CCPP results!

spyrosmom

Cathlete
Wasn't feelin' it this morning, but once I got going, it rocked. 900 calories later, I'm a sweaty wobble legged happy mess. I did it on the elliptical today. Last month I did it as a run, and I think the prev month as well. My PF was bugging me big time this morning, so I figured the elliptical was the lesser of the 2 evils. I added the blasts only from MIC at the end. Short, evil, and sweet. My foot was nice and warm and feeling good by then, but I'm sure I'll pay for it later. I did disc 12 last night and my booty and thighs were not sore this morning, but a little tired, I'm sure after PP it'll all kick in later. Well, I am off to do Saturday errands, library, post office, groceries, and I promised DH some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies so cookie baking is on the list as well.

Happy Saturday!

Nan

I'm done too! It was probably the lamest CCPP I've done so far, but I did it :p My hip is acting up again (after running around kicking a soccer ball with my DDs!! :confused:) and was pretty sore for the first 3 challenges. I just took it easy and worked mostly steady state for those. By C4 & C5 my hip felt much looser and no pain, so I increased my intensity a little and added C5 as my bonus (so did those back-to-back) cuz I LOVE that one -- the music and what Coach Sean is saying just gets me every time! :D

We have a big Hop Festival in our wee town today, so my DDs and I have entered a cookie cook-off and a scarecrow contest! Your cookies sound yummy Nan!

I hope you all have a super workout and wonderful day!!

Just finished! Did it on the recently-found treadmill, walking. I had some trouble with the (manual) incline in the beginning, but after a little while I got it all worked out. For the challenges that needed quick changes between incline and speed (which I really couldn't do with this thing) I used the arm resistance thingies to get my heart rate up. It worked nicely. No extra challenge this time, but I'm happy with how I did.

Now I've decided I want a NICE treadmill. I definitely prefer the treadmill to the bike.

I dedicated my workout to Michele and her family, as well as the nephew of some good friends of ours, who is having some health challenges.

Way to go to those who got it done, and good luck to everyone on their workouts!!

I just finished too! I took yesterday as a rest day so I'd be fully energized! I did CCPP on my spinning bike and I was ready to tackle those hills today! I FEEL GREAT! Hope you all do too! :eek:

All done! What is it about this workout? When I start it I just KNOW I won't be able to finish. Then once I get going, I can't stop!

I did a little something different this month. I did each challenge/recovery on different equipment. I started on a recombent bike, moved to the treadmill, then onto the elliptical, and finally back to the treadmill.

Carrie

All done! What is it about this workout? When I start it I just KNOW I won't be able to finish. Then once I get going, I can't stop!

I did a little something different this month. I did each challenge/recovery on different equipment. I started on a recombent bike, moved to the treadmill, then onto the elliptical, and finally back to the treadmill.

Carrie

Carrie, what a great idea! I only have my spin bike and a TM at home, but I could alternate those two!

Thanks!

I just finished and had a really FUN workout with my DH!!! This was his first PP workout and it was so nice to share it with him <3. We took it outside to a nature reserve to take advantage of the miles of trails. We had never been there before so we didn't realize that the trails were unpaved gravel and dirt and VERY hilly! Unfortunately, it had rained this morning so the trails were slick with mud and super tough to navigate. We had a lot of fun and a GREAT workout, and I hope my dearest will join me again for another PP Saturday! We dedicated our workout time to our families, and I took each of you with me as well, and asked God to lift any burdens you carry in your hearts.

Nan - ^^^5's for a great workout!! 900 calories -- WOW :eek:. I've always done PP on an elliptical and this was the first time I did it outside :D. I wanted to run but my DH wasn't up for that, and it would have been nearly impossible under the conditions we had today.

Mary - I'm so sorry to hear about your hip, but don't you dare call your workout lame! My goodness, you are pretty tough if you can get through all of PP and add a bonus challenge when you're in pain! I hope you can post pictures of your scarecrow, and good luck with your cookie contest! I hope you take home the blue ribbon!! :D

Jodi - I am so glad you did the workout on your new old treadmill :D. I was wondering if you would. I need to do a better job of canvasing my neighborhood on trash day -- LOL!!! Thank you so much for dedicating your workout to my family. I just now saw the other thread and I was deeply touched by your thoughtfulness. <3

Jo - WTG on your workout! It sounds like you took it to the max as always! It was nice to see your smiling face in this thread. I feel like I haven't seen you in forever!

Carrie - I am SO jealous! I would give anything if I had enough room for another 1 or 2 cardio machines! It sounds like it would be so much fun to machine hop during the workout! And I don't know why either, but I often go into the workout thinking I won't be able to finish, only to add on a bonus challenge! It's just a GREAT and highly motivating and inspiring workout!

Best wishes for a great workout and ^^^5's to everyone who checks in after me!! :D

Last edited:
I ended up doing it today, but it was so hot I skipped the last two challenges -- still a great workout. I was outside. I walked backwards uphill a little bit, after reading here or vf that it could help with knee issues, and I also did a couple of the uphill challenges with that sideways run/skip that Cathe does on road trips. Fun to change it up a bit.

CCPP results - W/U, steady 1 and 2, challenge 1 on arc - 1.25 miles - I made the hills as hard as possible on the machine and speed was very slow on those. Challenge 2, steady 3, challenge 3 on stepmill - 1.80 miles, 85 flights of stairs. Steady 4, challenge 4, steady 5, challenge 5 on treadmill - 1.25 miles. Went right into extra challenge which was V8, challenge 2 on bike, then cool down on bike - total of 6 miles. Then I swam 350 yards or meters - stupid staff at L.A. Fitness conflict themselves so I've no clue. Going to measure next time :) This was my first real swim after my shoulder issue and it felt great. Total calories for all but swim was 932, maxHR 178, avgHR 154.
Workout this month was dedicated to Michele and her family, and Jonathan, the friend of the son of one of my dearest friends.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.