Check-in 12-01-01

Steppingup

Cathlete
Hello everyone! I just finished for the week so I thought I would start my "first" thread. I hope everyone has had a wonderful, productive week. I am still no impacting and staying with my chiropractor's orders. I am finding that some videos are easier to modify than others. It is near to impossible to take ALL impact out of Hi/Lo but step is much easier, at least for me anyway. I have walked a lot this week and it's amazing how sore I was after walking. You would think after all that step that walking would not phase me. Ahhhhhhh, crosstraining....that's the ticket! Better get to it:

MONDAY: 4-mile walk I actually did an 11-minute mile on one of these miles. I was hoofing it.

TUESDAY: MIS

WEDNESDAY: 3-mile walk I would have done more but there was a supicious charactor hanging around the neighborhood and so I thought it better to go inside.

THURSDAY: W/U Hi/Lo Cardio Parties This was not happening so I put in Still Stepping but just did the 1st section. This was not a high energy day.

FRIDAY: Circuit Max I did not want to do MIS today for some reason so since I had not done this in a while I thought I would give it a try. It was a little difficult to modify some of it to low impact but it was still a good workout. I am not a fan of combining moves but this was good for a change.

SATURDAY: 5-mile walk Also included an 11-minute mile.

Taking out all of the impact is not getting my heart rate very high but I still sweat. I feel like I am losing a lot of endurance and I am basically just trying to maintain my weigh lifting gains but still feel like I am losing there also. Oh well, I hope to be jumping again one day. I keep thinking at least I CAN work out and am not totally sidelined.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and a great week!!!!

Kelly
eeyore.gif

Hi Kelly! I'm glad you are able to still be thankful that you can workout. And that you enjoy it too. This week had a very high, high and a low, low.

Sun. Went through routine once
Mon. Taught my first aerobics class! What a rush! (The high)
Tue. Tough Tape
Wed. 2K01 (Gay's) hi/lo. Wow! Not out of breath at all! I've improved! Baby started throwing up today and didn't stop until Saturday (the low)
Thu. nothing...holding baby all day while he slept.
Fri. Went through routine with a new block
Sat. FIRM Boot Camp 3-n-1 first workout. Didn't like this the first time I did it, and didn't like it today either. There is no warmup to speak of, and it moves too fast between exercises.

Can't wait for Monday! Get to teach again! I loaned some Cathe's to my sis-in-law and she loves her too! She put a step on her Christmas list.
Andrea

Kelly -- Walking can be a great workout. At an 11 minute mile pace you are really moving. I love walking this time of year because you get to see all the pretty decorations going up all over the neighborhood it keeps it interesting.

This is my first check-in. Some of you may be familiar with the 20 Minute Aerobic Solution from Body for Life but for those of you that aren't it may not sound like much but it is high-intensity interval training and it is really tough.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Sunday--Rollerblade 45 minutes and Baron Baptiste Hot Yoga Video

Monday--20 Minute Aerobic Solution (lifecycle) and CTX Chest

Tuesday--Feeling lousy -- Yoga Zone Power Yoga

Wednesday--20 Minute Aerobic Solution (Lifecycle) CTX Back

Thursday--CTX Kickbox CTX Biceps/Triceps and Yoga Class at gym and Ran 45 minutes

Friday--20 Minute Aerobic Solution (Lifecycle) CTX Chest and Shoulders and Abs

Saturday--Ran 50 minutes (Had PS legs scheduled but went running instead to take advantage of the beautiful weather (record breaking 71 degrees in December!)

I'm up early this morning. Couldn't sleep because I'm so excited about finally going snowshoeing today. :-jumpy

Here's my week:
SUNDAY--PS CST, SNI (so much fun!)
MONDAY--legs with personal trainer, 30 min. swim drills
TUESDAY--Rhythmic Step (only half-hearted attempts at sec. 3 & the challenge)
WEDNESDAY--active rest
THURSDAY--5.5 mile hike with fifth-graders; got lost, AGAIN! Ended up on top of the wrong peak, but didn't tell the kids. We made it back down OK, with no backtracking, so everyone but me was relatively happy. :-rollen
FRIDAY--active rest
SATURDAY--S&H Triceps & Biceps, 10-10-10 cardio

The CTX cardio is way fun! It's a perfect 30 min., intense add-on after Slow & Heavy. I guess I haven't done the cardio portions of the CTX series much since I've had the DVDs. I understand why everyone says they're addictive.

I'm off to the mountains. Don't worry--I've got my compass ... ;-)

http://www.plauder-smilies.de/pyth.gif Gretchen

RE: Snowshoeing is starting to look like an option for me too

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-02-01 AT 11:30PM (Est)[/font][p]Hi everybody

It is snowing like crazy today and so I guess a run will be out of the question.

Hey Gretchen, when I was a kid of 7, I lived in Idado Springs for a year. I remember going mountain climbing with my friends and having a blast.

Kelly, this too shall pass but you have to let things heal. It sounds like you are taking the right approach but don't ignore pain.

Here was my week:

Monday - Power Hour in a.m. and Happy Hour Hi lo w/o abs in p.m.

Tuesday - was out of town and took an "advanced" step class. It may have been advanced high impact wise but not choreography wise (and I am not big on too much choreography). Then I took a Body Flow class which I quite enjoyed.

Wednesday - rest

Thursday - Power Hour

Friday - run/walk for 60 minutes in a.m.

Saturday - unplanned rest and big pigout day (yuck)

Sunday - I am thinking Body Max for a little metabolism jolt. (Nope, ended up doing Rhythmic Step, abs from Happy Hour and Fat Burning Yoga. My 11 year old daughter did the Yoga with me which was very cool.)

Have a great week everyone.

Kim

Hi everybody!

Here's my week:

Monday--REST
Tuesday--second half of Circuit Max
Wednesday--REST
Thursday--Latin Groove workout (LOVE this one)
Friday--Fit to Kick
Saturday--REST
Sunday--Got through ALL of Circuit Max!

Hope everyone is getting in the holiday spirit. Have a great
week.

Laura

Hi Everybody!!! Well, I have to brag. I had a wonderful weekend!! I got to meet HB and Debbie for the first time and they are two terrific ladies!! We went out to lunch and went shopping. Then I came home to my DH's homade meatball subs! YUMMY!! Then I made sugar cookies and gingerbread men and we put up our trees and decorations!! I'm definately in the Christmas spirit:)!!
Ok, here was my week:

MON: walk/run, CST w/abs, forarms and calves and taught class

TUES: Gilad step aerobics(I alway do easy workouts on leg day) BBA and Legs

WEDS: Yoga, yoga, yoga

THURS: MIC(step only), CST w/ abs forarms, and calves

FRI: Gilad fat burning aerobics, BBA and Legs

SAT: Yoga, and eating and shopping with Debbie and HB:)!!!

SUN: IMAX yes, HB, I got the urge for it after talking to ya'!

OK, that's my week!! I'm getting the urge to compete again. Think I'm gonna look for something for the spring or summer. I'll let you all know if I find anything!
Have a wonderful week everybody!!

Aimee

Hi everyone!

I've been working thru my video collection the last few weeks especially Firm tapes 'cause of the tall box work. Hope to do some hiking soon & on the last hiking trip I strained a glute muscle. Hard to believe. I know, I should be doing Tough Tape but the upper body work is uh, minimal.

Mon: Walk/trot 40 min w/ dogs (this was more like dog sledding since the fields were muddy & I took them on leash thru the campus. Wish I'd had some rails to jump on); Firm Strength; Balance Ball beg. workout
Tue: Spinning; Balance Ball abs
Wed: Spinning: Power Hour (w/o legs or abs - but planks!)
Thu: Cardio Burn (why did the Firm release this? Bad form & terrible posture. I want to stand the lead up & pull her shoulders back & down!); Balance Ball
Fri: Firm Cardio: Tamilee's 30 min stretch
Sat: Cycle 52 miles w/ hubby; Millenium Stretch
Sun: Balance Ball abs & rest

Tempted to run today since a 3 day storm is predicted. Actually, I can run in the rain, I just have to leave my hounds home since they think they'll melt. Kelly, you need 1 of my running partners, they discourage creeps.

have a good week everyone!

A little later than usual for me, but I had a good excuse! I was on a cruise!!!

This was my first cruise (just a 3-day one) and I was soooo nervous about it (afraid of being seasick). But I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT! Definitely want to go back and try a 5-day one...I had NO PROBLEM whatsoever with being seasick...if anything, I ate like a horse (the food was incredible!) and never slept better!

Anyway, back to normal. Off to work in about an hour but just wanted to get my workouts posted...

Monday: CTX Kickbox

Tuesday: S&H Chest/Back (Also got my period...YUCK!)

Wednesday: S&H Triceps/Biceps/Abs

Thursday: Nothing. On plane flight early in the morning.

Friday: Went to the YMCA with my Mom (who lives in FL) and rode the recumbent bike for 30 minutes and then worked legs on all the leg machines.

Saturday: The cruiseship had a small workout center, but at least it was something! Rode the bike for 25 min and then did stepper for about 8 min/some shoulder work with free weights.

Sunday: Two mile walk around the deck (8 times around).

Monday: Disembarking the cruiseship and then flying back to New York (which basically took the whole day)

Hope everyone's week was good!

Terri

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.