Cats are weird too

MidgetDogg

Cathlete
Pam's post about the dogs just made me think about the interactions between my cats and dogs, and just the funny things the cats do anyway.

The one thing that's always cracked me up about the cats is how all of them have this fascination about gravity. Every cat I've ever owned has loved to sit on a piece of furniture, find any movable object and push it off the edge to watch it fall. I've lost so many pens this way, because my cat Eddie will drop them on the floor and Buster (the puggle) will snatch it up and chew the end off before I have any clue that the pen wasn't in the pen cup where it SHOULD have been.

Then there are the cats that will hold conversations with you. Eddie is one of them... he comes into a room, and starts talking. If you respond, he talks more. It's like he's really trying to tell you something.

I've had a few cats that announce themselves when they jump up to hang out with you too. There's always a small "meow" when they land on your lap - like you don't notice that extra 10 lbs of fur that just showed up out of nowhere.

I really do love how every animal has their own unique personality. There are always similarities, but each of them is special.

Too funny, Donna!! The talking cat is hysterical! You wonder, what are you trying to tell me? Wouldn't it be cool to have a device that translates animal speak? Do your pets watch TV like Kathryn's? I think it was you, Kathryn, with the TV watching feline, wasn't it?

Happy Friday!
Pam

My cats don't watch TV, but my puggle does. He sits on the edge of the sofa and watches. I've got a cute picture of him on my facebook watching Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka. Last night I had The Colbert Report on and Steve was doing a bit with a cat predicting the outcome of the Egyptian uprising. The dog went crazy when he saw that cat.

One of my cats, Abby, talks. She really does. You can carry on conversations with her, and she is very adept at letting you know what she wants. She will come get me out of bed if the food bowl is empty or the litter box needs to be cleaned. She also watches TV. She will be your best friend forever if you will get down on the floor with her and just rub her all over. She also has a thing for heads (bald or not) and hair. She will stand up and put her front legs on my shoulder, and just bury her face in my hair. She would stay that way all day if I let her.

My other cat, Josie, is very quiet. Every now and then you'll hear her meowing non-stop for 10 or 15 seconds. She loves to play with balls, and I swear it looks like she is playing soccer, the way she uses her feet to bat it around. She also loves anything she can pick up and carry, like pens, pencils, etc. I have to keep the Q tips locked up because she loves to get them and tear them into little pieces. If I sit down, she's on me. I call her Velcro Cat. She likes to put her paws over her face when she sleeps, likes she's covering her eyes.

I work for a cat rescue agency, and I have yet to meet a mean cat in the bunch. I love all animals, but cats have a special place in my heart.

I have a cat that hitched a ride home in my husband's car engine at the age of 4 weeks (55 mph for 50 minutes!)! It took us 2 hours to find the source of the mewwing! He was hiding so well, 5 adults couldn't find him. Finally, a little nose popped out of a crevice, followed by a coal dust covered furball. Miraculously, he was unharmed! He weighed 0.9 lbs on my food scale. So cute! We found out he was part of a feral tribe that lives on the grounds of the power plant where my DH works. Most of his brothers and sisters were killed off by coyotes.
We've had him for 18 months now and he is a beautiful little muscle (wish I had that sculpted physique!!!)! Very tough, loves to bite. My DH seems to have filled the role of brother kitty (and has the scars to prove it!). I am the food/treat/hugs and kisses giver. For his safety, and the safety of the surrounding wildlife, he is an indoor kitty.
His amazing trait is that he travels so well in the car! Probably prefers being inside the cabin as opposed to the engine compartment! We took him on vacation from NC all the way out to the Grand Canyon...he was great!
I hope over time he will get out of the bitey phase and be more snuggly...his coat is lovely...just like a chinchilla!
Nancy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.