CCPP--early results

NinjaMom

Cathlete
Hi PPers-

I am unable to join you tomorrow so I decided to do PP today. I've been in a cardio slump lately and have had no desire to do it. Not sure if it is the heat, boredom or burn out. Anyhoo, I just finished up using my elliptical this time....11.4 miles (probably 6-7 in the real world but it did look impressive;)) and 532 calories burned. I wanted to quit a couple times but I couldn't let down Jim and all my forum friends/family who are struggling with health and life issues. Thank you for keeping me going!

Good luck tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you all:D

Nice job Judi!! Way to push through it. I do think the heat and humidity are a big factor. I am just wore out. I am planning to do this in the morning :D

Great going on that workout, Judi. I know a lot of people who are struggling with workouts this past month, me included. I'm sure Coach Sean will kick me into gear tomorrow!

Judi,

Awesome!!! I feel the same way about letting Jim and Sean down and all the super CCPP-ers here at Catheland.

I will be thinking of you tomorrow morning while I'm dreading the 1st and 2nd challenge!!!! :eek:

I will be hopping on my stationary bike here in about an hour. I am dedicating mine to my brother (who has MS), my FIL (who has myasthenia gravis- and is not treating it :( ) and to all of you courageous gals and your friends in need.

DONE!! Whew :eek: I didn't do any additional challenge. But like I said earlier, just getting off the bike without falling over is a challenge :D LOVE IT!!

Finished and happy!

I woke up early this morning, about 5 am:mad: and couldn't go back to sleep. Apparently, my body wasn't registering that it was Sat. I finally got out of bed about 6:15, ate breakfast and had 1st coffee. Decided it was a good time to go out before it got too hot. It supposed to be 90ish again today, but only in the upper 60s this morning. I hooked up Vlad and off we went. I didn't do an extra challenge today. My challenge for today was just to push it a little harder, move it a little faster, and go a little further. Since The Vladinator goes faster than me, he's a good one to do this with. I was def pushing and moving thru the challenges, but the steadys were about the same as normal. We wrapped up at 5.2 miles. I was looking back to see how far I went last time I took it outside, and that was 5.3 miles, but it had an extra challenge and an extra 10 mins of time. So I'd say improvements were made. I certainly felt like like we were doing better. The last challenge was a little rough today. The only thing that got me thru that one on tired legs, was the thought that I've done it a before and I can most certainly do it again! Also, somehow I manage to route us so the last hill of the 1st challenge came where the steepest, longest, awfulest hill in the nieghborhood is. Crap!! But I can do anything for a minute (thanks, Cathe) and we made it. Funny thing is, we went back by the house 2x, and both times Vlad turned to go towards the house. Um, not yet, boy, we're not done. He's just used to going home when we get back by the ol' homestead. We hadd a good time, and a great workout. Now I need to finish LaundryMax and get working on 2d coffee and LazyMax!

This workout was for DH's grandpa who's been in the hosp for about 2 wks and is just not doing well. He's on comfort measures, and we are just waiting. For everyone's sake, I kinda hope at this point it is sooner rather than later:(:(:(

Nan

Nan, nice job on pushing it on the challenges!! LOL at Vlad turning towards the house when you go by. My doggies do that when I walk (I don't run-it's ugly).

Sorry to hear about your g-father. I will pray for peace for him and your family ((HUGS))

DONE! I had a great ride this morning on my spinning bike! I had the sliding glass door open, the birds were singing and the sun shining! I feel so inspired after this workout and great about my health, my body, what I was able to accomplish but most of all THIS DAY! :D

Hope everyone has/had a good workout! And here's to everyone in our thoughts today!

Hi Ladies (and Gents)

I finished my very first CCPP Saturday. Incredible. I was almost sobbing at the end....endorphins, inspiration, perspiration, emotions all running together in one sloppy sweaty mess.

Extra challenges!? Oh my, you mean in addition to 65 minutes? Well - not today !!!lol:) But I am really pleased with my results - 5.92 miles.

What a great program and workout.

I didn't really dedicate my run to any one person - but ran with the intention to choose to be happy....because happiness spreads happiness.

Last edited:
Hi Ladies (and Gents)

I finished my very first CCPP Saturday. Incredible. I was almost sobbing at the end....endorphins, inspiration, perspiration, emotions all running together in one sloppy sweaty mess...
quote]

Isn't that an incredible feeling? I well remember feeling the same the first time I completed the workout, which wasn't all that long ago. I haven't kept track of how many CCPP workouts I've done, but it's definitely less than a dozen so far. Congrats on joining in on the experience!

I'm sitting here after just finishing my workout. I had dedicated it everyone who would give anything to be able to get up on a treadmill and walk a few steps but is unable to do so for whatever reason. I needed that motivation quite a few times today, as it was a "heavy legs" day. But every struggling step was worth it as I realized when I reached the final cooldown, "I did it!!" Needless to say, I feel great.

Oh, I was wondering whether anyone knows who "Kitty" is and whether she recovered from the challenge she was facing at the time of the original PP event?

Done!

I was draggin' my feet with my workout today, knowing full well that Sean would competely kick my arse.:p But, finally I got my butt on the elliptical. I was a sweatin' after the second sprint on the first challenge. OMG - that first challenge is intense! I kick up the sprints to a level 4 and it wipes me out.

I feel so great to have it behind me.:) I have gone to the dark side and rewarded my efforts with pizza and beer.:p:eek: What can I say??

BTW, I have no idea who Kitty is....good question though.

Congrats all for kickin' it into gear today. You all rock!!

Angie

^^^5's and WTG!!! You guys ROCK!!!

I'm off on a mini vacation and I haven't done the workout yet. I'll get to it either tomorrow or Monday depending on my energy level once I get home. One thing is for sure, I'll be inspired by this thread and all of your wonderful post workout reports. There's something to be said for doing the workout later. ;) :D

I saw where someone asked who Kitty was. I didn't know kitty personally, but she used to post on the CC forum. I believe she had a brain tumor, but don't quote me on that. I'm sad to report that she passed away a year or so ago. I remember reading about it on the CC homepage. Coach Sean put up her picture with a lovely tribute. It was so sad. I believe she was fairly young. :(

^^^5's and WTG!!! You guys ROCK!!!

I'm off on a mini vacation and I haven't done the workout yet. I'll get to it either tomorrow or Monday depending on my energy level once I get home. One thing is for sure, I'll be inspired by this thread and all of your wonderful post workout reports. There's something to be said for doing the workout later. ;) :D

I saw where someone asked who Kitty was. I didn't know kitty personally, but she used to post on the CC forum. I believe she had a brain tumor, but don't quote me on that. I'm sad to report that she passed away a year or so ago. I remember reading about it on the CC homepage. Coach Sean put up her picture with a lovely tribute. It was so sad. I believe she was fairly young. :(

Enjoy that vacation! The workout will be waiting for you when you're ready.

How sad about Kitty. I was kind of afraid of something like that. Thank you for the information.

CCPP Sunday! Late results here..... I just did it. Angie, you're right -- that first challenge is always a doozy! I swear, today while doing it I really thought I wouldn't even get beyond it. It's finally become summer here and I'm a big heat wimp. But, I got through that one and then each challenge after just felt better and better and for the first time I ever I could almost imagine adding on another challenge the way a lot of you do. Honestly, I could not imagine it previously. I didn't do it, but by the time the cool down came, I was still maybe a mile from home, so I did add on some extra cool down time. :) My terrain didn't always match Sean's -- some sprints were hills, some hills were sprints, but wow, it was a good workout!

I was actually thinking about Kitty's husband this morning and wondering how he is doing.

-Beth

Here's a very late post!

Congrats to everyone who did the PP workout. I hope you felt me all in spirit. I had a setback a few weeks ago and haven't been able to run since, but I'll get back there.

Kitty was an amazing woman. She had an amazing presence on the CC forum a few years back. I think she also held a special place in Sean's heart. I remember him saying he went to her funeral too.
Tanya

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.