cellulite no matter what i do....

angelaq

Cathe
I am now almost 9 months pregnant and can't wait to get your workout videos back in my DVD! You are an inspriration to all of us...especially to women that feel like there is no hope we will ever get back in shape.
I have, no matter what i have done, been prone to cellulite. I know they say its a hereditary thing but I am 27 years old and no matter how clean my diet is (with the occasional splurge), how far i run or how many squats i do i just can't rid of it. I would kill to be able to wear a bathing suit without feeling like i have to cover my lower half.
Can you offer any ideas? Maybe i am doing all the wrong things and i am not training right that is all i can think of. I have all of your videos. I feel like i put so much effort and i don't feel like i get any rewards...what gives?
Any chance you would ever write a book? If you focused on how to train and diet that would be a bible for many people like myself!!! please i beg of you....

Not Cathe, but I too second the motion of Cathe writing a book about training and diet!!! Would love this along with everyone else - we want to know ALL her secrets!!

Not Cathe here, but cellulite is all about genetics. Some people are prone to having it, some are not. You can reduce it with clean diet and excercise. But if you are prone to it, you will likely always have it.

Good luck!

Cellulite is all about genetics. I had a friend in high school, she maybe weighed 100 pounds and was skinny as a twig and she had cellulite! Actually that thought always makes me feel better about my cellulite- hope it helps you:)

Deanie

"This is a Blast- act like you are having one!" Cathe Friedrich

HI angela,

Hopefully Cathe will have time to respond to your post. I wanted to respond because I too have some cellulite. The thing about cellulite is that is it just fat. This is the way that the extra fat looks on your body. At 9 months pregnant you need need need that extra fat so I would try not to think too much about it right now. When you are ready to get back in shape after baby you can most certainly tone things up. I am very toned, with noticable abs and muscle but I do have little bits of cellulite on the back of my thighs. This is just how my body is and has been that way since my teens years. The ONLY way for me to get rid of this is to eat clean. Very few dessert, no eating at night and working out on a regular basis. IF you are working out with cardio and weights, following a cathe type rotation and TRULY eating clean you should definetly be seeing result because, like I said, cellulite is JUST fat. If you are not seeing results (when not pregnany) you might be cheating and not realizing it. OR you might be being too picky. You see these people with the shorty shorty shorts on and really trim, lean and no cellulite, but believe me girl they WORK WORK WORK for it and eat very clean. Cathe stresses time and time again that she eats clean and look at her, I believe she is very disciplined. FOr most of us, it is a lot of work to get that way. Remember your body needs a certain amount of fat in which to store toxins and regulate things (that is how it has been explained to me anyway) unfortunately some of this little bit of fat shows up as lumpy icky cellulite. My experience has been it is possible to make it go away by simply just lowering my body fat.

GOood luck and enjoy baby.

Not Cathe here but I do have an idea of what you can try. Mini Trampoline for about 15 to 20 minutes per day! I have had cellulite since I was about 12 years old. I am on the low end of my weight range and couldn't get it to budge. I have been doing mini trampoline about 4 days per week and I have noticed some positive changes!

thanks so much for your response it really hit home! It is amazing to really see that so many people struggle with this. I have always been the body type where i can't cheat at all to achieve any results at all. It is very frustrating and at times I am constantly saying is it worth it?!?
I haven't worked out at all since I found out I was pregnant which isnt really healthy but just getting up and going to work seems to take all my energy! I hope to really eat truely "clean" and work out to not only be in shape for me but for my soon-to-be son as well.
I try to read all the fitness magazines and articles but I feel I am constantly reading all the fads and all the newest breakthroughs which get really confusing.
I think my confusion lies where i have all the tools and know some of the basics but I think I am not either doing enough cardio, eating enough/too much or not lifting enough-or maybe all at the same time-who knows! I know there is no cookie cutter way for every body but I can't afford to pay for personal training sessions. I would love to have one good publication to use as a guide just to make sure I am doing the right thing. I just don't want to waste my time working out if I don't see any changes.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.