Cathe's Make-Up

Cathe you look amazing. I can't imagine you would ever frighten anyone away. Maybe your workouts, but not you!!!

CATHE!!! you are Beautiful on your dvds,and your make up looks great it doesn't look over done at all. and In person you're MORE beautiful!!! even after a live class :D
see you next year :D

Are you still a fan of Bobbi Brown make-up/cosmetics, Cathe?

I recently was 'cornered' in Macy's by a Bobbi brown make-up artist and I just fell in love with the make-up and dropped a small fortune...lol. The eyeshadows go on so smooth and look awesome. She showed me some great tricks and gave me a ton of freebies . I'm hooked!! :)

I wonder if the guys wear make-up?

As I said in my original post, no offense intended when I mentioned the eyelashes. I wasn't judging, false eyelashes just freak me out, no matter who is wearing them. haha.

I recently was 'cornered' in Macy's by a Bobbi brown make-up artist and I just fell in love with the make-up and dropped a small fortune...lol. The eyeshadows go on so smooth and look awesome. She showed me some great tricks and gave me a ton of freebies . I'm hooked!! :)

Ha...bless those 'passionate' cosmetic counter CSR's ;) Yep, BB's got quite an impressive line and such an inspiring story behind it all too

Bobbi's Story — Bobbi Brown Official Site

My credit card seems to whisper to me, "Take me out, it's all worth it!"

Cosmetics | Bobbibrown.com

I am admitted make-up idiot. Every time I buy foundation and try to wear it, it ends up melting off. Does anyone have a good recommendation for a make-up with staying power but isn't heavy? I have sensitive skin and mineral make up does not work for me.

I have just found something called tarte Amazonian clay15 hour foundation! I live it! It also suppose to help the skin be more healthy and it wasn't tested on animals and it is organic, suppose to be anyway, it stays on all day and I like the way it covers! It is great so far even out if Bobbie brown I found tart last longer and covered better!

LOL...what a fun thread. Ok, here is the low down:

When I teach my classes here at the gym its a "whip your hair up in a pony no make up affair". In fact sometimes I get a bit too relaxed and have to remember that I am out in public...:eek: If I know a visitor is coming to take class I will throw on some eyeliner and light mineral makeup so that I don't frighten the visitor away :eek:

When I am doing the Roadtrip I put on make up, but MUCH LIGHTER than I do for filming. Main reason is that this is a highly photographed professional event and it's important to look presentable to the public at a public event. As you can see in the pic's though, the hair is downright soaked, the face is fllushed and full of sweat and the corners of the mouth are foaming...(OK, TMI :p)

When I film its a whole different animal. The lights are so blown out and BRIGHT that if you wear no make up your facial features literally disappear. You have to "draw back your face" under that extreme lighting with some make up. If you don't you look pale and sickly.

As far as wearing more make up now than before...we can thank High Def for that. Ask any news reporter, big/small screen actor or DVD instructor, ha, will tell you they would love to do away with high def on the body/face. Looks great for everything else but it is unforgiving to the body and face. In fact, it at times creates shadows or lines that aren't even noticeable in real life. Oh its so awful :mad: So now I feel like make up takes forever because we have to create contours and shadows in areas to soften the high def appearance....sigh.

So that's the scoop :D

I just checked this out again and can I say, Cathe, that your comments make me feel a lot better about how I look when I'm working out...whew! Thanks for taking time to speak to serious issues about working out...LOL!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.