Cathe's Barre workout - supporting leg :-(

rgs424

Cathlete
I LOVE the Barre workout. But I feel like I can't complete many of the exercises because my supporting leg just tends to burn out, while the leg that is doing the actual exercises feels ok. Is this normal? I hope it goes away soon !!

That was normal for me. I switched starting legs each weeks when I did a rotation with that workout.

Just keep at it! Your supporting leg will build up the tolerance. I did TB 1X/week for 1 month and saw a noticeable improvement in both my supporting leg AND working leg. The key with barre (from my own experience) is consistency and frequency.

Good luck!

Natasha

Again, Natasha is reading my mind. Consistency is key here, just like with any workout. As you do it more frequently, you will increase your strength and endurance. If you go as long as you can, and do the workout at least once a week, try to add on a few more reps every time. You'll be doing the entire series before you know it. It will still be challenging, but you'll eventually be able to get through it.

I had the same issue, but the more I added it to my rotation, the better I performed.

Eva

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.