Caution...Kickbox Extreme (Amy Bento)

robin8r

Cathlete
Please be careful if you are doing this workout. I knew her form was bad (from other posts) so was being ultra careful and I STILL had something in my back slip out of place!:( :(

When she does the 2 fast jump kicks to the side PLEASE find a substitute move before doing the workout! I was in great pain for several days and now, a week after doing this workout, I'm finally only moderately sore. I thank Cathe and my improved core for a quick recovery.:)

I just wanted to post this to try to help prevent someone else from going through what I did!

Terri

Sorry to hear that you injured yourself during the workout. That's no fun.

There were two threads on VF where people shared their ideas on how to modify some of the more awkward moves. I found them very helpful. I really enjoy this workout and love how motivating the music is. Now that I have some modifications, I'm sure I'l enjoy it that much more.

Take care!

Hi Terri,

I too feel that double kick move is an accident waiting to happen. I picked up a couple of modifications, and am going to try it again soon, but the first time and only time I did the workout, I was trying to follow it as instructed, and I really felt like I was going to pull something. I got so discouraged, I just turned the video off, and moved on to a different workout video.

Iris

I really like Amy Bento but I am so disappointed with this workout. I just don't understand how someone supposedly qualified would create a poorly designed work out that requires quite a bit of modification in order to avoid ending up in traction.

>I really like Amy Bento but I am so disappointed with this
>workout. I just don't understand how someone supposedly
>qualified would create a poorly designed work out that
>requires quite a bit of modification in order to avoid ending
>up in traction.

I just get the impression that she's had NO training in kickboxing, nor has she consulted with anyone who has. It's like she just picked up some moves from other workouts and added her own (I've never seen any workout using a hook off the back arm...so I think she just made that up on her own).

I consider this a 'could-have-been-great' workout that is marred by bad form and especially by bad sequencing.

Terri: I'm sorry you got injured. Hope you heal soon.

(I never even tried the jump double side kick, because if Amy and crew look silly doing it--and I think they do---I'd surely look much sillier! I find that for a double right kick, a left squat followed by a right side or roundhouse works really well).

wow! i don't know a lot about kickboxing form and workouts, i just do KPC and some janis saffell, but i did kickbox extreme for the first time today and LOVED it! i really only had to modify some of the jumping, i loved the music and it was really fun and had different moves then the other ones. on the other hand, i found kick max to be boring and impossible to do in parts. i don't know, this one just felt more dancy than kickboxy i guess, which i found fun

how are her other workouts? im new to her

thanks

dana

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.