Check in for 7-8-01

Hi everyone!! I'm sitting here tired and bored at the same time, so I thought I'd go ahead and start the check in. This was my first week doing my modified CTX rotation. It's funny though, I'd feel the burn while lifting but after doing the cardio my muscles would feel fine, and I'd think, "Man, I didn't work them hard enough!" But every moring I'd wake up and that bodypart would definately be sore! I just want to do this rotation until the new videos arrive. Then Watch Out!! I'm tackeling Slow and Heavy first!! What are you all planning on doing first? Ok, enough chatter, onto my week!!

MON: Yoga, CTX Chest, and StepJam

TUES: Yoga, CTX Back, and IMAX

WED: Leaner Legs and marching in a parade, then played basketball, and hot box with the kids.

THURS: Yoga, CTX Triceps, and Cardio Kicks

FRI: Yoga, CTX Biceps, and StepFit

SAT: Short on time had 3 ball games today so I did CTX Shoulders and the first section of BodyMax.

SUN: YOGA and REST!!

My eating wasn't the greatest this week. Too many leftovers between my daughter's birthday,and the 4th. Thing have been so hectic with ball this weekend, that we've eaten out Fri night, this afternoon and tonight!! Shame on me! I'll tell you what though. If you ever go to Arbys, get their Market Fresh turkey and Swiss sandwich!! DELICIOUS!!!!! Ok, have a great week everybody!!

Aimee

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jul-07-01 AT 10:37PM (Est)[/font][p][font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jul-07-01 AT 10:30 PM (Est)[/font]

Hey Aimee, it's hard to eat well this time of the year. That turkey and swiss sounds good. I have been meaning to try one of those sandwiches. What is hot box??? I'm like you, just kind of doing something until the new videos arrive. I really want that slow and heavy but of course looking forward to them all. My eating has been good and bad so I guess overall it was just fair. It averages out doesn't it? Anyway, here's my week...

MONDAY: Still Steppin'

TUESDAY: PS-CST

WEDNESDAY: Still Jumpin'

THURSDAY: PS-BBA

FRIDAY: Still Steppin'

SATURDAY: Nothing. Had to do a lot of cooking for a special meeting at my church. Made 6 quarts of potato salad. Now that's a lot of potato salad!

Overall a fair week but always room for improvement. I haven't really had any energy this week so it has been hard to work out at all. Hopefully that will improve soon!

Have a great week everyone!

Kelly

Aimee: what a great week! :-wow

I really respect that time commitment.
I have had contractors in remodeling my kitchen this week--between that, 4th of July, shopping for wallpaper and paint, my horse, and (some) of my regular job:
CF Step Works--forgot what a KILLER TAPE this is!!!
Precision Toning
Precision Perfect Mix (new Pilates)
Mindy 2101 Intervals
Mindy 2101 Pump Party (she just makes me laugh!)
Kathy Smith Great Buns,Thighs
Circuit Max--also a killer.
Firm Strongheart
Tomorrow; what? Vol 2 CTX Kickbox, Biceps is planned.
Plus, clean all of my track lighting; maybe go out to the barn--Murph :-hmmm

Aimee: I see you did like 5 days of yoga in one week....are you using yoga tapes? If so, which ones....

My week was so-so...my eating has been horrendous. I am a huge lover of blueberry muffins and I found this great place that makes them....yumm....I eat them as a desert after dinner....okay, enough salivating...

My week:

Monday: Nothing (great beginning, right?)

Tuesday: Circuit Max/Plank Work

Wednesday: PS Chest/CTX Shoulders/CTX Triceps/Abs, TKO Boxing

Thursday: CTX Back/Plank Work/Abs - tried Karen Voight PS Stretch. Not for nothing, but I do not like this tape at all. But that's just me...

Friday: Nothing.

Saturday: CTX Chest/CTX Shoulders/CTX Biceps/Abs/Karen Voight Yoga Sculpt (definitely liked this tape better than her stretch one mentioned above)

Sunday: Well, it's still only 7:30 a.m. so haven't quite decided yet. My hubby and I were going to go on a bike ride today but it's POURING outside so, so much for that idea. It's going to be cardio or yoga...or maybe both....I'm so indecisive...

Hope everyone has a great week!

Terri

Hi Terri! It all depends on my mood that day. Yoga Zone comes on the Health Network at 7:30, 9:00 and 10:00 a.m., usually I'll do the 7:30 one. But there are days (like Tuesday, Thursday, and today) when I felt like Crunch Joy of Yoga, or Ali MacGraw's tape. I'll tell you a great tape I haven't done in a while (hmmm... maybe I'll do it today instead of Ali's) Yoga with Ateeka. The warrior seriers is killer! But a very relaxing tape overall:)!

Aimee

Hi guys!
Aimee-Yes, what is hot box?
Kelly-I have also been low on energy (and sleep I think). If I liked coffee I would probably start drinking it.
Murph-Have fun on the remodel!
Terri-I also didn't really like Karen's stretch tape. I traded for one of Tamilee's and didn't really like it either. Guess I'd rather do it on my own.

Sun. return from camping

Mon. PowerBar

Tue. Xtreme Intervals

Wed. Crunch Boot Camp

Thur. 30 min. jogrunwalk

Fri. Upper body on my own real heavy

Sat. Power Circuit cardio

Andrea

Hi Everyone!
The end of my week has slowed down due to a pain in the middle of my back. It only hurts when I jump up and down? Kind of wierd...

Monday: BodyMax
Tuesday: PowerMax
Wednesday: MIS & Walk 3 miles
Thursday: Tae Bo Live II-advanced & Walk 1.5 miles
Friday: MIC (First half then my back kicked in when the step portion began? Can't figure it out...)
Saturday: PS L&A & Walk 2.5 miles
Sunday: PS C,S,&T--may walk later but it looks like rain here. No jumping around til this back feels better!

Have a great week everyone,
Cruncholi

Hi Everyone!

Aimee, thanks for starting us off. I guess you would be tired after 3 games!! My hubby had that Swiss & Turkey and liked it also! Good week for you!

Kelly~Potato Salad is my VERY favorite food! Do you have a special recipe? I put a lil' sour cream in mine! YUUUUUM! :9

Murph~Great week for you. I am soooo glad to see you back to your normal workouts!:-jumpy How's the kitchen looking? Hope you get out to see Echo today. See you in 22 days!:7

Terri~Come on over to my place for a bike ride. The sun is shining! :-cool Maybe, you need to make a deal with yourself~NO WORKOUT~NO MUFFIN!! I know, who am I kidding? Enjoy!

Andrea~Have you considered teaching anymore?

Okeedokee, onto my week:

Monday~Jogged 4 miles, did 50 walking lunges, CTX-TRICEPS & PS-TRICEPS

Tuesday~Taught a Hi/Lo class, CTX-BICEPS, PS-BICEPS, plank work from PC & AB work from PC

Wednesday~Jogged 3 miles, CTX-CHEST, PS-CHEST, did 55 walking lunges

Thursday~Taught a Hi/Lo class, CTX-LEGS w/ABS, PS-Floorwork only

Friday~Jogged 4 miles, 60 walking lunges, CTX-BACK, PS-BACK, Plankwork, reverse plankwork and ABS from KB

Saturday~CTX-SHOULDERS, PS-SHOULDERS, IMax

Sunday~REST! http://www.mpz.co.uk/cwm/cwm/cwm/blah.gif (cause, we all need them, right?)

I started a CTX-PS series rotation this week as you can see. I really liked working the bodypart extra long. I have really felt it too! I had planned to try to double up a couple of times and then add in a total body workout too, but time just didn't permit this week. The workouts felt great though! I am also incorporating walking lunges into my routine and will add 5 each time til I reach 100! If that doesn't work for that spot BACK THERE, nothing will! Have a great week all and I look forward to reading everyone else's posts! HAPPY SUNDAY!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)"If You Get The Chance To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!"

Hi Cruncholi!

I missed you on my post. I ALWAYS miss someone! Sorry to hear about your back! :-( BUMMER! Hope it gets better real soon.

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)
"If You Get The Chance To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!"

RE: Kelly and Andrea

Well, we call it Hot Box,but you have 2 people who throw a ball back and forth while you run in between the two and try to get on base before they can tag you. Basically, it's like baseball, just a lot shorter and trying to beat a throw ball is hard! Anyway, my hubby and older brother were the ball throwers while me, my daughter, and my nephew were the runners. After you get tagged 3 times you're out. Whoever is left running wins. I never won;-)! Well, I hope this cleared it up. Nobody's ever asked me that before. I've heard it called Monkey in the Middle?? Maybe?

Aimee

RE: checking in again

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jul-08-01 AT 11:24AM (Est)[/font][p]Hi everyone

I missed the checkin last week as I was off to Calgary with my date (celebrated my 38th there on the Friday) and thought checking in on Wednesday was a bit too late.

Deb - you had a good looking week; hope those walking lunges do the trick for you.

Aimee - what kind of ball do you play? fastball or slowpitch? ball is ball and I love it.

Kelly - now you have me craving potato salad!

Terri - they say blueberries are full of antioxidants and very good for you - feel better?

Andrea - I am with you and Terri about not liking Pure and Simple Stretch (there are so many newer stretch/yoga tapes out there aren't there?)

Cruncholi - you should check that back problem out with a doctor. sounds like impact has something to do with it. I hope it gets better for you real soon.

Here goes my week. In case anyone doesn't spot a rest day (and you won't), I took last Saturday and Sunday off while still in Calgary.

Monday - run 30 minutes, 41 pushups in a row and then sets of 10 and 15 til I hit 100. (did I feel my abs the next day or what!)

Tuesday - PST CST and ball game in the p.m.

Wednesday - Happy Hour High Low (thinking about buying Still Jumpin - is the workout as intense as HH I wonder?)

Thursday - PS SLA (55# barbell) and ball practice in p.m.

Friday - run 45 minutes in my spankin new running shoes (knew I needed them after my Monday run)

Saturday - PS BBA and Intense Moves (had not done this one in quite a while - felt great)

Sunday (today) - I think I will do Strength, Balance and Flexibility and then I have a ball practice for a provincial team we are putting together. Tomorrow will be a day of rest and perhaps even a massage.

Long post this week huh? Have a great week all.

Kim

Well, another week over. Where do they go? Everyone's weeks look great. The holiday in the middle of the week was a bit wierd. Let me get right to it:

Monday: Biked 56.21 miles, but was tired.

Tuesday: Yoga For Athletes (first two sections) Still don't like Yoga, but KNOW I have to stretch!

Wednesday: 11 miles (broke 1700 on my bike), Still Jumpin'

Thursday: Rest day -- We all know why!

Friday: Rest day -- Cuz I was EXHAUSTED

Saturday: 27.25 miles

Sunday: Still Jumpin', The Firm Max. Body Sculpting, 2nd section of "I Want Those Abs".

I haven't done tall box climbs in forever. ayayayaya. I'll be lucky if I'm walking tomorrow.....

I really think that after the ride, I might try a Firm Rotation. We'll see. I've been going through tape withdrawal. :-(

Have a Great Week everyone!
Cleda

I think there was a vibe many of us were picking up on this week with our eating. My food cravings were absolutely out of control this week. I even had a dream where I demanded to be taken out to eat to get dessert to my husband. I bought really good quality peanut butter cups, quiche, boxes of cookies, spinach dip made with cream cheese AND feta (a gazillion fat grams!), and pizza. I don't know what was going on but I just could not stop eating junk food. It was all I wanted. Had a good week though thank goodness.

MON--Step Max, taught yoga class
TUES--taught athletic training class AM, taught step aerobics PM, Yoga for Athletes
WED--MIC, FIRM Upper Body Split, Yoga for Flexibility
THUR--taught athletic training class AM, taught step aerobics PM
FRI--REST
SAT--Powerstrike kickboxing, Circuit Max
SUN--CTX All Step & Abs, CTX 10/10/10 Cardio, Kathy Smith yoga

I am going away this weekend for a wedding and I am hitting it hard until then because I don't know if I will be able to workout. Let's hope my eating is a little more disciplined in the coming days.

Everyone had a good week and I want to congratulate all. If any of you wanted my exercise calendars, I am trying to get them out this week. You now know how much of a procrastinator I am. I'be been found out. Have a wonderful week everybody!

All my best, Cyndie

RE: Kim

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jul-08-01 AT 10:58PM (Est)[/font][p]Ooops!! Sorry! I guess I worded wrong!!While I love ball and was a catcher for many years, I do not play anymore. Just coach. I have 3 kids who each had a game one right after another. 10 am, 2pm, and 5pm. Does coaching count as exercise? Anyway, I have one in t-ball, one in softball (fast pitch) and one in major boys. Along with 2 nephews. I also coach soccer, and while I do scrimage my team (our practices are nothing more than kids vs. the parents), if you ever see me post ball game or soccer game or something like that, I'm merely nothing more than the loud, voice that bends steel, coach out there;-)!

Aimee

RE: Hi Aimee

Hey, it's cool to be a coach and I am sure glad to have had some wonderful ones over the years. Good coaches are a lot like good teachers - some you never forget and they do make a difference.

Kim

More PS/CTX

I think I might have at least one more week in me for this rotation and then maybe I'll swap the order and do CTX first and see how it changes the weights on PS. However..the boredom factor is creeping in;-).

Monday: Chest PS(Bench Press, DB Incline press, Incline Fly/all CTX...no pushups(blech). Followed strength with 1/2 of Still Jumpin'. PM I tried 20 minutes of Still Steppin' and it squashed my Christi confidence. I only managed 20 minutes. I think I'll keep Jumpin' for a bit and wait on the Steppin';O).

Tuesday: Legs PS(Squats and deads)/LL stopped before sit and stands. tacked on 50 sissy squats:OP.

Wednesday: Shoulders PS(overhead w/barbell, lateral, reverse)/all CTX.

Thursday: Biceps PS(reg curls, neg curls, and concentrations)/all CTX, followed with 8 minute get ripped Taebo, Planks of Circuit Max and Abs from PS on coreboard. Yikes...between the KB of Taebo with the planks and abs on coreboard..my abs were sore for days. Good workout:O). PM bike ride with DH, friend and her SO.

Friday: Triceps PS(close grip, french w/bar)/CTX..no pushups..hate'em.

Saturday: Back PS(tbar, bent, onearm)/all CTX. Followed with a very lame example of IMAX:OP.

Sunday: nada...had wanted to do some cardio outside but it turned out to be a miserable dreary day. Went and picked up 25lb DBs from Replay Sports instead. The guy was checking to make sure I had the right size and then asked if I had them OK..like, did I need help getting them to my car. I was extremely polite and just smiled through this all....geeshhh..as the eyes rolled further back into my head..

Mental note...get more cardio in!

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/naconfer/images/summervfnut.gif

Nancy, sissy squats

I saw them in M&F Hers and thought about trying them out. Was 50 HARD? Or just moderately tough? How did you like them?

Andrea

DebbieH, me teaching

Right now all my energies are going into figuring out how to be a tightwad so I can become a SAHM for the next 5 years and raise my own children. I'm thinking maybe I should try starting up a class at that time. I know it wouldn't do anything for me money wise, but I really think it would be fun. The idea is still sitting in the back of my head, just hanging out there for a while.

Andrea

Andrea..

I did the flat foot version instead of the "on the toes" ones in the magazine. As far as hard;-), I was aiming for 100. They start out feeling "easy" but as they get going, you're legs start to feel like rubber and then they just don't want to move. They got tacked on at the end of that workout to really burn the muscles with an ending high rep exercise. There wasn't much left in my legs at that point but it felt good to try and do them..if that makes sense. I'm about ready to do that same workout this morning and just wondering if I can get more today. Last week was the trial run and that leg workout didn't land on the best of days during the old monthly cycle;-)...so I'm going for 100 again...even if I have to do two sets split up..or three;-).

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/naconfer/images/summervfnut.gif

Hey Nanc!

What is a sissy squat? Just wanted to let you know I THINK I may have seen a step'n'go on Sunday??? Do you sit back in it in a recumbent position? I saw this guy tearing down the street of my in-laws in this contraption that loolked like FUN! It had a long, tall pole sticking up the back of it with a flag on it so people could see him coming since he was low to the ground. I wanted to yell out to him and ask him if I could have a turn! ;-)

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)
"If You Get The Chance To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!"

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.