That's a great work out! ENJOY!

Marcia: OMG, ((((HUGS))))! How awful about the accident. I just can't stand to hear about things like that. It makes me sick. ;( Prayers going out to the family.

Laurie: Your daughter is gorgeous! Yeay for the proud mom! :) WOW-the offer to work at the gym sounds great so far! I hope the hours are to your liking.

Heather: Sorry you missed your work out this morning. I don't know how people work out before 7am. I jut can't do it! I may *TRY* it tomorrow morning though. It's my only hope if I want to get a work out in. Knowing me, I'll blow it off!:p

Sunny: ISCULPT 12 circuit...that's the one I have! AWESOME, isn't it? Glad you like it! I bought #1 but haven't done it yet. Do you have that one?? So when do you expect your spin shoes to come in? I am putting that venture on hold for a bit now. I just put a deposit down on an appoinment to get a new tattoo in a week so the shoes are going to wait a little while longer...no biggie though.:)

So how many Cheetahs pre-ordered the new work outs or atleast plan to? I did!:7

Afternoon, cheetahs :)

Wendy :: *lol* about your choice of eatery ~ why not? I love Outback…but I usually find it hard to resist the filet and the bloomin’ onion. Yum. I did well today, considering there are always candy bars laying around at these things. And yes, I stayed awake! We were busy and the day went relatively quickly…I’m sure I’ll be nodding out early!… I pre-ordered this afternoon…but I also goofed! Since I was on here in the middle of the night, I clicked on a post by Beloved Heather – saw the link and figured what the hey…no rush, but I'll order while I'm here (I also ordered two new yoga vids on amazon)...apparently, I was not fully awake because I totally missed Heather’s warning NOT to preorder and then missed the same warning on the order form itself. OOPS! Leave it to the reading teacher not to follow directions. *lol*

Jackie :: how many days of conventioning will there be? Hope it wasn’t too boring!

Gayle :: yup, agreed on all the BBC A&A points. I think Joey’s the new Mr. Yummy Pants!!! Would love to just tear those fatigues right off him *lol*…Good luck with the resume push. What position are you applying for?…You are not far from Wendy or me, so I imagine we could find another race convenient for the three of us somewhere down the road.

Jess :: no way could you have trouble buying shorts! You are so tiny! Awesome job with the sprint tri – sounds like you’re ready, girl!…I also have the 201 Forerunner.

Carole :: I have had one or two good race pics over the years, but I never buy them…thanks for the info on the chiro visit. I wonder if my insurance will cover any of that.

Marcia :: so sorry to hear about your friend and her daughter.

Laurie :: ooh! Let us know what you think of Premier Fitness. Very curious!…Love the pics! What a gorgeous color blue and a radiant smile – she really glows in all the shots. Love the one of the two of you looking at each other. You both look great!

~Cathy :)

cathy- don't you just love getting your workout over and done with early in the morning!!

wendy- i just loved this isculpt. it was my first time doing this one:) i do not have the first isculpt. i like the ones with milenna teaching. my cycling shoes should be here in about a week. woohooo!!! to answer your question from before, the ME cert. i won't have to wait 4-6 weeks. the owner said we should know by the end of this week! not sure if i am going to order this set. i love the idea of the heavy weights but not excited about the step cardio portion.

i am so excited, just got the letter, i passed the AFAA primary group exercise cert. yipppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:7 :D :7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.