Checkin 1-12-02

Steppingup

Cathlete
Hello everyone! I hope you had a great week. My chiropractor gave me the go ahead to start lifting light weights again. It's been around 6 weeks and I'm afraid to see how much ground I have lost but still excited that I can start back....slowly of course.

I was pretty happy with my week. Friday's workout was as close as I have come in a loooonnnng time to feeling like my old self. I was "in the zone". My endurance is slowly returning so I wasn't so focused on that and that enabled me to enjoy myself more.

Here it is:

MONDAY: Double Impact (9801) Step--Just the first section and 1st combo of the second. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed this routine. Also did standing routine of Tamilee's Total Body Stretch.

TUESDAY:Double Impact (9801) Step-- Just the first section. Had so much fun yesterday I just had to try it again.
Tamilee's TBS (Standing)

WEDNESDAY: Cardio Party (step) Had a blast with this.
Tamilee's TBS (Standing)

THURSDAY:Tamilee's Beginner Stretch I put in MIC and was going to do the step part. Didn't make it past the warmup. I then put in Just Steppin' and didn't make it past the warmup. I just was not in the mood. The stretch felt good and I was happy with that.

FRIDAY:Cardio Party (step) Had to try it again and this was the day that was so fun. Tamilee's TBS (Standing)

SATURDAY: Darrin's Dance Grooves (1st routine) I really wanted to do something easy today and I knew my heartrate wouldn't get up with this one and I was anxious to try it anyway. I am only a dancer at heart but this was really fun. I worked on the first routine for about an hour and got it reasonable well. I kept saying one more time, one more time. Having it on DVD really makes it easy. I did my own stretches afterwards.

Have a great week!

Kelly http://www.sgtfuzzbubble99.homestead.com/files/Smilies/De_Niro/eeyore.gif

Hey guys!

Kelly: That's great that you can get back into lifting again! Just be very careful!

As for me, I was soooo not in the mood to work out this week. I literally had to FORCE myself to do some workouts...Maybe it had to do with the snowstorm we had on Monday ??? I don't know, I just hope this passes soon...

Anyhoo...

Monday: Nothing (unless shoveling snow counts!!!)

Tuesday: Body Max Upper Body only/Abs

Wednesday: CTX Kickbox/Planks/Abs

Thursday: CTX Step & Intervals/Chest work

Friday: CTX Back/Shoulders/Triceps and 35 minutes on Stairmaster

Saturday: Nothing

Sunday: I'm going to TRY and make myself do SOMETHING today...nothing seems to appeal to me so it might just be some yoga...

Have a good week all!

Terri

Hello everyone!! Hope your week went well. I'm truly enjoying coming here and reading the posts -- it's keeping me quite motivated.

Sunday -- The Firm Tough Aerobic Mix; CTX Step & Intervals (cardio only); Abs.

Monday -- CTX Chest; Biceps & Abs; Triceps

Tuesday -- Firm Tough Tape I; recumbant bike: 45 min.

Wednesday -- Voight's Energy Sprint w/abs.

Thursday -- Firm, Floor Legs; CTX Shoulders & Abs; CTX Back & Abs.

Friday -- Firm, Hare; bike: 40 min.

Sat. -- CTX Kickbox (cardio only); CTX All Step(cardio only); Abs.

That's it!!! Have a wonderful week this week!

Hollie

Hi everyone! After my 2 lb weight loss last week, I was pretty excited about the week ahead. My goal was to do MIC in its entirety which I did! Here's the rest of my week....

Monday....Planned rest day
Tuesday...Circuit Max as a leg workout + abs
Wednesday...PS CST + CTX Kickbox cardio only
Thursday...All of MIC + abs
Friday...PS BBA + 30 min. recumbent bike
Saturday...Planned rest day
Sunday...MIS legs and abs only

Have a great week ahead everyone and for those of you working on new year's resolutions like I am, don't lose sight of your goals!!

:) Stacy

Hi everyone,

I'm working on some fitness goals right now and checking in does seem to help keep me on track. I've been wanting to add some workouts before work but 5am seems really really early especially if you can't get to bed at a decent time. I did manage 1 of 2 planned morning workouts and there is always next week.

Here's what my week looked like:

Monday: SH Chest & Back and SH Triceps & Biceps (only 1 warmup and 1 cooldown and skipped the pushups):-tired

Tuesday: 5 AM workout Walk/jog 5 minute intervals for 25 min.

Wednesday: SH Legs & Shoulders

Thursday: Rythmic Step :) (really like this tape)

Friday: DAY OFF

Saturday: CTX Upper Body with CTX Kickbox w/u and abs

Sunday: I'm off to do Stepworks and then swimming for 45 minutes

Hope next week is filled with fitness fun for everyone. :D

I'm strivN2Bfit , Paulette

I had to chuckle reading the heated discussion over the Slow & Heavy series :-rollen . I am actually doing the most boring weight workout ever--four sets of six reps with TWO minutes of rest in between each set. It takes absolutely forever. And no Cathe to talk to me there at the gym. It has been a real act of faith that this rotation will get me really strong.

SUNDAY--two hour canoe pool session
MONDAY--CST @ gym, Pilates @ physical therapy
TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY--short hikes with kids
THURSDAY--BB @ gym, 30 min. swim drills
FRIDAY--unplanned rest
SATURDAY--3 mile walk with hubby

I will try to work in a Cathe step or kickboxing video this week. I miss her! ;-)

http://www.plauder-smilies.de/pyth.gif Gretchen

Hi everyone!

Good news about your back, Kelly. I am a fellow bad back sufferer and see my chiropractor once a week for maintenance adjustments.

My week started out really well, then went downhill due to unforeseen events.

MONDAY: S & H Legs & Shoulders
TUESDAY: S & H Triceps & Biceps + CTX Kickbox (cardio only)
WEDNESDAY: S & H Back (I did the planks as well, but not the chest portion, as I am trying to strenghten my back and really stretch out my chest). Also did floor leg workout on my own.

That's it! Sore back & flu took up the rest of the week.

Have a great week :)

Sandi

Hi Guys! It was my first week back teaching, but I can't wait for class tomorrow!

Sun. rest
Mon. Taught a hi/lo
Tue. A parent's worst nightmare...so bad I can't say :-(
Wed. Had some major stress to work off. The night before I just wanted to go to bed and forget about it! I did all of SNI, CTX back, tris, abs, and LL.
Thu. Kickbox
Fri. Taught a hi/lo and CTX shoulders, abs

Andrea

Hi everyone

Here was my week:

Monday - Power Hour

Tuesday - walk/run for 45 minutes

Wednesday - Rhythmic Step

Thursday - walk/run

Friday - PS CST

Saturday - Happy Hour High Low

Sunday - PS SLA

Take care of that back Kelly and ease into things rather starting where you left off.

Have an excellent week everyone.

Kim

Late Post

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jan-13-02 AT 11:22PM (Est)[/font][p]Hi Everyone,

Have'nt been able to check-in for some time but still read daily this sight. I have not been able to work out for 2 months. My son who has Spina Bifida had surgery and it did not turn out as we hoped. Plus.. my scheduale at work changed. I work weekend and havent posted.

Anyway...Am easing back into workouts.

From Monday thru Saturday at the gym have run/walked. Then sat in sauna and whirlpool to NOT get sore.

Hope to be up to Cathe's in 3 weeks.

Really miss you folks...

Your the BEST!!!

See Ya,
Laura

Hi Everyone!

Finished 3rd week of S&H. Liked results & plan to switch to PS without adding in a total body workout. The 1x per week is working. It was a hectic week so core work got ignored except for S&H.

Mon: S&H Legs & SH
Tue: Yoga for Fat Loss; Trot 30 min w/ dogs
Wed: Spin; S&H C&B; Tamilee Beg Stretch
Thu: Tamilee 10 min stretch; Trot 40 min w/ dogs; S&H T,B & Abs
Fri: rest day
Sat: 5K 26:35; Cycle 17 miles
Sun: Cycle 46 miles; Millenium Stretch

Sat. was my first running event since 6th Grade! I had modest goals - 5k under 30 min & hopefully 9 min miles. Because I normally run on dirt, I didn't know my pace. DH ran <7 min pace. The event was similar to a bike event: lots of body types, different abilities. The mass start is different. I think a 10K would be more to my liking 'cause the first mile was mainly working my way through the crowd. Anyhow it was fun & certainly not intimidating.

Have a good week everyone!
Debra

Hi all.

Monday: S&H Legs
Tuesday am: 40 min biking interval (70-85% MHR)
S&H Shoulders
Tuesday pm: 40 min biking 85% MHR
yoga 20 min
Wednesday am: 40 min biking 75-80%
S&H Chest
Wednesday pm: 40 min biking 80%
20 minutes pilates
Thursday am: walking 30 min 80%
S&H back
Thursday pm: biking 45 min 75%

Friday: Rest

Saturday: biking interval 50 min 85%

So far so good.

Have a great week. Katie

Hi everybody!! I think I have found out why I keep forgetting to post in the checkin nowadays. Cause Sundays aren't my rest days anymore. I would rest and post. Now I workout and forget. Anyway, here's my week:

MON: yoga a.m. legs and abs p.m.

TUES: CTX kickbox, shoulders, bis', and tri's

WED: yoga

THURS: SNI and 10-10-10

FRI: All Step chest, back and abs

SAT: yoga and legs and abs

SUN: CTX kickbox and shoulder's, bi's and tri's

Ok, hopefully I'll remember to post this week on Sunday, if not, better late than never:)!!

Aimee

Hi Aimee

I thought of you when I got up early enough to do a yoga tape before I ran the dogs. My run was great! Now I know why you start so many days with yoga.

Debra

RE: Hi Debra!!

It's great isn't it? I was supposed to do yoga today and overslept by an hour!! I couldn't believe it! Oh well. My boss called me last night and asked me to start teaching yoga on Thursdays. So tonight will be my very first night of actually teaching it. I'm so excited!!! Wish me luck! I'll be thinking of you tonight while I'm teaching:)!!

Aimee

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.