Cheetahs 5/25-5/31

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls!

Just gettin' us started for the week!

Today's work out will be some endurance leg work and some cardio. Both are YTBD but I'll be back later to fill you in!!!:D

I've decided to do TJ Lower Body Jam and a DM cardio only premix. I am feeling the effects of the first 24 hours of TTOM though so it's gonna be tough to get motivated. I think I can I think I can....

Good Morning.

Well I nixxed LBJ yesterday. I decided to do an "all in one" work out and this is what I came up with:

DM Cardio Premix with my own lower body weight work in between drills:

Cardio Drill #1
40 weighted squats
Cardio Drill #2
40 weighted standing side leg lifts per leg
Cardio Drill #3
40 weighted standing rear leg lifts per leg
Cardio Drill #4
45 non weighted calf raises off step (15 toes forward/15 toes in/15 toes out)
Cardio Drill #5
20 weighted forward/backward lunges per leg (1 of each on same leg is one rep, repeat 20 times then switch legs)
Cardio Drill #6
25 weighted plie squats per leg, 40 weighted inner thigh leg lifts per side
Fall down on the floor in a puddle of sweat! :D

All in all it probably took about an hour to do and was a great work out!

Today or tomorrow (depending upon if I take a rest day today or not), I will start a week of BBC with Arms and Abs weights and cardio.

BBL!

Yesterday was BBC Arms and Abs. Cardio first, then weights. YEOWCH!!!

Today will be an active rest day. My only work out planned is my Centergy class this evening. OHM! :p

So I've been talking to myself for a few days now...if one of you girls doesn't show I'm soon I'm likely to be committed! :D

I'm here, Wendy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So sorry to leave you hanging for a couple days... :( it has been so busy here, and hard to find a balance. Thanks so much for keeping the thread alive!!!! I'm doing okay... I've been in a bit of a slump. Still running, but just feeling icky, think it's stress related. Got 5.5 mi in on Sat and 4.2 mi in yesterday. ITB is still hanging in there.

Looks like you're getting right back on track with your killer workouts! I will have to go check the last couple days of last week's thread but it sounds like you're feeling much better-- I'm so glad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I PROMISE to be back this afternoon-- right now I've gotta jet to get DS to the doctor for his 4 yr. well visit.

Have a great morning!!!

Hi Cheetahs!I had a family reunion over the weekend and it's just been busy, busy, busy. It was nice visiting with my sisters. I don't get to see them but once or twice a year.I managed a 6 mile run Saturday and some stretching. Monday, I did B&G Floor & Abs and iClimb #22 30 minutes. Yesterday, I got in 7.1 miles using iTread #19 Sprints and iTread #20 Intervals. Didn't forget to add that stretching. Today I did 4DS KB, part of the leg work, and the abs.Wendy - Good job with BBC yesterday! Any DOMS? Enjoy your active rest day and Centergy class. We definitely don't want you to have yourself committed. LOL!!Brighton - Sorry to hear about the slump. Hope it doesn't hang around too long. Good job getting those runs in. Bet it was hard pushing through that. How did DS doctor visit go?Better get back to work! Have a wonderful Wednesday!

We're back! :)

Things at DS's well visit went great. Went and ran a few errands and now we're back home. Now I just need to figure out if I want more of a workout than yoga today.... hmmmmm....

Wendy, sounds like that nap over the weekend did you a world of good!!! :D So happy to see that you're back in action!

Jackie, it's just a busy time of year right now, huh? I'm right there with you. How wonderful you were able to spend some quality time with your sisters. My sister & I are really close, it would be hard if I only saw her once or twice a year. Such fantastic workouts despite the busy-ness, though!!! WTG! :D You are an inspiration! Thanks for the well wishes-- I'm really doing okay, I just think I've been a little weighed down by all the events of the past couple months. I'm ready for a new beginning.

DH & I are starting Jillian's program Making the Cut on Monday! :D:eek::cool: One of my college buddies is starting a mini Biggest Loser competition (just 6 weeks, not very long) and it starts Monday. We told her we'd participate-- not that I have tons of weight left to lose, but I'd be very happy to lose a few pounds! :) So we shall see how it goes.

Hope all is well! Hi to Katie & Laura if you're lurking-- you are missed!

Good Morning!

Ended up blowing off Centergy class y'day (wasn't in the mood) and tackling BBC Butt and Legs cardio and weights instead. AWESOME! :D

I've already knocked out a 20 minute interval run this morning at the gym and have BBC Chest and Abs weight work only on tap for this afternoon. I don't like this particular BBC cardio so I put the run in it's place. :)

I got a lot done already this morning-so unlike me. I'm such a procrastinator by nature! :eek: When I left the school this morning after dropping DS off I went to the bank, the post office and the gym. After a quick shower at the gym I headed across the street and went food shopping. Just got home about 30 minutes ago. Feels good to have everything done! I'm exhausted now though! :p

Brighton: Have fun doing the biggest loser program with your DH! Several of the new work outs I have comin' are Jillian and/or Biggest Loser ones! :D Glad the well vist was a success. I have to take DS in for his 4 yr old visit too! I need to call and make that appointment ASAP! :eek:

Jackie: Totally understandable that you've been busy. Yeah, BBC is giving me DOMS for certain and I'm lovin' it! :D Great work outs you've been doing. Glad you had a nice time "reuniting" with your sisters. :)

Hi ladies!

Brighton - Glad DS passed his exam! I have one sis that lives here and I see her every week when we visit mom. How exciting you and DH are starting Jillian's program! Maybe this will be just the beginning you need to get out of that slump. Good luck shedding those last few pounds!

Wendy - So Centergy class just wasn't doing it for you, huh? Sounds like you and Nadia got along well. Glad you enjoyed the workout! You have been a busy little beaver today. Good to get those errands out of the way. Yay for the DOMS!!

Today's workout was iTread #9 60 minutes and iStretch #24. Didn't think I was going to make it through the entire workout. Felt a little tired this morning and at about mile 4, it felt like all of the energy left my body. Had to stop and walk around a few minutes and then finished the last 2 miles at a slower pace.

Gotta get back to work! Have a great day!

Hi ya Cheetahs!

Today's workout was Rumble combos 1 & 2 and the bag section and 6 Minute Abs. Nice little workout!

Hope you ladies are having a fantastic day! It was cooler this morning. Sure hope the cool temps stick around for my run in the morning.

Hi Jackie.

Glad you enjoyed Rumble today! :D

I did a 20 minute interval run on the TM y'day morning and then did BBC Chest and Abs weight work only y'day afternoon. Today will be BBC Shoulders and Back cardio and weights. Tmrw is my rest day before I move on to something new! I bought 7 new work outs with B'day money. I got them all and am previewing them now. I plan on mixing and matching them all for a nice little endurance rotation for a few weeks. I'm really looking forward to it! :)

I finally got DS' after school care and summer care situation worked out and not a moment too soon as I have a job interview on Monday!!! I applied for a full time office position weeks ago which I probably mentioned to you. Well, yhey are finally beginning the interview process so I am going there for an interview on Monday. I just set it up today. I AM NERVOUS!!!!! :eek::eek:

Guess that's all for now. Off to the park with the little guy!

Later babes!

Hey girls-- just a fly by until hopefully tomorrow morning... Trying to get some serious spring cleaning done along with the workouts and everything else... :eek::eek::eek: Whew! It has been super busy busy busy around here.

Hope everyone is doing well-- and Wendy, good luck with the job interview!!! Knock 'em dead! :D

BBL... hoping to get a workout in today besides CleanMax, lol. We'll see how the day shapes up. ;)

TTFN!

Good afternoon, Cheetahs! :)

Today's workout was YardMax, lol... we did some major renovating to our perennial beds in the backyard-- lots and lots of leg & arm work from squatting & pulling out clumps of grass & rocks to make room for the plants... I am spent. Though, I am still going to do some of the pre-program testing for Making the Cut tonight-- I have to do a 3 min step test, push-up test, sit-up test, and wall sit test-- basically seeing where my fitness level is at, and then we'll redo the testing at the end of the month after the program. We shall see how it goes!!! :)

Jackie: awesome workouts, as always. hope those cooler temps hang in there a while longer for your morning runs. :)

Wendy: woo hoo! 7 workouts!!! :D fun stuff!!! you'll have to let us know how the new rotation works out for you. i know i said it before, but it bears repeating-- GOOD LUCK with the interview on Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

K, I'm off to get this testing done so that I can get some r'n'r tonight. The BL competition kicks off tomorrow!!! :)

Good Morning Girls.

Well I got through y'day without working out! LOL Today I get to "dig in" to my new work outs and I've decided to start with Jillian's 30 Day Shred. I will start from the beginning and see how far I get. :)

Went to the outlets y'day evening with DH and DS. I picked up an adorable spring/summer wallet from Fossil and a pair of oh so cute mary janes from Nike. Me happy! :D Prior to shopping we stopped at 5 Guys Burgers for dinner. I looked up the nutrition info when I got home last night. BAD IDEA! :eek: I am going to print out the info and enter it into sparkpeople. I have to see what that meal does to my numbers for y'day even though I really don't want to know! :eek::confused:

Brighton: How did the test go for Making the Cut? That's a book program, correct? I know I've seen it sold on Amazon. Is it a 3 month program? Can't wait to hear how you do and how you like it. Not that I need any enabling with all of the purchases I've made as of late but I still love hearing about it! :D

Have a great day!

Last edited:
Well I got through work outs 1 & 2 of 30 Day Shred and holy moly!!!! :eek:

I LOVED IT!:D:D:D

Off I go to feed DS lunch and get our buns outside!

BBL!;)

Hi everyone...
Woke up totally trashed this morning. Flaming sore throat & big head cold. Ugggggh. Great start to a new program, right? :rolleyes::confused::( Thankfully workouts won't start until tomorrow. I'm going to try and get out for a walk or some light yoga but that'll be it today.

Wendy: Yay for success at the outlets!!! :D:D:D And glad you enjoyed 30DS. I'm toying with picking that one up too... :) The testing went well-- I was in the "good" range for everything (cardio fitness, sit-ups, wall sit) except push-ups. :eek: I was in the "average" category (but only 1 away from "above average!";)) but I kinda figured that would be the case. She has you doing full body push-ups, no exceptions, and I've always been a wuss and gone for the girl push-ups. So this will be a good thing, I think. And, to answer your other questions-- yep, it's a book program, and it actually only lasts for 30 days. (I guess sort of the book equivalent to 30DS?) She has an entire menu plan laid out for you and different circuit workouts for you to follow each day (well, 4 out of 7 days, and then you supply 1-2 additional workouts per week). It's pretty thorough! Anyway, yep, you can get it on Amazon-- I think it's even under $10 right now. ;) But I picked it mostly because this little competition we're doing is only 6 weeks, so I wanted a shorter program. I will keep you posted on how it goes. :)

Well, I'm off to get a little bit of exercise, a little bit of food... and then I'm hitting the sack EARLY!!! :) Take care, everyone!!!

*backs away from the thread*
I don't want to read ANYTHING about ANYTHING having to do with spending money on MORE fitness items, Brighton! :p I have 7 DVDs and a set of Select Techs comin' my way! Do I sound like I need this darned book too!?!? :eek: It does sound like a goodie though. LOL :D

Hugs Brighton. Sorry you are feeling under the weather. I hope you didn't catch anything from me! ;) BTW, not to be a downer but a sore throat and a head cold is exactly what I had prior to getting the sinus infection so WATCH OUT! :confused:

So we were about to head out the door this evening to pick up dinner and bring it to the park with us when DS started complaining about his tummy hurting. He tried going to the bathroom but didn't have any luck so we changed plans. DH went out to pick up the food and was going to bring it back home and we were going to eat it in our yard. Well..good thing DS had those tummy pains! DH called about 10 minutes later saying he was broken down on the highway with my car!!! DS and I were almost with him! Things happen for a reason (DS' tummy ache)!!!! :eek:

Needless to say, I ended up making sandwiches for DS and myself once I found out DH was broken down. Who knows how long it'll take him to get the car towed and then get back home. I can't help him because he has the car with the only car seat! I feel bad for him but my hands are tied. Actually, until a tow truck comes, it's not like he can leave the car anyway so either way he'd have to wait....Now he'll just have to call a cab to get home later. Nothin' like a crappy end to a nice day! :rolleyes:

This is when I am thankful we have 3 vehicles though. I can still get DS to school in the morning (so long as DH remembers to bring the car seat home with him!) and get myself to that interview.

Okay, enough of that. I was thinking about what kind of work out I should tmrw morning and I think I will go with lower body. 30 Day Shred was super tough on the UB and cardio-wise but not so much on my LB. That being said I am going to give Jackie's One on One Training: lower body work out a try tmrw. I may also do some cardio. Not sure about that yet though. :)

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.