Checking in

Way to burn it Shannon! :D

Already posted on your FB page, but I did my Insanity workout, then the upper body portion of Body Max 2. That is one of my all time favorite workouts especially when I do all 1000000 mins...ok maybe more like 100, but none the less, it's a long one!!

Hi Cathe,

I am getting close to the end of a 3 month shock the body rotation, in which each month incorporates 1 week of full body endurance, 1 week of hypertrophy splits, 1 week kettlebells and 1 week strength splits. It's really given me an opportunity to use a lot of my workout DVDs, which has been great.

For my next 3 month rotation, I am leaning toward doing this:

week 1: Slow and Heavy positive
week 2: Slow and Heavy negative
week 3: Circuits
week 4: Slow and Heavy positive
week 5: Slow and Heavy negative
week 6: Kettlebells

Repeat once.

By negative and positive I mean that I would be doing the 6 count part of the movement on the negative or positive. Of course, I'm including cardio in the rotation as well.

I'd really love to get your opinion on this rotation. Are circuits and kettlebells a good counterpoint to Slow and Heavy, or would you suggest something else?

Thanks!

I did Drill Max Cardio Blast premix this morning before hitting STS M1 Disk 2. This is my first Round, and I really enjoyed todays workout. Looking forward to some awesome results. I plan on doing MMA Boxing tomorrow...can't wait, that's a fun one.

I want to try Hot Yoga so bad...is it 90 minutes long?

I saw you suggested to AYLE90 to do Hiit 40/20 after she completed Rhythmic Step. That's funny because that's exactly what I had already done.

So I did Rhythmic Step (just the first 30 minutes or so) followed by Hiit 40/20 (my favorite!) for a total of an hour of cardio. I love doing about 30 minutes of Rhytmic Step or Low Impact Circuit before Hiit 40/20 to get me warmed up for it.

Work out for tonight

Hi Cathe,
Gorgeous day here in Sunny Mn.
Doing one of my favorites tonight ( oh wait,,,,they're all my favorites ) :p

Doing Kick Punch & Crunch tonight, but, I am doing what's called my 'Morgs' Mix up'. I do the Warm up , Intermediate, Advanced, Plus Segment one.
Then I jump over to Legs & Glutes and do the 'standing leg work' w/ stretch.
( I LOVE that stretch segment from legs & glutes!! )
One awesome upper & lower work out. Similar to Kick Max when you think about it ! Can't wait !!

Have a great day !!

Morgs

Hi Cathe,
It's just after 6 pm in Canada - and I managed to hit the leg blast premix plus floor work from B&G6 this morning about 12 hours earlier actually. I don't know if it was the humidity - but sweat was pouring off! Feels great to be done for the day...looking forward to a run - or an upper body workout (Gym styles!) tomorrow. Thanks for keeping us motivated!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.