CHECK IN 11/5

N

Nancy C

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Nov-05-00 AT 08:43AM (Est)[/font][p][font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Nov-05-00 AT 08:42 AM (Est)[/font]

I'll be baaack...I have a novel to write.;-)

Yup, back again, I figured by the time I posted this there would be 10 of you posting and starting a new thread..and I would be all alone all week;-).LOL I was surprised to not find any of you early birds this Sunday morning. I haven't started this in ages.

Well, I have two weeks to report since last week got away from me. I feel I have to be honest to my check ins...it's what keeps me going, don't you just love accountability!

Last week I had come off a cold and was gearing up for the VF/Cathe trip. I had planned a special week before that and was going to taper down from it but the cold changed all that. So...

Week 10/23-10/29:

Monday All Step cardio only, this was my first cardio in a week and I felt it.

Tuesday 101010 cardio only...slowly gearing up and feeling excited about the trip and giving myself a pat on the back for taking it easy and getting that cold cleared out.

Wednesday run around and pack day

Thursday :7...left work at noon and headed south! I managed to finagle a half day at work so I could head to Jersey and hook up with the early arrivals. I had a smooth drive down and arrived in record time. Tried to check into the hotel and the women said not to worry, my room was already checked into and she pointed to the breakfast room off the lobby...lets just say when I turned the corner there was a lot of smiles, happy screams and hugs going on in those following moments:-jumpy. One of those many smile was Cledas:D. Most everyone there I had met previously and it was an incredible reunion. We see and talk to each other daily on these forums but it is truly a treat to spend real time together:).
Back to the day;-)...We sat around and gabbed, waiting for the rest of the crew and then we headed to dinner at the Italian Bistro...great bread (and the butter they give with it;-)). We filled two big tables and I am sure we got a few funny looks from all the chatter and giggling. After our bellies were full..hehehe..we headed to the club for a BodyPump class with Shirley:). And yes..it's getting late, Shirleys class actually starts at my bedtime!...8:30. Of course we arrived early enough to bug Chris;-)..did we see Chris Thursday night??? Shirley was great, I don't have the BodyPump video at home or do it at a club, but I have always enjoyed taking the class on these trips and Shirley was a hoot teaching it. Loved the Boom Boom song Shirley:7. As we all headed back to the hotel...we wondered if taking that class was such a great idea...pre Cathe workouts;-)..I for one, can say that Shirley was with me all weekend LOL! Cleda..I am drawing a blank..I think we had a mini video party in our room that night too...didn't we??? Either way...I stayed up way past my bedtime;-). OH! I have memories coming back...we tried out the hot tub and were yelled at for having food in the pool;-)...what was her name..braunhilda???

Friday Up early again and head to the gym, by this time..my legs were feeling that boom boom squat song of Shirleys. However..somedays ya gotta break the rules;-). Half our group had decided to take a spinning class while the others either were able to get into Cathes step class with her regulars or..they would watch. Luckily, there was room so as we cycled our hearts out with Andrea(hi Andrea;-))..the others stepped with Cathe. It was fun because we could see them through a window that is between the two rooms. During spin class, I was sandwiched between Cleda and Shirley...with Brenda F (the Brenda who is now in Cathes CTX videos) in front of me. I had trouble keeping up with those mad women;-)hehehe...thanks Cleda for zoning wih me:). (Hi Germ, if you read this...it's where we chatted this morning...Ok..back to the book....). It was a great class and then we were off to lunch and hooking up with more arrivals. We had a pretty good group at lunch too...what's a VF gathering with out a Don Pablos Margarita;-)...and yes, we had designated drivers hehehe. Back to the hotel..people were really streaming in now...great to meet new faces and see more of my old buddies. Clare had arranged dinner at a fabulous place..it was buffet and yummy. Quite a few of us brought in old pictures so we could all try to guess who was who...darn it..they figured me out too:-mad LOL!
Then it was back to the hotel for a real VF party complete with videos...what a riot. We had Zsa Zsa doing her version of pushups to that funny breathing lady??? and then don't forget the Maria lady doing aerobics in high heals??? Well, it was another late night....did we watch videos again in our room Cleda?? It's all a blur to me;-)

Saturday!!! Long breakfast with the group and gathering everyone to head to the gym:-jumpy. Step Class with Cathe! I had a pretty good spot and was able to see Cathe pretty good so I did't mess up too much. I think the class was long, but it just seems to fly by when you're in the room with all your VF buddies. A quick change and wipe down..eeewwww;-) and off to the Italian Bistro for lunch. Back to the gym for....yikes...another BodyPumpish class...ala Cathe. And the biceps were a killer. I don't know what was more painful...doing them myself with the mama bear plates or watching Kristin do them with the Papa bear plates;-)! Go Kristin (and a side to you...I am going with the mini barbell..not the ring..in honor of you LOL!..no chicken here honey!). We were moving on to Static lunges and Cathe was showing modifications...mine was to leave the room;-)...after a week or two off of strength due to that cold..Shirleys class wiped me out! Besides...Steve(from the Cardio Kicks vid) was out in the other room;-).
Another quick change and we had our pizza party. Another round of applause for Clare...she did a great job adding some organized fun to the party...Trivia contest and Relay game...loved them both:)!!! Hello Amy Steppe, my relay team member:).
Back to the hotel again for more late night fun:)..we had lessons in our hotel room for Christis Hi/Lo Heaven Ham and Eggs...thanks JudySP..now if I can just get through the rest of the choreography to get there! Thank goodness for that extra hour with the clocks!

Sunday :-(..it's always a sad day....it goes too quick. Another gathering in the breakfast lounge...I am sure the other guests were wishing they had chosen another weekend;-), then pack the car and off to the gym for our morning 202020 class with Cath;-). Everyone is trying to get in those last few pictures and then we head to Breakfast down the road. It's fun to see how long we can stetch it out..no one wants to leave:-(. I finally jumped in the car and tooted my final goodbye and was on the road by noon. We were blessed with wonderful weather in Jersey..we couldn't have asked for more..however hehehe...I ended up in snow going home...go figure. When I finally got in...exhausted couldn't describe how I felt..and bless his little heart, my husband had a big pot of chili on the stove:O).

Whew..now on to that post VF/Cathe trip let down week! LOL..and finally up to date.

Monday..right back to work and a well deserved rest day.

Tuesday My scary Halloween workout..Hi/Lo Heaven, first part only...I still didn't make it to Ham and Eggs!:-mad..one of these days!

Wednesday Rest day..unintentional...post trip blues setting in.

Thursday Kickboxing Class and a good thing I have plans to pick up my buddy for this or I would have blown it off.

Friday...ahhh Oh..another rest day. I should of gotten it in before the Doctor visits:p. Hey and it was my first boob squish...not too bad;-)...of course, there ain't a heck of a lot to squish LOL

Saturday Therapy for Nancy day:)...I had my workout buddy Wendy over in the AM and we were supposed to workout before another couple of girls come over for Craft stuff. Well, they had to change plans so it was just me and Wen. We haven't worked out together with our tapes in ages. And I don't want to hear anyone talk about limited space for Cardio Kicks! LOL...we did it together and no one was wounded:). This was the first time she has done Cardio Kicks and she loved it...we are just a couple of KB fools;-). Gotta love Wen...there is the spot where Cathe is showing modifications for the Jacks..you know heal jacks or even lower. Wendy goes to me "which has more intensity?" I said "full ones Wen" she says "OK" and keeps doing the full jacks...I gave her one of those.."I love you Wen"'s LOL Needless to say..it was just what I needed.

Sunday...no real plans but I will do something. I also have to get my butt in gear with a plan again. I am thrilled to have my DVDs...which I can put on my computer:). So I dragged all my weights back down stairs and will start up with a whole new rotation. I brought home MIS from the trip and just may do that this week:-jumpy.

Sorry it is soooo long..if you made it this far...have good week everyone:).

Oh...and a side note to all you lurkers..jump in and join us. There is always room for more..male and female. Glad to see you back Trevor:)...and where is our other male friend Brad??? Brad we missed you on the trip.
Please feel free to jump in anytime out there:)...you can even start it...just lead with the Check In title and the date so all of us drifty ones(ME)LOL..know which week to look in;-)

[marquee][font size="5"][font face="bazooka"][font color="ff0000"]Thanks.. VF, Cathe, SNM, and all my fellow trippers:-jumpy[/font][/marquee]

http://members.aol.com/naconfer/images/vf sport banner.jpg

WOW!!

What a great weekend Nancy. Thanks for sharing it with us non-trippers!! I don't have time to post now (after taking the time to read YOUR post! Just kidding!) I'll be back later. Loved the pix SNM posted too. :D Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)

Sounds like a great time was had by all!

We must hear more about Kristin and the legendary bicep workout. How much weight was on that barbell?

Look forward to hearing more.

Just like Comin' Home....

With Thanksgiving not too far away... I thought that subject was appropriate.....

NanC really summed up the weekend real well. About the only thing she left out was: The nighttime runs to "Friendly's" for the Hot Fudge Sundaes! Oh that's right -- she wasn't with us. On just the main strip between the hotel and Cathe's, there were 2 Friendly's Restaurants (specialty: Ice cream) and a Drunkin' Donuts. Need I say more??? I went out to the car for an Aleve (yes -- Loved the BodyPUMP class and spinning class, but I was DIEING..)and somehow my van said, "Come on... let's go get a 24 oz. black Drunkin' Donuts Coffee...." How could I resist??? :)

Well, there was also afternoon shopping. We hit Sports Authority, then D-I-C-K's Sporting Goods (uh-oh, the edit gods have intervened..... ) and then we hit Just For Feet. What a hoot! The kid in Just For Feet thought we were ALL from Alaska (not just Susie) and couldn't quite figure out what we were doing there!!! Asked if we brought a bus or what.

Ok, here's the catch up week, as I was caught in the twilight zone, but I am back....

October 22-28th:

Sun: Ellipse and walked
Mon: Colleen's Step class
Tues: Rest Day
Wed: Colleen's Double Bench Class, Spin Class
Thurs: Shirley's BodyPUMP class
Fri.: Andrea's Spin Class
Sat: Cathe's live Step Class WAAAAAAHhhhhhhhoooooo then the BodyPump class
Sun: Cathe's Sampler Class

Ok, looking at what I did that week, stands to reason why I was a bit weary THIS week!!! :)

Mon.: Rest Day (cuz I was beat)

Tues: Rest Day (cuz I was still beat)

Wed: Hi/Lo Heaven (1st section), PS CST (still love this tape), Colleen's Double Bench Class

Thurs: Colleen's Fat Blaster Class

Friday: Rest day (unplanned, but LIFE got in the way)

Sat: Hi/Lo Heaven -- the WHOLE thing (dh got the stereo RE-hooked up to the vcr and I was movin' and blastin'... boy was it FANTASTIC....Not to mention I kept seeing JudySP right there in my den with me), and then Abs from Leaner Legs

Sun: Intense MOves, Sculpted Buns, Hips & THighs, Get Hard Arms and Shoulders

After a weekend of hot fudge sundaes, wonderful itilian food and just about any other food one could imagine, I am pleased to report that I had a week of CLEAN eating. Got myself back to WW and will not become a "holiday weight gain" statistic!!!! ;-)

Great to BE BACK HOME.....
Have a GREAT week everyone!
Cleda

Kristin and her biceps!

She'll probably kill me;-)..but she had on the large plates for biceps...I hope I am not wrong...but I think she was the only one to tackle the biceps with that much weight. I must say...except for when Cathe got her laughing by commenting on how impressed she was by Kristins weight:7 (it caught Kristin off guard and she had to put the bar down for a second LOL!)...Kristin had pretty damn good form too. And this was a killer set for Biceps...pure Cathe.

http://members.aol.com/naconfer/images/vf sport banner.jpg

Hi all. I had quite a rest filled week (I'm on a roll ;-) ), and I'm sooo ready for my new rotation, starting tomorrow, that will have each body part twice a week, Cathe cardio 3-4 times a week, and extra walks and hikes in the lovely surrounding mountains whenever I can throw them in! As for my past week, here it is (boyfriend's 30th birthday really started interfering right around Friday night...)
MONDAY: Leaner Legs +Yoga Sculpt abs, + LL abs and stretch
TUESDAY: rest
WEDNESDAY: MIS (no legs)
THURSDAY: All Step cardio + TWV secton II of cardio part
FRIDAY: rest (and the party begins...another citron and tonic?)
SATURDAY: rest (can you say "hangover" ???!!!)
SUNDAY: I WILL do MIS later (Boy, what a lame way to end such a long rotation!! :) )
Wendy

2 week check-in

Hi everyone,

I didn't get to check in last week, so I'm posting 2 weeks of workouts.

monday--CTX Power Circuit and abs only PS CST shoulders
tuesday--CTX kickbox
wednesday--CTX Step & Intervals Leaner Legs abs only
thursday--MIS abs only
friday--3rd section of Step Heaven and PS BBA abs only

Here is last week:

tuesday--CTX All Step and abs only PS CST triceps
wednesday--CTX Power Circuit
thursday--CTX kickbox and abs only
friday--first half of Circuit Max and Leaner Legs abs

I hope everyone has a great week :)
Laura

RE: Hi everybody!!

Well, this is probably the least I've worked out in a long time. But even so, it still wasn't too bad of a week. Ok, on to my week!!!

MON: Circut Max

TUES: Step Max(first time doing this tape and I really liked it!!)

WED: MIS(all of it) and BodyMax(all of it)I had tremendous energy that day, but I paid for it until yesterday!! Live and learn!

THURS: Power Max(first time doing this tape also, another winner!!)

FRI: Step Fit(yes another first and yet another great workout by Cathe!)

SAT: NOTHING!! Had 3 soccer games and a party to go to soooo....

SUN(today): Nada again!

soccer banquets today and besides, I didn't get home until 12:30 today. Kids were at big brother's house so hubby and I decided to stay at the hotel where the company party was at and make a night of it!!

Today, I plan on making a new rotation for myself for the month of NOV. I'm still waiting for DH to order my PS tapes for me and hopefully he'll do that soon and I'll have them by Dec. and that'll be a New Year's rotation for me!! I know, I know, I'm getting ahead of myself, I just can't help it!!!!
Have a great week everyone!!

AIMEE

Hi Everyone!

Sounds like everyone had a good workout week.

Nancy~Again, thanks for sharing the week with us. It sounds like you all had such a blast and I admit, I'm a bit jealous I didn't get to go. Maybe, next time around. (BTW, you will love/hate MIS. It is a worker :-tired, one of my favorite tapes!!)

Kristin~EXACTLY, how much weight did you lift??? You go girl on those biceps!

Cleda~Thanks for the reminder that Thanksgiving is just around the corner. I best get my rear-in-gear on my workouts for the extra goodies that appear this time of year :D! You deserved a hot fudge sundae after all the hard work this year. Good for you on your back-to-clean-eating this week!

Wendy~Good Luck with your new rotation. I am doing each of the body parts 2x/week and loving it. I have only done it for two weeks but feel like I can see or should I say, FEEL some results already. Have fun with MIS later today!

Laura~Good to hear from you via E-mail.:D I'll try to get back to you later. My daughter is doing a little better. Thanks for your concern. So glad you are enjoying your new tapes. So am I!! They are wonderful! Have a good week and super job on your last 2 weeks!

Aimee~Where have you been? You must have had a busy week or two. Haven't "seen" you around for a while. MIS & BodyMax in one day??? :-tired! That wears me out reading it! LOL! Hope you get your PS series soon. They are a great set of tapes.

Okay, onto my week:I received my DVD's this past week. YaHooo!! :-jumpy!! They are so much fun to mix & match! It took me a while to learn how to use the remote control and ALL those buttons on it, but it's coming. It sure beats all the forwarding & rewinding. If anyone is comtemplating getting a DVD player, I say, GO FOR IT! I got a five-player, so I can put all of Cathe's 8 new tapes in at one time and jump around to my heart's content. Thanks again Cathe & SNM for DVD's!

Monday~A.M. Chest, Shoulders & Triceps from the CTX, Taught a Hi/Lo class with light toning & ABS in the afternoon.

Tuesday~Taught a Hi/Lo with toning & ABS, later went to a friends Hi/Lo class since hubby was out of town.

Wednesday~A.M. 10-10-10, cardio only,(LOVE the variety in this tape) plus plank work, ABS and cool down. Afternoon-CTX-Legs, Back & Biceps

Thursday~Taught 2 Hi/Lo classes with toning & ABS

Friday~Step & Intervals, whew, this tape gets you! I was one dripping mess when I finished! Upper Body Split, Triceps, Shoulders & Chest. I love the way the upper body parts were all put into one chapter, one right after the other. So easy to just float thru them. ABS form All-Step & Cool down.

Saturday~All-Step warm up, CTX-Kickbox segment plus arm drills, Power drills from CardioKicks, CTX-Leaner Legs, Biceps & Back, plank work & reverse plank work from KB-X-press. Can you tell I like using my DVD remote to skip all around? I had lots of time to workout so I took advantage. We went to a movie Saturday night and after sitting for two hours, the legs just did not want to straighten when I got up. :-mad That'll teach me but I did have FUN!

Sunday~Ahhhhhhhhh-REST! :-tired
Have a great week all and so glad to hear the the trip was so much fun. "See" you all around.

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)

so...are you saying you had fun?!?

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Nov-05-00 AT 11:46PM (Est)[/font][p][font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Nov-05-00 AT 05:39 PM (Est)[/font]

nancy and cleda?!?...I couldn't tell :D thanks for sharing your version of the story...someday I'd like to join in so Cathe can torture me in person :-jumpy!!!
julie

what a wahoo week!!!

Man, even your week after the Cathe trip looks kinda tiring! I'm working on hooking up speakers to my TV and DVD player...let's just say I'm not mechanically inclined!!!
thanks for sharing-your posts are always so much fun!!!
:Djulie:D

YEAH!!! THE DVDS ARE HERE!!!

and man are they tough ;-) But I LOVE EM!!!
Sunday-circuit max
Mon-Bryan kest v2
Tues-rest
Wed-Franny's step from cardio parties +BBA
Thurs-SLA
Fri-Franny's hilo from cardio parties (and went for a massage with salt glo-couldn't lift my arms let alone weights for CST, so saved it for...)
Sat-Power Circuit and 10-10-10 +CST, the cardio is definitely intense in the 6 pack-I was worried that the cardio wouldn't be enough-don't think I'll worry about that anymore;-)
off to do cardio kicks (starting Denise R's rotation today:D)
:-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy julie :-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy

Wow, the Cathe trip sounded wonderful....I was one of the ones whose name came up a few weeks before the trip to go, but I just couldn't leave my husband on his 40th birthday! (good wife that I am....) But, of course, you all know I'm sitting here waiting for the next one to be announced!

Here's my week:

Monday: Cardio Kicks
Tuesday: Todd Gheisar Workout #2 + CTX Shoulders and Abs
Wednesday: LAZY
Thursday: CTX 10-10-10 plus Triceps plus CTX Biceps and Abs only
Friday: TaeBo 3
Saturday: MIS warm-up, Legs and Chest
Sunday: Would have loved to work out but stayed over at my brother's house, and they all like to lounge around with bagels and coffee in the morning...so ended up doing the same

And despite the fact that my house is a MESS due to the fact that my husband is laying down a hardwood floor in the living room and dining room, I am STILL planning a good workout!!!

Terri

RE:Hey Debbie H!!

Busy is not the word for it!! I have been going into work early and staying late everyday for about a week and a half and to top it off I've had one soccer practice or another to attend to at least 4 nights this past week!! But today, officailly ended soccer season, and I think I'm done with going in early to work(not sure about staying late though, that just depends on how the day goes). So hopefully i can catch up on everything this week!! Sounds like you're enjoying your new workouts!! Aren't they great? I'm glad to hear it!! Have a good week, Debbie!! "See" ya' around!!

Aimee

Wow- classes with Cathe AND ice cream at Friendly's?! A perfect weekend! I hope I get to go next year... I'm watching for the lottery... and I'm working out to make sure I'm in shape!

Monday: Cathe Kickbox
Tuesday: Cathe All Step
Wednesday: Cathe 10-10-10
Thursday: Yoga
Friday: Powermax
Sunday: Intense Moves (I wanted to do Interval Max, but my sons had built a fort in the living room and I didn't want to take that down!)

I have to take a break from weights because my chronic shoulder problem is acting up, but I VOW that I will not quit working out altogether like I did last time it got bad. I will just focus on cardio until it feels better.

I have been exercising even though I haven't been checking in. I 'm 75 workouts toward my goal of 100 workouts between July 4 and Dec 31! And my goal for the rest of the year is to work out six days a week except Thanksgiving week and Christmas week (I'll try those weeks, but I won't beat myself up if I fail.)

Jen

I've got to figure out a way to make it to one of the road trips. Thanks for "lowdown". I've been out of town on bussiness so I had to do a marathon catch-up on new entries.

Well my week seemed like a lazy one also. Definately wasn't able to keep up the rotation due to being out of town.
Anyway here's my week (with two weekends)

Saterday - REST
Sunday - MIS - abs LA Yoga for ABS
Monday - IMAX
Tuesday - Charlene Prickets Serious Curve (had to dust this one off) It was okay for a change of pace since it uses some muscle groups that Cathe doesnt, but I'm in no hurry to use it again.
LA Power Yoga Stamina
Wednesday - MSB and walking though airports with carry on. Refused to use escalator and moving walk-ways.
Thursday - slept-in and 20 minute swim (even)
Friday - 10 minutes on hotel bike and 20 minutes on treadmill. (morn)
Saterday - 40 minute swim (morn) 20 minute swim (even)
Sunday - REST and walking through airports again.

Dawn

It's been great reading about the Cathe trip. I do admit to more than a little envy. What a brave man Clarence is! It must be Val's brother based upon her earlier post. Hope he's still speaking to her. What the heck is a "drunken donut"? I'm sure I would like it if I knew what it was.

I love the time change in the fall because it's so much easier to get up with the sun. But, the "pup" (almost 2) is waking up before 5:30 & wants to "seize the day." I thought she'd grown past this, but I think the early sunsets are throwing her off. She, in turn, is really throwing off her humans.

Well I was recovering from some debauchery on the other coast last weekend:

Monday: BodyMax (penance!)
Tuesday: Pilates mat class; Kathy Smith Kickboxing
Wednesday: spinning
Thursday: Pilates; Firm Strength, run 30 minutes (husband tracked me down to push the pace)
Friday: Firm Cardio w/ 10 minutes on rower; spinning
Saturday: Hike 12 miles w/ husband & dogs (beautiful day! great vistas & shirt sleeve weather)
Sunday: Cycle 45 miles w/ husband (lots of hills & moderate wind but we kept the pace up)

Should have stretched w/ Scott Cole tonite, but instead ploughed through the voting guide. Wow, civic duty over Scott Cole!

Have a healthy week everyone!
Debra

There goes the Energizer Bunny again!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Nov-06-00 AT 07:34PM (Est)[/font][p]I had a similar day last Saturday....I just kept going and going.

Sat: 30 min. on the mini-trampoline, 5 on the airdyne, and another 1/2 hour of Cardio Kicks and HiLo from MIC. Then CTX shoulders, abs, and triceps.

Sunday: Circuit Max. I like this tape...lots of variety.

Monday: Kickbox & biceps

Tues: Step and Intervals and chest

Wednes: Meaner Legs. :-tired This one is tough!

Thurs: Rest

Friday: Walk/run at the Y...50 minutes. Back and abs from Power Circuit.

Deb H....we have to plan on our birthday bash!!! Someplace that has killer sundaes!!!

Not a bad week for me.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.