Checking In - My first Time

Dawn W

Cathlete
[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Oct-20-00 AT 04:39PM (Est)[/font][p]Hi,
This is my first check in. I knew I would be checking in this week, so it kept me from slacking off on the routine.
I started on Saterday because this was my first day back after taking a week off after a cold. I'm not as tough as some of you who pushed through your colds and flus :-tired . Hope everyone has gotten better since last week!!!
So here's my week.

SAT - BBA and 90 minutes of roller blading (decided to enjoy one
of the last nice days we will have before winter rolls in).
SUN - CST, some jumping up and down during the Packer Game and
Jane Fonda's YOGA tape.
MON - Step Heat
TUE - MIS (minus the AB work)
WEN - IMAX (this was my first time :-wow What a workout!
couldn't finish the 9th or 10th interval, in fact I could
hardly even start the scissors and tucks)
THUR - DAY OFF and Karen Voigt's Pure and Simple Strecth
FRI - Step Heat

Thanks for letting me share this, It helps
Dawn

Welcome to the check-in, Dawn!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Oct-23-00 AT 12:28PM (Est)[/font][p]I'll just go ahead and add mine, too... I'll just update on Monday with my weekend workouts.

Christina, I managed to do two morning workouts this week! I'm shooting for 3 next week... but they'll have to be Mon-Tue-Wed, since I want to have a couple days to rest up for the Road Trip to Cathe's! :-jumpy

Monday - 30 min. walk outside; 1.62 miles (18.5-minute mile)
Tuesday - AM workout! 10-10-10 (cardio only)
Wednesday - Nada.
Thursday - Chest, Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps and Ab work (on my own, no video)
Friday - AM workout! All Step (cardio only)

Not sure if I'm getting in a workout on Saturday. Got my regular household stuff to take care of in the morning, and my hubby has a rare Saturday afternoon off, so I'll probably be spending some QT with him (and watching the World Series in the evening -- Go Yanks!). I'm hoping to tackle Power Circuit on Sunday afternoon while he's out with his buddy. (See, now that I said it, I have to do it!) So, until Monday...

Lynne :-jumpy
Steppin' Fool for Life!

Update!!!
Saturday - Rest
Sunday - Power Circuit (whole thing)

Strange... I really didn't feel like working out on Sunday. But I made myself do it. And you know what? I was into the workout from the start! Once I got my workout duds on, I was ready to go! :-jumpy

RE: Hi Dawn and Lynne!!

I may have to edit this, but i'll go ahead and check-in too.

MON: BodyMax

TUES: Step Works

WED: Taught my classes. UR and BP

THURS: IMAX

FRI: TWV(cardio only)

SAT: Today I want to do either all of the strength parts from the six pak or MIS. I haven't made up my mind yet.

SUN: Either CK or Rest. I haven't decided on that one yet either.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Aimee

Hi Everyone!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Oct-22-00 AT 02:50PM (Est)[/font][p]Dawn~So glad to have you join us! :) Glad you are feeling better. Isn't Imax unbelievable? :-tired! You did great getting thru the 1st. 8 intervals. Great week for you.

Lynne~I am sooo jealous you get to go on the Cathe road trip. We'll all be waiting to hear all the fun things you all did. Enjoy and have a great time. How did PowerCircuit go today?? (Just in case you need a lil' push! ;-))

Aimee~Was it CardioKicks or a rest day for you?? You know, you DO DESERVE a rest day every now & then! Great week!

Okay, onto my week:

MONDAY~Leaner Legs-LOVE this tape! I'm not sure what I was thinking though because I had to teach a Hi/Lo class with toning, Kickbox & Abs at 4:00! Whew, I was feeling those hamstrings, calves and quads that night!

Tuesday~Taught a Hi/Lo class with light toning, kickbox and ABS

Wednesday~10-10-10! Another great tape! I like the variety of having three different types of cardio combined into one tape.

Thursday~Taught 2 Hi/Lo classes with toning, kickbox & ABS

Friday~BodyMax-Kicks my Butt everytime :-tired, but I still love it. I met up with HoneyBunch for an afternoon out of lunch and shopping. Also, she loaned me the other 3 CTX tapes to try! Yipeee! Hey, you DVD'ers, wait til you see these great workouts. It will be worth the long wait. (Easy for me to say I guess because HB has been sooo kind to share hers with me.) THANKS, HB!! :) One other thing, I made HB's "Death-By-Chocolate" Wednesday night for my Bunko group and it was a hit. Glad I had done BodyMax that day.;-)

Saturday~Power Circuit, my 1st. time to do this tape. It is awesome and a super lower body workout. I enjoyed doing the one-body-part/day too (back). I even added biceps & ABS from the CTX-Kickbox tape. FUN workout day as all have been this week. THANKS CATHE!! What a tremendous job you have done with not just the new tapes, but the old ones too.

Sunday~REST, I think, unless I get home early enough tonight, I may do triceps or chest work from the CTX series. Hope you all are having a nice and HEALTHFUL week and I look forward to reading all your check-ins.
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)

Good Week....

Mon: Colleen's Step Class

Tues: Lower Body Split, Ellipse

Wed: BodyMax a.m., Spin & Abs class p.m.

Thurs: Rest day (yep! we all need 'em)

Friday: Rest day (cuz I like 'em) ;-)

Sat: Step Fit

Sun: Ellipse, Walked

Still don't know where the workouts are going. Sure hope that this weekend rejuvinates me/motivates me/ does SOMETHING.....

Till next week.....
Cleda

PS... Good weeks everyone!

check-in and welcome Dawn!

Hi everyone!

And Dawn, everyone has their own areas of strengths. Sometimes those of us who push too hard end up paying for it later. It's good to let your body recuperate when you're sick, don't ever feel that is a weakness. You had a great week and are a welcome addition to this check-in :)

Here's my week:

Monday--Circuit Max Leaner Legs abs only. I had to stop the leg portion of this tape for a couple of weeks because of knee trouble, but it seems better, so I'm going to give it a try again this week
Tuesday--Cardio Kicks Back and abs from CTX Power Circuit
Wednesday--CTX 10 10 10 and Body Max abs
Thursday--day 3 of 5 day abs
Friday--second section of hi/lo Heaven and Happy Hour abs

Have a great week everyone :)
Laura

It was an all Cathe week

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Oct-22-00 AT 04:29PM (Est)[/font][p]That's right, nothing but Cathe. Actually, I did practically nothing at all. Here's my week:

Mon. & Tues.- On business travel, brutal hours, no time to work out despite wonderful running trails right outside my hotel door :-(
Weds. - Circuit Max (Happy to be back home at last! :))
Thurs.-Sun. - Sick.:-tired

I'm mentally dying to jump back into my work outs. Last week, I was on vacation and did lots of running & even took a couple of classes courtesy of my hotel gym, so it was a good fitness week. But I've missed my videos and my weights. My plan is to try an all weights workout tomorrow. Trouble is, it's time to switch back to PS strength after 5 or 6 weeks of CTX strength and ... well... I really am going to miss CTX. Even Meaner Legs!

Cleda, maybe you were resting to keep me company.

2 weeks to go...

Hi everyone! All of your weeks look great :-jumpy. I have two weeks to go on this twelve week rotation, and boy am I at the point where I want a change! I'm supposed to have three cardio each week, and I only did one this week, unless you count last Sunday as part of this week. Which I will do.
Don't get the wrong idea--I'm happy with my week, and I feel like I worked hard. But I am looking forward to starting a new rotation. I'm probably going to do a CTX rotation--I've been using a lot of the cardio segments, but have yet to do the strength portions. We'll see. Anyway, here's my week:
SUNDAY: Kathy/Cathe kickbox combo
MONDAY: Karen Voight's Yoga Sculpt
TUESDAY: CTX Step and Intervals, + PowerMax section I, + Abs from All Step
WEDNESDAY: PS CST
THURSDAY: YogaSculpt (I wish Cathe would do an all stretch or yoga inspired tape!)
FRIDAY: rest
SATURDAY: PS BBA and LEANER LEGS
SUNDAY: Feeling a little wiped out from an all night wedding party, but I might squeeze in some cardio later...Wendy

Do feel better.....

And I saw that you can't make it for the trip :-(

Boo-hoo... I was so hoping you'd join us for the "extra" activities.....

You will be missed......

Get well soon and feel better!
Cleda

RE: Hi Debbie!!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Oct-22-00 AT 09:07PM (Est)[/font][p]It was Cardio kicks today! I couldn't help myself! I will take that rest day one day soon. BTW, Great Week!! So was it a rest day or triceps or chest for you today? You know, you DO deserve a rest day every now and then!! Te he he;-)!

Lousy week

Mon - am PS BBA

Tues - Thurs - nothing due to medication induced dizziness. I've been on prednisone for my ulcerative colitis for the last 2 months without any significant problems but for some reason I am having side effects now that I have started tapering my dosage. I went to the dr Friday and he adjusted my dosage and dosing schedule so hopefully the problem is resolved.

Fri - am SBHT - still a little dizzy but tired of not being able to do anything

Sat - out of town company

Sun - finally feeling more normal but decided to take it easy one more day since this is the first day since Tuesday that I haven't been dizzy.

Hoping to wake up feeling normal in the am so I can start back up. Hope everyone else's weeks were better than mine!

Have a great week everyone! I know those of you going on the trip will!

Christina

Hi Aimee!

We got home at 9:35 and I RUSHED to my workout room and squeezed in the tricep work from the CXT series!! I ALWAYS use Sundays as my day of rest, but I am just soo excited about this new series and the fact that HB has loaned me the tapes, I just could not resist. I was done and upstairs watching "The Practice" by 10:00. I think it will be very easy to be able to do each body part 2x/week seeing as they are short. Now, that's not saying they are EASY! Whew, my triceps are screaming just from those 15 minutes. :-tired!!! Isn't CK great too? Again, great week Aimee. Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)

Christina!

Sorry to hear of your problems from your medication. Hope you are well and back to your workouts real soon.
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)

I want to know how you like PC and S&I!!!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Oct-23-00 AT 06:50AM (Est)[/font][p]My personal favorites, along with Meaner Legs.

My week:
Sat: Taebo III
Sun: Nuttin'
Mon: Step & Intervals
Tues: 40 minutes on the mini-tramp, running in place at 250 beats per minute :-jumpy :-jumpy
Wed. Power Circuit & abs
Thur: Nuttin'
Fri: 45 minute run/walk at the Y...my longest time since I added the running!!

I was going to do MIS style upper body, but I didn't. Too tired, and this is harder for me to fit in. It's all a head game. If you add the time it takes to do the "one body part a day" it equals 2 sessions of MIS, but it's easier to do for me! Because it's broken up into little sections, I know.

I still have to adjust my activity level, AND lay off the marshmallows!! Somebody gave me several bags of marshmallows which I'm SUPPOSED to use in S'mores bars, but I eat them in the evening instead. I can go through almost a whole bag in a sitting! :9 :9 Gluttony, Gluttony, Gluttony! Go-o-o-l-l-l-y!

This week I have a rest week, them back at it with my little tapes and the one body part a day regimine. :-tired :-tired :-tired

Happy week, all!!

Trevor, where are you???!!! Don't you love us anymore???????:*

hamstring bugging me - back to more moderate cardio

Hi everyone and welcome Dawn.

I am not sure what I did last week but my hamstring is still bugging me. So, I am going to go back to the PS series and alternate cardio every other day. I am beginning to think I will be haunted by this forever. The damn thing is that there is no recumbent bike or elliptical trainer in the town I live in which would really help in cross-training and healing.

On a lighter note, I just bought a 2000 Honda Accord SE (special edition) and love it. Having a reliable vehicle with 2 children to haul around is a load off my mind.

Here was my week:

Monday - rest

Tuesday - Step Reebok with hand weights

Wednesday - PS BBA

Thursday - rest

Friday - Happy Hour Hi Lo

Saturday - rest (serious house cleaning day)

Sunday - PS CST and Step Reebok

As you can see, I am trying to go back and be more moderate. I was doing the CTX and loving it. I think kicking too high and hard on the kickboxing segments may have caused my hamstring to re-injure.

Kim

Hi everyone!!!

Hope those of you with aches and pains are doing better. Kim, I'm sure that hamstring is frustrating but at least you have the new car to play with! Christina I hope you're feeling better. Debbie and Aimee, as usual, you guys had great weeks! :) Bravo on your weeks, y'all! :)

My week:

Sun - MIS
Mon - IMAX
Tues - MIS
Wed - Cardio Kicks
Thur - Circuit Max
Fri - Brian Kest Power Yoga
Sat - marathon housecleaning and 2 hours of ice skating

Haven't done any yoga in a while and boy did it feel good. I'm going to try to fit it in a least once a week. I'm on to PS again this week.

Honeybunch, I haven't had smores in 100 years. Now that you reminded me I think I'll have to make some :9 Just what I need after that 1/2 pint of chocolate chip Hagen Daaz I had last night! :9

Hope everyone has a blast on the road trip, wish I was joining you!

Lorrie

Hi Kim!

Sorry to hear you are still having problems with that hamstring of yours! What a bummer. :-( Glad to see you are cutting back some of the intensity. Hope it heals real soon for you. Glad you found a car that fits just right for you & the family. Take it easy.Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)

Hi Lorrie!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Oct-23-00 AT 10:10AM (Est)[/font][p]Great week for you also. This is a dumb question, but what exactly is Power Yoga?? I am just starting to pick up a couple of Yoga tapes, one by the Method and one by K.Voight.(Yoga Sculpt.) I heard that Rodney Yee's Power Yoga set is on (or going to be on) DVD's. Thought it might be something I would be interested in since we just got a DVD player. Could you give me a brief run down on the tape you have? TIA! Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)(P.S.Forgot to WELCOME you here at check-ins! Glad to have you! :D)

HB!!

I just did Power Circuit on Saturday. I just finished e-mailing you about it. I LOVED it. It has so much lower body work in it, which of course is yours & my favorite! I have not tried S&I yet, but it's next on my list. Thanks for the loan. You've made this DVD'er-In-Waiting" a HAPPY camper! :D Yes, Trevor, where are you? HB & I were just discussing at lunch on Friday that we haven't "seen" you around for awhile. Hope all is well with your wife. We miss seeing you around here. Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.