Check-In For Week Ending 7/22/01

Terri1222

Cathlete
[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jul-21-01 AT 10:17AM (Est)[/font][p]Hey guys...Thought I'd start this a bit early as I'm busy all day tomorrow and wanted to get a chance to post this!

Sunday: PS Chest/CTX Chest/CTX Shoulders/CTX Back/CTX Triceps/Abs (DAMN!!! I only tried that "doubling up" on the chest workout because I saw that you were doing it and wanted to give it a shot, and man that is TOUGH!!)

Monday: Nothing...got my period, had cramps, headache, the works.

Tuesday: All Cardio - CTX All Step/CTX Step & Intervals/Abs

Wednesday: PS Back/PS Triceps/CTX Triceps/CTX Biceps/Abs (Again, I did that "double-up" on the triceps...but I have to admit that that's my weak area and I really have felt a difference in them this week!)

Thursday: MIS Legs/CTX Shoulders/30 minutes Stairmaster

Friday: Crunch Joy of Yoga

Saturday: Haven't decided yet. I know I won't be able to get a workout in tomorrow so I'm still deciding what I want to do....(It's now 2 hours later...I ended up doing PowerBar Training for the first time...very cool tape!)

Well, I hope everyone has a wonderful week!!!

Terri

I'll go ahead and post my week, too. I had a good workout week because the baby is sleeping longer and starting to entertain herself when she's awake. I can't believe she's 3 1/2 months old already. Well, I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Monday: Cardio Kicks (I traded this one away, but traded for it back, and I'm glad I did)

Tuesday: MIS

Wednesday: Still Jumpin' - what great fun :)

Thursday: MIC - that is a great sweatfest

Friday: Standing Legs

Saturday: CIA 9802 step and sculpting sections

I could go longer and do more, but I'm glad to be able to do what I do. I'm so mad because I traded all my CTX tapes away, and I really regret doing it. Live and learn, I guess. Well, take care.

I'll go ahead and post too!! I also started doubeling up and yep, I'm feeling it! Pretty good week. I'm patting myself on the back because for the first time I did IMAX on an 8" step and completed it with no modifications!! I was doing all my stepping on 6", but with this rotation I decided to up it to 8" for more intensity. It really does make a difference:)! Ok, here is my week!!

MON: yoga, PS chest portion on incline, CTX chest, and IMAX:)

TUES: yoga, PS T-bar rows, CTX chest, and StepJam

WED: yoga, Leaner Legs, and PS floor work

THURS: yoga, PS shoulders, CTZ shoulders, and Cardio Kicks

FRI: yoga, PS triceps, CTX triceps, and Intense Moves (8" again YIPPPEEE!!)

SAT: yoga, and I will do PS barbell bicep curls, CTX biceps, and BMax (cardio only)

SUN: YOGA and REST!!!

Well, we will be starting the last week of July, I'm happy and sad. Happy because the tapes will be sent out soon and sad because summer is going by way too fast:-(! Enjoy what's left!! And the new tapes!! Has anyone figured out a rotation using them yet??

Aimee

My week, not too bad, but I think I got some kind of bug that is going around....it makes you tired and achy, but it's short-lived.

Sunday: Leaner Legs and PS Back, Biceps and Abs
Monday: Race walked 45 minutes outside and did Firm Sculpted hips, butt and thighs
Tues: Imax and PS Chest
Wed: Rest
Thurs: Taebo Live Advanced III and PS shoulders
Friday: Circuit Max with extra step ups, and more leg work at the Y on Cybex machines...Leg extension, leg curls, inner and outer thigh machines.

I once said that I thought Bodymax was the hardest Cathe tape, but after yesterday I have to say that Circuit Max is tied! I felt like I'd been hit by a train!

Saturday: Felt tired still, so did only PS triceps and abs from PS legs

This leg work is making me tired, so I'm backing my cardio off to four days per week. I think the leg work is paying of as far as the toning I wanted.

July is almost over! Has anyone started Xmas shopping yet? It'll be here before we know it.

Did my first bake off experiment recipe. This is going to be hard work!

My week

Hi everyone!

Emily: You are doing great with your workouts with an infant at home! I am in awe!

Aimee: I have been thinking about a rotation using the new videos, but haven't come up with anything I like yet and am anxious to hear what others suggest.

HB: Hope you feel better soon! CircuitMax is a tough workout!! And I don't want to even THINK about Christmas shopping!! Right now I'm busy getting ready for my twins' birthday and then school supplies!

Here's my week:

Monday: run 2 miles, stairstepper, circuit max (cardio only with lower body circuits) + walking lunges - am
CTX back/abs - pm

Tuesday: Hi/lo Heaven and slide - am
shoulders - pm

Wednesday: Run 4 miles, stairstepper, Bodymax leg circuit- am
Biceps/abs - pm

Thursday: Run 4 miles, stairstepper, Bodymax section 1 - am
Triceps - pm

Friday: Run 4 miles, stairstepper, Intense Moves - am
Lower Body Split - pm
I discoved I don't like doing legs at night if I want to do cardio the next morning - my legs were feeling kind of achey.

Saturday: Action Packed step and hi/lo, slide - 25 minutes
chest/back - pm

Sunday: Cardio and abs. Not sure about the cardio yet. I may repeat Saturday's workout - it was fun. Otherwise I'll do a kickboxing/hi-lo combo. Going to a graduation party in the afternoon.

Hope everyone has a great week!!

Erica

RE: My week

You know Erica, I am a much better mother if I get to exercise. I can handle just about anything my little one does and I have lots more patience with her if I get a chance to do that for myself. I try to do it in the morning when she's sleeping, but if I don't get a chance, my husband is very willing to help out. He hates living with me when I don't workout :)

Thanks for getting the check-in started Terri!!

We got back from vacation last Saturday and had a great time. I even managed to walk every day for about an hour and do a little with the weights. We brought some 10 and 15 lbs dumbbells. That was my checkin for last week. We spent a lot of time outside swimming, fishing, and I impressed the kids with a little water skiing. The oldest finally got up and thought it was fun.

Great week everyone !! It looks like we are all anxious for the new tapes.

Aimee, I have no idea what to do with them yet.

Emily - You bring back memories when my kids were infants. I still like to workout in the morning. And my husband also knows I "need" that workout.

HB - You extra leg work sounds intriguing. I would like to slim my legs a little with some more definition. Have you ever used leg weights? My hubby just bought some and I might try to incorporate them a little. They are just 5lbs and you strap around wherever you want. Any suggestions. We don't belong to a gym so I need the "home" version.

Erica - What a week. I was out of breath reading it. O.k. I am going to be the "MOM" though but don't you need or deserve a rest day.

Well, here is my week:

Monday - Imax with chest and abs from CTX Chest

Tuesday - Step Works witn CTX Back also played a round of golf (18 holes) and can't remember when I sweated so much. We took a cart because it was about 97 that day and it felt like 105.

Wednesday - Leaner Legs also played another round of golf but not nearly has hot as yesterday.

Thursday - Cardio Kicks with Ctx Shoulders and abs

Friday - Step fit with CTX Biceps and abs

Saturday - MIC with CTX Triceps

Sunday - I usually take Sunday as a rest day but it looks like Monday is going to be pretty hectic so I plan on doing a mild run ( probably 30 minutes) with my 13 year old son. He is trying to get in shape before football starts the beginning of August. I them might do the weight part of BodyMax to get all the parts in two times this week. Monday will be a rest day for me.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Lynn W

Everyone has done so great this week. Some of your weeks makes me tired just thinking about all you did. Anyway, between back pain, a cold and eye trouble (again?) I still ended up with a fair week. I am feeling much better and my back is some better too.

MONDAY: Andre's Advanced Step. First time with this and it was fun. Will definitely have to work on the choreography. LOTS of turns. I was dizzy a couple of times but I enjoyed this workout. Andre is fun!

TUESDAY: PS-CST

WEDNESDAY: Nothing. Felt really bad with a cold.

THURSDAY: PS-BBA

FRIDAY: Still Steppin'

SATURDAY: Walked on our property, up and down hills for about an hour and then did an hour of yard work.

Well, I hope everyone has a wonderful week!!!

Kelly

I have 2 sets of ankle weights, one is five pounds per leg and the other is 2 pounds. The firm tapes use ankle weights, and the PS tape uses the body bar, but I use a barbell that weighs 15 lbs.

Hello everyone :)

All of your weeks really look incredible! I'm interested in lots of the tapes you mentioned that I don't have (non-Cathe stuff), but somehow I can't quite rationalize getting anything right now when I know I have all the new DVDs on the way...but boy is it hard to resist! Anyway...

MONDAY: CTX KB and PC abs + low back from PS BBA

TUESDAY: PS CST, PS inner and outer + LL step ups (my version)

WEDNESDAY: Stepworks in its entirety--not usual for me to NOT mix up parts of different cardio--this was fun to do all on its own!

THURSDAY: rest (lots of work on the playground outside at school moving and sorting toys in 100+ degree heat wiped me out, combined with starting my period, which always makes me SOOO tired!)

FRIDAY: PS BBA and 10-10-10 circuited + CK power drills, cooldown and stretch equals one great workout!

SATURDAY: PS SLA heaviest I've ever gone--felt great

SUNDAY: will do 45-60 minutes of cardio + plank work

I was light on the amount of cardio this week, and it feels weird to only be working each body part once per week, but I really am going as heavy as I can with PS, and I'm noticing strength gains already! Wooohoo :)

Have nice hot sweaty weeks!

Wendy

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jul-22-01 AT 04:22PM (Est)[/font][p]A good week for me. I think I am going to stop trying to do quite as much as everyone, and progress at my own pace. It's a rotation Cathe posted a couple years ago when I first started coming here. I can't believe you can do MIC only 3 1/2 mo. postpartum Emily! I have a 6 mo. old, and don't think I could do it. I was happy that I finished Step Works the other day. I, like you, have to have my workout though!

Sun. Step Heat - no abs

Mon. Step Max

Tue. PS total body 60 min. workout

Wed. Gay's 2k0? hi/low. FUN! Great music. Not real hard, but FUN FUN FUN!!!

Thur. Step Works

Fri. rest

Sat. Tough Tape - For some reason this one feels harder than MIS. And it's half as long!

It looks like I'll get to quit my job and be home with my kids in 3 weeks! I'm so excited!

Andrea (having cravings for something yummy...hurry up with that recipe HB!)

Yes, we CAN'T do everything everyone else does...for one it will wear us out, and it's not good sense. It's such a temptation, however, and VERY hard to resist!!!! If I tried to keep up with Erica, I'd drop dead!

We all have to find what works for us, and how to do it SMART, and not necessarily LONG!!!! I was going to do a rotation from a couple of Joyce Vedral's books, and I decided it would take too much time, so I decided against it. I can go to the Y (I pay them money every month for the opportunity) and do the same thing in less than half the time.

So many workouts, so little time!

Dear friends, I can't post any recipes till I've actually won! This is a very public forum, and I don't want my recipe stolen. There is a million bucks at stake!!! Experiment #1 went over well at church yesterday, I can tell you that.:9

RE: July 22 checkin

Hi guys

I have been playing quite a bit of slo pitch and so as not to do over do it, my workouts were quite limited this week. My throwing arm has been a bit sore so I decided not to lift any weights this week.

Monday - rest

Tuesday - CIA 9701 in a.m. and 2 games in p.m.

Wednesday - rest

Thursday - RAW workout in a.m. and 2 games in p.m.

Friday - rest

Saturday - 4 ball games in tournament

Sunday - 1 game

This is my last week of ball coming up. Then it is time to try and get in shape for the upcoming triathlon.

Have a great week all.

Kim

Hi everyone!

Thanks Terri for starting us off. I'm a bit late but decided to go ahead and post my week anyway. Here goes:

MONDAY~Unplanned rest day from cardio as relatives came in UNEXPECTEDLY from California. I did mangae to get in CTX & PS BICEPS and my 80 walking lunges later that night.

TUESDAY~Taught a Hi/Lo class(toning & ABS included), jogged two miles, CTX & PS TRICEPS

WEDNESDAY~CTX & PS SHOULDERS, Spin with Jay-rewound tape a REDID the team intervals and the last hill climb again! Whew!, CTX & PS BACK, 85 walking lunges

THURSDAY~Taught a Hi/Lo class(toning & ABS included), CTX & PS CHEST, PS-LEG work floorwork only, Power circuit plankwork and lower back spinal work

FRIDAY~90 walking lunges, Jogged 4 miles, ABS from StepHeat

SATURDAY~Jogged 5 miles, PSlegs-floorwork only

SUNDAY~REST! :)

Julie & Scott spent from Friday night til Sunday with us. We got to baby-sit Kennedy while the kids went to a wedding & reception on Saturday. Of course, she was an angel! http://www.themelee.com/smilies/s/otn/angels/littleangel.gif

She is changing every time we see her. She is 6 weeks old tomorrow and has gained almost two pounds. She LOVES to eat like her GRANNY!! Ha!

Great to see so many of you posting your workouts from week-to-week. They look great and sure do inspire me to keep it up! I have really enjoyed doing the jogging and combining of the CTX & PS series for bodyparts. I have not seen any weight loss but I do feel tighter amd have a bit more definition, sooo I'll take it!! Have a great week all.

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Hi Andrea!

I second what HB said - don't worry about what everyone else is doing and just do what is good for you! I really admire all of you moms with babies who are getting workouts in. And also all of the moms with jobs outside of the home. When my kids were babies, I stayed home and still hardly worked out - too tired and couldn't find the time. Now, my kids are a little older and I don't work so I'm able to exercise more at this point in my life.
Glad you'll be able to stay home with your kids soon!!
Erica

HB_I'm Betting on You to WIN!!

SEE YOU GUYS NEXT WEEK. I did enough to keep the bod going --in this heat--plus went on a boat trip on Saturday--yuck. i am not a boater.:-tired

RE: Hi everyone!

Debbie:
I'm really interested to know if you when you're doing the combining of the PS and CTX series for bodyparts, if you're doing the CTX series part first. Meaning, if you're doing chest, do you do CTX first BEFORE PS or vice versa?

When I did it, I did the PS first and then the CTX...So I was just wondering if you have done it both ways and which one you prefer and why...

Terri

Hi Terri!

To be honest with you, I just switch them around from time to time and I really don't notice a difference doing one before the other. There has been a few times I have had to lower my weight at the very end when my muscles are really starting to fatigue. I think the hardest part is push-ups. I do cheat on those and omit a couple here & there. (more so because I have carpal tunnel that flares up if I do too much with my wrists.)I really enjoy doing the two series together and have seen some more muscle definition. I use DVD's for my combining so I basically just start with whichever DVD is already inplace. Sorry I can't be of more help as far as the difference of sequence. Let me know if you feel a difference by switching to CTX first. I'd be curious.

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Better Late Than Never.....

Mornin' Folks...

I know that this is late, but I'm back from NorthEast AidsRide and It was the absolute thrill of a lifetime! I say to anyone who might be considering doing this type of event, but are waivering, JUST DO IT!!! The people, the experiences, the fun, is just totally awesome (not to mention raising money for a good cause!).

The weather was beautiful and we didn't have a drop of rain (which is very unusual from what I hear tell!) We did go under many water pistols and an entire road was lined with sprinklers and people spraying us!! :)

I can say, that without a doubt, it was probably one of the hardest things in my life I have done. I was so glad I trained as well as I did and that I practiced on lots of hills. They would hand out sheets each morning (called "The Daily Ride") and on it would be a graph of elevation levels and the route. Didn't look TOO bad till we started doing it! ayayayayayaya. I just dropped the gears and WENT Though and managed to make it up EVERY SINGLE HILL.... and YES! I was proud! So, here it is:

Monday: Rest Day (getting Ready!)

Tuesday: Rest Day (getting NERVOUS & getting ready)

Wednesday: Walked around Bear Mountain New York for Day Zero. Yes! I will count this. I was on my feet and walking ALL over. Got there nice and early and was able to see my Safety Video (before lines got unmanageable) and got all my wristbands -- towel service, safety video, rider bracelet, shuttle bracelet!!!

Thursday: Biked 92 miles -- Was told the worst of the hills were on day #1, since we were in the Mountains of New York! Yeah -- they were pretty nasty!

Friday: Biked 88 miles -- Wait! I thought the worst of the hills were on day #1? How did they sneak that 7 mile hill in with a couple of recovery places thrown in and then another 7 miles between pitstops?? We feel they are telling us stories! But we can all persevere. We can DO THIS!!!!! NanC came to meet me at camp that night and boy was it GREAT to see her!!! She was my boost of encouragement that this tired old lady needed! She and 2 friends cheered me across that line ..... :) She's the best!

Saturday: Biked 106 miles -- This was our FLAT day (or so they told us.). We knew we were in for trouble when the day started out UPHILL.. and kept going and going and going. Gradual but uphill none-the-less. Nancy hooked up with me down the road a piece, fell in line and biked with me. It's so nice to have someone to bike with!!! :) This was a hot day and we went through a city and there were many people dropping from dehydration. We followed the golden rule (despite heartburn from the gatorade!)... (hydrate, perspirate and urinate!). We almost lost one of our team members to dehydration, DESPITE her constant drinking. But, she bounced back! I got a flat tire on this day, but was fortunate enough to have the bike tech come around the corner and change it. Only to discover it was the actual TIRE that blew and not the inner tube....so they put on a mountain bike tire and I completed the day and the ride into Boston with a road tire on the front and a mountain bike tire on the back! So I was a little slower -- at least I didn't get SAGGED! I was able to complete the ride, which was my main goal! :)

Sunday: Biked 50 miles into Boston where we were greeted by thousands of people and did a victory ride. It was just too cool. Closing ceremonies were very emotional and it was the end of a wonderful chapter! And the evening was topped off by walking around Boston for quite some time and a party given by Tanqueray. Unlike New York City, BOSTON DOES SLEEP, which we found out the hard way, when the t-lines were all gated off by 1:00 a.m.!!!! By 1:35 a.m., we opted for a cab... I was BEAT!

Now to figure out what to do for my rotation or to keep me busy till my Cathe dvd's arrive!!!!!! ;-)

Till next time.
Cleda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.