Check Out the Prop

Soxy

Cathlete
I was reading an Oxygen collectors issue (Summer 2014) for motivation and came across this familiar prop on page 12.

image-3038187804.jpg

Hey, I have the red version of that very same medicine ball! I was sad to read SNM's post a while back about how Cathe is getting out of the fitness equipment side of things, as I love every Fitness by Cathe item I purchased. Well, except for the Step Shox. But as long as she keeps producing DVDs I will be a happy camper!

I must have missed the Step Shox! What is that?:eek:

Karen, I hate to say it but you didn't miss out on much! The Step Shox were rubbery cushions designed to go between your step risers and your step platform, with the idea being that they reduce the impact of stepping on your joints. There might have also been a claim about noise reduction, but I'm not sure.

Here's a link to WalMart so you can see what the Shox look like: Altus Athletic Cathe Fitness Exercise Step Shox Platform - Walmart.com

Sounds great in theory, but they didn't deliver. Besides not making any difference in shock absorption, the pads didn't even fit right and my step was sliding all over the place! This product was a big fat fail, but I don't feel too bad saying that since I truly have loved all of the other many many Fitness By Cathe products I purchased. For example, the newer cardio club step topper is a huge improvement over the original step topper. For me that product actually accomplished what the Step Shox couldn't.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.