Changes to Credit Card Fees/Rates

Did I mention how awesome most credit unions are?

Also, people should know that in many states insurance companies are also checking your credit score to determine your rates. IMHO that should be ILLEGAL!!!

I went to a lecture where Suze Orman (SP?) spoke. She said, "did you know that many hospitals check your credit rating, too."

Ditto!

Thanks for the heads up! I hadn't heard this but I'll be paying close attention from here on out. This would make me very angry!

I swear by Clark Howard and Dave Ramsey! ;)

I would be totally lost without my credit cards. I have two and I use them both. I charge every single thing I buy and I pay the bill in full every month. It's a great and easy way to keep track of where your money is going, and it also gives you a certain degree of protection.

Ditto!! The perks aren't quite as good as they used to be, but anytime you get something back it's worth it!

I have no clue what the perks are for using a debit card, or as Clark Howard calls them, "fake credit cards". I absolutely NEVER use mine!

When it comes to my credit cards there are certain rules I live by:
1. I pay the bill IN FULL every month.
2. I check my statement online every couple of days to keep track of my balance and to monitor for fraudulent charges.
3. I will not allow my charges to exceed my ability to pay the bill IN FULL every month.
4. I do not buy things I can't afford in order to support a lifestyle.

Ditto on everything, except the Dave Ramsey part....I don't know who he is.

(I can see why Michele feels like a kindred spirit.)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.