chalean xtreme

runfree

Cathlete
I just received CLX and did the first workout this morning. I thought it would be harder. I sweated a little and I guess I thought there would be more to the workouts. It only worked legs ,chest and posterior shldrs. Burn workout 1 was what I did. I had been doing jillian michaels no more trouble zones and this is a total body workout for 1 hr and I felt that was a better workout. I dont know if I am being premature and I will see results, I am hoping to lean out. I have only read great reviews with these workouts and people have gotten great results, I guess I am worried about keeping it and not getting good results. did any of you feel the same way ?

I think burn 1 is the easiest of all the circuits.
I found the rotation as-is challenging the first time around because I never really lifted heavy. I used my weighted vest to increase the challenge so you may want to try that. After I completed 4 months of STS, I tried to go back to CLX and found it way too easy so I shelved the program.

I'm back to doing a CLX rotation, but I'm using it in a different way. I first started out doing the program as designed, and added insanity circuits in. That helped increase the challenge. Someone on the VF came up with this rotation and now I'm glad I didn't get rid CLX. I really like this rotation for fat loss. I'm doing 30-40 minutes of cardio after the CLX circuits.
This week, my full body workout is the 90 minute BM2. Next week, I'm going to do Cathe's Intensity series Bootcamp.

Generic template of my Abbreviated CLX Maintenance rotation:

Monday-split
Tuesday-split
Wednesday-split
Thursday-cardio
Friday-Total body workout
Saturday-HIIT
Sunday-active rest day

Here is my CLX abbreivated rotation. I completed this a week ago:

Week 1:
Monday-Lean 3-Chest, Shoulders & minimal Legs
Tuesday-Burn 2-Arms, Back, Legs
Wednesday-Push 2-Shoulders & minimal Legs
Thursday-cardio
Friday-full body kettlebell workout
Saturday- Insanity, PlyoX, or Core Synergistic
Sunday-rest, yoga/pilates or light cardio

Week 2:
Monday-Burn 1-Chest, Iso Shoulders, Legs
Tuesday-Push 1-Arms, Legs
Wednesday-Lean 2-Back, Iso Shoulders, Legs
Thursday-cardio

Week 3:
Monday-Push 3-Back, Chest, Legs
Tuesday-Lean 1-Arms, Legs
Wednesday-Burn 3-Shoulders, Legs
Thursday-cardio

Thanks for sharing your rotation Cynthia. I've been looking around for something interesting and this looks good :)

Make sure you are lifting heavy enough to reach failure in 10-12 reps. I was afraid to do that at first, and I didn't find the workouts challenging until I upped my weight.

And thanks for sharing Cynthia! I will definitely be trying this rotation :)

I agree with Nicole, make sure you are truly lifting weights that are heavy enough to where there's no way you could eek out another rep after 10-12 reps. You should be hitting total failure. If you go too light, the entire workout will be a breeze. Just be careful on the compound moves. I end up breaking them up sometimes because I cannot safely life heavy enough to fail and lift my leg out to the side etc...

For me CLX just wouldn't work because of the difference in strength between my upper body and lower body. I think because of all my years of running, my legs are much stronger than my upper body so the compound moves just didn't work for me. In order to have a weight that fatigued my upper body, my lower body got nothing out of it. And in order to have a weight to fatigue my lower body, my upper body couldn't lift it.

I wish it wasn't like that for me because I like Charlene and loved the idea of the shorter workouts.

For me CLX just wouldn't work because of the difference in strength between my upper body and lower body. I think because of all my years of running, my legs are much stronger than my upper body so the compound moves just didn't work for me. In order to have a weight that fatigued my upper body, my lower body got nothing out of it. And in order to have a weight to fatigue my lower body, my upper body couldn't lift it.

I wish it wasn't like that for me because I like Charlene and loved the idea of the shorter workouts.

Debbie - It was that way for me too. My legs are SOOOO much stronger than my arms, so to do the upper body work with weights that were heavy enough for my legs was really hard. I ended up splitting up the moves which of course does make things go a little longer. I go a little faster though, so it wasn't too bad.

My solution for legs was to add on a Cathe workout such as Meaner Legs or a squat rack session at the gym to my rotation to make sure I hit them hard and heavy. If I do it right my face looks like this after every workout :confused:

I used my weighted vest for the compound moves where you want to go heavier on legs but can't do it with the upper body moves. This worked like a charm. Love CLX! (Not as much as my Cathe workouts, but still love it.)

I guess since I have been doing no more trouble zones the past two weeks which is a total body wt workout and a good one that it seemed that it was lacking. In no more trouble zones she also does compound moves, working lower and upper body at the same time. Ilove this workout, so when doing burn 1 it seemed like more could have been added to it. can you skip burn and jump right to the next workouts, push i think is whats next? I dont know if I am gonna keep this or send it back. Its alot of money to not really feel like its a good workout. maybe to, I am not use to working one or two body parts at a time, I am use to total body workouts, so this could be part of it. I dont know what I should do. I dont want to keep them and then end up still not liking them later and not be able to return them.

You're not going heavy enough it feels too easy. Go as heavy as possible so that you hit failure on or before the 12th rep. I wouldn't skip a phase. It's not that the phases get progressively harder, they just are different. All have the same concept of going as heavy as possible in order to reach failure. It's a great program. I saw great results while doing it. If you still aren't happy, try trading it on the Video Fitness Exchange forum. There are a lot of people that would probably trade heavily for it.

Hope this helps. :)

i think part of it is also that she only works a couple muscle groups in each workout and I am use to total body workouts so I feel that it should have more to it. I will try burn 2 tomorrow and see how it goes.

She does focus on a couple of body parts at a time because it's a strength-gains workout, not a total body endurance program. Her program builds muscles instead of endurance and for me, that helped rev up my metabolism and I saw great gains (lost 13 pounds through the whole thing and gained A LOT of muscle). However, one of the cardios includes a total body endurance weight workout.

I would do CLX in the a.m. And add legs such as Firm or Cathe in the afternoon to strength my hams and glutes, especially using the fanny lifter to counteract the squats. I would also add cardio and other yoga. Didn't care for CLX's cardio or yoga. I didn't lose any weight per se but toned up.

I found that even though the leg work was light, the fact that you work legs with your upper body, then do high-rep low-weight leg work during the cardio & endurance workouts, pretty much equates to a freestyle-type workout for the lower body throughout the whole CLX program. All the squats, lunges, & plyo really made my legs look leaner.

I did most of CLX, and had nice results (although I added in more cardio, because I am freakypants for cardio). I am apparently totally incapable of following a rotation all the way through, no matter the results - I have sufficient discipline to work out almost every day, but not quite enough to stick to a particular plan.

Now I'm doing lots of full-body circuit-type stuff with light weights and I'm very happy with that.

i did burn 2 this morning and like it better. I think it will just take me some time to get use to only working a couple body parts at a time. I feel that I am working more ]legs than anything in these workouts. she seems to do alot of lunges and deadlifts. I dont mind if it will help get rid of the cellulite and saddelbags. I just hope I get results from this workout series cuz I feel as tho I should be doing more.

did burn intervals yesterday, really liked this workout. did burn 3 today. it was okay. I feel I amworking my legs more than anything tho.still gonna hang in there to see what results i get. it is always hard when your use to working out a certain way and then you do something different. I feel I gotta give it a chance and who knows maybe I will be blown away by my results, i hope so.

Hi,

Does anyone know aproximately how long each workout is? Thinking about doing it the month of December since I'm so short on time.

Thanks,

Hi,

Does anyone know aproximately how long each workout is? Thinking about doing it the month of December since I'm so short on time.

Thanks,

The Burn and Push Circuits are between 30-40 minutes, and the Lean Circuits are 40-45 minutes. Ab Burner is about 10 minutes and Extreme Abs is 17 minutes. Burn Intervals is about 45 minutes and alternates between high-intensity aerobics (some plyometric) and light-weight muscle endurance (I love Burn Intervals). Burn It Off! is right around 35 minutes and is high-intensity intervals.

I like CLX a lot--and it is easy to squeeze into a busy schedule.:D

what kind of results have you gotten with CLX? Ijust finished my first week. I did burn it off today. I really liked the two cardio workouts. still getting use to the wt workouts beind shorter and so much leg stuff. I was only working my legs once a week and she has you pretty much working them 5 days counting the stuff in the cardio workouts. so far so good, week 1 done. I have never followed a rotation before so I am curious to see if i see any results. I plan on doing insanity rotation after this one. didnt know if I should build muscle with this rotation first then blast off any extra fat with shauns rotation afterwards. I have a cruise in may I really want to look smoking for.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.