Cathletic Supporters Sep 6 Check-In

Sugarbean

Cathlete
Good Morning Cathletic Supporters!

I thought it would be nice to move over to nutrition section because that's harder for me to deal with than the working out, what do others think?

Today is going to be a great day! I started reading BFFM, have officially been working out since 8/16 consistently, and just bought a fat caliper thingy on ebay for $9! Yeah!

Spinach/egg white omelette for breakfast, BF#2 will be flax oatbran with an orange, lunch will be chicken,sweet potato,broccoli x 2, whole wheat pasta for dinner, tra la!
No more of this!
chippies.gif

or this!
temtation.gif

I haven't had sugar of any kind, including HFCS, and I feel really good about it.
I'm going to experiment with protein shakes- I have soy protein which I am going to use up before I buy any more

Things to be thankful for today:D:
My family and I are healthy
It's not going to be so hot today
I found a good case to present at the conference
I have a great topic to do for my talk on 9/16, and I am going to start it today so I am not up all night on 9/15
I am going to do Imax today
Clean eating is very inexpensive

Things that are stressful today:confused::
I need to change the oil in my car
The day has finally come to pay back my student loans, and it is not going to be pretty ($900/month)
My husband expects me to spend the entire weekend with the family and I have to work on above talk
I have to face a weekend of clean eating which is harder when you're home for the weekend

Off to do Imax!

Thoughts of encouragement to all who are reading this :p!

Lisa

Hi Lisa, good for you! I'm not sure I have the fortitude to stick with BFFM -- have read some of it but have not gotten through it, but if I were to do it at all I think I would need this checkin! I'll try to read some more of it and see if I can really do it.

-Beth

Poor chocolate bunny didn't stand a chance.

I almost hate to mention my Cathe workout because it would seem everyone else in Cathletic is more athletic. Still this morning it was Body Fusion with 6 inch little pink step.

I too have more trouble with the food rather than the workouts (anymore anyway.) As far as food goes I do the calorie cycling routine and aim for low carb cause of my insulin receptors not being too fabulous. If I don't beat them up with sugars I may get to have them for longer and avoid type 2 diabetes entirely. Over the past couple days I don't know why but that went to hell. I ate four slices of buttered toast yesterday (2 at lunch and 2 at dinner), 1 cup of pasta, and a glass of oj. I haven't had a glass of juice in a long time (sugar is hard on me.) However, I realized that I just didn't feel good. So, in a way I'm making progress. Still, I was disappointed with myself. Oh, and I put on three pounds sigh of f a t. For me that could be three weeks to take it off. Argh. Still. Plan. Shop. Prepare. I know the mantra. I'm working on eliminating dairy (gives me beautiful shiners-I look like I was in a fight.) and wheat (I would rather spend my carbs elsewhere.) However, I still want some chocolate sometimes so maybe if I allow myself a single meal off per week I won't wig out and blow it like I did yesterday.

And yet that said. The idea of sticking to my plan (said in a faux Russian spy accent) is exciting and fun. I tried a whey protein shake powder mixed with milk but it was so sweet I spit it out. So I'm sticking to whole protein sources like chicken.

Current happy easy stuff: My brother/mother are supporting me in my new business venture. I seem to have a contract that begins in two weeks. Its easy for me to practice with my gear and even to get workouts in.

Current challenges: new job angst. I've been worried about my mother's health, she has not been well. Adjusting my body to get up at maybe 4:30 am to get my cardio/am workout in before my new work schedule. Nightly yoga instead of nightly tv.

Very inspiring

Hi Cathletes. I happened upon your check in/post and read them all. I find them very inspiring and motivating. Its great to know there are folks just like me, struggling with the same issues, working through the same challenges. I feel better knowing Its not me. I've begun running in the mornings, three mornings a week. I've seen great fat loss results. I now look forward to running instead of step for my cardio. I run for about 20 minutes in my neighborhood (I live in Florida) and plan to increase that to 30 minutes very soon. I've been drinking whey protein shakes with flax seed. When I weighed myself Yesterday I lost 3 pounds. Usually I retain more water during a certain time of the month. So I'm proud of that. I eat 5 to 6 small meals a day keeping it as clean as I can. It was a bit hard recently cause my mom was visiting and her home cooking is so good.

I'm going to keep running/jogging increasing the time and distance. I've readded weight lifting to my exercise (heavy weights 4DS) I hope to see more definition and more fat loss by end of September.

Carmen.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.