Chair and Mat Yoga Premix

Hazlady

Cathlete
I did this premix yesterday. It's about 40 minutes long. I particularly liked starting with the chair yoga as it is easier to get on and off a chair than getting down on the floor when I am stiff. The chair adds an interesting dynamic to some of the poses. By the time I'd finished the chair yoga I was able to easily get down on the mat for the mat yoga. The mat yoga repeated a few of the poses that were done on the chair, like cat/cow, so it was interesting to compare how it felt to do the exercise on the chair, with the more conventional mat exercise. When I do this again, however, I will be adding it to my blender workouts and inserting a break between the two workouts to give me time to get the chair out of the way and get down on the mat, so I don't have to rush and hit pause.

I did this premix yesterday. It's about 40 minutes long. I particularly liked starting with the chair yoga as it is easier to get on and off a chair than getting down on the floor when I am stiff. The chair adds an interesting dynamic to some of the poses. By the time I'd finished the chair yoga I was able to easily get down on the mat for the mat yoga. The mat yoga repeated a few of the poses that were done on the chair, like cat/cow, so it was interesting to compare how it felt to do the exercise on the chair, with the more conventional mat exercise. When I do this again, however, I will be adding it to my blender workouts and inserting a break between the two workouts to give me time to get the chair out of the way and get down on the mat, so I don't have to rush and hit pause.
Thank you for sharing! Mat Yoga for me today.

I did Mat Yoga today. I think this is the best stretch/yoga workout for my hip flexors so far! They are thanking Cathe tonight. I usually have to add extra time to stretch my hip flexors, but these stretches are held longer so they get a good, long stretch. Felt good!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.