Central/SE PA - Get Together?

GraceNote

Cathlete
Hi!

A few of us are planning to have a small get together in the Harrisburg-Hershey PA area and I wanted to see if anyone was interested in joining us.

Nothing firm at this point, but we're looking at a weekend, either Nov 15/16 or Nov 22/23, whatever works out for the majority. Could be lunch, shopping...Chocolate World :eek:..or something - whatever we all decide would work out, but probably pretty low key.

It would be great to see some 'real live' Cathe people :D!

If you're interested, post here or PM me.

Thanks!

OH MY!!!! That's close to me!!! Can you keep me in the loop? Please? Hershey is only about 1 3/4 hours from me! I'd love to join you, if that's okay!

Gayle

I'm about 90 miles north of Harrisburg and grew up about 5 miles from Hershey. I'd love to meet and greet. Either Saturday would work for me, but I can't do Sundays. How fun!

How exciting to see some replies here! Sounds like we're 'on' for something!

Does one weekend work better for everyone than the other? Personally, I'd like the earlier one since I think the weekend before T-day might be a little busy, but I can work around that if the earlier one is a problem for anyone.

Anyone feel Chocolate World calling to them? It might make for some good sampling, umm, I mean Christmas shopping... Of course, there's also the Hershey outlets if you want to meet there. I think there's a restaurant in the plaza where we could do lunch. Just tossing ideas out there. It would be great to do something where we could sit and talk, too, so just lunch would be fine. Any thoughts?

I agree with thinking the earlier weekend would work better. Hershey would also be nice - shopping and chocolate! What else could a girl want.

Allie, you could become an honorary Pennsylvanian for the weekend!

Okay, so we're thinking Saturday, Nov. 15th? Chocolate World and/or outlets?

If that's good for everyone, I'll make that the firm date and get the word out!

I'd love to join you all..but there was this incident during the tour of the Reeses plant that I was sort of involved in...something about refusing to leave and jumping into the giant vat of PB/chocolate mixture..I'm not allowed anywhere near the city limits.

You all have a blast, though..just don't mention my name and all will be just fine....;)

How exciting!

I live in the Hershey area and would LOVE to meet you all! Please, please count me in too!! Either weekend is fine.

I would love to do this! November is going to be a monster month for me though with a trip to Tampa the week before and my DH's birthday that week. Keep me updated on your plans though and I will see if I can sneak out. Hershey is so close to me!

Hey!!

I didn't forget about this - just got busy with....stuff. :p

Is everyone still in for next Saturday? Let me know by PM and I'll get an email going so we can finalize times and places.

Here is the big question you need to answer:

Hershey Outlets or Chocolate World? :D Shopping or chocolate....the trauma of having to choose.....

See ya soon!!!

OH! OH! Next Saturday is still open for me/us!!! WOO HOO! I vote Chocolate World, since I'll be bringing my kids with me. I'll PM you now!

Gayle

Okay - I'm moving to email, so if anyone else is interested, please pm me your email. The group is about 4-6 of us, so far, but may be a few more in there.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Awwwwwwwww:(...I am doing a Silpada jewelry show on Sat. I would have loved to have joined (and met) all of you! I live in Harrisburg and have been known to frequent Choc. World often!
-Jen

Just catching up, late as usual! It's been a crazy week, but I wanted to say I had a wonderful meeting with Robin and another lady from Ya's! I definitely think we need to do it again after the holiday dust has settled - maybe this time, we'll make it to Chocolate World, too :D

Thanks for making the trip, Robin! It was great to meet you and I'll definitely keep the next Road Trip on my back burner of ideas :)

I'm really BUMMED about not being able to make it. Besides my car issues that kept me home, the RAIN was HORRIBLE that morning, and I'm SUPER glad I didn't have to drive that long drive with my kids in the car, in that horrible down pour we had.

I'm super glad you ladies had a great time. NEXT TIME!

Gayle

Gayle - definitely, next time!!! I sure hope your car problems were resolved without costing an arm and a leg :confused: I know how that goes, believe me!!

I live in Harrisburg. I wish I would have noticed this thread earlier so I could come along. Hope you have fun!!

Sonja.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.