Check in 9/3/2000

H

honeybunch

<center><font size="1" color="#ff0000">LAST EDITED ON Sep-03-00 AT 12:39PM (EST)</font></center>

My first week with the new tapes, and I started with CTX...did 3 and the other 2 to preview.

Monday: Step and intervals. Those staggered pushups are killers!!!

Tues: Kickbox - very easy to follow

Leaner Meaner Legs: Loved this one

Thurs: 30 minute run/walk

Friday: Shoulder work only

Saturday: Power Circuit...another real goodie!

So I haven't done All Step and 10-10-10.

I MUST add that every crew member in the videos LOOKED GREAT, and did a wonderful job.

Cathe, thank you for making my workout scheduling a no-brainer now....I just pull one out of the box!!!!! HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY!!!!

Have to ready myself and my small house for a family picnic tomorrow. There will be NO healthy food there anywhere in sight!!!!!!! I skipped my usual Saturday pigout so's I can devote all my attentiont to this massive Labor Day pork-out. No new desserts this week (two that I've made before), but I'm trying a Western Range Baked Bean recipe which I'm real excited about.
happy.gif

Loving the new vids,

Great week HB! I didn't get mine until Wen. So that's when I started with them. I felt that I had a pretty good week, but then I step on the scale this morning and realize I have gained a few pounds. Bummer
sad.gif
! I'll have to cut out my ice cream at night. OK, here's my week!! MON- Strong-n-Smooth Moves(am), BodyMax(pm). TUES- Step Heat(am), soccer game(pm). WED- Strong-n-Smooth Moves(am), Circut Max(pm). Thurs- Cardio Kicks(am), Soccer(pm). Fri- Step-N-Intervals(am), Power Circut(pm). Sat- Body Pump(am), Leaner Legs(pm). Sun- All Step(am), 10-10-10(pm) I haven't done either of these two yet, but this is what I plan on doing for the day. I may have to come back and edit it later
wink.gif
! Have a good holiday everybody!!

I'm a DVD holdout

<center><font size="1" color="#ff0000">LAST EDITED ON Sep-03-00 AT 10:07AM (EST)</font></center>

Honeybunch and Aimee, I'm so envious! I did the PS series as a consolation. And Aimee, I can definitely relate to the nighttime ice-cream indulgences! Ice cream is my main food weakness.

Here was my week:

Monday: 45 minute treadmill run; PS SLA; Back Care Yoga. I'm really enjoying treadmill runs! They are definitely easier on my hips than asphalt runs, and I love being able to do hills and speed pickups. Not having to contend with cars is nice, too! Of course, when fall comes I'll be itching to get outside, but for now this is good. I think next time I do a treadmill run I'm going to listen to a nature CD and just pretend I'm outside!

Tuesday: PS CST; 45' spin class

Wednesday: PS BBA; Breakthru Cardio Step (wanted an easy cardio day today)

Thursday: 45' spin class; Power Yoga class. I loved the yoga class! I've taken non-power yoga live classes before, but only done power yoga to videos. Bless Bryan Kest's heart--he really prepared me for this class! I'm going to try to make this class part of my weekly schedule.

Friday: BodyPump class (I had to leave before abs in order to be home with the kids before my husband left for work); 45' treadmill run; Method Target Specifics Abs

Saturday: Part 1 of Ab Attack; 45' spin class. Oh, and I also ran a 4/10 mile kids' race with my 6 1/2 year old son. I broke a sweat (probably because it was close to 100% humidity and I was carrying a backpack with all our stuff in it).

Sunday: Rest! We're going to a Labor Day weekend barbecue later (weather permitting) and I'll probably toss a frisbee around a little. Tomorrow is the US 10K Classic, so gotta get ready for those hills! Here's a link to the course: http://www.us10k.org/html/course_descrip.htm There was a sports festival yesterday promoting the race, and I bought a T-shirt that I couldn't resist. This is what the back of the shirt says:

Yeah, that's right.
The course with the tough hills.
We've got hills. Life's got hills.
What are you going to do?

Walk away?
Or face the challenge.
-------------------------------
I just love it!!!

Have a great Labor Day, everyone!

Kristin

P.S. The course description lies--it is NEVER 62 degrees in Atlanta in early September! 72 degrees and humid is more like it. I guess they really want people to want to run this race! LOL!

Back from Vacation!

Well, I'm back from vacation in the Dominican Republic. And I'm embarrassed to say this but....even though there was a gym there, I did not work out ONCE the whole trip! Which is definitely unusual for me, but oh well....

THEN I come back to all my new Cathe tapes and couldn't WAIT to jump right in and try them....But THEN I come down with a really horrible head cold, so that really screwed things up for me.

So here's my sad week of workouts:

Monday: Arrived home from vacation late Monday night.

Tuesday: Still busy unpacking, doing laundry, the works.

Wednesday: GHAS and Abs

Thursday: Cardio Kicks (which I LOVED!!!)

Friday: Really "felt" the results of Cardio Kicks from the day before...my back/shoulders/abs...wonderful feeling. HOWEVER, came down with a bad head cold so did nothing.

Saturday: SICK

Sunday (today): Decided to go light as I'm still a bit "under the weather". Just did MIS Legs only and some ab work.

Hoping to do one of Cathe's new tapes by tomorrow, as long as my health holds up!

Have a good week everyone!

Tania

Back from vacation and PF

Hi everyone.
Until last Sunday I was on a 2 1/2 week "vacation" (I use quotations because I was more exhausted after I got back!) and before that my Plantar Fasciitis was causing me way too much trouble. So it's been quite a while since I did any videos (I did climb a couple of mountains on vacation though).When I got the new tapes Tuesday I started back, and while it feels good to be back, I'm really depressed about how much behind I am. I had to modify EVERYTHING. But I let myself and promised my self to keep it low while I ease back in. My foot still hurt a bit too. When will it ever be better?
Tuesday-CTX Kickbox/biceps
Wednesday-CTX All Step/shoulders
Thursday-CTX Step and Intervals (Yeah right, I made it through about 15 minutes, but I did do the chest work at the end)
Friday- CTX Leaner Legs (ouch!)
Saturday- I decided to just finish up the weights for the week so I can start again on Monday. Warmup from Cardio Kicks, then Triceps then BAck and Abs.
HAve a great week everyone. It's good to be back!
Sarah E.

The Past Eight Weeks

Hi, everybody! I'm finally back at home in Colorado after working at Japanese-language summer camp in Minnesota. It was the best of six summers at the Concordia Language Villages--lots of hard work (16-18 hour days) but sooo much fun.

I had resolved to do push-ups everyday but ended up doing them once. Of couse, I knew this would happen. I did do a lot of solo canoeing and carrying of heavy boxes so my upper body strength didn't whittle away too much.

For my lower body, I did the chase-the-kids-up and-down the hills legs of steel workout. The camp site is spread out and very hilly. My butt was often sore and my calves have really grown. I'm glad to see the results I've gotten with hiking and walking since I don't particularly like standard calf exercises.

My flexibility is a mess, though did do yoga out on the dock one sunny afternoon. I was in child's pose and looking through the wooden slats at the fish when a muskrat swam by, about four inches away from my face. Never seen one before and about fell in the water seeing a giant swimming R.O.U.S. up that close. Ack!

I'm starting on the videos again this week. I have missed Kathy and Cathe and Cory! Think I'll stick to Kathy Smith and Crunch for weights this week, while my body gets used to those motions again.

Thanks for listening! Had to start checking in again so I'll stay honest and do my workouts!

happy.gif
Gretchen

Super week!

Thank you Cathe and SNM..(OK Kristin and DVD holdouts..look away)...thanks for the new workouts!!!!
happy.gif

There is an advantage to waiting...at least the VHS people are working out the options and ideas on rotations for you folks waiting. I still am not sure how I want to use these with all my other tapes. Well...here is how this week worked.

But first...Welcome back Tania and Sara..Sara, hope the foot feels better soon.

Kristin and HB...icecream is my weekness too (not good for a dairy intolerant person
wink.gif
)...I tried to control it by passing on the tubs and going for the predetemined serving sizes in bars and such..Now I just eat twice as many nestle drumsticks as I should
wink.gif
...their cookies and cream is to die for!

OK..here is the week...
Monday: A rest day! Can you believe that?! I received the rest of my tapes today and sat out just previewing them like a good doobey because of all the tough cardio I had just done over the weekend..and knew I needed a break...I may be a fitness nut...but occasionally I think
wink.gif
. OK..done thinking
happy.gif
..let her rip!....

Tuesday: OH baby...AM (couldn't wait to get up!)Cardio from Step Intervals(note in log...great music for the last interval and step segment before it!)and Cardio from 101010..this left them precued to the weight work for future use. PM..Meaner Legs! Never thought I would love endurance as much as I do with these tapes. Cleda had given me some ideas on Firm tapes to try...but don't need them now
wink.gif
I just loved this workout. I think I will load to bars though...the weight on the squat, lunge work was fine, but I could go heavier for the deadlifts and I want to keep the flow going...if you don't hear from me next week, you know I made the wrong choice on that and I am probably still stuck in the deadlift position! LOL
happy.gif
...there is a note in my log last week..it reads, "foolishly but down barbell on floor for recovery, only to hear Cathe say..OK, right into deadlifts" hehehehe

Wednesday: Light day...Janis's Ringside, fun KB tape, best of Janet yet..but the audio is terrible.

Thursday: Back at it!
wink.gif

AM, All Step cardio and then the Chest, Shoulder, and Tri work from the Express. This is where I think I will be changing things. Doing three parts was a killer...may have to break it down into two parts a day. Very humbling experience...not sure if it had to do with doing them all together and fininshing with the tris...that were just spent, but I have to hunt down my old 4 pounders for that last tri work...kickbacks! Yeooooooowww.
OK..thursday isn't done yet
wink.gif
..nothing like a double duty day! Kickboxing class with my buddies and then an extreme class afterwards. I looked like a dishrag trying to punch that bag!LOL

Friday: Tried to keep it a lighter day...CTX power circuit cardio only...left it precued for later. I also used no weight for the circuits and still found this to be a great cardio workout that. I am hoping that using no weight on the circuits will let me put this cardio anywhere and not interfere with leg recovery??? right?

Saturday: Heavy day again
happy.gif
KB class in AM, very tough one, this was Olindas class, and I haven't had her class in a long time...she really drives me and I love it!
PM...CTX kickboxing cardio and then the Back and Bi work from CTX..loved the Bi work..not to slight the back work..but my Bis were fired up! I have never fely them so engaged before
happy.gif
aaahhhh...and after that workout last night..I am even feeling it as I turn the pages in my log
wink.gif

Sunday:...well the plan is to take it light, no matter what I do. But I plan something...could be a nice stretch day. Hey! Which reminds me...I absolutely love love love the new stetch segments in Cathes CTX...I just might have to make a long stretch combo out of them as an alternative to my millenium stretch and body bar innovative stretch tape. That could be the plan today
happy.gif

This was a super week for me..right up my alley. I ain't happy unless I am really being pushed intensity wise...call me crazy..and you can
wink.gif
but I am just a happy little piggy wallowing in mud righ now. OK...a sore little piggy with a lot of recovery going on..but happy happy happy.
The next 8 weeks I plan to work these tapes hard...kick it up a notch and make a difference
happy.gif
. I am going to do my best at controlling the over doing..but I also know that after 8 weeks, I will be cutting back more to a maintenance schedule..but for now..watch out
wink.gif
Yea, I know..big talk..watch, I'll be slumpin' in a week LOL!!!

Have a good week everyone.

nancy:O)

OK...

typos everywhere...but who can kill off those harmless smileys when you edit! LONG LIVE THE SMILEYS!
happy.gif

Welcome home Gretchen

We posted at the same time
happy.gif
. Camp sounded like a blast and hard work too...but kodus for trying to fit stuff in around your busy camp schedule. Loved the muskrat story. Can I blame you when I can't get the Captain and Taneille (sorry on the spelling) song of Muskrat Love out of my head today! LOL

1st time to checkin

I am getting back into a routine after a six month slump due to illness and decided to join the checkin to keep myself on track. I love reading everyone's checkins every week.

Mon - Hot Yoga I Section 1, Chest & Shoulders from PS CST
Tues - Tired, rest day
Wed - prep for colonoscopy - definitely not fun!
Thurs - colonoscopy (I think they oversedated me because I slept for like 18 hours once I got home)
Fri - Recover from colonoscopy and preview new videos
Sat - light day to make sure I was fully recovered from the scope - Macarena Workout and UB section of Kathy Smith Timesaver Weights
Sun - Step and Intervals - I modified a lot but it was fun, fun, fun! Those staggered pushups are really tough! My 2 year old gave me lots of Go Mommy! cheers to help me through them.

Can I join in?

Hi everyone--
It hasn't been my best week, so I guess it's not the best time to join the check-in, but you guys aren't judgmental so I'll just do it anyway! I've been posting for a few months in the forums, but have never checked in--just keep a log in a calendar. I'm on a rotation that Cathe posted about three weeks ago, but I have to make some substitutions because I don't (YET) have all the tapes she listed. So, here goes:

SUNDAY: listed: 1/2 hr non-step cardio and PSBBA
did: NAC interval challenge and PSBBA

MONDAY: listed: rest
did: rest

TUESDAY: listed: MIS
did: MIS

WEDNESDAY: listed: Interval Max 8min abs
did: Intense Moves Karen Voight abs from Stong arms and abs

THURSDAY: listed: MIC
did: Stepworks ( I was feeling my knees and lower back, so I did this on the floor until the last section which I did on the step. I know this wasn't anything LIKE what MIC is, but I was not having a good workout day! Plus, I don't have MIC.)

FRIDAY: listed: walk 60 minutes
did: unplanned rest
sad.gif
(my boyfriend had someone from work coming over, so after work I had to run around cleaning the apartment. Maybe I got ten minutes of cardio in!)

SATURDAY: listed: MIS
did: MIS planks from Power Circuit as I was previewing it--love those things!!

SUNDAY: listed: Stepworks 8 min abs
plan : 10-10-10 and All Step abs from Power Circuit

You all look like you had terrific weeks, and you inspire me! Have another good one
happy.gif

62 degrees in September? PLEASE!!!!

Dear Kristin,

I lived in Atlanta for 12 years (Roswell), and I can't remember it Ever being that cool. I got married in 1994 in Atlanta at the end of October and I don't even think it was that cool then. You're right, whoever wrote the description was using wishful thinking! Good luck!!

Vickie

Hi everyone!

Fun week with those new videos - I am just loving them.
Honeybunch: Have to have the Western Range Baked Bean recipe - I'm sure it's great!

Kristin: Good luck on the race!! Love the t-shirt!!

Tania: Hope you feel better soon!!

I am another ice cream lover - absolutely my favorite food!!

Today is my birthday and dh gave me a Heart Rate Monitor!! I love it, but don't know what to do with the information now!! What does it mean in terms of your workout when you go over your target hear rate zone? What is better - burning more calories, or burning more calories from fat? I am confused!! Anyway, here is my week:

Monday - run 4 miles, Leaner Legs, Biceps and Back from CTX

Tuesday - run 4 miles, All-Step, chest and triceps from CTX

Wednesday: exercise bike - 30 minutes, Cardio Kicks

Thursday: Power Circuit (WU and cardio) plus Circuit Max. I don't think I'll do that combo again - I was beat!

Friday: All-Step (WU and Cardio), TKO Boxing Body

Saturday: Bike - 30 minutes, Leaner Legs, back from CTX

Sunday: 9703 (cardio), Step & Intervals, abs from Power Circuit Used my HRM for the first time - was a lot of fun!

Hope everyone enjoys the holiday weekend!! I'm off for pizza and cake at the in-laws!!
Erica

Welcome Christina

I have to say, your mid-week workout wouldn't have been my first choice
wink.gif
. Hope all turns out well with the test..and welcome aboard!

Wendy...

Hey, a hiddy ho to you to
happy.gif

I love how you substituted tapes that you have for the ones(that I think) was picked by Cathe for your routine!

The rotation looks great. How long will you stay on this one? And I would have to disagree...your week looks super. Do the best that you can and make yourself happy. Sometimes one simple stretch session for the week qualifies for that
wink.gif

Erica!!!

Happy Happy Happy Birthday you amazing amazon you!!!

Have fun with the new toy and it will be a blast checking in and seeing what zone you were at during your workouts
happy.gif

And a warning to everyone! If there is a workout that kills Erica...avoid it at all costs! hehehe...I got a chuckle at Thursday Erica
wink.gif
, surprised you could even stand on Friday. I know you scared me off of that one.

steelers 0, ravens 10 -- checkin!

Well,
My Steelers are opening up today and are down as expected. Needed a break from watching their ineptness. And if they lose my fellow co-workers will never let me live it down.
My week went like this:
mon -- 35 min elliptical climber very hard. abs, legs, back,
tues. -- rest
wed. -- 35 min. recumbent bike extremely hard. drove those pedals HARD!!
happy.gif
abs, chest, shoulders
thurs. -- rest
fri. -- 35 min. climber with a moderate intensity.
abs, bis, tris
sat. -- rest
sun. -- bodymax ALL of it!!
Started doing all machine work on weights except legs where i will continue to use squats along with extensions and presses. Using the 2 sec pos./4 sec. neg. movement for now. Happy to report no dropoff in cardio capacity and my abs are REALLY getting tight!
happy.gif

Tues and Thurs. need to be open for now.
Welcome to the newcomers this week. Im really interested in all the feedback on the new vids....keep it coming!!
Stay safe, happy , and healthy as always ladies!
Trevor
happy.gif

Here we go...

Steelers, Here we go!
Trevor, my boyfriend comes from Beaver, Pa (just North of Pittsburgh), and I'm from State College Pa. We are both Steelers fans, of course
happy.gif

hi Nancy!

Thanks for the response.
happy.gif

The rotation is a three weeker that I'm supposed to repeat 4 times ( a 12 week rotation in all), but I might just stick it out for six weeks, check my results, and if they're not great switch to a rotation that uses the new stuff. We'll see...
So far I like what I see, but I'm wanting to do those new videos, and I loved doing 10-10-10 and All Step today!
Wendy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.